PDA

View Full Version : George Bush destroyed the Republican party

GW in Ohio
11-13-2008, 09:04 AM
In 2000, the Republicans had it all......

Control of the White House
Control of both Houses of Congress
A slim majority on the Supreme Court, with the prospect of more conservative justices to come

And now, just 8 years later, the Republican party is in ruins. Both Houses of Congress are firmly under Democratic control. The white House will be in Democratic hands for the next 8 years. And Barack Obama will be filling vacant seats on the Supreme Court with Justices who are in tune with his political viewpoint.

What happened?

Two words......George Bush. In just 8 years this intellectual lightwight with the frat boy mentality completely reversed the balance of power in the U.S. His disastrous Iraq war was mostly to blame. But Bush also turned people against him...and the Republicans...by his ham-handed handling of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, by trying to appoint his cleaning lady to the Supreme Court, and by generally being an out-of-touch, incompetent putz.

Way to go, George......

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:07 AM

A slim majority on the Supreme Court, with the prospect of more conservative justices to come

And now, just 8 years later, the Republican party is in ruins. Both Houses of Congress are firmly under Democratic control. The white House will be in Democratic hands for the next 8 years. And Barack Obama will be filling vacant seats on the Supreme Court with Justices who are in tune with his political viewpoint.

What happened?

Two words......George Bush. In just 8 years this intellectual lightwight with the frat boy mentality completely reversed the balance of power in the U.S. His disastrous Iraq war was mostly to blame. But Bush also turned people against him...and the Republicans...by his ham-handed handling of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, by trying to appoint his cleaning lady to the Supreme Court, and by generally being an out-of-touch, incompetent putz.

Way to go, George......

Not at all

Republicans acted more like liberal so the voters went with the real liberals. Reagan conservatism wins everytime - yet Republcians walked away fromt he principals and were fired

Liberalism fails everytime it is used - as we will all learn once again as DC will have liberalsim running amok

stephanie
11-13-2008, 09:07 AM
If you say so..

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Not at all

Republicans acted more like liberal so the voters went with the real liberals. Reagan conservatism wins everytime - yet Republcians walked away fromt he principals and were fired

Liberalism fails everytime it is used - as we will all learn once again as DC will have liberalsim running amok

You are both right.

George Bush by his liberal leadership destroyed the Republican Party.

Immie

Nukeman
11-13-2008, 09:18 AM

What happened?

Way to go, George......Nah the republican party was destroyed long before George took control. You were just to stupid to notice before some liberal told you what to think and say.....

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
You are both right.

George Bush by his liberal leadership destroyed the Republican Party.

Immie

and Obama will up the level of liberalism

Look at all the confidence Wall St has in Obama and his tax and spend policies

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=19647

GW in Ohio
11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
The Republicans' coupling of religion and politics worked for them for a time...as when Karl Rove got those "defense of marriage" initiatives on the ballot in 13 key states in '04.

But eventually it came back to bite them. I think the voters looked at GOP clowns like Larry Craig, who was spouting the "family values" line out of one side of his mouth, and at the same time tapping his feet under the toilet stall looking for gay sex.

I believe if the GOP is going to come back strong, they need to de-couple the Jesus stuff from their platform and become the secular, martini-sipping, hard-headed pragmatic party it's been in the past.

Monkeybone
11-13-2008, 09:29 AM
The Republicans' coupling of religion and politics worked for them for a time...as when Karl Rove got those "defense of marriage" initiatives on the ballot in 13 key states in '04.

But eventually it came back to bite them. I think the voters looked at GOP clowns like Larry Craig, who was spouting the "family values" line out of one side of his mouth, and at the same time tapping his feet under the toilet stall looking for gay sex.

I believe if the GOP is going to come back strong, they need to de-couple the Jesus stuff from their platform and become the secular, martini-sipping, hard-headed pragmatic party it's been in the past.
or you know...practice what they preach instead of trying to label themselves to please everyone.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:31 AM

Yes, to liberals it is an outrage for people to openly express their faith in God - but it is fine if you are a Muslim and you openly express your love of Allah

Dems tried to cover up their own sex issus - like the guy who replaced Mr Foley. Pelosi did not care there were tapes of the jerk threatening the women if she did do as she was told - all that matters is winning

Republicans will come if IF they go back to Reagan conservatism. Dems will overplay their hand, try to grab to much power away from the people, and try to reshap America into their 60's utopia view

GW in Ohio
11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Yes, to liberals it is an outrage for people to openly express their faith in God - but it is fine if you are a Muslim and you openly express your love of Allah

Dems tried to cover up their own sex issus - like the guy who replaced Mr Foley. Pelosi did not care there were tapes of the jerk threatening the women if she did do as she was told - all that matters is winning

Republicans will come if IF they go back to Reagan conservatism. Dems will overplay their hand, try to grab to much power away from the people, and try to reshap America into their 60's utopia view

Reagan was a pragmatic conservative, which was the basis of his success. Although he was nominally religious, he didn't sit in the Oval Office trying to channel Jesus, as George Bush has done for the last 8 years.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Reagan was a pragmatic conservative, which was the basis of his success. Although he was nominally religious, he didn't sit in the Oval Office trying to channel Jesus, as George Bush has done for the last 8 years.

Pres Reagan offered soultions to the liberal disater in the 1970's. Pres Reagan valued life and talked about God often. He took on libs who wanted remove all public reference of God - like libs want to do to today

Maybe you were to young to remember the good ol days of unchecked liberalsim - or you are attempting to rewrite history

GW in Ohio
11-13-2008, 09:43 AM

And red states...

I for one am completely comfortable with people openly expressing their faith in God. As a bluegrass musician, gospel music is one of my favorite genres. I respect people who live their faith.

But when it comes to politics, leave your faith at the door. If you don't govern with hard-headed pragmatism, instead of constantly wondering, "What would Jesus do?" you'll wind up the way the Republicans are today.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
And red states...

I for one am completely comfortable with people openly expressing their faith in God. As a bluegrass musician, gospel music is one of my favorite genres. I respect people who live their faith.

But when it comes to politics, leave your faith at the door. If you don't govern with hard-headed pragmatism, instead of constantly wondering, "What would Jesus do?" you'll wind up the way the Republicans are today.

yet when liberalsim is preached from the pulpit (like at Obama's church) libs are silent

Or when Jesse Jackson or Rev Al pass the collection plate around in black churchs - libe do not say a word

It depend is God is used to promote liberalism or conservatism. It is called selective outrage, and libs are experts at it

stephanie
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
the "what would Jesus do" line that you all spout about President Bush..

He might of said it once somewhere sometime..but to insinuate he sat around day in and day out wondering that is just total bullshit..

LIBERALS ARE LIARS

GW in Ohio
11-13-2008, 09:55 AM
yet when liberalsim is preached from the pulpit (like at Obama's church) libs are silent

Or when Jesse Jackson or Rev Al pass the collection plate around in black churchs - libe do not say a word

It depend is God is used to promote liberalism or conservatism. It is called selective outrage, and libs are experts at it

I think the GOP took a disastrously wrong turn when they nominated George Bush in '99.

At that point, they had all the momentum on their side. Newt Gingrich's conservative revolution that seized both Houses of Congress in '94 was based on fiscal conservatism and pragmatic policies in foreign affairs.

If the Repubs had nominated someone competent in 2000, someone who didn't think it was a good idea to invade Iraq, someone who was a fiscal conservative and didn't think the taxpayers' money was his personal mad money, they'd still be in power today.

George Bush spent the country to the brink of bankruptcy and he spent the GOP right out of power.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I think the GOP took a disastrously wrong turn when they nominated George Bush in '99.

At that point, they had all the momentum on their side. Newt Gingrich's conservative revolution that seized both Houses of Congress in '94 was based on fiscal conservatism and pragmatic policies in foreign affairs.

If the Repubs had nominated someone competent in 2000, someone who didn't think it was a good idea to invade Iraq, someone who was a fiscal conservative and didn't think the taxpayers' money was his personal mad money, they'd still be in power today.

George Bush spent the country to the brink of bankruptcy and he spent the GOP right out of power.

Republicans took the wrong turn when they became as arrogrant as liberals and ignored Reagan conservatism

If Iraq was such a msitake, where are the Dems and liberal media on the issue. the fact is the US has won in Iraq - much to the dismay of the left

Look at the Dow since Obama won - it is down 15%. Obama and Dems will still raise taxes, increase spending, try to shut down conservative talk radio, expand government, and maybe take away of 401K's

Now there is talk about investagations of Pres Bush AFTER he leaves office

Yes, GW Dems are going to do the saem thing they alwasy do when they have power - they will let it go tot heir heads

stephanie
11-13-2008, 09:59 AM
someone competent..like a community organizing little Marxist, instead of a governor..

really..:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-13-2008, 01:15 PM
And red states...

Actually, I remember very clearly that exit polls from the 2000 Presidential election overwhelmingly cited 'moral values' as their number one reason for voting Republican. And since this nation is about 85% Christian, you can do the math on what those values are.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Actually, I remember very clearly that exit polls from the 2000 Presidential election overwhelmingly cited 'moral values' as their number one reason for voting Republican. And since this nation is about 85% Christian, you can do the math on what those values are.

and Republicans ignored those values and became liberals

crin63
11-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree that the Bush administration went way to far to the left with spending but I think the biggest problem (not the only problem) was that President Bush did not personally go out before the American people and talk directly to them enough. Had he personally gone out and explained what he was doing and why, he may have achieved a greater level of trust. Couple that with the constant character assassination of him by the LIBERAL MSM and we have the lack of trust we see with Republicans.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree that the Bush administration went way to far to the left with spending but I think the biggest problem (not the only problem) was that President Bush did not personally go out before the American people and talk directly to them enough. Had he personally gone out and explained what he was doing and why, he may have achieved a greater level of trust. Couple that with the constant character assassination of him by the LIBERAL MSM and we have the lack of trust we see with Republicans.

Now the liberal media is in Obama's corner and will do their best to play up him, his policies, and the administration

case in point is Chris Matthews who calls himself a journalist and says his job is now to make the Obama administration a success

Sitarro
11-13-2008, 02:26 PM

I agree that we didn't see enough of him but I can understand how difficult and tiring it must be to be judged every time you open your mouth....... not necessarily on what you say but how you've said it. Sarah Palin has seen the same thing, she was never given a chance by some elites because she spoke with an accent and wasn't a liberal. The fact is a liberal can speak like an imbecile playing a part...... Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Barry Osama, Robert Byrd, John Kerry or Home Depot's own Joe Biden from Scranton........ they are given a huge pass.

The fact is, most people are like sheep, they need a leader to tell them what to do, how to do it and where to go. The leader can turn out to be the Mass Media when they are consistent on message about what a failure another leader is. An economy is much more complicated than something that can be blamed on a President and yet President Bush is getting their blame repeatedly shouted into our heads. The entire world's economy is in the shit and the only name we are hearing is President Bush....... it's more garbage from the left.

crin63
11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree that we didn't see enough of him but I can understand how difficult and tiring it must be to be judged every time you open your mouth....... not necessarily on what you say but how you've said it. Sarah Palin has seen the same thing, she was never given a chance by some elites because she spoke with an accent and wasn't a liberal. The fact is a liberal can speak like an imbecile playing a part...... Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Barry Osama, Robert Byrd, John Kerry or Home Depot's own Joe Biden from Scranton........ they are given a huge pass.

The fact is, most people are like sheep, they need a leader to tell them what to do, how to do it and where to go. The leader can turn out to be the Mass Media when they are consistent on message about what a failure another leader is. An economy is much more complicated than something that can be blamed on a President and yet President Bush is getting their blame repeatedly shouted into our heads. The entire world's economy is in the shit and the only name we are hearing is President Bush....... it's more garbage from the left.

Agreed!

This Wall Street financial mess can be squarely laid right at the feet of Dems but that doesn't excuse President Bush spending money like a drunk sailor.

However the Dems will get a pass from the MSM. It doesn't matter that this Wall Street failure started with Carter, grew under Clinton, was overseen by Fairy Frank, filled the pockets of Dems and crashed just in time for the 2008 elections. If one was a conspiracy theorist they might think this was all orchestrated over the last few years.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Agreed!

This Wall Street financial mess can be squarely laid right at the feet of Dems but that doesn't excuse President Bush spending money like a drunk sailor.

However the Dems will get a pass from the MSM. It doesn't matter that this Wall Street failure started with Carter, grew under Clinton, was overseen by Fairy Frank, filled the pockets of Dems and crashed just in time for the 2008 elections. If one was a conspiracy theorist they might think this was all orchestrated over the last few years.

Lets see what has happened since Obama won

sucide bombings in iraq on the rise

dow below 8300

Russia putting precision blastic missiles near nato boarders

highest unemployment 7 years

Terrorist groups sending congrats to obama for his win. I wonder why???

Confidence in Obama my ass. If this country HAD any confidence in this thug the Dow wouldnt be down about 1500 points in the 1 week hes been elected..

5stringJeff
11-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Bush added almost 9 trillion dollars to the national debt in eight years. That's $9,000,000,000,000 dollars!!! And, for four of those years, he had a GOP-controlled House and Senate. You can't just blame the Democrats - although I can't think of one Democrat that wants to stop the expansion of government. The GOP's problem is that they don't want to stop the expansion of government anymore. The GOP is no longer the party of small government.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Bush added almost 9 trillion dollars to the national debt in eight years. That's $9,000,000,000,000 dollars!!! And, for four of those years, he had a GOP-controlled House and Senate. You can't just blame the Democrats - although I can't think of one Democrat that wants to stop the expansion of government. The GOP's problem is that they don't want to stop the expansion of government anymore. The GOP is no longer the party of small government.

Dems spent the money for the last 2 years

and yes, Republicans forgot what brought them to pwoer - Reagan conservatism - and were fired for it

Now, get ready for even more deficit spending, higher taxes, and more government programs

5stringJeff
11-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Dems spent the money for the last 2 years

And Bush signed every single spending bill.

and yes, Republicans forgot what brought them to pwoer - Reagan conservatism - and were fired for it

Now, get ready for even more deficit spending, higher taxes, and more government programs

Well, we've had deficit spending and more government programs for the last eight years. That much won't change. I still think Obama's tax cut for 95% of the people will, just Bill Clinton's middle-class tax cut, disappear before January.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
And Bush signed every single spending bill.

Well, we've had deficit spending and more government programs for the last eight years. That much won't change. I still think Obama's tax cut for 95% of the people will, just Bill Clinton's middle-class tax cut, disappear before January.

and Pres bush did veto some, and made them cut back the spending

It is impossible for Obama to cut taxes for 95% and he is lying when he says taxes will go up for only those making $250,000

Nearly everyone will pay more in taxes, and those who do not pay income taxes will get bigger welfare payments

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 09:24 PM

It is impossible for Obama to cut taxes for 95% and he is lying when he says taxes will go up for only those making $250,000

Nearly everyone will pay more in taxes, and those who do not pay income taxes will get bigger welfare payments

Damn. I believed everything he made explicit. Not. However, many did.

