View Full Version : Freaking Weird

Kathianne
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Unbelievable. I thought this was a sign of equality, not super equality:

http://cjonline.com/stories/110908/loc_353922770.shtml

Planning under way for Obama holiday
The Capital-Journal
Published Sunday, November 09, 2008

Plans are being made to promote a national holiday for Barack Obama, who will become the nation's 44th president when he takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

"Yes We Can" planning rallies will be at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. every Tuesday at the downtown McDonald's restaurant, 1100 Kansas Ave., until Jan. 13. The goals are to secure a national holiday in Obama's honor, to organize celebrations around his inauguration and to celebrate the 200th birthday of President Abraham Lincoln, who was born on Feb. 12 1809...

emmett
11-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Unbelievable. I thought this was a sign of equality, not super equality:

http://cjonline.com/stories/110908/loc_353922770.shtml

Ridiculous yes but it will happen.

stephanie
11-09-2008, 05:51 PM
well, don't all the dear leaders(dictators), have a special day set aside for all their subjects to march, sing and dance to them..

manu1959
11-09-2008, 05:55 PM
well, don't all the dear leaders(dictators), have a special day set aside for all their subjects to march, sing and dance to them..

may day.....

Yurt
11-09-2008, 05:57 PM
get ready

LiberalNation
11-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm all for national holidays and more time off school whatever they are.

Kathianne
11-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Psst, you're in college now, they don't get the days off. Teachers in gs and hs do though!

Yurt
11-09-2008, 06:27 PM

would you say the same if you owned a business and because of holidays you are required to pay our employees time and a half if they work "holidays?"

LiberalNation
11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
No but if I was an employee I'd love it and kathianne the college I go to has us off all national holidays.

manu1959
11-09-2008, 06:35 PM
No but if I was an employee I'd love it and kathianne the college I go to has us off all national holidays.

just makes the cost of goods and services go up....

Kathianne
11-09-2008, 06:37 PM

Good for you then, unusual. Enjoy them, nurses usually have to work 2 out of 3, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's. Real life can be tough. ;)

Yurt
11-09-2008, 06:44 PM

then you don't vote on principles, you vote on dollars?

YamiB.
11-09-2008, 07:03 PM
So it seems this is just the actions of an overzealous McDonald's manager from Kansas?

If that's pretty much all there is to it I don't think there should be much to worry about. If Obama was going to get a national holiday I think it would reasonably go after his term is over and I think it is extremely unlikely that his accomplishments would be great enough to merit such action.

Kathianne
11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
then you don't vote on principles, you vote on dollars?

She's all about her. Getting a bit long in the tooth for that, but whatever. Actually I think a lot of liberals are of that persuasion, 'make the world better', but you pay for it, not me. Look at the glee at 'soaking the rich' without a brain cell being employed on what the action will result in.

When someone said to MFM to send in an extra 20-30% in his taxes, obviously he thinks he should pay more, 'No, I don't want to. I will if forced.' If it's a 'good thing' do it. If it's not, don't argue for it.

Yurt
11-09-2008, 07:32 PM
So it seems this is just the actions of an overzealous McDonald's manager from Kansas?

If that's pretty much all there is to it I don't think there should be much to worry about. If Obama was going to get a national holiday I think it would reasonably go after his term is over and I think it is extremely unlikely that his accomplishments would be great enough to merit such action.

do you want to spread your wealth?

retiredman
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
She's all about her. Getting a bit long in the tooth for that, but whatever. Actually I think a lot of liberals are of that persuasion, 'make the world better', but you pay for it, not me. Look at the glee at 'soaking the rich' without a brain cell being employed on what the action will result in.

When someone said to MFM to send in an extra 20-30% in his taxes, obviously he thinks he should pay more, 'No, I don't want to. I will if forced.' If it's a 'good thing' do it. If it's not, don't argue for it.

I have no problem supporting increasing the marginal income tax rate even if it means that I will pay more in taxes. I will always willingly pay whatever the legally required tax is.... and not one penny more.

YamiB.
11-09-2008, 07:49 PM
do you want to spread your wealth?

What does this have to do even remotely with my post that you quoted?

retiredman
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM

don't expect a great deal of correlation from yurt. he spews one liners almost as profusely as his "dear friend" RSR.:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-09-2008, 09:05 PM
may day.....

Funny how that's the same term that is radioed when a plane that is going to crash and burn.

retiredman
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Funny how that's the same term that is used for a plane that is going to crash and burn.

actually, it is the french term "m'aidez", pronounced "mayday" which means "help me"

Abbey Marie
11-09-2008, 09:08 PM
actually, it is the french term "m'aidez", pronounced "mayday" which means "help me"

And so?

