PDA

View Full Version : what is the point of bashing sara palin

manu1959
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
she lost.....why do we feel compelled to bash women in a posistion of power.....

No1tovote4
11-06-2008, 10:37 PM
They seem to fear her running in the future. Imagine if she used the interim period to remedy her lack of information. Her powerful speaking skills would be difficult to overcome if she also had demonstrable knowledge.

retiredman
11-06-2008, 10:39 PM
it seems to me that the bashing is now coming from the right. Quite honestly, I woulde be dancing if the republicans nominated her to go up against Obama in 2012.

stephanie
11-06-2008, 10:42 PM
he be dancing..:dance:

Yurt
11-06-2008, 10:43 PM
it is interesting...women with power and "guts" are called bitches, guys are called executive (not always)

had a neighbor at my dad's place in LA who was VP in a large tech co, moved up since then, and female. had nannies for the two kids and she worked 50+ a week. husband had some family $, so he worked as well, but more in buying land and real estate. i always wanted to talk to her and see how it was...never got the chance, but my dad did...

said she said that it was tough, but tough shit, if i complain, i am a whiny bitch, if i don't complain and kick ass, i am a nutcracker bitch...my favorite, she said she would rather smash nuts than grapes :laugh2:

manu1959
11-06-2008, 10:48 PM
it is interesting...women with power and "guts" are called bitches, guys are called executive (not always)

had a neighbor at my dad's place in LA who was VP in a large tech co, moved up since then, and female. had nannies for the two kids and she worked 50+ a week. husband had some family $, so he worked as well, but more in buying land and real estate. i always wanted to talk to her and see how it was...never got the chance, but my dad did...

said she said that it was tough, but tough shit, if i complain, i am a whiny bitch, if i don't complain and kick ass, i am a nutcracker bitch...my favorite, she said she would rather smash nuts than grapes :laugh2:

i have this young lady that works for me .....she is brilliant....soft spoken .... easy on the eyes and ruthless ..... she is first in line to take my job....

Yurt
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
i have this young lady that works for me .....she is brilliant....soft spoken .... easy on the eyes and ruthless ..... she is first in line to take my job....

nice

Abbey Marie
11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
she lost.....why do we feel compelled to bash women in a posistion of power.....

Because they were once skeered of her and they can't forget it.

What was really sad was how women immediately turned against her, before they even knew anything about her, soleley for partisan reasons. I will always remember the dozens and dozens of threads started about her that very day, making the most absurd, unfounded and misogynist accusations.

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
No one is "bashing" her. They are simply revealing things that previously went unreported.
By the way, among those "bashing" Palin are members of John McCain's staff. Apparently they are trying to pin the Obama landslide on her. As opposed to the negative feelings generated by the Bush economy.

Abbey Marie
11-06-2008, 11:22 PM
No one is "bashing" her. They are simply revealing things that previously went unreported.
By the way, among those "bashing" Palin are members of John McCain's staff. Apparently they are trying to pin the Obama landslide on her. As opposed to the negative feelings generated by the Bush economy.

If it is true that McCain staffers are blaming the loss on Palin, they are being ridiculous.

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 11:25 PM
If it is true that McCain staffers are blaming the loss on Palin, they are being ridiculous.

I thought the same thing. Who else would know all these inside details? And what reason do they have to disclose them after the election? <br>
I think some of McCain's advisers are trying to clear their names as they look for work.

stephanie
11-07-2008, 12:14 AM
oops wrong thread..

Hull
11-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Don't worry about Palin. Soon she'll be nothing more than an after thought. On the other hand Obama is going to be around for the next four years at least. No doubt conservatives will have plenty to kick him around about.

Noir
11-07-2008, 05:49 AM
she put herself in the stoplight.
And she's pretty darn thick.
Was it not inevitable?

Honestly she can't run in 2012, even during this ellection she became far to easy to put in a box, and as soon as that Tina women put her in that box there was no gettin out.

Immanuel
11-07-2008, 08:12 AM
it is interesting... conservative women with power and "guts" are called bitches, guys are called executive (not always)

Had to make that correction. I mean just think of liberal women who have power and "guts" like Pelosi, Clinton, Boxer & Feinstein... okay, well, some people call them bitches but not because of the power and guts they have for very different reasons than they call Gov. Palin a one.

Immie

crin63
11-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Jindal/Palin in 2012. My prediction.

The moderates (RINO's) have to try and tear her down so they don't have to take the blame.

dan
11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
It's what we do with women in this country. I don't think it's a partisan thing, the same thing happens/happened to any big female celebrity: first, they're deified, can do no wrong, then eventually they're dragged down and destroyed, all for the pleasure of the cameras.

That South Park where Britney Spears blows her head off was a little more perceptive than people give credit for, I think.

hjmick
11-07-2008, 12:41 PM
That South Park where Britney Spears blows her head off was a little more perceptive than people give credit for, I think.

Much of South Park is more perceptive than people give it credit for.

krisy
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Thsi is nothing but sour grapes from the people that ran the McCain camaign. They don't want the blame for him loosing because they helped him run such a wretched campaign. His loss had nothing at all to do with her whatsoever IMO.