PDA

View Full Version : What An Interesting Colored Map

Sitarro
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey Global Warming idiots, explain this!

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate/research/2008/oct/01_10_2008_DvTempRank_pg.gif

-Cp
11-10-2008, 05:47 PM
They can't...

retiredman
11-10-2008, 05:51 PM
there is a difference between "weather" and "climate"

You are saying that nine months of colder than normal weather disproves global warming.

Would you also, then, say, next year, if we have nine months of hotter than normal weather that such weather would PROVE global warming?

Nukeman
11-10-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't know, would you say that studying global climates for 50 years out of billions is a accurate way to predict what is going to happen? That is like looking at .0000000000001 seconds and saying you can tell what is going to happen tomorow...

We have not been studying this LONG enough to make a valid assesment, hell 25 years ago the scientist were talking about a new mini ice age. Is there change? possibly. Is it all mans fault? probably not. Is it cyclic? more than likely!

We need more time to study our weather before we make drastic changes to the way we live our lives.

I am all for conservation, recycling, and protecting the environment.

manu1959
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't know, would you say that studying global climates for 50 years out of billions is a accurate way to predict what is going to happen? That is like looking at .0000000000001 seconds and saying you can tell what is going to happen tomorow...

We have not been studying this LONG enough to make a valid assesment, hell 25 years ago the scientist were talking about a new mini ice age. Is there change? possibly. Is it all mans fault? probably not. Is it cyclic? more than likely!

We need more time to study our weather before we make drastic changes to the way we live our lives.

not to mention the fact that our instruments are amazingly accurate now and our ability to get places and measure things is unlike anytime before....

retiredman
11-10-2008, 09:38 PM

are you suggesting that climate IS the same as weather?

Or are you saying, like I am, that the idiotic OP and accompanying stupid map do NOTHING to prove or disprove global warming?????

Sitarro
11-11-2008, 03:07 AM

Or are you saying, like I am, that the idiotic OP and accompanying stupid map do NOTHING to prove or disprove global warming?????

Yea those guys at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration put out a lot of stupid maps. I guess that the posting of actual facts(the map shows how much of the country has had colder than normal temperatures) is less important than the theories of grant hungry "scientist". How about the lack of named storms this year during hurricane system? I seem to remember Katrina being a sure sign of Global Warming for the idiot grant hungry "scientist" who obviously don't know a lot about the Gulf of Mexico.

Nukeman
11-11-2008, 07:07 AM

Gee last time I checked Climate is what causes the weather!!! Or am I mistaken. So you could say that looking at the weather is the same as looking at a snap shot of the climate. You can't have one without the other.......
:dance:

retiredman
11-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Yea those guys at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration put out a lot of stupid maps. I guess that the posting of actual facts(the map shows how much of the country has had colder than normal temperatures) is less important than the theories of grant hungry "scientist". How about the lack of named storms this year during hurricane system? I seem to remember Katrina being a sure sign of Global Warming for the idiot grant hungry "scientist" who obviously don't know a lot about the Gulf of Mexico.

I was right. You really ARE saying that nine months of colder than normal weather disproves global warming.

I can't wait for the first nine months of warmer than normal weather and see you, at that time, embrace the theory of global warming.

MtnBiker
11-11-2008, 09:47 AM
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/uah_msu_sept2008-520.png

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/11/07/truly-inconvenient-truths-about-climate-change-being-ignored-ipccs-pachauri-says-warming-is-taking-place-at-a-much-faster-rate/

Nukeman
11-11-2008, 10:01 AM
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/uah_msu_sept2008-520.png

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/11/07/truly-inconvenient-truths-about-climate-change-being-ignored-ipccs-pachauri-says-warming-is-taking-place-at-a-much-faster-rate/
So what your showing is an anomaly in 1998 and thats about it for the last 30 years..... Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Looks to me like we are right at the mean for the total 30 years......

Sitarro
11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I was right. You really ARE saying that nine months of colder than normal weather disproves global warming.

I can't wait for the first nine months of warmer than normal weather and see you, at that time, embrace the theory of global warming.

I understand what you and your brethren in the liars club, called the democrat party, are trying to do. You scare up votes with unwarranted fear mongering. Your ''scientist", out to get the public's money, band together to add to the bullshit. Algore has become rich by lying to the naive, uneducated American public and other idiots around the world. And you, a "don't ask don't tell" career Navy cook that is supposedly so worldly buys it all........ hook, line and sinker. It would be funny if it wasn't so fucking expensive.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_10945505

Michael Plummer was looking forward to the ski season after sitting out all of last year because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament. But he didn't think it would come this early.
Tuesday's snowstorm kicked off a five-day accumulation that has reached about 46 inches of snow, allowing Snowbird Ski Resort to open Friday, the second-earliest start in the resort's 38-year history. The resort didn't open until Nov. 28 last year.
"It feels fantastic to be out this early. I forgot how it felt to be out here," said Plummer, who was at the resort with his son and some friends. "It's pretty good skiing. There's some rocks showing through, but I'm not picky. I'm hoping this means a long and epic

