PDA

View Full Version : i think im burned out

11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I dont want to talk or listen to anything about politics since the election. Im just tired of it right now. maybe ill feel better in a few days. But we dont have to exclusively talk about that. Anything else interesting people lately?

crin63
11-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, I'm in the process of buying my first home. I made a low ball offer and it was tentatively accepted. I was negotiating all day and they squeezed another $2500 out of me even though I was willing to go another $10k. I will get the papers tomorrow but were really excited and scared all at the same time. It had about $60k worth of remodeling done in the last year.

4 of us have been living in a 750 sq ft house. The new place is 1750 sq. ft.

manu1959
11-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, I'm in the process of buying my first home. I made a low ball offer and it was tentatively accepted. I was negotiating all day and they squeezed another $2500 out of me even though I was willing to go another $10k. I will get the papers tomorrow but were really excited and scared all at the same time. It had about $60k worth of remodeling done in the last year.

4 of us have been living in a 750 sq ft house. The new place is 1750 sq. ft.

what great news.....congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

krisy
11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
well...let's see;

We are supposed to get snow this weekend!!

I know what you mean avatar...I felt like that for a few days after the election

The holidays are around the corner:dance:

krisy
11-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh....congrats on the house crin!!!

It's exciting buying your first home. We bought ours four years ago. It was an exhausting experience,but worth it.

LiberalNation
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
The preceding few months before the election I was burn out but a few days before and since I have had a renewed interest in political debate boards.

and in other news my schedule is in limbo again because the univirsity I go to runs a fucked up system.

crin63
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
what great news.....congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh....congrats on the house crin!!!

It's exciting buying your first home. We bought ours four years ago. It was an exhausting experience,but worth it.

Thanks! I have 7 days for inspection and to back out then its a 15 day escrow.

manu1959
11-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks! I have 7 days for inspection and to back out then its a 15 day escrow.

check the water pressure....nothing will piss you off worse than bad water pressure and flushing the toilet and getting scalded......

also go meet all the neighbors and ask questions ..... you can find out a lot.....

crin63
11-10-2008, 07:22 PM
check the water pressure....nothing will piss you off worse than bad water pressure and flushing the toilet and getting scalded......

also go meet all the neighbors and ask questions ..... you can find out a lot.....

Water pressure in this city is never a problem. We actually have to much water pressure I think.

Talking to the neighbors is a good thought, thanks.

manu1959
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Water pressure in this city is never a problem. We actually have to much water pressure I think.

Talking to the neighbors is a good thought, thanks.

crawl under the house personally and into the attic.....

personally flush every toilet and run every faucet and hose bib and run every appliance...

have you been ther at night after bed time....and early in the morning before you normally get up....

if there is a fire place i would ask permission to build one....

crin63
11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
crawl under the house personally and into the attic.....

personally flush every toilet and run every faucet and hose bib and run every appliance...

have you been ther at night after bed time....and early in the morning before you normally get up....

if there is a fire place i would ask permission to build one....

I will do that. I am also having an inspector out to look for the things I might miss.

The house just had the fireplace completely rebuilt with a new mantle, new A/C and heating, all new kitchen appliances, all new oak cabinets, granite counters, new tile floor, new lighting and new garage door. It has hard wood floors throughout upstairs and downstairs. Alarm system already installed and every room is cable ready.

manu1959
11-10-2008, 07:39 PM
I will do that. I am also having an inspector out to look for the things I might miss.

The house just had the fireplace completely rebuilt with a new mantle, new A/C and heating, all new kitchen appliances, all new oak cabinets, granite counters, new tile floor, new lighting and new garage door. It has hard wood floors throughout upstairs and downstairs. Alarm system already installed and every room is cable ready.

sweet.....i would still open and close every door ...every drawer and every cabinet.......

ps...i used to do home inspections

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 07:42 PM

How old are the windows? Open and close them all to be sure you can and they remain opened. Also if double pain inspect for leaking or broken seals...windows can be very expensive to repair or replace. Oh...age of the roof?

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I dont want to talk or listen to anything about politics since the election. Im just tired of it right now. maybe ill feel better in a few days. But we dont have to exclusively talk about that. Anything else interesting people lately?

I've read a few posts that follow yours. You have been lucky. Many a person that we honor today or tomorrow, well their looming concern wasn't the election of whatever year.

If mod a messageboard is stressful, wait. Meet a girl, get married, welcome to stress.

Not putting down your feelings, but trying to give you a bit of perspective.

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I've read a few posts that follow yours. You have been lucky. Many a person that we honor today or tomorrow, well their looming concern wasn't the election of whatever year.

If mod a messageboard is stressful, wait. Meet a girl, get married, welcome to stress.

Now why hit the boy up-side his head with a 2x4? :cheers2:

Trinity
11-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Piece of advice from someone who files claims on home warranties all day long............ follow the inspector around and double check what he is checking.....you would be surprised at what they miss!

Trinity
11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Now why hit the boy up-side his head with a 2x4? :cheers2:

:laugh2:

Yurt
11-10-2008, 08:35 PM

what did he say that made you think that?

