PDA

View Full Version : Tampa cemetery wants vet's flags removed

gabosaurus
11-11-2008, 12:04 PM
If the DP vets need a project for today, try this total travesty:
A cemetery in the Tampa area wants the families of deceased veterans to limit the number of flags and other memorials placed on their grave sites. They say it "unnecessarily clutters up the grounds."
Even a commie liberal like myself believes that veterans should be honored for their service to this country. This is beyond disgraceful.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/10/decorations-veterans-gravesite-spark-controversy/

Noir
11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree with the idea of being able to honour vets ofcourse, however, the story in question relates to a family who placed 20 flags on a grave amist other items. Which seems a bit ott no?

This topic has implyed that this cematery wants to ban all vet flags, which seems not to be the case, the real story is simply that a family is being asked to reduce the amoount of items on the grave.

Trigg
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I agree with the idea of being able to honour vets ofcourse, however, the story in question relates to a family who placed 20 flags on a grave amist other items. Which seems a bit ott no?

This topic has implyed that this cematery wants to ban all vet flags, which seems not to be the case, the real story is simply that a family is being asked to reduce the amoount of items on the grave.

THis is a fairly recent loss for the family. The cemetary should back off and leave the family alone.

gabosaurus
11-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Perhaps I think differently that other people. I don't consider the American flag to be a "decoration." It is a symbol of patriotism. It is a symbol of service to your country.
Large bunches of flowers, pictures and signs are "decorations." A large group of flags is not.

LiberalNation
11-12-2008, 01:55 PM
cluttering up a cemetary grounds just gets your stuff thrown away or run over by the lawn mowers. They could have not said anything.