Seabury Davies of Park City pauses as he waits for his friends Sunday before getting on the Snowbird Ski Resort tram for another run of skiing. Since Friday, skiers and boarders at Snowbird have taken advantage of the resort's second-earliest start in its 38-year history. (Scott Sommerdorf / The Salt Lake Tribune)
season."
Snowbird is the only resort open so far, giving skiers and snowboarders a head start on the season. Most resorts typically open after Thanksgiving.
The Aerial Tram, as well as the Gadzoom and Mid-Gad lifts, were open on Friday and open terrain included Regulator Johnson from the top of Hidden Peak, as well as Big Emma and Bassackwards.
Even though the runs and lifts are limited, Ben Hauber has been out every day since Friday and hasn't gotten bored yet. It is the Pittsburgh native's first ski season since moving to Utah.
"According to my friends, it's a bad day, but this [would be considered] a great day back home," Hauber said. "The first
Advertisement
day was awesome. All I plan on doing is working and being here [at Snowbird]."
Snowbird does not release figures but Public Relations Director Jared Ishkanian said the resort has seen a steady flow of skiers and snowboarders. The tram, which accommodates 125 people per trip, has been consistently about 80 percent full on each of the three days since the resort opened for the season.

retiredman
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
again...you continue to willfully confuse weather with climate.

So admit it: if 2009 is hotter than normal, will you then believe in global warming?:lol:

Sitarro
11-11-2008, 12:54 PM
again...you continue to willfully confuse weather with climate.

So admit it: if 2009 is hotter than normal, will you then believe in global warming?:lol:

No, I'll say..... "damn, it seems hotter than hell this year....... I still don't believe that idiot Algore and his Global Warming skam."
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Trigg
11-11-2008, 12:54 PM
The idiots IMHO are the ones that cried (Gore) that the MAJOR cause of global warming are people.

Instead of looking at the fact that the earth naturally goes through these cycles.

retiredman
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
No, I'll say..... "damn, it seems hotter than hell this year....... I still don't believe that idiot Algore and his Global Warming skam."
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

but yet nine months of cooler weather is proof to you?

nonsensical and indefensible.

Sitarro
11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
but yet nine months of cooler weather is proof to you?

nonsensical and indefensible.

Were you this hysterical in the mess hall of your boat? I don't need any proof that we aren't causing global warming, it is what I believe. The proof needs to come from the imbeciles that claim man is destroying the planet...... white men.

retiredman
11-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Were you this hysterical in the mess hall of your boat? I don't need any proof that we aren't causing global warming, it is what I believe. The proof needs to come from the imbeciles that claim man is destroying the planet...... white men.

I am not hysterical. You are the one who posted a report about a nine month period of colder than average weather ande tossed it out as disproving global warming. Either you can defend your willful mistaking weather for climate or you can't. We both know the answer to THAT!:lol:

The ClayTaurus
11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I am not hysterical. You are the one who posted a report about a nine month period of colder than average weather ande tossed it out as disproving global warming. Either you can defend your willful mistaking weather for climate or you can't. We both know the answer to THAT!:lol:Indeed. Question stands though. Do you have any proof of global warming? Much easier to disprove than to prove...

Sitarro
11-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Indeed. Question stands though. Do you have any proof of global warming? Much easier to disprove than to prove...

that kid freaks me out.

retiredman
11-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Indeed. Question stands though. Do you have any proof of global warming? Much easier to disprove than to prove...

no proof....it is only a theory. my question stands. If shitarro is going to believe that nine months of colder than normal weather disproves the theory, will nine months of hotter than normal weather change his mind, and if not, why not?

The ClayTaurus
11-11-2008, 07:05 PM
no proof....it is only a theory. my question stands. If shitarro is going to believe that nine months of colder than normal weather disproves the theory, will nine months of hotter than normal weather change his mind, and if not, why not?Who says he has to? If I'm told it rarely rains in the desert, and I get rained on for 9 straight days and conclude that claim is bogus, must i similarly conclude it's legitimate if it doesn't rain for the following 9 days?

retiredman
11-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Who says he has to? If I'm told it rarely rains in the desert, and I get rained on for 9 straight days and conclude that claim is bogus, must i similarly conclude it's legitimate if it doesn't rain for the following 9 days?

again...using short term changes in the weather to prove or disprove long term changes in climate is silly.

Yurt
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
here is a news flash, the weather has been changing from warm to cold to wamr to cold in the past few centuries alone...so how is it anyone can now say that global warming is upon us when a mere 25 years ago an ice was predicted?

another thing, according to science the earth has had multiple ice ages, my hunch and forecast of that period after the ice ages (which they say we are now in):

steadily warming :laugh2:

The ClayTaurus
11-11-2008, 09:40 PM
again...using short term changes in the weather to prove or disprove long term changes in climate is silly.Agreed. Not the point of my post, however.

retiredman
11-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Agreed. Not the point of my post, however.

it WAS the point of mine, however.

The ClayTaurus
11-11-2008, 09:43 PM
it WAS the point of mine, however.Ok?