Yurt
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM

so you can't answer the question...

YamiB.
11-09-2008, 09:56 PM
so you can't answer the question...

Tell me what it has to do with the topic and what I posted.

Hull
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Why would Obama need a national holiday named after him when there already is one, Presidents Day. Doesn't that cover any and all Presidents? Or does he think he's special? This because I'm black everything that I do is special thought process is exactly what perpetuates racism.

And here I heard Obama's master campaign team saying he didn't run on race. So why now a brand new holiday just for him because he's black? The Greek towers weren't enough? Where will this guys self grandiose visions end?

YamiB.
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Why would Obama need a national holiday named after him when there already is one, Presidents Day. Doesn't that cover any and all Presidents? Or does he think he's special? This because I'm black everything that I do is special thought process is exactly what perpetuates racism.

And here I heard Obama's master campaign team saying he didn't run on race. So why now a brand new holiday just for him because he's black? The Greek towers weren't enough? Where will this guys self grandiose visions end?

It doesn't really seem like Obama really has anything to do with this. It seems to be the actions of some McDonald manager in Kansas.

LiberalNation
11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
She's all about her. Getting a bit long in the tooth for that, but whatever. Actually I think a lot of liberals are of that persuasion, 'make the world better', but you pay for it, not me.

Yes it is and I think a lot of people both liberal and conservative are of that persuasion. Why else would the rich vote gop in the hopes of lower taxes and more money for themselves.

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Yes it is and I think a lot of people both liberal and conservative are of that persuasion. Why else would the rich vote gop in the hopes of lower taxes and more money for themselves.

Why would rich vote for Dems, knowing they would be targeted? Why would middle class vote GOP, knowing the Dems say they'll throw money their way? Not everyone is what you seem to think is the norm.

Yurt
11-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Tell me what it has to do with the topic and what I posted.

you've spent more time dodging than answering....try doing the opposite

YamiB.
11-10-2008, 10:40 AM
you've spent more time dodging than answering....try doing the opposite

I will not until you tell me how it is a valid line of questioning in relation to what I said.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm self employed....can I get the government to send me a check so I get the day off with pay as well?......

retiredman
11-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm self employed....can I get the government to send me a check so I get the day off with pay as well?......

if you are self employed, every day you take off is a day with pay... you get to be the sole determinant of how much you pay yourself. congratulations.

Little-Acorn
11-10-2008, 12:01 PM

would you say the same if you owned a business and because of holidays you are required to pay our employees time and a half if they work "holidays?"
No but if I was an employee I'd love it

Even if your employer found he had to lay somebody off, to save enough money to pay the rest of the workers their new holiday pay? And YOU were the one he laid off?

It's always a hoot to see these leftists treat employers as though they had an infinite supply of money somewhere, which they could dole out without affecting anything else. ALL employers would love to be in that situation... and none are.

Monkeybone
11-10-2008, 12:07 PM
They already have a whole month that they can pick one day out of, it's called February.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
if you are self employed, every day you take off is a day with pay... you get to be the sole determinant of how much you pay yourself. congratulations.

hardly....if I am not here to do the work there is nothing to charge my clients for.....

retiredman
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
hardly....if I am not here to do the work there is nothing to charge my clients for.....

you still can pay yourself. Many businesses not every business generates income every day.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
you still can pay yourself. Many businesses not every business generates income every day.

???....perhaps you have a cloudy understanding of what self-employed really means.....if I have the money (received from my client), I already have the money....there is no "pay yourself".....

Silver
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
No need to pick on the guy....you realize the average IQ is only about 116...:lol:

retiredman
11-10-2008, 09:22 PM
???....perhaps you have a cloudy understanding of what self-employed really means.....if I have the money (received from my client), I already have the money....there is no "pay yourself".....

self employed can very well mean that you run a business and pay yourself from the proceeds of that business as a legitimate expense of running the business. That money you have left over, after paying your bills and paying your employees -including yourself, is net profit... my guess is that you need a good accountant to help keep you from fucking yourself.

and I wouldn't hire "silver" who obviously is an even bigger moron than you are.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2008, 09:33 PM
That money you have left over, after paying your bills and paying your employees -including yourself, is net profit.

no shit?....I thought that left over money was garbage...I'll have to stop throwing it away.....

an even bigger moron than you are

at least I was smart enough to know the money in my left pocket isn't any different than the money in my right pocket....

retiredman
11-10-2008, 09:35 PM
no shit?....I thought that left over money was garbage...I'll have to stop throwing it away.....

at least I was smart enough to know the money in my left pocket isn't any different than the money in my right pocket....

