PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Thank Nearly Everyone Here

red states rule
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
As most of you know, I have been off the board for awhile, and I have got many PM's from folks asking how I am

After a long talk with a close friend, it dawned on me what a wonderful group of people (for the most part) the members are here at DP

I have been in severe pain for many months, and so far the doctors can't determine why. I have had CAT scans, X rays, blood work, and have been of multiple meds. My energy level is low, and I am getting fustrated over the constant pain

Then I posted here yesterday and got the PM's from people I have never met asking how I was doing. It made me realize how lucky I am to be in the thoughts of so many. So if the worst case happens, I want to take the time to thank all of you

It is amazing how one life touches the lives of so many other people. How the actions of one person has a ripple effect. The PM's cheered me up, and let me know I am not alone in my battle

99% of the folks here have offered me their support and prayers (everyone except for our resident preacher and handful of others) and it does mean alot to me. To often we do not express our true feelings to the people in our lives, and I do not want to make that mistake

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. I will be seeing the Doctor in about 10 days, and if nothing is determined I will get another opinion on Dec 9th

Abbey Marie
11-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Most people on here are really nice, regardless of politics. Ignore the few bad apples. You know you are always in my prayers, Red. The doctors WILL find the reason, and it will be relatively easy to fix.

5stringJeff
11-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Glad to see you around again RSR.

red states rule
11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Glad to see you around again RSR.

I am here for now Jeff, and having fun. Which is what it is all about

red states rule
11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Most people on here are really nice, regardless of politics. Ignore the few bad apples. You know you are always in my prayers, Red. The doctors WILL find the reason, and it will be relatively easy to fix.

You are a sweetheart as always Abbey

Kathianne
11-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Abbey and I, we keep saying the same. We want the one who says they wish him well, in a less than actual way to stop responding to RSR. From what I can tell it's only one and that negative energy we do not need. In reality, meaning 'real life' he needs no fakes. MFM, you are a fake of the nth degree. Even you should know better than to pretend to pray/wish well someone you've wished harm upon.

I pray for you, RSR morning and evening, along with quite a few others. Joan, you're always included.

Some that I pray for shouldn't be listed, though not for 'bad' reasons, simply don't need all of us knowing about them. Please if you are inclined, add them to the 'others' batch. ;) God knows who they are.

RSR, YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER! Got to find the right docs at the right place.

red states rule
11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
You and I Abbey, we keep saying the same. I want the one who says they wish than well to stop responding to RSR. From what I can tell it's only one and that negative energy we do not need.

I pray for you, RSR morning and evening, along with quite a few others. Joan, you're always included.

Some that I pray for shouldn't be listed, though not for 'bad' reasons, simply don't need all of us knowing about them. Please if you are inclined, add them to the 'others' batch. ;) God knows who they are.

RSR, YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER! Got to find the right docs at the right place.

Thanks Kat -as always you are a class act

hjmick
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Keep up the good fight, Red, I'm pulling for you.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

red states rule
11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Keep up the good fight, Red, I'm pulling for you.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Thank you hjmick. I will give it all I got. I have so many fine folks like you pulling for me, and I will not disappoint you. I promise

crin63
11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Keep us posted as things progress please so we know how you are doing. If new meds work or not and those kind of things. I think we really want to know. Its not just idle chat.

I'm praying for you as well.

red states rule
11-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Keep us posted as things progress please so we know how you are doing. If new meds work or not and those kind of things. I think we really want to know. Its not just idle chat.

I'm praying for you as well.

I will. As I said crin, I do not take the support I am getting for granted. I will keep everyone updated, no matter what the results are. Things happen for a reason, and I will deal with it the best way I can

Thank you for your prayers

Kathianne
11-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Thank you hjmick. I will give it all I got. I have so many fine folks like you pulling for me, and I will not disappoint you. I promise

You know it! I know it! Now kick those MD's butts! ;)

Immanuel
11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey, I didn't pm ya this time, but the moment I saw you posting I said hello and I was glad to see you. Hope you didn't take my lack of pm'ing ya this time as a "I don't care".

