PDA

View Full Version : Obama Eyes Consumer Activists For Agency Posts

Psychoblues
11-08-2008, 03:15 AM
It's about time we had a Prez that understood something about looking out for the people that spend their money and expecting something of substance and quality in return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Consumer Affairs News

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and other government agencies
that affect consumers, are likely to look very different under President Obama than they do under President Bush.

With the priority on economic posts, no consumer agency heads have yet been announced, though that hasn't stopped Washington from engaging in its favorite pastime, speculating on who's up and who's down.

At EPA, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. appears to have the inside track to head the agency. The Washington Post quotes sources familiar with the process as saying Kennedy is a strong candidate, through several other prominent environmentalists are also in the running.....................................

If it turns out not to be Kennedy, the sources tell the Post that former Sierra Club president and environmental activist
Lisa Renstrom is under consideration, as is California Air Resources Board chair Mary Nichols. Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Secretary Kathleen McGinty and Massachusetts Energy and Environmental Affairs Secretary Ian Bowles also reportedly have a shot at landing the post.................................

More: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/11/obama_consumer02.html

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

stephanie
11-08-2008, 08:01 AM
RkJ is a dickhead...this little Marxist administration is looking scarier and scarier every day...

but you all voted FOR CHANGE...it's a coming...:dance:

11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Putting a fascist in charge of the EPA isnt really the change i was hoping for.

crin63
11-08-2008, 01:00 PM
With enviro-wackos at the helm you can forget about the infrastructure being repaired for a decade or two. After all the endless lawsuits, the rodents, birds, lizards, crickets and flies will have to be relocated before anything can be done. It will be good for lawyers and enviro-wacked activists but it won't create any new jobs.

Psychoblues
11-09-2008, 03:27 PM
So,,,,,,,I take it that you all enjoy the abuses of the industries that wreak havoc on us, create environmental disasters, financial melt downs, poison our food, sell us faulty machinery and appliances, an on and on and on. The regulatory agencies were created to help the industries and the population and you all seem to want to take the population out of the equation and simply allow the industries to proceed willy-nilly while continuing to wreak additional havoc?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That is the main reason I left the Republican Party. There were others, mind you, but that was plenty enough for me to finally realize that Republicans in general have no interests in bettering the lives of the common citizenry that it proposes to represent.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
11-09-2008, 03:59 PM
So,,,,,,,I take it that you all enjoy the abuses of the industries that wreak havoc on us, create environmental disasters, financial melt downs, poison our food, sell us faulty machinery and appliances, an on and on and on. The regulatory agencies were created to help the industries and the population and you all seem to want to take the population out of the equation and simply allow the industries to proceed willy-nilly while continuing to wreak additional havoc?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That is the main reason I left the Republican Party. There were others, mind you, but that was plenty enough for me to finally realize that Republicans in general have no interests in bettering the lives of the common citizenry that it proposes to represent.
:

Is it possible that you could be more full of shit?

Psychoblues
11-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Do you have a comment on the substance of the conversation or do you desire to continue your practice/habit of attacking posters rather than the argument being presented?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Is it possible that you could be more full of shit?

You are one sick puppy, zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
11-09-2008, 06:05 PM
psydeshow:

do you support mandatory community service?

yes or no

manu1959
11-09-2008, 06:10 PM
psydeshow:

yes or no

doesn't matter he will sign an executive order requiring that you serve in his police force .....

Yurt
11-09-2008, 06:17 PM
doesn't matter he will sign an executive order requiring that you serve in his police force .....

it matters if psydeshow supports it in terms of discussion, you are right about the end result.

11-09-2008, 08:37 PM

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please list the environmental disasters that have happened.

Psychoblues
11-09-2008, 08:55 PM
As is my nature on about all subjects, yuk, I cannot give you a simple yes or no answer on this one.

psydeshow:

yes or no

It is a complicated concept and one that would require many considerations before I would even suggest national or community service for someone. National service was good for me, my family and my career. It drew me to community service where I continue to enjoy participation and I find every opportunity that I can to expand my efforts and make them more worthwhile for the community without regard to any personal benefit that might be achieved on my part. My elective years are over as well as my professional career. I now do pretty much as I please, when I please and how I please. The financials that I undertook many years ago make this possible at this stage of my life.

If mandatory community service is your concern, yuk, why don't you start a thread about it? It would probably be a good one if you preface it correctly for encouraging dialogue and debate. This particular thread concerns the appointment of consumer activists as heads of agencies that purport to responsibly regulate their corresponding industries. For far too long the oversight agencies have been led by idiots that have no interest in their jobs or the agencies have been eliminated altogether with great detriment to the population of this nation and in some cases to the world at large.

If you have problems getting that thread started, yuk, just drop me a pm or somehow contact me. I know very well how to do the thread starting thing and I would be proud to help you in any way I can on that issue. Can you dig it?!?!???!???!??!?!???!

Meanwhile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Just which one gives you the most heartburn, a'21? There are environmental disasters everyday that are directly attributed to irresponsible actions by industry and individuals.

I guess we could start with the Bhophal disaster a few years back that killed thousands or a more close and recent and ongoing one the coal fired steam plant pollution that has been positively identified as the source for millions of cases of chronic bronchial infections/diseases as well as water pollution, fish kills, premature failures in home and business roofs, automobile paint failures, on and on and on.

There are thousands of cases, a'21 but you haven't been paying attention, have you?!??!??!!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2008, 05:48 AM
you mean apart from Psycho's birth?.......

I guess we could start with the Bhophal disaster a few years back that killed thousands

???...so now that we have a Democrat president we will have a Department of Energy that can control India?.....sweet!......he should have campaigned on that issue........

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 05:54 AM
I do quite well for the environment and the society that relies on it, pmp.

you mean apart from Psycho's birth?.......

???...so now that we have a Democrat president we will have a Department of Energy that can control India?.....sweet!......he should have campaigned on that issue........

Or are you just trying in a very unprofessional way to be funny?

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2008, 06:06 AM
some people promote pollution, some people ARE pollution.....

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 06:12 AM
I totally agree, pmp.

some people promote pollution, some people ARE pollution.....

Please stop breathing as I don't want my air contaminated with the bile that you emit.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Psychoblues