PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama's victory dress 'a shocker'

stephanie
11-07-2008, 01:33 AM
:eek::D

From correspondents in Washington

November 06, 2008 09:50pm
BARACK Obama's victory speech electrified the nation, but the dress his wife, Michelle, wore has been widely criticised.

Michelle Obama appeared onstage at a huge Chicago rally late on Tuesday wearing a black cardigan over a scoop-neck black sheath with splashes of red in the upper and lower half separated by a band of black at the hips.

The outfit was a slightly modified version of a dress presented by designer Narciso Rodriguez in September for the 2009 Spring season.

"I voted for Obama, but I didn't vote for that dress,'' homemaker and mother of three Jessica Bettencourt from Wisconsin told the New York Times.

"I don't know what was worse,'' Chicago lawyer Karla Wright told the paper: "that stupid criss-cross band around the middle or that black sort of border coming up from the hem''.

read it all here..
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24614187-5005961,00.html

Classact
11-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Maybe she was saying I'm a Black Widow?

Noir
11-07-2008, 07:10 AM
How interestzzzing.

In the wake of Obama becoming president some correspondents were so void of material to write about they decided to focus on Mrs obamas dress. Maybe if she had sprent the same amount of money as palin on her wardrobe (about $150000) then we'd be Reading about what a great dress she was wearing.

Joe Steel
11-07-2008, 07:58 AM
How desperate!

I guess when you're out of ideas, you'll whine about nothing at all.

Immanuel
11-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I actually liked the dress. I thought that for a mother of two at approximately 45 years of age, (not knowing her real age) that she looked good in the dress. Not hot, but for the situation she looked nice.

But, I will admit to thinking that it does remind me of a Black Widow spider.

Immie

stephanie
11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
well now...who was it who brought up Sarah Palin's wardrobe and makeup????

:laugh2:

Joe Steel
11-07-2008, 09:53 AM
well now...who was it who brought up Sarah Palin's wardrobe and makeup????

:laugh2:

No one criticized Palin's taste. We criticized her honesty.

stephanie
11-07-2008, 09:56 AM
No one criticized Palin's taste. We criticized her honesty.

Oh really...what a friggen joke..

too bad, the article is criticizing her taste...hey I didn't write it, I just agree with it...:laugh2:

The ClayTaurus
11-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Funny, I just heard Rush prattling on about how pointless it was to care about her fashion. Then again, he was responding to an article that was complimenting her...

Binky
11-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Good God! In a time when America is nearing economic collapse, it seems people are more concerned about the clothes these women were wearing. How friggin' ignorant is that? Good grief! Grow up, people! :lame2:

Psychoblues
11-08-2008, 04:50 AM
'Zackly, binky!!!!!!!!!!

Good God! In a time when America is nearing economic collapse, it seems people are more concerned about the clothes these women were wearing. How friggin' ignorant is that? Good grief! Grow up, people! :lame2:

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

stephanie
11-08-2008, 07:58 AM
:laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
11-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Like Oprah has proven for years, you can dress an gorilla like woman in designer dresses and you still end up with a woman from the pages of National Geographic. Another old standby......... you can pull a person out of the ghetto but you can't extract the ghetto out of the person........ even with very expensive and ugly designer clothing.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: