PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein seeks to penalize inauguration scalpers

stephanie
11-11-2008, 11:58 AM
By Jordy Yager
Posted: 11/10/08 05:19 PM [ET]
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) is drafting legislation that would make it illegal to sell tickets to President-elect Barack Obama’s inauguration ceremony.

Tickets for the event are free and will be distributed through the offices of lawmakers, who will then provide them to constituents who request them. The tickets won’t be given out until days before the ceremony, but they are already being advertised on websites like eBay and Craigslist for as much as $40,000.

The legislation would charge those caught selling the tickets with a misdemeanor and a “very hefty penalty.”

“I have...asked my Judiciary committee staff to prepare legislation to make it a crime to scalp inaugural tickets," said Feinstein. "This inauguration will be the major civic event of our time, and these tickets are supposed to be free for the people. Nobody should have to pay for their tickets”

read the rest..
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/feinstein-seeks-to-penalize-inauguration-ticket-scalpers-2008-11-10.html

11-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh come on people! Why not just outlaw capitalism? We know thats what you want to do. What the hell is wrong with someone scalping Inauguration tickets?

These people h ave way too much power and time on their hands.

manu1959
11-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh come on people! Why not just outlaw capitalism? We know thats what you want to do. What the hell is wrong with someone scalping Inauguration tickets?

These people h ave way too much power and time on their hands.

they don't want non "party" members there....

stephanie
11-11-2008, 01:09 PM
they want to keep the thugs out from seeing the thug in chief...:coffee:

Yurt
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
i am continually amazed at the messiah like devotion surrounding obama. sure the press helps out the god-like image, but i honestly don't see it. what is all the hysteria about?

retiredman
11-11-2008, 01:28 PM
ticket scalping is illegal in many parts of our country.

stephanie
11-11-2008, 01:31 PM
they can't control who is going to be attending with scalpers,they don't want any low life's getting in..they have an image to uphold..

the Messiah is LOVE..

MtnBiker
11-11-2008, 01:37 PM
The attendees could be required to do community service, after all there were people in Denver required to do community service.

manu1959
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
The attendees could be required to do community service, after all there were people in Denver required to do community service.

if you want free health care....if you want to go to college....if you want a tax cut.....

join the party and provide community service