You are in my thoughts and prayers, RSR, and I had been thinking about you when I realized you had been gone for almost a week. I figured the election had just worn ya out.

Stay strong and above all keep the faith, my friend.

Immie

red states rule
11-12-2008, 09:17 PM
You know it! I know it! Now kick those MD's butts! ;)

I will. My patience is running very thin right now

red states rule
11-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey, I didn't pm ya this time, but the moment I saw you posting I said hello and I was glad to see you. Hope you didn't take my lack of pm'ing ya this time as a "I don't care".

You are in my thoughts and prayers, RSR, and I had been thinking about you when I realized you had been gone for almost a week. I figured the election had just worn ya out.

Stay strong and above all keep the faith, my friend.

Immie

Of course not Immie. I have never thought anything but postive things about you

I will hang in there. The last thing I nwant is to have a bunch of DP members giving me a severe attitude adjustment

Immanuel
11-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Of course not Immie. I have never thought anything but postive things about you

I will hang in there. The last thing I nwant is to have a bunch of DP members giving me a severe attitude adjustment

A severe attitude adjustment... hmm... depends on who it is and what kind of procedures she uses. /blush

Immie

red states rule
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
A severe attitude adjustment... hmm... depends on who it is and what kind of procedures she uses. /blush

Immie

May be fun, as well as a learning experience :lol:

retiredman
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
stay alive, RSR...this site would not be anywhere near as maddening without YOU, big guy ;)

Mr. P
11-13-2008, 12:23 AM
We got yer back, RSR! Focus your energies on the future. My best as always. :salute:

-Cp
11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
As most of you know, I have been off the board for awhile, and I have got many PM's from folks asking how I am

After a long talk with a close friend, it dawned on me what a wonderful group of people (for the most part) the members are here at DP

I have been in severe pain for many months, and so far the doctors can't determine why. I have had CAT scans, X rays, blood work, and have been of multiple meds. My energy level is low, and I am getting fustrated over the constant pain

Then I posted here yesterday and got the PM's from people I have never met asking how I was doing. It made me realize how lucky I am to be in the thoughts of so many. So if the worst case happens, I want to take the time to thank all of you

It is amazing how one life touches the lives of so many other people. How the actions of one person has a ripple effect. The PM's cheered me up, and let me know I am not alone in my battle

99% of the folks here have offered me their support and prayers (everyone except for our resident preacher and handful of others) and it does mean alot to me. To often we do not express our true feelings to the people in our lives, and I do not want to make that mistake

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. I will be seeing the Doctor in about 10 days, and if nothing is determined I will get another opinion on Dec 9th

I had no idea man - I sure hope ya pull thru okay!

Fyi.. a gal we knew a few years ago had a similar situation - in chronic pain, low energy etc... same thing, x-rays, cat scans etc..

turned out to be lyme disease.. if you haven't asked about that (or they haven't tested for it) - I'd highly suggest it.. :)

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:46 AM
stay alive, RSR...this site would not be anywhere near as maddening without YOU, big guy ;)

Why thank you Virgil. In the same spirit let me say this. Based on your picture, you need to lose alot of weight (you have more chins then a Chinese phonebook, and you are not allowed on elevators due to the weight limit) and based on the issues you have with your ticker - you need to lose the weight

I am willing to help you in the gym, help you push yourself, encourage you to do that extra mile on the treadmill, and give to dietary tips

If anything would happen to you Virgil, I am sure many would agree, the board would not be the same without you

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:47 AM
I had no idea man - I sure hope ya pull thru okay!

Fyi.. a gal we knew a few years ago had a similar situation - in chronic pain, low energy etc... same thing, x-rays, cat scans etc..

turned out to be lyme disease.. if you haven't asked about that (or they haven't tested for it) - I'd highly suggest it.. :)

Thanks for the tip. I will ask my doctor about it

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:54 AM
We got yer back, RSR! Focus your energies on the future. My best as always. :salute:

Thank you Mr P. As always, your kind words is greatly appreciated

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 08:04 AM

Why thank you Virgil. In the same spirit let me say this. Based on your picture, you need to lose alot of weight (you have more chins then a Chinese phonebook, and you are not allowed on elevators due to the weight limit) and based on the issues you have with your ticker - you need to lose the weight

I am willing to help you in the gym, help you push yourself, encourage you to do that extra mile on the treadmill, and give to dietary tips

If anything would happen to you Virgil, I am sure many would agree, the board would not be the same without you

{fake tears in the eyes}

Can ya feel the love between these two or what?

I'll bet when you two finally meet it will be a lot of fun. I just would not want to be standing in the middle for the first twenty minutes or so. :poke:

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:07 AM
{fake tears in the eyes}

Can ya feel the love between these two or what?

I'll bet when you two finally meet it will be a lot of fun. I just would not want to be standing in the middle for the first twenty minutes or so. :poke:

Immie

As I said Immie, my offer to Virgil is in the same sprit as his get well wishes to me

Also, I can give Virg the name of a great contractor. He does good work at a fair price. I understand Virgil has to replace his bathtub since his current one has stretch marks

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 08:12 AM
As I said Immie, my offer to Virgil is in the same sprit as his get well wishes to me

Also, I can give Virg the name of a great contractor. He does good work at a fair price. I understand Virgil has to replace his bathtub since his current one has stretch marks

Be the first to let it go friend.

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Be the first to let it go friend.

Immie

Highly unlikely my friend. my ability to pluck his nerves is one of the things that keeps me fighting the cancer

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Highly unlikely my friend. my ability to pluck his nerves is one of the things that keeps me fighting the cancer

Don't you think it might "pluck his nerves" even more if you were actually nice? :lol: Ever hear that old philosophy about how to piss off your enemy the most... be nice.

Give it a try. You might enjoy it. :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Don't you think it might "pluck his nerves" even more if you were actually nice? :lol: Ever hear that old philosophy about how to piss off your enemy the most... be nice.

Give it a try. You might enjoy it. :laugh2:

Immie

Hardly Immie. When it coms to Virgil, I want to live for one reason. Pure spite

I am being nice. I am offering my help to him to drop the weight so he no longer has to go to truck weight stations to get weighed

Yurt
11-13-2008, 08:33 AM

yes it was

come on immie, you have to admit, same spirit

"maddening"

ah, let's not derail a good thread

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:39 AM
yes it was

"maddening"

OK Yurt - no more fat jokes. I will keep the thread on track

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 08:40 AM
yes it was

"maddening"

I thought we were still on topic?

Also, I didn't say that it was not in the same spirit. I've tried this with MFM and I will try again... with much the same result I must add. Now, where is that smilie that its banging his head against that wall?

Immie

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Hardly Immie. When it coms to Virgil, I want to live for one reason. Pure spite

gosh...in that case, maybe I should stay away from here for a while. I actually think spite really is bad for you, RSR... you need to forgive.

Matthew 18:23-35

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:44 AM
gosh...in that case, maybe I should stay away from here for a while. I actually think spite really is bad for you, RSR... you need to forgive.

Matthew 18:23-35

Oh Virgil, please do not make promises you have no intention of keeping. It is amazming how nearly everyone hear has been kind and considerate towards me - except the person who masquerades as a minister

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Oh Virgil, please do not make promises you have no intention of keeping. It is amazming how nearly everyone hear has been kind and considerate towards me - except the person who masquerades as a minister

check out that passage from Matthew... it might help.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:50 AM
check out that passage from Matthew... it might help.

Check out the exit door from the outside. That would really help all of us here Virgil

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Check out the exit door from the outside. That would really help all of us here Virgil

and I thought you said that I was what was keeping you alive.

make up your mind!:lol:

Yurt
11-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I thought we were still on topic?

Also, I didn't say that it was not in the same spirit. I've tried this with MFM and I will try again... with much the same result I must add. Now, where is that smilie that its banging his head against that wall?

