PDA

View Full Version : "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Cou

stephanie
11-11-2008, 12:16 AM
we better get ready to fight for our freedoms..

Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the

read the rest..
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4227

bullypulpit
11-11-2008, 12:41 AM
All you need to do is replace the sear pin and you'll have a full auto weapon. And unless you're a damn bad shot, or just a crappy hunter, you don't need a semi-auto or full auto to take big game.

Yurt
11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
get ready, his "civilian security force" that is will equal the military will own all the guns and they will be loyal to the messiah

this guy is bad news, but we tried to warn you

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 12:53 AM
The 10-year ban, which began on Sept. 13, 1994, and which was disingenuously named the Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act because it exempted various firearms (a pretense with no tangible effect), defined semi-automatics as “assault weapons” if they had more than one external attachment.35 In crime-prevention terms, this approach was pointless because, as noted, the attachments are useless to criminals and are common to other firearms. The ban defined “large” ammunition magazines as those holding more than 10 rounds.

Go back to that and I'll be an instant criminal..the Glock I just bought (legally) came with 15 round clips.

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
All you need to do is replace the sear pin and you'll have a full auto weapon. And unless you're a damn bad shot, or just a crappy hunter, you don't need a semi-auto or full auto to take big game.

I have no problem with semi-auto for hunting..auto NO, it has no place in hunting..or anywhere else I can think of cept the military or DEA.

-Cp
11-11-2008, 01:00 AM
The American people got the government they deserve.

stephanie
11-11-2008, 01:05 AM
The American people got the government they deserve.

I just hope we get through it..

-Cp
11-11-2008, 01:11 AM
I've been temped to say that a few times..but there are a lot of people who didn't vote for the little Marxist, and don't deserve what is getting ready to come down on them..

I just hope we get through it..

That sword cuts both ways Steph - America also got what it deserved the past 8 years as well.. :)

-Cp
11-11-2008, 01:12 AM
http://www.tomeaker.com/Guns/MolonLabe_s.jpg

stephanie
11-11-2008, 01:13 AM
That sword cuts both ways Steph - America also got what it deserved the past 8 years as well.. :)

I thought about that after I posted, so I went back and edited my post..you caught it before I did..

but I understand what you're saying..

Our government...SUCKS..

Abbey Marie
11-11-2008, 01:19 AM
get ready, his "civilian security force" that is will equal the military will own all the guns and they will be loyal to the messiah

this guy is bad news, but we tried to warn you

Yurt, we should go in business making "We told you so" NObama car magnets. I predict they will be very popular, very soon.

Little-Acorn
11-11-2008, 01:31 AM
All you need to do is replace the sear pin and you'll have a full auto weapon.

And a very long vacation at Club Fed.

Doing this is already illegal. The so-called Assault Weapon Ban had nothing to do with machine guns that weren't already controlled by other legislation. It was an attempt to restrict or ban single-shot semiautomatic weapons, simply because they had scary-looking fatures that didn't make the weapon any more "lethal" than similar weapons that didn't have such features.

Basically, the AWB was an attempt to get the public used to the idea that the Fed can ban guns. And that only the government's whim - not the Constitution - was the determining factor on what to ban and what not to ban.

Little-Acorn
11-11-2008, 01:39 AM
I have no problem with semi-auto for hunting..auto NO, it has no place in hunting..or anywhere else I can think of cept the military or DEA.

Mr. P, full-auto weapons have a place wherever I say they have a place. And wherever you say they have a place, etc. Why? Because the Constitution says nobody else gets a say in the matter. Especially, not government. Only us, the ordinary citizens of this country.

Of course, the govt has no problem violating this part of the Constitution. But that doesn't change what the document SAYS.

The Constitution says that we will trust ordinary people to make their own decisions on what kind of personal weapons to carry. And it doesn't say "as long as various Federal authorities agree". It just says that since an armed, capable populace is necessary for freedom, ordinary people's right to own and carry guns SHALL NOT be taken away or restricted. PERIOD.

And that's what it will continue to say, until the anti-gun-rights people get a Constitutional amendment passed - something they know they cannot do, because THE PEOPLE ARE AGAINST CHANGING THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

The Messiah will just have to appoint more judges and justices who are OK with pretending the Constitution says something it doesn't. Because they keep flatly failing to overtly change what it DOES say.

Immanuel
11-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Where in that article does it say that President Elect Obama wants to ban guns except for assault weapons, the banning of which I am more or less opposed to but was at one time federal law?

The article speaks of four things:

1) making the assault weapons ban permanent.

2) repealing an amendment that prohibits tracing of gun information to non-law enforcement agents.

3) closing the gun "show loophole" which according to the NRA doesn't exist anyway so big deal.

4) protecting children by making guns childproof.

The first three of which I am opposed to and the fourth of which is sort of funny looking at childproof medicine bottles that only kids can figure out how to open. :D

But no where in that article do I see that President Elect Obama is set on taking away our guns. Maybe this is a start, but it is not a full bore assault on guns and gun owners... at least not yet.

Immie

crin63
11-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Where in that article does it say that President Elect Obama wants to ban guns except for assault weapons, the banning of which I am more or less opposed to but was at one time federal law?

The article speaks of four things:

1) making the assault weapons ban permanent.

2) repealing an amendment that prohibits tracing of gun information to non-law enforcement agents.

3) closing the gun "show loophole" which according to the NRA doesn't exist anyway so big deal.

4) protecting children by making guns childproof.

The first three of which I am opposed to and the fourth of which is sort of funny looking at childproof medicine bottles that only kids can figure out how to open. :D

But no where in that article do I see that President Elect Obama is set on taking away our guns. Maybe this is a start, but it is not a full bore assault on guns and gun owners... at least not yet.

Immie

The day the federal assault weapon ban expired was a day to celebrate. Even California eased up the laws to some degree after that. I bought 5 AR-15 lowers and built 2 complete AR's out of them.

Number 2 on your list will drive the prices of guns up or the manufacturers out of business with frivolous lawsuits. The anti-gun freaks will file lawsuits against every gun manufacturer they can to try and drive them out of business.

Number 3 they just want to close down gun shows because its an opportunity for hundreds of gun loving folks to gather together in one place and shop. Dealers still have to do background checks and in California all transfers have to go through a dealer anyway. Some states all thats required is to show proof of residency between private parties, you just got to love free America. The last gun show I went to in California the police were outside at the exit filming license plates as people were leaving I was told.

Number 4 will drive prices through the roof and make manufacturers liable for injuries sustained by children no matter who's fault it is.

Immanuel
11-11-2008, 09:54 AM
The day the federal assault weapon ban expired was a day to celebrate. Even California eased up the laws to some degree after that. I bought 5 AR-15 lowers and built 2 complete AR's out of them.

Number 2 on your list will drive the prices of guns up or the manufacturers out of business with frivolous lawsuits. The anti-gun freaks will file lawsuits against every gun manufacturer they can to try and drive them out of business.

Number 3 they just want to close down gun shows because its an opportunity for hundreds of gun loving folks to gather together in one place and shop. Dealers still have to do background checks and in California all transfers have to go through a dealer anyway. Some states all thats required is to show proof of residency between private parties, you just got to love free America. The last gun show I went to in California the police were outside at the exit filming license plates as people were leaving I was told.

Number 4 will drive prices through the roof and make manufacturers liable for injuries sustained by children no matter who's fault it is.

Thanks for your input.

So you are saying the strategy is to go after the suppliers? Worked for the War on Drugs. :D

Immie

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks for your input.

So you are saying the strategy is to go after the suppliers? Worked for the War on Drugs. :D

Immie

Immie, the drug dealers are criminals...gun manufacturers are law abiding legitimate businesses. Big difference. Yes one of the strategies is to go after the manufacturer and the supplier.

Immanuel
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Immie, the drug dealers are criminals...gun manufacturers are law abiding legitimate businesses. Big difference. Yes one of the strategies is to go after the manufacturer and the supplier.

What I was saying, Mr. P, is that going after the suppliers in the War on Drugs didn't work, neither will going after the suppliers (and I was hinting at Obama's up and coming "War on Guns") in this case... at least I hope it won't.

I do not support a "War on Guns" or a "War on gun owners".

Immie

Little-Acorn
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM

And last time I checked, drugs weren't protected by the Constitution (well, maybe by the 10th amendment, but that's a different argument), but your and my right to own and carry weapons is explicitly named and protected.

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 01:35 PM
And last time I checked, drugs weren't protected by the Constitution (well, maybe by the 10th amendment, but that's a different argument), but your and my right to own and carry weapons is explicitly named and protected.

That's why there is a focus on gun manufacturers and suppliers.

Immie...we have a client right now that was a gun dealer who was forced out of business and into bankruptcy due to a law suit brought against him because one of the guns he sold injured someone. Going after suppliers can work.

Immanuel
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Immie...we have a client right now that was a gun dealer who was forced out of business and into bankruptcy due to a law suit brought against him because one of the guns he sold injured someone. Going after suppliers can work.

Is that any different than arresting the crack dealer on the corner of 1st and Main only to have his spot filled two hours later by another?

Immie

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Is that any different than arresting the crack dealer on the corner of 1st and Main only to have his spot filled two hours later by another?

Immie

Selling guns is legal, selling crack is illegal. So yes it's different.

Immanuel
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Selling guns is legal, selling crack is illegal. So yes it's different.

No, I meant the outcome.

Yes, your client ended up going out of business. I'm sorry to hear that. Not knowing the situation, I cannot comment on that particular case. However, this one case did not defeat the legal suppliers or the manufacturers.

The government has been trying to eliminate drug dealers for ages to zero success. The same will be the case with gun dealers. As long as there is a demand, when one supplier goes down, another will fill his place.

Immie

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
No, I meant the outcome.

Yes, your client ended up going out of business. I'm sorry to hear that. Not knowing the situation, I cannot comment on that particular case. However, this one case did not defeat the legal suppliers or the manufacturers.

The government has been trying to eliminate drug dealers for ages to zero success. The same will be the case with gun dealers. As long as there is a demand, when one supplier goes down, another will fill his place.

Immie

Actually that's somewhat true. The problem is it will become so expensive to be a legal supplier the sales will cease do to high cost and business will go to the black market, where there are no controls, no background checks, no age verification...nothing.

Ain't government great?

Immanuel
11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Actually that's somewhat true. The problem is it will become so expensive to be a legal supplier the sales will cease do to high cost and business will go to the black market, where there are no controls, no background checks, no age verification...nothing.

Ain't government great?

For the record, I have not been defending Obama's plan.

The first three of which I am opposed to and the fourth of which is sort of funny looking at childproof medicine bottles that only kids can figure out how to open.

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
For the record, I have not been defending Obama's plan.

I know.