5stringJeff
11-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Bush's veto pen only came out when Congress threatened (and rightfully so) to scale back his domestic spying program or ban torture at Gitmo. Bush has never seen a federal program he didn't like.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Bush's veto pen only came out when Congress threatened (and rightfully so) to scale back his domestic spying program or ban torture at Gitmo. Bush has never seen a federal program he didn't like.

And he should have vetoed them

He should have vetoed alot of the Republcan spending bills as well. Now the Dems will make that spending look like peanuts

5stringJeff
11-13-2008, 09:44 PM
And he should have vetoed them

He should have vetoed alot of the Republcan spending bills as well. Now the Dems will make that spending look like peanuts

I'm not saying the Democrats won't spend like drunken sailors - that's what their party has been about ever since FDR. I'm saying the Republicans are no different, save for the types of programs the two parties want to create/expand.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm not saying the Democrats won't spend like drunken sailors - that's what their party has been about ever since FDR. I'm saying the Republicans are no different, save for the types of programs the two parties want to create/expand.

and I agree with you Jeff- that is why Republicans lost. They need to get back to what put them in power - Reagan conservatism

Obama will give them a wide open door in 2010 with the midterms ans in 2012

It is time to find the true conservatives and start moving the party to the right

GW in Ohio
11-14-2008, 08:40 AM
and I agree with you Jeff- that is why Republicans lost. They need to get back to what put them in power - Reagan conservatism

Obama will give them a wide open door in 2010 with the midterms ans in 2012

It is time to find the true conservatives and start moving the party to the right

There will always be a conservative constituency in this country. Conservatism represents many of the essential qualities of our national character.....self-reliance, personal responsibility, fiscal restraint, smaller central government, stronger local government.....lower taxes.....

The most obvious thing George Bush did to derail the conservative movement and take the country off course was his irresponsible spending. We will be a long time digging out from the mountain of debt that accrued during his tenure. His policy of reckless and irresponsible spending played a large role in the current financial crisis, I believe.

Bush and his puppetmaster Karl Rove also took the conservative movement off track by coupling the Christian religion with the Republican party. Although Americans are religious people, they also prefer to keep their religion and their politics separate. By trying to portray the GOP as the party of family values and morality and the Democrats as the party of immorality, Rove and Bush succeeded for a time. But they set themselves up for repudiation and ridicule when we started to hear about all the Republican political figures involved in sleazy sex scandals. Just mention the name Larry Craig and it conjures up all the Republican hypocrisy of the last 8-10 years.

Finally, the arrogance and hubris and flat-out deception that went into the Iraq invasion is the third way Bush and his crowd took the country, and the conservative movement, off track. Conservatism has traditionally stood for a strong military, but it wasn't normally associated with risky, imperialistic foreign wars. The Iraq war has drained the country, militarily and financially and has frittered away whatever international good will we had following the 9/11 strike.

So re-invent yourselves, Republicans. But remember your fiscally responsible roots. Leave the religion stuff in your churches, and stop trying to be the new Roman Empire, or the new British Empire. Remember what happened to the Romans and the Brits......

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
There will always be a conservative constituency in this country. Conservatism represents many of the essential qualities of our national character.....self-reliance, personal responsibility, fiscal restraint, smaller central government, stronger local government.....lower taxes.....

The most obvious thing George Bush did to derail the conservative movement and take the country off course was his irresponsible spending. We will be a long time digging out from the mountain of debt that accrued during his tenure. His policy of reckless and irresponsible spending played a large role in the current financial crisis, I believe.

Bush and his puppetmaster Karl Rove also took the conservative movement off track by coupling the Christian religion with the Republican party. Although Americans are religious people, they also prefer to keep their religion and their politics separate. By trying to portray the GOP as the party of family values and morality and the Democrats as the party of immorality, Rove and Bush succeeded for a time. But they set themselves up for repudiation and ridicule when we started to hear about all the Republican political figures involved in sleazy sex scandals. Just mention the name Larry Craig and it conjures up all the Republican hypocrisy of the last 8-10 years.

Finally, the arrogance and hubris and flat-out deception that went into the Iraq invasion is the third way Bush and his crowd took the country, and the conservative movement, off track. Conservatism has traditionally stood for a strong military, but it wasn't normally associated with risky, imperialistic foreign wars. The Iraq war has drained the country, militarily, financially and has frittered away whatever international good will we had following the 9/11 strike.

So re-invent yourselves, Republicans. But remember your fiscally responsible roots. Leave the religion stuff in your churches, and stop trying to be the new Roman Empire, or the new British Empire. Remember what happened to the Romans and the Brits......

GW here are a few facts

You whine now about spending - but where is your outrage over the Dms spending? Gor the last 2 years Dems have controlled the checkbook

Obama wants opver $1.4 trillion in NEW spending. Dems are talking about huge amounts right now in more handouts

The Federal budget is over $3 trillion - yet you libs say that is not enough

As far as sex scandals look at your own party. Most of the recent politicans busted have been Dems - and the liberal media did their best to ignore them

As far as Religion will you also tell your side to shut up? Preaching liberalsim in churchs - you guys dismissed Obama's racist pastor and what was preached in his church

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 08:49 AM

Finally, the arrogance and hubris and flat-out deception that went into the Iraq invasion is the third way Bush and his crowd took the country, and the conservative movement, off track. Conservatism has traditionally stood for a strong military, but it wasn't normally associated with risky, imperialistic foreign wars. The Iraq war has drained the country, militarily and financially and has frittered away whatever international good will we had following the 9/11 strike.

I agree with everything you said in this post up until this one phrase:

Leave the religion stuff in your churches

My faith is a very important part of my life. It shapes how I feel about things. It is the center of my being so to speak. For you to insist that I cut out my heart in order to participate in politics is outrageous (lower case o). Although, I would never to presume to tell someone else what to believe, my points of view are centered in my faith and it will always be a part of my understanding of the world.

I will not cast aside my faith just to appease you.

I will not attempt to force you to believe as I do and I expect the same courtesy from you.

I will continue to view the world through my beliefs as I would expect you will as well.

Immie

GW in Ohio
11-14-2008, 08:55 AM
I agree with everything you said in this post up until this one phrase:

My faith is a very important part of my life. It shapes how I feel about things. It is the center of my being so to speak. For you to insist that I cut out my heart in order to participate in politics is outrageous (lower case o). Although, I would never to presume to tell someone else what to believe, my points of view are centered in my faith and it will always be a part of my understanding of the world.

I will not cast aside my faith just to appease you.

I will not attempt to force you to believe as I do and I expect the same courtesy from you.

I will continue to view the world through my beliefs as I would expect you will as well.

Immie

That's fair enough, Immie. Hold fast to your religious principles, but don't use the political arena to force them on others.

Abortion is the most obvious example. A lot of people believe human life begins at conception. Fine. But many other don't believe that. If they want to have an abortion, for whatever reason up to the third trimester, it's none of your business. I personally support limits on abortions in the third trimester.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
That's fair enough, Immie. Hold fast to your religious principles, but don't use the political arena to force them on others.

Abortion is the most obvious example. A lot of people believe human life begins at conception. Fine. But many other don't believe that. If they want to have an abortion, for whatever reason up to the third trimester, it's none of your business. I personally support limits on abortions in the third trimester.

Funny how liberals will bend over backwards to defend the right of murders and terrorists - yet yawn as millions of unborn children are killed out of convenience

So you have no problem bringing the child almost all the way out of the mother, drilling a hole it the childs head, and draining its brains out?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:05 AM

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/15379.jpg

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 09:08 AM

I appreciate the fact that you were not insisting, I cut out my heart in order to participate in politics. But, I wanted you to know how your post came across.

I'm sorry, but I still disagree with you. Our laws are created on the basis of our morality. Every law on the books is there because someone had a moral point of view. Abortion is no different. In this country we have a disagreement over the right to an abortion. Simply because you have one point of view and I have another point of view which happens to stem from my faith, does not mean your point of view is of greater value than mine.

Immie

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Funny how liberals will bend over backwards to defend the right of murders and terrorists - yet yawn as millions of unborn children are killed out of convenience

So you have no problem bringing the child almost all the way out of the mother, drilling a hole it the childs head, and draining its brains out?

Your rhetoric will not help solve the issue of abortion.

Most liberals struggle over this issue in much the same way conservatives do. For instance, I believe in a woman's right to make her own choices in life. However, I have come to the conclusion in this issue that the right to life of one individual (the unborn child) outweighs the right to choose. Liberals have weighed the same issue in the same way I have, yet come to the opposite conclusion from me.

That doesn't mean I am right and they are wrong although I believe I am and based on the scientific fact as I see it, the unborn child is a human possessing the right to live. Unless I am satisfactorily convinced otherwise, I will maintain my stance and do everything I can do to bring a end to abortion whether that be through laws, education or what have you.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Your rhetoric will not help solve the issue of abortion.

Most liberals struggle over this issue in much the same way conservatives do. For instance, I believe in a woman's right to make her own choices in life. However, I have come to the conclusion in this issue that the right to life of one individual (the unborn child) outweighs the right to choose. Liberals have weighed the same issue in the same way I have, yet come to the opposite conclusion from me.

That doesn't mean I am right and they are wrong although I believe I am and based on the scientific fact as I see it, the unborn child is a human possessing the right to live. Unless I am satisfactorily convinced otherwise, I will maintain my stance and do everything I can do to bring a end to abortion whether that be through laws, education or what have you.

Immie

What rhetoric? It is factual

Where are all those moderatre libs on abortion? All I see are the libs who want to kill babies - yet show mercy to the criminals

Sorry, I do not think a women has a chocie when it comes to killing their children. It is that simple Immie

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 09:23 AM
What rhetoric? It is factual

Where are all those moderatre libs on abortion? All I see are the libs who want to kill babies - yet show mercy to the criminals

Sorry, I do not think a women has a chocie when it comes to killing their children. It is that simple Immie

85% or more of your posts are rhetoric my friend!

Who knows, maybe I am becoming one of those moderate libs. I sure don't want to be associated with the "conservatism" of George W. Bush or today's Republican Party.

As for a Woman's right to chose to kill her baby, as I said, I do not believe she has that choice either, but I am still working to convince everyone else.