Immie

sorry, thought you did.

carry on

:popcorn:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:20 AM
and I thought you said that I was what was keeping you alive.

make up your mind!:lol:

Virgil, the one good thing about you logging onto the board is, it feels so good when you log off

Hull
11-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Virgil, the one good thing about you logging onto the board is, it feels so good when you log off

So you're fighting cancer and mfm is a walking heart attack. Sounds like you both ought to seek out less stressful situations.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
So you're fighting cancer and mfm is a walking heart attack. Sounds like you both ought to seek out less stressful situations.

My stress level is fine Hull. Thanks for your concern

I find it hard to believe the preacher man has heart issues - I thought you had to have one before you had problems with it. If he spent more time walking and working out he would ease the stress on his heart and lower his food bill

namvet
11-13-2008, 10:03 AM

you know how i feel pal................

red states rule
11-13-2008, 10:04 AM
you know how i feel pal................

Oh I do my friend. You have sent me so many PM's asking me how I am doing I have lost count

I call you my friend and I hope one day to be able to meet you, shake your hand, and buy you a fine dinner

Hull
11-13-2008, 10:09 AM
My stress level is fine Hull. Thanks for your concern

I find it hard to believe the preacher man has heart issues - I thought you had to have one before you had problems with it. If he spent more time walking and working out he would ease the stress on his heart and lower his food bill

Actually this probably is good for you. Something to keep your mind busy instead of worrying. But if mfm is obese, and he admittedly gets upset because of things said here, maybe it's not such a good idea for him.

namvet
11-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh I do my friend. You have sent me so many PM's asking me how I am doing I have lost count

I call you my friend and I hope one day to be able to meet you, shake your hand, and buy you a fine dinner

and a few toasts to life bro :beer:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 10:20 AM
and a few toasts to life bro :beer:

While I never touch alcohol - I will drink a few Pepsi's to that

retiredman
11-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Actually this probably is good for you. Something to keep your mind busy instead of worrying. But if mfm is obese, and he admittedly gets upset because of things said here, maybe it's not such a good idea for him.

I am hardly obese, hull. I weigh only 20 lbs more than I did when the avatar picture was taken 26 years ago.

And I used to get really upset at RSR...but now, I don't. I used to get upset at stephanie, but now, I just return her insults with insults... it's kind of a game. I used to get upset with yurt, but now I just laugh at him. I really am pretty mellow, all things considered!

red states rule
11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I am hardly obese, hull. I weigh only 20 lbs more than I did when the avatar picture was taken 26 years ago.

And I used to get really upset at RSR...but now, I don't. I used to get upset at stephanie, but now, I just return her insults with insults... it's kind of a game. I used to get upset with yurt, but now I just laugh at him. I really am pretty mellow, all things considered!

Based on the recent picture I have of you it is a good thing you are no longer in the Navy

You would be mistaken for a barrage ballon

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Based on the recent picture I have of you it is a good thing you are no longer in the Navy

You would be mistaken for a barrage ballon

I had to look up barrage ballo[o]n.

I had no idea what those were.

Thanks, we learn something new ever day.

Immie

Abbey Marie
11-13-2008, 01:32 PM

Immie

Me too. They appear to be defunct.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 01:32 PM

Immie

Just look at Virgil's picture and you will have a very accurate picture

I sometimes pity him. he has tried to lose weight by jogging, but he was fined for leaving pot holes behind him

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Just look at Virgil's picture and you will have a very accurate picture

I sometimes pity him. he has tried to lose weight by jogging, but he was fined for leaving pot holes behind him

Um, I think you have him and I confused.

Immie

Abbey Marie
11-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Um, I think you have him and I confused.

Immie

Skinny guys are unattractive, imo. :salute:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Then Virgil must be hunk to you :lol:

Mr. P
11-13-2008, 02:03 PM

But I have a wonderful personality. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM

:laugh2: Don't we all!

red states rule
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM

I will second that Mr P

11-13-2008, 02:34 PM

No problem. cause trust me. I know how you feel.

Yurt
11-13-2008, 03:01 PM

thanks for the insult asswipe, in a thread i never even talked to you, you just had to bring ol' yurt into the conversation :poke:

you're obsession needs serious help

retiredman
11-13-2008, 03:07 PM
thanks for the insult asswipe, in a thread i never even talked to you, you just had to bring ol' yurt into the conversation :poke:

you're obsession needs serious help

It wasn't meant as an insult yurt. It was a statement of how I try to deal with the people that tend to make me angry. I try to laugh at you and not take you too seriously. It works.

Yurt
11-13-2008, 03:28 PM
It wasn't meant as an insult yurt. It was a statement of how I try to deal with the people that tend to make me angry. I try to laugh at you and not take you too seriously. It works.

lets all laugh AT mfm

nice try, next

and you had no reason to even bring my name up, stop thinking about me nearly every minute of everyday and focus more on your ministries, i don't care for you and don't need you thinking of me

retiredman
11-13-2008, 03:47 PM
lets all laugh AT mfm

nice try, next

and you had no reason to even bring my name up, stop thinking about me nearly every minute of everyday and focus more on your ministries, i don't care for you and don't need you thinking of me

again...it is a way of defusing anger... I laugh at you. You make me laugh when I read your posts. :laugh2:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:35 PM
again...it is a way of defusing anger... I laugh at you. You make me laugh when I read your posts. :laugh2:

Please work out more and spend less time on the internet - your ticker is not in the best of shape. The excess weight you are carrying is not healthy

Do you need some help with that Virgil?

retiredman
11-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Please work out more and spend less time on the internet - your ticker is not in the best of shape. The excess weight you are carrying is not healthy

Do you need some help with that Virgil?

no. do you need any help with your condition?

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:39 PM
no. do you need any help with your condition?

I am doing fine

You on the other hand need help. If the Dr dianogsed you with a flesh eating disease you would have only about 20 years to live :lol:

retiredman
11-13-2008, 04:44 PM
I am doing fine

You on the other hand need help. If the Dr dianogsed you with a flesh eating disease you would have only about 20 years to live :lol:

I guess "fine" is a relative term.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I guess "fine" is a relative term.

I am doing fine Virgil

It is close to dinner time - time for you to make your way to your trough isn't it?

retiredman
11-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I am doing fine Virgil

It is close to dinner time - time for you to make your way to your trough isn't it?

have you tried peach pit therapy? It is big in Mexico, I hear.

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 06:38 PM
have you tried peach pit therapy? It is big in Mexico, I hear.

Done with this. You are banned from this thread. Anyone picking up after this, will be likewise.

manu1959
11-13-2008, 07:49 PM
red.....you have earned every kind wish and though sent your way.....

keep fighting the good fight......

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:51 PM
red.....you have earned every kind wish and though sent your way.....

keep fighting the good fight......

Thank you Manu. As I said, nearly all the folks here are good kind folks - and I am proud to be part of this community

No1tovote4
11-13-2008, 10:47 PM

Well, rsr, I can only hope they figure out the mystery. Where is Dr. House when you need him?

We'll keep you in our thoughts here. Hope you get better soon.

11-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, rsr, I can only hope they figure out the mystery. Where is Dr. House when you need him?

No idea where House is, but it probably involves online pornography.

No1tovote4
11-13-2008, 10:51 PM
No idea where House is, but it probably involves online pornography.
And a piano, don't forget the piano.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 07:26 AM

I see the Dr next Friday, and the new meds pack a punch. While the pain is not decreasing they do give me a buzz

Again, thanks to everyone (with one exception) for the kind words and concern

All of you (with one exception) are a class act

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
I see the Dr next Friday, and the new meds pack a punch. While the pain is not decreasing they do give me a buzz

Again, thanks to everyone (with one exception) for the kind words and concern

All of you (with one exception) are a class act

Sounds like the Demerol I was giving while in labor. No pain relief from it for me, but it made me feel fuzzy, and less likely to freak out.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Sounds like the Demerol I was giving while in labor. No pain relief from it for me, but it made me feel fuzzy, and less likely to freak out.

Unless Virgil horns in and tries to derail the thread :laugh2:

The pain is not getting better, but I do have a buzz this morning