PDA

View Full Version : Obama-Mania In The Book World

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 01:35 AM
This is true history being made right before our eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of his books are now effectively sold out and even his manuscripts and books by other authors about this phenomenon of an American President have been snapped up as soon as they hit the shelves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truly treasures for Americans to enjoy forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By HILLEL ITALIE
The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Barack Obama is the hottest name in publishing.

On the weekend after he became the country's first black president-elect, Obama's "The Audacity of Hope" and "Dreams from My Father," both already million sellers, ranked No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com.

Both hardcover and paperback editions of "Audacity of Hope" were out of stock Sunday on Amazon.

Sales are up even in Arizona, home state of Obama's Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain.

"People are generally much happier this week than they were last week," Gayle Shanks, co-owner of the Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, said Sunday.....................................

More: http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/topstories/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-11/122629456351410.xml&storylist=

Good reading for good people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

-Cp
11-10-2008, 01:51 AM
"People are generally much happier this week than they were last week," Gayle Shanks, co-owner of the Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, said Sunday.....................................

HOW THE HELL does he know that?

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 02:01 AM
I think the article indicates quite clearly that Gayle Shanks, the owner of the book store and from whom most of this article is written, is quite aware of the happiness of his customers in Tempe, Arizona, cp.

HOW THE HELL does he know that?

I certainly could judge the general happiness of my customers when I owned my music store. Why is this confusing for you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Cp
11-10-2008, 02:17 AM
I think the article indicates quite clearly that Gayle Shanks, the owner of the book store and from whom most of this article is written, is quite aware of the happiness of his customers in Tempe, Arizona, cp.

I certainly could judge the general happiness of my customers when I owned my music store. Why is this confusing for you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't believe he has a friggin clue... I think he's being a foam-finger here cause he's selling books..

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Uhhhhhhhh, cp. Selling books is what he is in business to do, duhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I don't believe he has a friggin clue... I think he's being a foam-finger here cause he's selling books..

I still am concerned about your confusion. Do you experience this often or is this an anomaly for you? Do you hear voices in your head? Do you often break out in cold sweats? Have you ever been treated for any mental conditions?

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

stephanie
11-10-2008, 09:58 AM

I never heard that one before..cracked me up..:laugh2:

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 10:43 AM
It don't take much to crack you up does it, stevie?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!!!

I never heard that one before..cracked me up..:laugh2:

Good Lord, I should know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues