PDA

View Full Version : CA Supreme court to rule on Prop 8

11-11-2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/capitolandcalifornia/story/1387052.html

Looks like they are going to hear it quickly. Who knows what that means. I am just sick and tired of these judges ignoring the direct will of the people.

However, the people may respond if they do overturn Prop 8.

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/afb/archives/029060.html

LiberalNation
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
People ought not to be getting their panties in a bunch atleast until they make an actual rulling. It may go your way, who knows.

hjmick
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I do not see anything that tells me they won't overturn the results of the vote.

11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
People ought not to be getting their panties in a bunch atleast until they make an actual rulling. It may go your way, who knows.

Yeah why should people be annoyed at the fact that they are seriously considering overturning a constitutional amendment voted on directly by the people of the State. Why the heck should we care about democracy.

LiberalNation
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
They have the legal right to review it if the opposing party files suit against the way it was done. Checks and balances. I personally would like to see their justification if they over-turn it because it doesn't seem very clear to me.

Little-Acorn
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
From the SacBee article:

"They say only the Legislature can place a measure before voters that radically revises the California Constitution."

Huh???

Has there never been a Calif ballot proposition that modified the state Constitution?

I'd be willing to bet there has been, though no, I don't know a specific number or issue.

Or, is the issue that there's a difference depending on whether the ballot prop modifies the state const radically or not? If so, who's supposed to decide whether the proposition is radical enough to require the legislature to step in?

These sick liberals will stop at nothing to obstruct and subvert the will of the people.

crin63
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I can help the court with its ruling.

Its the will of the people so its good to go.

Immanuel
11-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I can help the court with its ruling.

Its the will of the people so its good to go.

And I can tell you how the court will reply.

We ARE the people and the people say what we want them to say.

Immie