PDA

View Full Version : Market Has No Confidence In Obama

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Since Obama was elected, the Dow has gone down about 15 percent.

People do not seem to have alot of faith in the messiah given how he wnats to tax the hell of people of companies

Stocks are CHEAP - yet nobody seems to be buying them.

Hopefully things will turn around but this might be a long four years

As I said for months, we are going to get Peanut Carter's second term - except it will be much worse

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Look at the market trend since the Democrats got control of Congress. A slight upturn after the election, then steadily downhill from there, and began to tank with Fannie & Freddie, Obamas lead in the polls and winning the election.

I'm just thankful I am no where near retirement where I can recoup my loses

Unless Dems go through with their plans to take all 401K's and have the government manage them

Hull
11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Look at the market trend since the Democrats got control of Congress. A slight upturn after the election, then steadily downhill from there, and began to tank with Fannie & Freddie, Obamas lead in the polls and winning the election.

I'm just thankful I am no where near retirement where I can recoup my loses

Unless Dems go through with their plans to take all 401K's and have the government manage them

Isn't it amazing how willingly people have cut their own throat. Obama was like the Pied Piper leading rats to their death with his Piccolo.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Isn't it amazing how willingly people have cut their own throat. Obama was like the Pied Piper leading rats to their death with his Piccolo.

As I told my liberal friends and they argued with me - get ready for Jimmy Carter's second term except it will be much worse

People do not willingly pay higher taxes, and they will do their best top avoid it. Libs calls that Unamerican and being meanspirited

Hull
11-13-2008, 10:40 AM
As I told my liberal friends and they argued with me - get ready for Jimmy Carter's second term except it will be much worse

People do not willingly pay higher taxes, and they will do their best top avoid it. Libs calls that Unamerican and being meanspirited

Liberals are going to get exactly what they asked for. Problem is so are the rest of us, because of their stupidity.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Liberals are going to get exactly what they asked for. Problem is so are the rest of us, because of their stupidity.

Then we have to what we did in 1980. Find REAGAN CONSERVATIVE who offers logical solutions to the problems

He/she will have to expalin what government programs did to be done away with, why lower taxes is a good thing, why strong military is needed, and why liberalism never works

April15
11-13-2008, 06:11 PM
It is Ragun Trickle down that causes big economic problems. Bush followed the Friedman book page by page. Business can not be trusted to be ethical on their own.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 06:14 PM
It is Ragun Trickle down that causes big economic problems. Bush followed the Friedman book page by page. Business can not be trusted to be ethical on their own.

back to Reagan again eh?

You seem to ignore the fact Pres Reagan was reelected with 49 states, and saved the nation from another liberal fai;ure known as Carter

To libs like you companies are not in business to make a profit - only to pay the hightest tax possible

April15
11-13-2008, 07:03 PM
back to Reagan again eh?

You seem to ignore the fact Pres Reagan was reelected with 49 states, and saved the nation from another liberal fai;ure known as Carter

To libs like you companies are not in business to make a profit - only to pay the hightest tax possibleTo you Carter was a failure but in truth he had more balls than any republican. Carter had ethics that prohibited him from supporting the Shah of Iran. The Hostages were held for what WE were told was ransom but in fact was payment for all the profit from the crude oil WE pumped out during the Shahs reign.
Maybe you didn't know that but don't feel bad as most intelligent people don't. What ronnie did was to circumvent the Constitution and make a pact with Iran prior to his election, which is a treasonous act, and hence when elected the Iranians cut the hostages loose, for money. Sounds like a payoff to me!
In short Raygun had no ethics other than money.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:10 PM
To you Carter was a failure but in truth he had more balls than any republican. Carter had ethics that prohibited him from supporting the Shah of Iran. The Hostages were held for what WE were told was ransom but in fact was payment for all the profit from the crude oil WE pumped out during the Shahs reign.
Maybe you didn't know that but don't feel bad as most intelligent people don't. What ronnie did was to circumvent the Constitution and make a pact with Iran prior to his election, which is a treasonous act, and hence when elected the Iranians cut the hostages loose, for money. Sounds like a payoff to me!

The Carter legacy is the misery index

A perfect example of what liberalsim can accomplish

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 07:10 PM
To you Carter was a failure but in truth he had more balls than any republican. Carter had ethics that prohibited him from supporting the Shah of Iran. The Hostages were held for what WE were told was ransom but in fact was payment for all the profit from the crude oil WE pumped out during the Shahs reign.

Link for bolded, asap! :link::link::link::link:

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 07:12 PM

Tell me you are not claiming politicians can be.

Obama's "Flooding the Basement" economics won't help either especially because the flood waters won't get passed the bureaucratic filters.

Immie

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Since Obama was elected, the Dow has gone down about 15 percent.

People do not seem to have alot of faith in the messiah given how he wnats to tax the hell of people of companies

Stocks are CHEAP - yet nobody seems to be buying them.

Hopefully things will turn around but this might be a long four years

As I said for months, we are going to get Peanut Carter's second term - except it will be much worse

My best guess is by 2012, the economy will be at the very least on the rebound. It's not an individual that causes the markets to go up or down, not Obama, not Bush.

Now this bailout? That is a problem. Imagine if the government had the FBI investigate and justice prosecute the AIG's, Fannie/Freddie? The market confidence would have soared.

Let GM/Ford/Chrysler go to Chap. 11. They can re-negotiate their debt, same with their union contracts. Maybe then they can turn out some cars we want, at prices that are competitive.

namvet
11-13-2008, 07:18 PM

this the same Shah the farmer let into this country that touched off the hostage ordeal ???? if he had more balls then why only 1 term and out to you know who??? castrated is a better term. and why did he let the Shah in????
where did you get this??? the terrorists times????

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
My best guess is by 2012, the economy will be at the very least on the rebound. It's not an individual that causes the markets to go up or down, not Obama, not Bush.

Now this bailout? That is a problem. Imagine if the government had the FBI investigate and justice prosecute the AIG's, Fannie/Freddie? The market confidence would have soared.

Let GM/Ford/Chrysler go to Chap. 11. They can re-negotiate their debt, same with their union contracts. Maybe then they can turn out some cars we want, at prices that are competitive.

It is Obama that is part of the problem. he has promised massive tax increases, and huge amounts of government spending. He has promised government run healthcare, and Dems talk about taking over 401K's

Not exactly great ways to grow the economy

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 07:20 PM

They will play hell getting me into anything that even vaguely looks like this:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8080/presidents09ur4.jpg

All honors go to Namvet for finding that picture.

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Is this one better?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_18XkaPdQZu4/SILpLWvzuqI/AAAAAAAAJgo/9tz7B19mtoo/s320/%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%60%6 0ObamaMObile.gif

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
They will play hell getting me into anything that even vaguely looks like this:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8080/presidents09ur4.jpg

All honors go to Namvet for finding that picture.

Immie

A pimp president mobile? That was a way earlier administration. ;)

namvet
11-13-2008, 07:29 PM
It is Obama that is part of the problem. he has promised massive tax increases, and huge amounts of government spending. He has promised government run healthcare, and Dems talk about taking over 401K's

Not exactly great ways to grow the economy

and Dems talk about taking over 401K's

not mine baby. their long gone...............:coffee:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
For those who say it's not fair at this point to say Obama is a complete disaster; they are correct

We have to give him time.

And I know he can do it.

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
not mine baby. their long gone...............:coffee:

Mine will be. If they honestly start talking about this, I will take my savings off shore. I will not allow the government to do to my savings what they did to Social Security.

Immie

namvet
11-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Mine will be. If they honestly start talking about this, I will take my savings off shore. I will not allow the government to do to my savings what they did to Social Security.

Immie

I signed the papers for this and and all investments on Nov 5.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:36 PM

Immie

They are talking about it.

Several Dem leaders are whining about the money the government "loses" because of the tax breaks people get by contributing to their 401K's

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
They are talking about it.

Several Dem leaders are whining about the money the government "loses" because of the tax breaks people get by contributing to their 401K's

Yes, I know, but so far it is only a few idiots. If this gets momentum, I'll take my savings off shore.

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Yes, I know, but so far it is only a few idiots. If this gets momentum, I'll take my savings off shore.

Immie

Who will stop the libs Immie? They will have total control, and can do whatever they damn well please

Obama and the Dems need money to fund all their prmised handouts - so they need to raise taxes, and take away as many tax breaks as possible

Even though the end result will be less tax revenue due to decreased economic activity

namvet
11-13-2008, 07:44 PM

Immie

there's an old saying Immie - use it or lose it.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Yep, Obama hires on Michigan's governchick Grandhole and she will help do to the nation what she has already done to the state of MI

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Who will stop the libs Immie? They will have total control, and can do whatever they damn well please

Obama and the Dems need money to fund all their prmised handouts - so they need to raise taxes, and take away as many tax breaks as possible

Even though the end result will be less tax revenue due to decreased economic activity

They were campaign promises remember. They were made to be broken.

Hopefully, they know what America is all about and they are not so foolish as to bite the hands that feed them. Only time will tell.

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:29 PM
They were campaign promises remember. They were made to be broken.

Hopefully, they know what America is all about and they are not so foolish as to bite the hands that feed them. Only time will tell.

Immie

Obama needs to come thur - as does Reid and Pelosi. While they voters may be dumb they are not stupid. they know Dems have the entire ball of wax and they have no excuses

Like in the 70's and the first 2 years of Bill Clinton - they will overplay their hand and show how far left they really are

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Obama needs to come thur - as does Reid and Pelosi. While they voters may be dumb they are not stupid. they know Dems have the entire ball of wax and they have no excuses

Like in the 70's and the first 2 years of Bill Clinton - they will overplay their hand and show how far left they really are

that's your "prediction", RSR...but the board should remember...you were the one who predicted that Rudy Guliani would win the republican nomination...

and you were the guy who PROMISED that he would not vote for John McCain...and then did.:lol:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:36 PM
that's your "prediction", RSR...but the board should remember...you were the one who predicted that Rudy Guliani would win the republican nomination...

and you were the guy who PROMISED that he would not vote for John McCain...and then did.:lol:

So Virgil, Dems did not overplay their hand when they had total control?

I can see where you would deny those facts - it has become a habit with you

retiredman
11-13-2008, 09:22 PM
So Virgil, Dems did not overplay their hand when they had total control?

I can see where you would deny those facts - it has become a habit with you

they did...so did republicans...it happens from time to time. you think it will happen again....I say that is only a prediction...and I point out that your predictions are about as accurate as your promises.

liar

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:29 PM
they did...so did republicans...it happens from time to time. you think it will happen again....I say that is only a prediction...and I point out that your predictions are about as accurate as your promises.

liar

Based on what Obama has promised, and Dems have said they want to do - they will show their true colors by getting drunk with power

Libs always do it - just like you would

Yurt
11-13-2008, 09:53 PM

liar

you are one to talk about promises

red states rule
11-13-2008, 10:03 PM

It is like Hillary talking about sniper fire :laugh2:

5stringJeff
11-13-2008, 10:32 PM
With stocks, you automatically have to factor in the increase in capital gains tax to all your investments. If you've had gains in the past (that haven't already been wiped out), you need to realize those gains this year in order to be taxed at the lower, current rates. Thus, people will sell off stocks for the rest of 2008.

You also have to factor in any corporate tax rate hikes, payroll tax hikes, etc., to figure out the effect on business' bottom line. All businesses will be less profitable after paying higher taxes; some will be pushed from profits to losses, adn some will go out of business, all due to higher taxes. This also causes stocks to fall.

retiredman
11-13-2008, 10:52 PM

RSR promised not to vote for McCain and he did.

you promised not to take steps to harm me and you did.

I wouldn't piss on either one of you if you were on fire.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 07:24 AM
RSR promised not to vote for McCain and he did.

you promised not to take steps to harm me and you did.

I wouldn't piss on either one of you if you were on fire.

Virgil, I doubt if anyone here cares what you think anymore. You are a joke that long ago ceased to be funny. As Immie pointed out, even your fellow libs do not try to defend you any longer

You are upset that your cover has been blown, and people know for a fact what a liar and fraud you really are

red states rule
11-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Back to the topic

Look who will be making economic policies starting in Jan

Chris Dodd, BarneyFrank, Chuckie Schumer, Maxine Waters, etc. played major roles in the current economic crisis. There were other factors, but Fannie and Freddie sure contributed more than a fair share.

These idiots said for years there was no problem

Now they will make policy for the nation? No wonder people are worried, and selling

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:24 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/144912.jpg

Hull
11-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Back to the topic

Look who will be making economic policies starting in Jan

Chris Dodd, BarneyFrank, Chuckie Schumer, Maxine Waters, etc. played major roles in the current economic crisis. There were other factors, but Fannie and Freddie sure contributed more than a fair share.

These idiots said for years there was no problem

Now they will make policy for the nation? No wonder people are worried, and selling

Darn right. The change is going to be business as usual dem style. I hope that black woman that thought the messiah was going to change things so that she wasn't going to have to worry about paying her mortgage or putting gas in her tank has a plan B, because Obama sure the hell isn't going to do squat for her. But just wait, Obama is just getting warmed up. Wait until he figures he can do whatever the hell he wants. Then look out. It will get worse before it gets better with this junior hitler we now have as a President elect.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Darn right. The change is going to be business as usual dem style. I hope that black woman that thought the messiah was going to change things so that she wasn't going to have to worry about paying her mortgage or putting gas in her tank has a plan B, because Obama sure the hell isn't going to do squat for her. But just wait, Obama is just getting warmed up. Wait until he figures he can do whatever the hell he wants. Then look out. It will get worse before it gets better with this junior hitler we now have as a President elect.

Looking at the Obama staff there is no change - just the same old worn out and failed liberalism

I wonder how long it will take for those who voted for Obama to figure out they have been suckered

Hull
11-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Looking at the Obama staff there is no change - just the same old worn out and failed liberalism

I wonder how long it will take for those who voted for Obama to figure out they have been suckered

Well, to make an observation, to have voted for Obama in the first place, you had to have been either stupid or dense or both, so I imagine it's going to take awhile for those stupid and dense people to realize they've made a huge mistake. Some may never realize it, or maybe they will but won't admit it. Either way hang on to your hat. We have a rough ride ahead. I just hope the country will survive. Course there's always impeachment. :salute:

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, to make an observation, to have voted for Obama in the first place, you had to have been either stupid or dense or both, so I imagine it's going to take awhile for those stupid and dense people to realize they've made a huge mistake. Some may never realize it, or maybe they will but won't admit it. Either way hang on to your hat. We have a rough ride ahead. I just hope the country will survive. Course there's always impeachment. :salute:

Most of the people who voted for Obama were voting on pure emotion. It was like they were voting on "America Idol"

Like with Carter, they will see change for the sake of change is not a good thing

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com//images/content/144634.jpg

namvet
11-14-2008, 11:26 AM

the so called staff will be Klintonites. he's gonna lean on that for change???? :laugh2:

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:32 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com//images/content/144643.jpg

Hull
11-14-2008, 02:39 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com//images/content/144634.jpg

Now that's good. Where do you find that stuff?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 02:40 PM
The same place I found this

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/144636.jpg

red states rule
11-20-2008, 03:40 PM
The Obama recession continues

Dow down about 200 points - and Obama still will not do what would stop the bleeding

All the messiah has to to do is hold a press conference and say given the current economy he will not raise income taxes, corporate income taxes, dividend taxes, or the capital gaines tax

You would see a huge recovery

April15
11-20-2008, 07:46 PM
With the entire worlds financial markets in a tizzy you think it is because of the president elect?

red states rule
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
With the entire worlds financial markets in a tizzy you think it is because of the president elect?

April, if Wall St was happy with OPbama and his proposed econimic policies - the market would be in a holding pattern.

However, they see Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are going to running things. Is it in wonder why they would be scared and selling out now?

April15
11-20-2008, 08:48 PM
April, if Wall St was happy with OPbama and his proposed econimic policies - the market would be in a holding pattern.

However, they see Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are going to running things. Is it in wonder why they would be scared and selling out now?I don't believe that the market is going down because of Obama but because of the mortgage mess, the oil futures effects on Americas money and a general uneasiness with the tensions in the world.

red states rule
11-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't believe that the market is going down because of Obama but because of the mortgage mess, the oil futures effects on Americas money and a general uneasiness with the tensions in the world.

Investors are afraid of the capital gains tax hike and a deeper recession or depression if Obama taxes the corporations, and small business

This is no theory, this is why many are pulling their money. Not all. And there are lots of other reasons. If McCain won, he said there would be much more confidence in the market because McCain said he was going lower the capital gains tax and not tax business

Much of the stock market decline is because of Obama's victory.

Again April, Obama could turn things around by holding a press conference and say he will NOT raise any tax given the current economic conditions. But since Reid and Pelosi are so determined to raise taxes, he can't do it

Des
11-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't want to point out the obvious, but Obama isn't even in office yet. And he won the election by a landslide, meaning that most of the country most likely does have faith in his ability to be President.

red states rule
11-20-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't want to point out the obvious, but Obama isn't even in office yet. And he won the election by a landslide, meaning that most of the country most likely does have faith in his ability to be President.

Obama got 52% of the vote - hardly a landslide. I am pointing out what Obama has promised, and Wall St is responding to those promises

If you hear a Cat 5 storm is heading for you - you prepare for the eventual landing iof the storm

April15
11-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Investors are afraid of the capital gains tax hike and a deeper recession or depression if Obama taxes the corporations, and small business

This is no theory, this is why many are pulling their money. Not all. And there are lots of other reasons. If McCain won, he said there would be much more confidence in the market because McCain said he was going lower the capital gains tax and not tax business

Much of the stock market decline is because of Obama's victory.

Again April, Obama could turn things around by holding a press conference and say he will NOT raise any tax given the current economic conditions. But since Reid and Pelosi are so determined to raise taxes, he can't do it

I do not believe that taxes are the reason. I certainly am not concerned if my business has to pay more taxes because like any other company it is the consumer who will pay them.

red states rule
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I do not believe that taxes are the reason. I certainly am not concerned if my business has to pay more taxes because like any other company it is the consumer who will pay them.

So a tax increase on business is a tax increase of the public

Thanks for making my point

Why should people work harder and take ricsk when they know the governemtn wil take more of the profit? Answer -they will not

retiredman
11-20-2008, 10:20 PM
The Obama recession continues

Dow down about 200 points - and Obama still will not do what would stop the bleeding

All the messiah has to to do is hold a press conference and say given the current economy he will not raise income taxes, corporate income taxes, dividend taxes, or the capital gaines tax

You would see a huge recovery

this was rush's first talking point this afternoon.

why am I not surprised?

manu1959
11-20-2008, 10:30 PM

you fail to grasp the the consumer is no longer purchasing anything.......

and if you raise prices to cover the obama tax.......it won't bring customers to you......

manu1959
11-20-2008, 10:31 PM

why am I not surprised?

how about this talking point which i just started a thread on......what is obamas financial plan and who are his leaders........

retiredman
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
how about this talking point which i just started a thread on......what is obamas financial plan and who are his leaders........

he'll announce his leadership team in time to get them confirmed in short order after his inauguration. He is under no other time constraints, regardless of your whining to the contrary.

manu1959
11-20-2008, 10:46 PM
he'll announce his leadership team in time to get them confirmed in short order after his inauguration. He is under no other time constraints, regardless of your whining to the contrary.

so the economy is not that urgent but geting all the x clintons and an ag in are......

got it......

namvet
11-20-2008, 10:52 PM
so the economy is not that urgent but geting all the x clintons and an ag in are......

got it......

just in. Hitlery to be sec of state...................

retiredman
11-20-2008, 10:54 PM

got it......

none of them will be confirmed until after the inauguration, so what is your fucking hurry?

manu1959
11-20-2008, 10:54 PM
just in. Hitlery to be sec of state...................

that was last week......

diuretic
11-21-2008, 03:32 AM
post hoc - that's all I have to write.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 08:03 AM

why am I not surprised?

So are you saying if your messiah would promise NOT to raise taxes, it would NOT have a positive effect on the market?

In your "mind" probably not. Being a loyal lib you believe it is patroric to pay as much in taxes as possible - like Biden bellowed

red states rule
11-21-2008, 08:06 AM

The people he has named are tax and spend libs - and that is not comforting the investors

Look at one of his economic advisors - Gov Granholm

Look at the great economic accomplishments she has achieved in MI - along with a Dem state government

Yep, another shining example of tax and spend liberalism

retiredman
11-21-2008, 10:09 AM
The people he has named are tax and spend libs - and that is not comforting the investors

Look at one of his economic advisors - Gov Granholm

Look at the great economic accomplishments she has achieved in MI - along with a Dem state government

Yep, another shining example of tax and spend liberalism

who all did you folks THINK he was going to appoint to his cabinet? A bunch of neocon hawks and religious righties??? Hey...YOU LOST the election, remember? America send your party packing. America said yes to the democratic party. It sucks to be you, I would imagine.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 11:56 AM

The Clinton retreads he has named shows the change slogan was just that - a slogan

red states rule
11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
who all did you folks THINK he was going to appoint to his cabinet? A bunch of neocon hawks and religious righties??? Hey...YOU LOST the election, remember? America send your party packing. America said yes to the democratic party. It sucks to be you, I would imagine.

You libs were always whining how Pres Bush was appointing "yes" men, and surrounded himslef with people that - shock - agree with him

So far, your messiah is living down to all my expectations. The economy continues to nosedive based on what they are expecting Obama, Reid, and Pelosi to do

Now even, the runt Robert Reich is saying do not expect to much from the messiah :laugh2:

retiredman
11-21-2008, 04:21 PM
You libs were always whining how Pres Bush was appointing "yes" men, and surrounded himslef with people that - shock - agree with him

So far, your messiah is living down to all my expectations. The economy continues to nosedive based on what they are expecting Obama, Reid, and Pelosi to do

Now even, the runt Robert Reich is saying do not expect to much from the messiah :laugh2:

there is a difference between appointing people of your same basic political philosophy, and appointing "yes men".

And the economy continues to nosedive based upon current economic conditions... dried up credit markets, record high unemployment, etc. We'll see what the markets do under President Obama, but the good news is that it will almost be impossible to screw up the economy any worse than his predecessor.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
there is a difference between appointing people of your same basic political philosophy, and appointing "yes men".

And the economy continues to nosedive based upon current economic conditions... dried up credit markets, record high unemployment, etc. We'll see what the markets do under President Obama, but the good news is that it will almost be impossible to screw up the economy any worse than his predecessor.

and the prospet of higehr taxes, more government spending, and more government regulation is not calming the nervious people on Wall St

Even the Obamabots are saying do not expect the Lord Obama to fix things right away. Now that the election is over, they must be returning to reality :laugh2:

retiredman
11-21-2008, 04:25 PM
and the prospet of higehr taxes, more government spending, and more government regulation is not calming the nervious people on Wall St

Even the Obamabots are saying do not expect the Lord Obama to fix things right away. Now that the election is over, they must be returning to reality :laugh2:

the FACT remains... the market is in the tank for reasons that have everything to do with the economy that George Bush has overseen and little to nothing to do with Obama.... yet.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:26 PM
the FACT remains... the market is in the tank for reasons that have everything to do with the economy that George Bush has overseen and little to nothing to do with Obama.... yet.

Since your messiah won the market is down about 18%. His economic policies are working as well as I expected

Yurt
11-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Since your messiah won the market is down about 18%. His economic policies are working as well as I expected

curious, why would the market go up simply because obama won the election and is now unemployed?

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
curious, why would the market go up simply because obama won the election and is now unemployed?

Because they know damn well with Obama, Redi, and Pelosi running things taxes will go up, deficit spending will increase, and government regulation out the ass

Those policies when the economy is slowing down will make the situation much worse

People are selling, taking their profits, and finding other ways to invest to avoid the higher taxes and punishment for success

hjmick
11-21-2008, 04:51 PM

Now wait a minute. Let's be fair. Obama is not yet the President, he has merely won the election. None of Obama's policies have been implemented. The best we could say is that the market is reacting in anticipation of Obama's anticipated policies.

The reality is, there's a lot more going on that is effecting the market than Bush's policies or Obama's possible policies.

I believe that, historically, there is usually some sort of reaction, positive or negative, in the market to the electing of a new President.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Now wait a minute. Let's be fair. Obama is not yet the President, he has merely won the election. None of Obama's policies have been implemented. The best we could say is that the market is reacting in anticipation of Obama's anticipated policies.

The reality is, there's a lot more going on that is effecting the market than Bush's policies or Obama's possible policies.

Unless he flips on his promises, his economic policies will only do more damage. That is what most on Wall St are thinking right now

On the day after his election win, the Dow suffered the biggest post election drop in history. Not a huge leap of faith on the part of Wall St

retiredman
11-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Unless he flips on his promises, his economic policies will only do more damage. That is what most on Wall St are thinking right now

On the day after his election win, the Dow suffered the biggest post election drop in history. Not a huge leap of faith on the part of Wall St

that's your opinion. I prefer to wait and see what the economy actually does after Obama has a chance to implement some of his policies.

Looking back, as I have said many times, I was 100% supportive of President Bush until he failed to prosecute the war in Afghanistan effectively and invaded Iraq instead. I would love to see that same level of support for our new president by the republicans on here ...but alas... we all know that, for them, party over country every time! :poke:

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:59 PM
that's your opinion. I prefer to wait and see what the economy actually does after Obama has a chance to implement some of his policies.

Looking back, as I have said many times, I was 100% supportive of President Bush until he failed to prosecute the war in Afghanistan effectively and invaded Iraq instead. I would love to see that same level of support for our new president by the republicans on here ...but alas... we all know that, for them, party over country every time! :poke:

Look around and you will see how well the economy wil do with higher taxes, and more deficit spending

hjmick
11-21-2008, 05:05 PM

I don't totally disagree. I am sure that some of what we are seeing is a reaction to Obama's election and anticipation of some of his proposed economic policies. I was merely taking exception to your turn of phrase concerning "his economic policies working" as well you expected.

It's nothing personal, I tried to keep people honest where Bush is concerned, criticizing him when I felt it was called for, I am going to try to do the same where Obama is concerned. Though I think it may be a tad more difficult as I anticipate more personal conflict where Obama is concerned. Bush I just gave up on, but tried to keep people honest anyway. For all the good that did. LOL

red states rule
11-21-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't totally disagree. I am sure that some of what we are seeing is a reaction to Obama's election and anticipation of some of his proposed economic policies. I was merely taking exception to your turn of phrase concerning "his economic policies working" as well you expected.

It's nothing personal, I tried to keep people honest where Bush is concerned, criticizing him when I felt it was called for, I am going to try to do the same where Obama is concerned. Though I think it may be a tad more difficult as I anticipate more personal conflict where Obama is concerned. Bush I just gave up on, but tried to keep people honest anyway. For all the good that did. LOL

No offense taken as none was intended

Perhaps I could of worded it better. It is like a Cat 5 storm heading right for you, and knowing the damage it will inflict

Yurt
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Because they know damn well with Obama, Redi, and Pelosi running things taxes will go up, deficit spending will increase, and government regulation out the ass

Those policies when the economy is slowing down will make the situation much worse

People are selling, taking their profits, and finding other ways to invest to avoid the higher taxes and punishment for success

isn't there a possibility that the market is simply correcting itself after the bubble?

I believe that, historically, there is usually some sort of reaction, positive or negative, in the market to the electing of a new President.

ok, i am not as old as you :laugh2:.... j/k. if there is such a thing as a "normal market", then i agree. in this case, this country has experienced incredible bubbles that had no relation to the reality of the value of the underlying commodity. imo, obama winning the election is not going to make a big difference, unless, and only unless, the investors have strong confidence that obama (like many had in fdr whom obama wrongly compares himself to) will turn the country <-- notice not market, around. so far, there appears to be little confidence in obama.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=Yurt;326459]isn't there a possibility that the market is simply correcting itself after the bubble? QUOTE]

I see it as fear over more tax and spend liberalism Yurt. Why would they be confident when Obama has prmised to things that will deep the slide and make things more difficult for business to grow and hire workers?

retiredman
11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=Yurt;326459]isn't there a possibility that the market is simply correcting itself after the bubble? QUOTE]

I see it as fear over more tax and spend liberalism Yurt. Why would they be confident when Obama has prmised to things that will deep the slide and make things more difficult for business to grow and hire workers?

that is your opinion. you need to quit trying to pawn it off as fact.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=red states rule;326461]

that is your opinion. you need to quit trying to pawn it off as fact.

Hey Virgil, how will higher taxes, more deficit spending, and more government regulation improve things?

hjmick
11-21-2008, 05:38 PM
isn't there a possibility that the market is simply correcting itself after the bubble?

I have felt for more than a few years now that the stock market was grossly over performing, I felt much the same way about the housing market. Both downturns were no surprise to me. I told my wife we should sell our place about 18 months ago, I told here there was a "correction" coming. We didn't, and while the place is still worth about twice what she paid for it, it's not worth what it was when I said sell.

ok, i am not as old as you :laugh2:.... j/k. if there is such a thing as a "normal market", then i agree. in this case, this country has experienced incredible bubbles that had no relation to the reality of the value of the underlying commodity. imo, obama winning the election is not going to make a big difference, unless, and only unless, the investors have strong confidence that obama (like many had in fdr whom obama wrongly compares himself to) will turn the country <-- notice not market, around. so far, there appears to be little confidence in obama.

Oh nice... Old jokes, on the day the doctor tells the Mrs she's got a little arthiritis and one week after my birthday, I get this? LOL. Great.

I agree, I don't think Obama's win has had much of an effect one way or the other. I am sure there are some who would and could argue that it is the reason it's been tanking, where others might argue it's the reason it hasn't tanked more. As I said in my earlier post, I believe the cause for what we're seeing goes beyond both Bush and Obama.

5stringJeff
11-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I have felt for more than a few years now that the stock market was grossly over performing, I felt much the same way about the housing market. Both downturns were no surprise to me. I told my wife we should sell our place about 18 months ago, I told here there was a "correction" coming. We didn't, and while the place is still worth about twice what she paid for it, it's not worth what it was when I said sell.

Oh nice... Old jokes, on the day the doctor tells the Mrs she's got a little arthiritis and one week after my birthday, I get this? LOL. Great.

I agree, I don't think Obama's win has had much of an effect one way or the other. I am sure there are some who would and could argue that it is the reason it's been tanking, where others might argue it's the reason it hasn't tanked more. As I said in my earlier post, I believe the cause for what we're seeing goes beyond both Bush and Obama.

I agree. I think it's ludicrous for Rush and Sean to label this "the Obama recession." Some investors may be responding in part to the possibility of a capital gains tax increase, and selling now. But they're more interested in responding to the actual, current market conditions, like unemployment rates, Fed interest rates, quarterly earnings, etc.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 06:08 PM
I agree. I think it's ludicrous for Rush and Sean to label this "the Obama recession." Some investors may be responding in part to the possibility of a capital gains tax increase, and selling now. But they're more interested in responding to the actual, current market conditions, like unemployment rates, Fed interest rates, quarterly earnings, etc.

The left coming econmic polices are taking their toll on the market. If you worked on Wall St Jeff, I doubt if you woudl be looking forward to what the Dms said they are going to do

If your goal was to make money

5stringJeff
11-21-2008, 06:14 PM
The left coming econmic polices are taking their toll on the market. If you worked on Wall St Jeff, I doubt if you woudl be looking forward to what the Dms said they are going to do

If your goal was to make money

I'm not disagreeing. But that is not the cause of the current sell-off.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm not disagreeing. But that is not the cause of the current sell-off.

So when the Dow lost over 700 points the day after Obama won, had nothing to do with him winning?

5stringJeff
11-21-2008, 06:27 PM
So when the Dow lost over 700 points the day after Obama won, had nothing to do with him winning?

What else went on that day? How many other days recently has the Dow lost 500, 600, 700 points?

red states rule
11-21-2008, 06:29 PM
What else went on that day? How many other days recently has the Dow lost 500, 600, 700 points?

I believe it was the market showing their lack of confidence - it not fear - of Dems running DC and their promised across the baord tax increases, increased deficit spending, more regulations, and more government interference with the market

Said1
11-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I believe it was the market showing their lack of confidence - it not fear - of Dems running DC and their promised across the baord tax increases, increased deficit spending, more regulations, and more government interference with the market

You do realize it's a global slow down? These things are cumulative.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 06:32 PM
You do realize it's a global slow down? These things are cumulative.

I know that. But Obama's promise to increase personal income taxes, capital gains taxes, corporate taxes, dividend taxes, windfall profits tax, and taking the cap off SS wages is not very smart to do right now

Investors know that as well, and are pulling out in large numbers

Said1
11-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I know that. But Obama's promise to increase personal income taxes, capital gains taxes, corporate taxes, dividend taxes, windfall profits tax, and taking the cap off SS wages is not very smart to do right now

Investors know that as well, and are pulling out in large numbers

So, what led to a global slow down is a result of Obama's campaigne promises?

red states rule
11-21-2008, 06:37 PM
So, what led to a global slow down is a result of Obama's campaigne promises?

Not at all. But Obama's econmic fix will make the slowdown become a near dead stop

Do you think trillions in new taxes and spending will fix things?

Said1
11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Not at all. But Obama's econmic fix will make the slowdown become a near dead stop

Ok. How do you explain that on a global level? I'm not following. Use Bangladesh as an example to illustrate what you mean.

Do you think trillions in new taxes and spending will fix things?

For now they're just promises.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Ok. How do you explain that on a global level? I'm not following. Use Bangladesh as an example to illustrate what you mean.

For now they're just promises.

The very people who tanked the US economy are now saying they are going to fix it. The Dems are responsible for the mess we are in - and now they are going to tax and spend trillions to "fix" things

Dems ignored the warnings from Pres Bush and McCain about Fannie and Freddie - then they blamed the free market when they fell apart

Now they are out to raise taxes and increase spending. If Obama had an once of economic knowledge he would say publicly he will not raise taxes. But that would piss off Pelsoi and Reid who can't wait to jack up taxes

Yurt
11-21-2008, 06:43 PM
hjmick;326466]I have felt for more than a few years now that the stock market was grossly over performing, I felt much the same way about the housing market. Both downturns were no surprise to me. I told my wife we should sell our place about 18 months ago, I told here there was a "correction" coming. We didn't, and while the place is still worth about twice what she paid for it, it's not worth what it was when I said sell.

tricky situation. if you sold then, you are out of house, what then would you have purchased...or...would you have rented until prices went down...some net loss on the rent, if you waited....etc....

um, ok.

well..........that depends on who is behind bush and obama

the left has claimed bush is owned by the saudis etc...well they have their bought and paid for politician. i doubt obama will be any different. and given the evidence so far, uh, no

Said1
11-21-2008, 06:44 PM
The very people who tanked the US economy are now saying they are going to fix it. The Dems are responsible for the mess we are in - and now they are going to tax and spend trillions to "fix" things

Dems ignored the warnings from Pres Bush and McCain about Fannie and Freddie - then they blamed the free market when they fell apart

Now they are out to raise taxes and increase spending. If Obama had an once of economic knowledge he would say publicly he will not raise taxes. But that would piss off Pelsoi and Reid who can't wait to jack up taxes

Okaley-Doakiley.

hjmick
11-21-2008, 07:28 PM
tricky situation. if you sold then, you are out of house, what then would you have purchased...or...would you have rented until prices went down...some net loss on the rent, if you waited....etc....

If I had had my way, we would have left the state and bought a house in Montana, North Carolina, Wyoming, anywhere but here.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 07:31 PM
If I had had my way, we would have left the state and bought a house in Montana, North Carolina, Wyoming, anywhere but here.

Or Tulsa, OK - where I am thinking about moving to

http://www.homes.com/Real_Estate/OK/City/TULSA

Yurt
11-21-2008, 07:37 PM

smart choice, but...?

IMO you have to live in those other states. sure, you may get get bigger structure for your $$, but....i know you know, as you are still in ventura area...the structure gets small. if you like the great outdoors, montana, idaho, etc...there is plenty of reasonable land up there to and land with homes. me....nah, i thought i liked it, but love the central coast.

i would rather have a smaller home on the central coast than a big home in the hills/woods.

hjmick
11-21-2008, 07:55 PM
smart choice, but...?

IMO you have to live in those other states. sure, you may get get bigger structure for your $$, but....i know you know, as you are still in ventura area...the structure gets small. if you like the great outdoors, montana, idaho, etc...there is plenty of reasonable land up there to and land with homes. me....nah, i thought i liked it, but love the central coast.

i would rather have a smaller home on the central coast than a big home in the hills/woods.

After 33 years I have simply grown weary of California. I don't want a large place, but I would like some land. Of course, once we're out, there's no coming back.

manu1959
11-21-2008, 09:09 PM
After 33 years I have simply grown weary of California. I don't want a large place, but I would like some land. Of course, once we're out, there's no coming back.

thinking of joining the montana crowd......

persoanlly i would do the high desert in nevada....no jobs...but it is pretty

hjmick
11-21-2008, 09:29 PM
thinking of joining the montana crowd......

persoanlly i would do the high desert in nevada....no jobs...but it is pretty

Northern New Mexico is nice as well.

Yurt
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM

i'm married to a canadian...

:coffee:

oh, and her peeps up there, some guns, not like the states, but they are ready, they think it happened decades ago. if i have to leave, i am taking my ass to canada. family...

but i am not going to leave because of the mfm's of the world

hjmick
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
i'm married to a canadian...

:coffee:

oh, and her peeps up there, some guns, not like the states, but they are ready, they think it happened decades ago. if i have to leave, i am taking my ass to canada. family...

but i am not going to leave because of the mfm's of the world

The only other country I'd move to is Ireland. Ancestoral land there, still in the family, get myself a plot and build a house.

Yurt
11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
The only other country I'd move to is Ireland. Ancestoral land there, still in the family, get myself a plot and build a house.

not a bad idea. throughout history, ireland has remained strong. at times not so, but, overall, still ireland. no one has taken that away from her.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Recently the left have been upset over Obama being blamed for the falling Dow - but on the other hand they try and give him credit when it goes up

Stephanopoulos: Obama Caused Stock Rally and Black Friday Sales
By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
November 30, 2008 - 15:52 ET

If you had any questions about how differently the economy will be covered with Barack Obama in the White House they were answered by George Stephanopoulos on Sunday when he credited the president-elect with causing the recent stock market rally as well as better than expected sales the day after Thanksgiving.

I kid you not.

During the panel discussion of the most recent installment of "This Week," Stephanopoulos said

"President-elect Obama also said this week in a series of press conferences that he held Monday through Wednesday on the economy and laying out his economic team. You got to give him credit for one thing at least: ever since the leak of Tim Geithner as Treasury Secretary at 3:00 last Friday, the Dow has gone up 17%, the S&P has gone up 19%. So at least there's been a vote of confidence in the markets for president-elect Obama…And Black Friday, that’s exactly right, sales up three percent surprisingly on Black Friday. So, is this about the Obama economic team?"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/11/30/stephanopoulos-obama-caused-stock-rally-black-friday-sales