11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
trust me. Modding isnt stressing me out. its probably the least stressful thing im doing.

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 08:39 PM
trust me. Modding isnt stressing me out. its probably the least stressful thing im doing.

I believe you. It's how much you commit to what you commit to. Find something and commit. You have a lot to give, so dammit, give.

11-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I believe you. It's how much you commit to what you commit to. Find something and commit. You have a lot to give, so dammit, give.

did you have something in mind?

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM

LMAO...can't go there, no...it wouldn't be prudent..:laugh2:

pssssst av...women want all ya got. so like she says "so dammit, give." :laugh2:

5stringJeff
11-10-2008, 09:15 PM

Dude, follow that inspector everywhere, ask him about everything. Make him earn that pay. That inspection is worth every penny - make him earn it.

5stringJeff
11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
On another non-political note, I've got a friend in town, staying at my place while he gets his rating on the 737.

manu1959
11-10-2008, 09:21 PM
On another non-political note, I've got a friend in town, staying at my place while he gets his rating on the 737.

on another non political note......gerneral sherman was my great great great .......uncle....:poke:

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
on another non political note......gerneral sherman was my great great great .......uncle....:poke:

on another..I lived on the edge of Sherman town at the base of stone mountain in Stone Mountain Ga. ..anyway..the story is Sherman town is the oldest black area in Stone Mountain and named Sherman Town because Sherman didn't burn it on his way through Atlanta to the coast.

And...A guy named Venable..a KKK grand wizard lived just on the other edge of that same neighborhood...they burned crosses on his property up until about 1989, hey before that they burned en atop the Mountain.

Kathianne
11-10-2008, 09:43 PM

No that's totally up to you. Me? Well my 'throw myself into' is school and my kids. Now my kids are getting older and I need to find something else. I'm looking at ESL or old folks homes. Problem for me, I did the later at your age, at not such good ones. Got depressed and wanted to bring the 'nice' ones home. Can't afford that, back then, well I had sense enough to know my husband would have gone gaga. LOL! For good cause.

I keep hoping something else will jump out at me. I already do ESL, I really don't feel any 'spark', though I know I'm helping some very nice people. I want something that makes me feel like I'm doing 'something.'

Probably hormonal. ;)

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 09:46 PM
No that's totally up to you. Me? Well my 'throw myself into' is school and my kids. Now my kids are getting older and I need to find something else. I'm looking at ESL or old folks homes. Problem for me, I did the later at your age, at not such good ones. Got depressed and wanted to bring the 'nice' ones home. Can't afford that, back then, well I had sense enough to know my husband would have gone gaga. LOL! For good cause.

I keep hoping something else will jump out at me. I already do ESL, I really don't feel any 'spark', though I know I'm helping some very nice people. I want something that makes me feel like I'm doing 'something.'

Probably hormonal. ;)

What's ESL?

retiredman
11-10-2008, 09:48 PM
What's ESL?English as a Second Language

hjmick
11-10-2008, 09:49 PM

His name's not Mohamed, is it?

What's ESL?

English as a Second Language.

I bought another gun on Saturday.

Oh...and I'm making spaghetti with Italian sausage meat sauce for dinner.

crin63
11-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I bought another gun on Saturday.

What did you get?

I bought a house instead of another gun. :coffee:

hjmick
11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
What did you get?

I bought a house instead of another gun. :coffee:

Ruger .357, satin stainless, 6".

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Ruger .357, satin stainless, 6".

That was the pic..right? Nice..I have S&W .357 revolver..nice but to big to carry...(if one is so inclined). The Glock 19 I recently acquired fits that bill.:thumb:

hjmick
11-10-2008, 10:23 PM
That was the pic..right? Nice..I have S&W .357 revolver..nice but to big to carry...(if one is so inclined). The Glock 19 I recently acquired fits that bill.:thumb:

Yeah, similar to the one in the picture. Were I so inclined, I'd carry my 1911.

Said1
11-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I started a new job last MOnday. Promoted to peon! :dance:

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I started a new job last MOnday. Promoted to peon! :dance:

Well, that's better than bein peed on. :laugh2:

Said1
11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Well, that's better than bein peed on. :laugh2:

Don't I know it! :cheers2:

crin63
11-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I almost bought an HK .45 Saturday. I think I might have enough guns for now. I'm gonna stock up on ammo and reloading supplies.

Mr. P
11-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I almost bought an HK .45 Saturday. I think I might have enough guns for now. I'm gonna stock up on ammo and reloading supplies.

Wal-mart is the best on price I've found for ammo.

Hull
11-11-2008, 12:12 AM
The Pool team that shoots for my bar is undefeated, and I just bought my second piece of property. A small home with 6.2 acres of land with it. Got too many guns now. Have one wall in the house in the den that's all gun cabinet, custom built, and full. If I was smart I'd build a false wall in front of it and hide the whole thing.

Trinity
11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Well I just started my Business and Creative writing class and had about 5 days worth of work to catch up on tonight. Politics went right out the window! However the economy did not, damn this business class!