PDA

View Full Version : City Boy Grows Up Fast To Give Family A Chance

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 01:20 AM
This kid knows more about personal character and ethics than most every Republican I have ever met. He deserves a huge KUDOS from all that care about such things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By DEBORAH HIRSCH • Courier-Post Staff • November 9, 2008

CAMDEN — While other children play games or watch television, 10-year-old Chris Little spends his free time searching the streets for cans and bagging groceries at a neighborhood store.

Nobody asked him to do these things. The Parkside Elementary fifth-grader started looking for ways to earn money all on his own, because, he explained, "I saw my mom was struggling and I was trying to do my best."

His mom, Carole Bell, said she found out she had cervical cancer when she was pregnant with Chris. She underwent treatment, she said, but then the cancer returned. By last year, she said, she was too sick to work; by the summer, so sick "I couldn't barely get up to go to the bathroom."

Bell found herself trying to calculate an impossible equation: how to care for four boys on a fixed income of about $400 a month in child support. Friends gave her hefty breaks on rent, and the boys -- three sons aged 7, 8 and 10 and a 10-year-old nephew she takes care of -- pitched in around the house.....................................

Much More: http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200811090310/NEWS01/811090406

Every once in a while I run into kids similar in attitude and ambition as this one. When I do I make it my habit to help as much and as often as I can. This kid will certainly grow up to be one fine American and one fine human being. The world is a better place with kids like him. I wish more of the adults felt the same way.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 08:43 AM
13 views, no response. Yall don't care about good city kids, do you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Psychoblues