PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel stupid

11-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Do all the liberals who were saying that Bush wouldnt relinquish power and allow an election this year feel stupid?

hjmick
11-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I was wondering this very thing just yesterday. The claims of facism, dictatorship, he would suspend the election and retain power. Oooo...scary scary. I guess they were wrong.

Oh...wait...there are still seventy four days for him to nullify the results, declare martial law, and deploy the troops throughout the country.

retiredman
11-07-2008, 12:50 PM
As a liberal, I can unequivocally state that if I had ever said anything like that, not only would I feel stupid, I would be stupid. Thankfully, I never did.

hjmick
11-07-2008, 12:54 PM
As a liberal, I can unequivocally state that if I had ever said anything like that, not only would I feel stupid, I would be stupid. Thankfully, I never did.

To my knowledge, I never saw those words associated with your name. But did see people express those concerns, it might not have been on this board, but I did see it.

retiredman
11-07-2008, 12:57 PM
To my knowledge, I never saw those words associated with your name. But did see people express those concerns, it might not have been on this board, but I did see it.
both sides have their wackos. I have never thought otherwise.

11-07-2008, 12:57 PM

i know you havent. and im glad you agree. However, there are other people at this bored that repeatedly stated it.

11-07-2008, 12:58 PM

Oh it was on this board.

retiredman
11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
i know you havent. and im glad you agree. However, there are other people at this bored that repeatedly stated it.

like I said...both sides have their nuts.

The only difference HERE is, the nuts on the right are revered with great respect!;)

Immanuel
11-07-2008, 01:02 PM
like I said...both sides have their nuts.

The only difference HERE is, the nuts on the right are revered with great respect!;)

I'm so thrilled to know that I have great respect from you all. :laugh2:

Not, that I said that (although I remember several discussions about it where I said "if he did there would be hell to pay"), but being a nut, myself, I'm proud to know that I have everyone's great respect.

Thank you.

Immie

stephanie
11-07-2008, 01:02 PM
:lol:

whining again..

Sitarro
11-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Do all the liberals who were saying that Bush wouldnt relinquish power and allow an election this year feel stupid?

Both President Bush and Senator McCain have shown a maturity and class in the last few days that the collective liberal dimwits could only dream of having. Only one lawsuit, to make sure the votes of our men and women serving our country overseas were counted, was filed by McCain.

I know that I would have a completely different attitude if I was President Bush, I would be saying FUCK YOU to the American people and the dickheads around the world that have done nothing but lie, cheat and sabotage his administration and are chiefly responsible for the economic problems we are now facing.

manu1959
11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Both President Bush and Senator McCain have shown a maturity and class in the last few days that the collective liberal dimwits could only dream of having. Only one lawsuit, to make sure the votes of our men and women serving our country overseas were counted, was filed by McCain.

I know that I would have a completely different attitude if I was President Bush, I would be saying FUCK YOU to the American people and the dickheads around the world that have done nothing but lie, cheat and sabotage his administration and are chiefly responsible for the economic problems we are now facing.

anyone rember what the clinton transistion team did to the whitehouse....

hjmick
11-07-2008, 01:08 PM

Barney did bite a reporter...

Noir
11-07-2008, 01:58 PM

indeed, and there are some conservitives on the board satin Obama is gonna create a communist state or a racist state ect ect

And in 4/8 years they shall be feeling equally stupid, no?

Trigg
11-07-2008, 02:36 PM
My sister, the one in Finland, actually did say this to me, "Bush isn't going to give up the Presidency". I'm waiting to write her when he leaves office.

McCain and his team have shown respect for the voters. Unlike Kerry who sued for 2 months after the election and cried that it had been stolen.

I think the Bush White House will also show respect, unlike the Clinton's who trashed the place and removed all the W's from the keyboards. They showed themselves to be petty, over indulged children.

krisy
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM

I heard about that yesterday. The news said the reporter was going to need a tetnus shot. I told my husband,I would have thought the dog would need the tetnus after biting a member of the media.:coffee:

Immanuel
11-07-2008, 03:24 PM

I heard about that yesterday. The news said the reporter was going to need a tetnus shot. I told my husband,I would have thought the dog would need the tetnus after biting a member of the media.:coffee:

I must admit that when I saw Mick's post earlier today, I was trying to figure out when Barney Frank became conservative.

Immie

krisy
11-07-2008, 03:28 PM

I must admit that when I saw Mick's post earlier today, I was trying to figure out when Barney Frank became conservative.

Immie

:clap::laugh2:

I wouldn't put it past ol Barney.....

bullypulpit
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Expect the worst...hope for the best. Less chance of disappointment that way.

Yurt
11-07-2008, 04:19 PM

whining again..

it beats threatening people and their family with physical violence

retiredman
11-07-2008, 07:42 PM
it beats threatening people and their family with physical violence

whine whine whine...from the internet stalker.:lol:

diuretic
11-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I think I might have suggested it, maybe not here, but I reckon I posted it somewhere. I thknk I might have posted it about the time a Republican aide was banging on about the new reality.

The aide said that guys like me were ''in what we call the reality-based community,'' which he defined as people who ''believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.'' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ''That's not the way the world really works anymore,'' he continued. ''We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17BUSH.html

That breathtakingly arrogant statement indicates what the administration though about itself back then. And when you factor in Rove's policy of turning the US into a one-party state with the Republicans running everything it wasn't hard for me to believe that BushCheney might just refuse to relinquish by manufacturing a crisis that would see any handover suspended.

Anyway, I want to be wrong about it and I don't give a shit about the juvenile taunting that will come, I just want to be wrong.