PDA

View Full Version : Obama says he'll tax the rich, roll back Bush cuts and aid middle class

stephanie
11-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I hope this new tax doesn't hit some of you people who voted for the little Marxist...if so, too bad...

BY KENNETH R. BAZINET
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Sunday, November 9th 2008, 12:54 AM

Helgren/Reuters

CHICAGO - For the rich, the party is over - as promised.

Despite speculation to the contrary, President-elect Barack Obama will act on his campaign promise and roll back the Bush administration's tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, an Obama senior adviser told The Daily News.

The Obama camp rejected the overnight analysis by some pundits who speculated the language at his first news conference Friday suggested the President-elect was backing away from his tax plans.

AN INSIDER'S GUIDE: THE NEW N.Y. POWER DEMOCRATS
"No change to the tax plan - at all," the aide said.

Obama plans to raise taxes on the wealthy by asking the Democratic-controlled Congress to allow President Bush's tax cuts to expire at the end of 2010. When they expire, it could pump in about $72 billion a year toward balancing the budget, according to the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center.

The President-elect also will move quickly with his promised middle-class tax cut, even before the taxes on the rich expire, top Obama and congressional aides confirmed Saturday.

read it all here..
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/11/08/2008-11-08_obama_says_hell_tax_the_rich_roll_back_b.html

Said1
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I wish Harper would do that here. The middle class is becoming an endangered spiecies. I think somone should start a not for profit org.