It would seem that you did not know that the money you pay yourself is a deductible expense to your business.... so ...

even when you decide to take a fucking day off from your business, you can still pay yourself...which was my fucking point in the first fucking place...

moron.

Silver
11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
It would seem that you did not know that the money you pay yourself is a deductible expense to your business.... so ...

even when you decide to take a fucking day off from your business, you can still pay yourself...which was my fucking point in the first fucking place...

moron.

You might just as well carry the idea to its conclusion according to the Northeast moron........
He can take EVERY day off and pay himself triple time until the fuckin' business ceases to exist....:poke:

retiredman
11-10-2008, 10:05 PM
You might just as well carry the idea to its conclusion according to the Northeast moron........
He can take EVERY day off and pay himself triple time until the fuckin' business ceases to exist....:poke:he can take as many days off as he choses to...he ought to know what his gross receipts are, and he ought to know what his expenses are, and he ought to know what his projected profit margin is.... if he doesn't have those sorts of numbers at his finger tips, he probably ought not to be working for himself.

Clearly, you don't know the first fucking thing about running a business... but then that would certainly not be the first thing you don't know the first fucking thing about, would it?

PostmodernProphet
11-11-2008, 05:28 AM

/boggle.....that has got to be the stupidest statement I have ever heard....do you think the money changes color when I deduct it from my income to pay it to myself as income?

moron.

listen, short-shrift.....I earn money by doing things for my clients.....if I am sitting home not doing things for clients I don't have anything to bill them for....I can sit at home all I want and move my money from one pile to another and I gain nothing.....now stop pretending you have any understanding of reality and go play on another thread.....

retiredman
11-11-2008, 07:19 AM
/boggle.....that has got to be the stupidest statement I have ever heard....do you think the money changes color when I deduct it from my income to pay it to myself as income?

listen, short-shrift.....I earn money by doing things for my clients.....if I am sitting home not doing things for clients I don't have anything to bill them for....I can sit at home all I want and move my money from one pile to another and I gain nothing.....now stop pretending you have any understanding of reality and go play on another thread.....

generating revenue is not synonymous with meeting payroll.

PostmodernProphet
11-11-2008, 07:53 AM
generating revenue is not synonymous with meeting payroll.

I repeat....if I do not have billable hours I have nothing to charge my clients for.....thus I have no revenue.....if DO work and I have revenue I have received the money and saying I can "give" myself the money again tomorrow is nonsensical.....

[note: apparently posting on this board has done something to MFM's mind.....he seems incapable of admitting he is wrong, even when his error is blatant.....]

retiredman
11-11-2008, 09:09 AM
I repeat....if I do not have billable hours I have nothing to charge my clients for.....thus I have no revenue.....if DO work and I have revenue I have received the money and saying I can "give" myself the money again tomorrow is nonsensical.....

[note: apparently posting on this board has done something to MFM's mind.....he seems incapable of admitting he is wrong, even when his error is blatant.....]

If your "business" is so simple that you "pay" yourself today only whatever you make today... if your cash flow and working capital are so limited that you cannot afford to make payroll today if you don't generate revenue today and your client doesn't pay you for today's services today, then you cannot take a day off and pay yourself. I had no idea that you were so "hand to mouth". my apologies... and condolences.

PostmodernProphet
11-11-2008, 10:14 AM
If your "business" is so simple that you "pay" yourself today only whatever you make today... if your cash flow and working capital are so limited that you cannot afford to make payroll today if you don't generate revenue today and your client doesn't pay you for today's services today, then you cannot take a day off and pay yourself. I had no idea that you were so "hand to mouth". my apologies... and condolences.

your ignorance continues......let's say I bill a client $5000 for work that I did....he pays the bill.....I have $5000.....I pay my expenses....I have $2500 left over.....I now have $2500 to live on.....I am not living hand to mouth, I have cash on hand......you want me to take that $2500 and give it to myself so I can have a "day off with pay"....../boggle.....I already have the money....I didnt earn anything new that day....I suppose if I only gave myself $3 and kept the other $2497 in the bank you would call me a cheap bastard and demand that I pay myself at least a minimum wage?.....:lol:

Binky
11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
If Obama gets a national holiday, it'll more than likely be sometime during his term. (or even afterwards) I doubt it would happen this quickly. Also, if it happens, the banks etc. would get the day off as well.