PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Obama Wins Electoral Vote In Nebraska

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Nebraska?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?! No shit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are Kansas and Wyoming next?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

BY ROBYNN TYSVER
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

For the first time ever, a blue circle will appear in Nebraska on national electoral maps.

Barack Obama won the Omaha-based 2nd Congressional District on Friday, scooping up one of the state's five electoral votes.

In the process, he made history and shone the spotlight on Nebraska's unusual electoral college system.

Obama won 8,434 of 15,039 mail-in ballots counted Friday by Douglas County election officials. These early ballots arrived in the election commissioner's office too late to be included in Tuesday's election results.

The additional votes gave Obama a 1,260-vote lead over Republican John McCain in unofficial returns. McCain won the popular vote statewide and four electoral votes.

About 5,000 provisional ballots in Douglas County remain to be counted next week, but they are unlikely to change the 2nd District outcome. About half of such ballots typically are disqualified.

"We always knew we could do it, but it would be an uphill climb. It's great to see a little corner of Nebraska turn blue," said John Berge, state director for the Obama campaign.......................................... ..................

More: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2835&u_sid=10481441

I could not be more pleased with the popularity of the President for whom I pledge 100% of my support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

theHawk
11-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I heard about this before the election. Nebraska doesn't have winner take all. The one district in the big city was targeted by Obama heavily.

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Encouraging, ain't it?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I heard about this before the election. Nebraska doesn't have winner take all. The one district in the big city was targeted by Obama heavily.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Psychoblues