Your rhetoric isn't helping.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:25 AM

Who knows, maybe I am becoming one of those moderate libs. I sure don't want to be associated with the "conservatism" of George W. Bush or today's Republican Party.

As for a Woman's right to chose to kill her baby, as I said, I do not believe she has that choice either, but I am still working to convince everyone else.

Immie

Well free free to point out when my posts have factual errors my friend

As I have said, Pres Bush is not a conservative - and by leaving Reagan conservatism is the reason the party has lost back to back elections

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 09:38 AM

Immie

Immie, how are RSR's posts any more rhetorical than those of others?

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Well free free to point out when my posts have factual errors my friend

Doing so has proven not to be conducive to a friendly relationship with you. Therefore, I would prefer to allow you to live in your dream world and stay your friend.

Besides I don't have time to wade through your volumous posts and the websites it would take to correct you in the first place. Not to mention that you are as thick skulled as any liberal on Earth and if the truth were presented to you straight from God's mouth, you still would not be convinced. :D So, why bother? :poke: :salute:

Immie

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 09:44 AM

For starters:

How many times has he presumed to tell us what MFM thinks?

How many times has he presumed to tell us what liberals think?

Don't try and tell me he has the key to their minds.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Doing so has proven not to be conducive to a friendly relationship with you. Therefore, I would prefer to allow you to live in your dream world and stay your friend.

Besides I don't have time to wade through your volumous posts and the websites it would take to correct you in the first place. Not to mention that you are as thick skulled as any liberal on Earth and if the truth were presented to you straight from God's mouth, you still would not be convinced. :D So, why bother? :poke: :salute:

Immie

Well Immie, as long as you do not give a sermon like Virgil we will be fine. Feel free to point out any factual errors in my posts - we will get along fine

Seems you are the type of person who does not want to offend the libs, and want to be liked by them. Ok, fine

I call them like I see them. I have gone after Pres Bush and Republicans many times

I wear my Reagan conservatism as a badge of honor

Hull
11-14-2008, 09:46 AM

I'd agree with that, but I'd also mention his complete disregard for control on our border and wanting to give 23 million illegal aliens amnesty didn't help either.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:46 AM
For starters:

Immie

and guess what Immie? They have proven me right

I know how liberals think and I can usually tell you what they will say before they say it

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
For starters:

Immie

When a group or a person exhibits the same basic philosophy over and over, in their own words no less, it is not hard to surmise what they think on public issues. It doesn't require a crystal ball. And in case you haven't noticed, there are plenty of posts on here that purport to characterize all the "right wing nuts" on any number of issues. And tons about we so-called crazy Christians, too.

My point is, RSR is really no different than anyone else. He is just more prolific and pasionate than anyone else, so he is an easy target.

I have no problem with you Immie, but it appears to me that you are uncomfortable with people who are far from the middle of the road where you appear to reside. That does not make them bad. :)

GW in Ohio
11-14-2008, 09:55 AM

RSR states as fact....scientific fact?......that human life begins at conception.

That is not a fact. It's his opinion, supported by his religious beliefs, but an opinion nevertheless.

There is no scientific or political or religious consensus on when human life begins. So RSR's references to "killing babies" is inflammatory and irresponsible.

This is an issue every individual needs to sort out for him or herself. This is an example of mixing religion with politics that never should have happened. Abortion should be a moral issue, not a political issue.

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 09:55 AM
and guess what Immie? They have proven me right

I know how liberals think and I can usually tell you what they will say before they say it

No, you only think they have, my friend.

First off, liberal thought is as varied as conservative thought. They don't all think alike, just like we don't all think alike. You might be able to predict what MFM is going to say, or what JS is going to say, but you can not predict liberal thought.

You can present liberal philosophy as good as the rest of us, but to present it as if they all think and say the same thing is preposterous.

Immie

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 09:58 AM
When a group or a person exhibits the same basic philosophy over and over, in their own words no less, it is not hard to surmise what they think on public issues. It doesn't require a crystal ball. And in case you haven't noticed, there are plenty of posts on here that purport to characterize all the "right wing nuts" on any number of issues. And tons about we so-called crazy Christians, too.

My point is, RSR is really no different than anyone else. He is just more prolific and pasionate than anyone else, so he is an easy target.

I have no problem with you Immie, but it appears to me that you are uncomfortable with people who are far from the middle of the road where you appear to reside. That does not make them bad. :)

Does too!

j/k

Wait, where did I say they were bad? Where did I say his rhetoric was bad? I simply said it didn't help and it doesn't. You cannot convince someone that they are wrong by calling them morons all the time. That is not a way to change minds.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:58 AM
No, you only think they have, my friend.

First off, liberal thought is as varied as conservative thought. They don't all think alike, just like we don't all think alike. You might be able to predict what MFM is going to say, or what JS is going to say, but you can not predict liberal thought.

You can present liberal philosophy as good as the rest of us, but to present it as if they all think and say the same thing is preposterous.

Immie

As with Virgil and other libs here, they are very predictable. Their rants follow the usual pattern, and one does not need a map or a long discussion to figure out what they think and believe

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Does too!

j/k

Wait, where did I say they were bad? Where did I say his rhetoric was bad? I simply said it didn't help and it doesn't. You cannot convince someone that they are wrong by calling them morons all the time. That is not a way to change minds.

Immie

Well perhaps, Virgil, BP, PB, Gabby, and Joe will understand that, and stop with the personal attacks

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
RSR states as fact....scientific fact?......that human life begins at conception.

That is not a fact. It's his opinion, supported by his religious beliefs, but an opinion nevertheless.

There is no scientific or political or religious consensus on when human life begins. So RSR's references to "killing babies" is inflammatory and irresponsible.

This is an issue every individual needs to sort out for him or herself. This is an example of mixing religion with politics that never should have happened. Abortion should be a moral issue, not a political issue.

What is this? It is not a glob of Protoplasma.

http://mirror-us-ga1.gallery.hd.org/_tn/std/medicine/_more2002/_more12/sonogram-human-foetal-fetal-ultrasound-scan-at-23-weeks-mono-ANON.jpg

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Well perhaps, Virgil, BP, PB, Gabby, and Joe will understand that, and stop with the personal attacks

Then again perhaps, I can eventually get it through your thick skull and you will understand it and take the first step.

I won't hold my breath for either scenario.

Immie

PS all of this is said in a friendly manner and none of it should be taken as a personal attack. Abbey is right. I am uncomfortable with the constant bickering between both sides.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Then again perhaps, I can eventually get it through your thick skull and you will understand it and take the first step.

I won't hold my breath for either scenario.

Immie

I usually take several insults before I fire back. But you seem to want to be liked by the libs here, so I will consider the source :laugh2:

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
I usually take several insults before I fire back. But you seem to want to be liked by the libs here, so I will consider the source :laugh2:

Hey, it is in my nature. I hate conflict. :laugh2:

I've lost count as to whom throws the most insults at whom, but honestly, I would bet on you holding your own.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey, it is in my nature. I hate conflict. :laugh2:

I've lost count as to whom throws the most insults at whom, but honestly, I would bet on you holding your own.

Immie

Well you would fit in fine with the current Republican party. They did not want to make waves and went along with the Dems in the spirit of bipartisanship

and they got their asses kicked by the voters

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Well you would fit in fine with the current Republican party. They did not want to make waves and went along with the Dems in the spirit of bipartisanship

and they got their asses kicked by the voters

I'm beginning to feel like I struck a nerve.

No, I would not fit in fine with the current Republican Party. You can be polite without compromising your beliefs. The current Republican Party has compromised its prior beliefs because they don't believe in them anymore. I still have my beliefs. I simply don't think I need to be a jerk in order to win.

Sort of like the difference between Tony Stewart and Darrel Waltrip, maybe? Tony has always been an ass. Darrel won more or less as a gentleman.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm beginning to feel like I struck a nerve.

No, I would not fit in fine with the current Republican Party. You can be polite without compromising your beliefs. The current Republican Party has compromised its prior beliefs because they don't believe in them anymore. I still have my beliefs. I simply don't think I need to be a jerk in order to win.

Sort of like the difference between Tony Stewart and Darrel Waltrip, maybe? Tony has always been an ass. Darrel won more or less as a gentleman.

Immie

You have not struck a nerve Immie. I am use to the libs here and others, saying I am over the top

I tell it like it is. I call them as I see them

We have all seen how Republicans trying to get along with the left has worked out for them. Pres Bush reached out to the Dems and we have seen how the left responded

McCain ran a PC campaign amd we saw how well he did

Perhpas now the Republicans will stop playing by the Marquis of Queensberry Rules and they will win elections

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
You have not struck a nerve Immie. I am use to the libs here and others, saying I am over the top

I tell it like it is. I call them as I see them

We have all seen how Republicans trying to get along with the left has worked out for them. Pres Bush reached out to the Dems and we have seen how the left responded

McCain ran a PC campaign amd we saw how well he did

Perhpas now the Republicans will stop playing by the Marquis of Queensberry Rules and they will win elections

The RNC did NOT reach out to the left. The RNC abandoned its philosophies and became the left. It had nothing to do with compromising. The RNC was infiltrated by the left sufficiently so that the RNC is now left wing.

It had nothing to do with bipartisanship. It was a merger.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:28 AM
The RNC did NOT reach out to the left. The RNC abandoned its philosophies and became the left. It had nothing to do with compromising. The RNC was infiltrated by the left sufficiently so that the RNC is now left wing.

It had nothing to do with bipartisanship. It was a merger.

Immie

Pres Bush and the party bent over backwards in a futile attempt to make nice with the left. They tried to meet them half way and wound up going over to their side

Sometimes you need to get it wrong a few times before you can realize what is right

Obama will give them their chance to get it right

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Pres Bush and the party bent over backwards in a futile attempt to make nice with the left. They tried to meet them half way and wound up going over to their side

Sometimes you need to get it wrong a few times before you can realize what is right

Obama will give them their chance to get it right

And this is one time you are wrong.

President Bush did not bend over backwards to make nice with the left. President Bush IS the left. Witness his actions as a President; The Patriot Act, FISA, NSA Wiretapping, Financial Bailout, Big Government, huge spending etc. He IS one of them.

