PDA

View Full Version : Obama Positioned To Quickly Reverse Bush Actions

Psychoblues
11-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I like a good prez that has action as his forte' and the public good in his heart at all times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: WaPo

Transition advisers to President-elect Barack Obama have compiled a list of about 200 Bush administration actions and executive orders that could be swiftly undone to reverse White House policies on climate change, stem cell research, reproductive rights and other issues, according to congressional Democrats, campaign aides and experts working with the transition team.

A team of four dozen advisers, working for months in virtual solitude, set out to identify regulatory and policy changes Obama could implement soon after his inauguration. The team is now consulting with liberal advocacy groups, Capitol Hill staffers and potential agency chiefs to prioritize those they regard as the most onerous or ideologically offensive, said a top transition official who was not permitted to speak on the record about the inner workings of the transition.

In some instances, Obama would be quickly delivering on promises he made during his two-year campaign, while in others he would be embracing Clinton-era policies upended by President Bush during his eight years in office.

"The kind of regulations they are looking at" are those imposed by Bush for "overtly political" reasons, in pursuit of what Democrats say was a partisan Republican agenda, said Dan Mendelson, a former associate administrator for health in the Clinton administration's Office of Management and Budget. The list of executive orders targeted by Obama's team could well get longer in the coming days, as Bush's appointees are rushing to enact a number of last-minute policies in an effort to extend his legacy............................................ ........

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/08/AR2008110801856.html?hpid=topnews

Meanwhile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Kathianne
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
PB, I made the edit your requested. ;)

Psychoblues
11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks a bunch, Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PB, I made the edit your requested. ;)

I'm taking back all that ol' crap I've been saying about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get you a Cosmos?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Amazing what you can do when a quick transition happens rather than wasting times trying to keep keep your opponent from stealing your election.

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, a'21.

Amazing what you can do when a quick transition happens rather than wasting times trying to keep keep your opponent from stealing your election.

It's tough when you start your Presidential career by filing lawsuits to stop the vote counting and chasing around just being a genuine dick about American values and all. Circumstances aside, gwb performed miserably as a potential at that time POTUS.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, a'21.

It's tough when you start your Presidential career by filing lawsuits to stop the vote counting and chasing around just being a genuine dick about American values and all. Circumstances aside, gwb performed miserably as a potential at that time POTUS.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was algore.

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Al Gore did not file the lawsuits, Kat. lil' gwb did and that is a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was algore.

How much do you know about law, lawsuits and how they are filed, Kat? Does the phrase "Bush v Gore" mean anything to you? If not, it is easy to research. We have had this discussion many times on this and the other board, Kat. Bush was the plaintiff and it was Bush that had the lawsuit filed on his behalf. The lawsuit wanted the state of Florida to stop counting the votes and it did just that. The decision was a non-precedent setting one by the SCOTUS which was itself unprecedented. Do a little reading, Kat. It helps.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Al Gore did not file the lawsuits, Kat. lil' gwb did and that is a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much do you know about law, lawsuits and how they are filed, Kat? Does the phrase "Bush v Gore" mean anything to you? If not, it is easy to research. We have had this discussion many times on this and the other board, Kat. Bush was the plaintiff and it was Bush that had the lawsuit filed on his behalf. The lawsuit wanted the state of Florida to stop counting the votes and it did just that. The decision was a non-precedent setting one by the SCOTUS which was itself unprecedented. Do a little reading, Kat. It helps.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, reading helps. A request for an injunction against a state government entity is not a lawsuit.

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Bush V Gore didn't help, did it, Kat?

Yep, reading helps. A request for an injunction against a state government entity is not a lawsuit.

Try as I might, I just can't help you if you just can't keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

GW in Ohio
11-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Very interesting account of a meeting between Bush and Obama a few years ago...

President Bush and President-elect Barack Obama are probably hoping their meeting Monday goes better than their first get-together, which left a bad taste in the mouths of both men.

Four years ago, Obama and other newly elected members of the Senate were invited to the White House for a breakfast meeting with Bush, who pulled the young Chicagoan aside.

"Obama!" Bush exclaimed, according to Obama's account of the meeting in his second memoir, "The Audacity of Hope." "Come here and meet Laura. Laura, you remember Obama. We saw him on TV during election night. Beautiful family. And that wife of yours -- that's one impressive lady."

The two men shook hands and then, according to Obama, Bush turned to an aide, "who squirted a big dollop of hand sanitizer in the president's hand."

Bush then offered some to Obama, who recalled: "Not wanting to seem unhygienic, I took a squirt."

The president then led Obama off to one side of the room, where Bush said: "I hope you don't mind me giving you a piece of advice."

"Not at all, Mr. President," Obama told the commander-in-chief.

"You've got a bright future," Bush said presciently. "Very bright. But I've been in this town awhile and, let me tell you, it can be tough. When you get a lot of attention like you've been getting, people start gunnin' for ya. And it won't necessarily just be coming from my side, you understand. From yours, too. Everybody'll be waiting for you to slip, know what I mean? So watch yourself."

Bush then noted that he and Obama had something in common.

"We both had to debate Alan Keyes," the president said. "That guy's a piece of work, isn't he?"

Obama laughed and even "put my arm around his shoulder as we talked," he recalled, although he added the gesture "might have made many of my friends, not to mention the Secret Service agents in the room, more than a little uneasy."

Despite this display of bonhomie, Obama said the president's demeanor turned downright frightening when he laid out his agenda to the freshly minted lawmakers.

"Suddenly it felt as if somebody in a back room had flipped a switch," Obama wrote. "The president's eyes became fixed; his voice took on the agitated, rapid tone of someone neither accustomed to nor welcoming interruption; his easy affability was replaced by an almost messianic certainty. As I watched my mostly Republican Senate colleagues hang on his every word, I was reminded of the dangerous isolation that power can bring, and appreciated the Founders' wisdom in designating a system to keep power in check."

When I quoted from this passage to Bush during an Oval Office interview, the president seemed irritated to learn he had been taken to task by the senator he once counseled.

I thought I was actually showing some kindness," Bush said indignantly. "And out of that he came with this belief?"

The president added with a bit of a scowl: "He doesn't know me very well."

Bill Sammon is Washington Deputy Managing Editor for FOX News.

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Do you think FauxNews got it wrong, GW?

Very interesting account of a meeting between Bush and Obama a few years ago...

Interesting and enlightening!!!!!!!!! Thank you, GW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues