PDA

View Full Version : Does Obama really have to give birth cert to USSC by Dec. 1?

Little-Acorn
11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
It's probably old news by now, that that lawyer Berg who's been suing Obama and claiming he was born in Kenya or someplace, filed suit with the U.S. Supreme Court, asking them to POSTPONE THE NOV. 5 ELECTION until Obama proves he was born in Hawaii. On Nov. 5 (I think), Justice Souter denied the request, and the election was held (obviously).

But I also keep hearing that Souter did more than that: I keep hearing this rumor (ooh, there's a reliable source) that Souter also ordered Obama to produce a genuine Certificate of Live Birth showing he was born in a U.S. state such as Hawaii, by December 1, 2008.

I can find the Supreme Court document where Souter denies Berg's request to halt the election, here: http://www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-570.htm

But I haven't been able to find ANY written order from any USSC justice, asking for a birth certificate by December 1.

Anybody know where to find that written order?

Or is this an example of what is politely known as "That which is not so"?

I've always thought that this whole Obama-isn't-a-natural-born-US-citizens quest was a bunch of malarkey. As far as I'm concerned, he was born in Hawaii, two years AFTER it became a US state, and so he is fully qualified to be President according to Constitutional requirements. I have NEVER seen any solid evidence indicating otherwise, even after a bunch of glassy-eyed fanatics have tried for months to produce some.

But I would like to keep up with the FACTS in this case... as long as they are really facts.

stephanie
11-10-2008, 12:01 PM
He should of never been allowed to run for our President with just the type of people he ran with..

he also despises our Constitution..

he is a farce and we will pay for his being elected..

hjmick
11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
The onlt truth I have been able to find on this subject, LA, seemingly comes from various blogs and message boards. This does not mean it's not true, it just means I won't use them for a source and instead will wait for a repected news agency (oxy moron?) before I buy into the story.

I do agree with you, however, it all strikes me as much ado about nothing.

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
It's probably old news by now, that that lawyer Berg who's been suing Obama and claiming he was born in Kenya or someplace, filed suit with the U.S. Supreme Court, asking them to POSTPONE THE NOV. 5 ELECTION until Obama proves he was born in Hawaii. On Nov. 5 (I think), Justice Souter denied the request, and the election was held (obviously).

But I also keep hearing that Souter did more than that: I keep hearing this rumor (ooh, there's a reliable source) that Souter also ordered Obama to produce a genuine Certificate of Live Birth showing he was born in a U.S. state such as Hawaii, by December 1, 2008.

I can find the Supreme Court document where Souter denies Berg's request to halt the election, here: http://www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-570.htm

But I haven't been able to find ANY written order from any USSC justice, asking for a birth certificate by December 1.

Anybody know where to find that written order?

Or is this an example of what is politely known as "That which is not so"?

I've always thought that this whole Obama-isn't-a-natural-born-US-citizens quest was a bunch of malarkey. As far as I'm concerned, he was born in Hawaii, two years AFTER it became a US state, and so he is fully qualified to be President according to Constitutional requirements. I have NEVER seen any solid evidence indicating otherwise, even after a bunch of glassy-eyed fanatics have tried for months to produce some.

But I would like to keep up with the FACTS in this case... as long as they are really facts.

I understand some keep hoping for this to be some weird lucky quirk, I just don't see it:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iw1At-4G1xuE50oXVFRlBPfR3dqgD945OLU00

State declares Obama birth certificate genuine
Oct 31, 2008

HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.
She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.
Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.
Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.

Sounds like urban legend stuff

crin63
11-10-2008, 12:59 PM
http://www.btinternet.com/~tonyrichardson/horse.gif

Yurt
11-10-2008, 01:01 PM
i am still curious as to why obama did not simply produce the certificate or copy thereof...why go through all the trouble to get an electronic copy when all he had to do was request a copy of the original. the fault that this issue is still alive lays entirely at obama's feet.

retiredman
11-10-2008, 01:04 PM
in fact, it is only "still alive" in the minds of desperate conspiracy theorists with tinfoil hats.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
the case was dismissed....therefore, there would not be any outstanding orders.....here is the docket of all documents filed.....

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-paedce/case_no-2:2008cv04083/case_id-281573/

Little-Acorn
11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
the case was dismissed....therefore, there would not be any outstanding orders

It was dismissed by the Eastern District Court in Pennsylvaia. Lawyer Berg then appealed it to the Supreme Court, which has not (yet) dismissed it. They merely denied one request for an emergency injunction. Plenty more hoops to jump thru.

But I have seen NO evidence of any "outstanding orders" from the Supremes. Just one rumor, which seems to have been started by a press release written by lawyer Berg (not by the Supreme Court).

I would love to see any such evidence. So far I have seen none.

Yurt
11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
interesting point:

"I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate," says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer. "They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power - even over presidents, even over presidents-elect."

Also remember that on December 13, the Electoral College meets to casts its votes. If it has been determined that Mr. Obama is an illegal alien and therefore ineligible to become President of the United States, the Electors will be duty-bound to honor the Constitution.

it appears that there is still time....

Immanuel
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
interesting point:

"I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate," says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer. "They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power - even over presidents, even over presidents-elect."

Also remember that on December 13, the Electoral College meets to casts its votes. If it has been determined that Mr. Obama is an illegal alien and therefore ineligible to become President of the United States, the Electors will be duty-bound to honor the Constitution.

it appears that there is still time....

Oh man, can you imagine the screaming from the left if the USSC nullified the election after the Gore v. Bush rulings of 2000? It would not be pleasant around here, that is for sure.

Immie

Yurt
11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Oh man, can you imagine the screaming from the left if the USSC nullified the election after the Gore v. Bush rulings of 2000? It would not be pleasant around here, that is for sure.

Immie

me and a box of :popcorn:

Hull
11-10-2008, 01:50 PM

Immie

Are you kidding? If for any reason, even a ruling from the USSC, that Obama wasn't qualified to become President, there would rioting the likes of which this country has never seen. You know, those anti war liberals? They'd turn America into a war zone.

Yurt
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
technically, obama is not even the president elect

Immanuel
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Are you kidding? If for any reason, even a ruling from the USSC, that Obama wasn't qualified to become President, there would rioting the likes of which this country has never seen. You know, those anti war liberals? They'd turn America into a war zone.

I honestly think we would be safer in the middle of Iraq with an American Flag on our shoulders and Arabic writing on our backs that says, I'm here to hunt down Osama bin Ladin.

Immie

Little-Acorn
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM

Since the Electoral College has not yet met, that is true.

I'm sure that, if the Supremes announce tomorrow that Obama is ineligible for the Presidency and McCain now has the highest number of Electoral votes of all the QUALIFIED candidates, then the Democrats and other leftist hysterics will say, "Oh, I see, well, that's OK if the Constitution says so". And they will simply pack up, go home, and start praising President-elect McCain.

Uh-huh.

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Ok, President designate, but why be this choosy? :laugh2: He has an 'office of' gosh darn it!

gabosaurus
11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Hasn't this already been settled by the State of Hawaii? Why is this issue any more important than the Palin Troopergate thing?

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Hasn't this already been settled by the State of Hawaii? Why is this issue any more important than the Palin Troopergate thing?

I don't know, why didn't you post off mine that said such, with link?

Yurt
11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Ok, President designate, but why be this choosy? :laugh2: He has an 'office of' gosh darn it!

:lol:

Yurt
11-10-2008, 03:31 PM

i am still curious as to why obama did not simply produce the certificate or copy thereof...why go through all the trouble to get an electronic copy when all he had to do was request a copy of the original. the fault that this issue is still alive lays entirely at obama's feet.