It was not a compromise because he agreed with them from the beginning. What he did do was sell us a bill of conservative goods and because he put an (R) behind his name, we bought it hook, line and sinker... BIG TIME.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:53 AM
And this is one time you are wrong.

President Bush did not bend over backwards to make nice with the left. President Bush IS the left. Witness his actions as a President; The Patriot Act, FISA, NSA Wiretapping, Financial Bailout, Big Government, huge spending etc. He IS one of them.

It was not a compromise because he agreed with them from the beginning. What he did do was sell us a bill of conservative goods and because he put an (R) behind his name, we bought it hook, line and sinker... BIG TIME.

Immie

Come on Immie. Remember Pres Bush's "new tone"

He let Ted Kennedy write the education bill, invited over the Dem leaders to the WH for dinner, and on most of the items you list - Dems voted for them

Obama voted for FISA

As I said, we now see where making nice with the Dems got the Republicans. Now is the time to move back to Reagan conservatism and give the voters a clear choice in the differences of the parties

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Come on Immie. Remember Pres Bush's "new tone"

He let Ted Kennedy write the education bill, invited over the Dem leaders to the WH for dinner, and on most of the items you list - Dems voted for them

Obama voted for FISA

As I said, we now see where making nice with the Dems got the Republicans. Now is the time to move back to Reagan conservatism and give the voters a clear choice in the differences of the parties

Yes, so?

He is one of them. Why shouldn't he let them write the bills?

He would have to be a conservative in the first place to "reach across the aisle". Instead he would be sitting on the left side of the aisle from the get go. IOW there is no reaching across the aisle when you are already on the other side. Or IOW if he were reaching across the aisle, he would have to reach from left to right.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes, so?

He is one of them. Why shouldn't he let them write the bills?

He would have to be a conservative in the first place to "reach across the aisle". Instead he would be sitting on the left side of the aisle from the get go.

Immie

and depsite Pres Bush "being one of them" the left savaged him from day one of his administration

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 11:10 AM
and depsite Pres Bush "being one of them" the left savaged him from day one of his administration

(R)

It makes a world of a difference.

Besides, they ravaged him, we protected him. Should have been the other way around... except our pride got in the way.

Immie

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM

Proving that in lib world, no good deed goes unpunished.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
(R)

It makes a world of a difference.

Immie

Which is why it is a waste of time trying to work with Dems. The party needs to go back to its roots of Reagan conservatism and take the gloves off

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Which is why it is a waste of time trying to work with Dems. The party needs to go back to its roots of Reagan conservatism and take the gloves off

Which is not much different than what I have been saying.

But it won't be done by the George Bushes of the world. They infiltrated the Republican Party. Conservatives will either have to do it in reverse or... infiltrate the Democratic Party! Paybacks are a bitch aren't they? :D

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Which is not much different than what I have been saying.

But it won't be done by the George Bushes of the world. They infiltrated the Republican Party. Conservatives will either have to do it in reverse or... infiltrate the Democratic Party! Paybacks are a bitch aren't they? :D

Immie

Obama and the kook left will destroy the Dem party. Sit back and watch the coming train wreck

Then, if the Republicans get back to Reagan conservatism the party will come back

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Obama and the kook left will destroy the Dem party. Sit back and watch the coming train wreck

Then, if the Republicans get back to Reagan conservatism the party will come back

There was a thread the other day that mentioned that there are no conservatives left in Washington. If that is true, how would you propose to do this? You don't think that the George Bush's of the world are suddenly going to convert do you?

Immie

GW in Ohio
11-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Proving that in lib world, no good deed goes unpunished.

Until you guys get past your knee-jerk partisanship and stop treating liberals as "the enemy" (instead of your fellow Americans), you'll just be a bunch of right-wing wackos on a dead-end street in the political world.

Your guru Rush Limbaugh has done more to poison the political atmosphere in this country than anyone else. He has divided Americans into two hostile camps:

Conservatives (the good guys)
Liberals (the bad guys)

It's not a good idea for either conservatives or liberals to demonize the other side, because we all eventually have to work together. And when we do sit down and work together, it's often surprising how many points of agreement we can reach on issues like gun control and abortion.

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Until you guys get past your knee-jerk partisanship and stop treating liberals as "the enemy" (instead of your fellow Americans), you'll just be a bunch of right-wing wackos on a dead-end street in the political world.

Your guru Rush Limbaugh has done more to poison the political atmosphere in this country than anyone else. He has divided Americans into two hostile camps:

Liberals (the bad guys)

It's not a good idea for either conservatives or liberals to demonize the other side, because we all eventually have to work together. And when we do sit down and work together, it's often surprising how many points of agreement we can reach on issues like gun control and abortion.

Good post and I agree with you.

But, it is not just "you guys". The left has its fair share of liberals that look at the country like this:

Conservatives (the bad guys)
Liberals (the good guys)

You are one of the exceptions.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:37 AM

Liberals (the bad guys)

I laugh when you guys say WE have divided the country

Lok what is going on right now. Libs in CA targeting people and companies who voted against gay marriage

Ohio state computers used to get personla info on Joe the plumber because he asked Obama a question

Acts of violence on McCain supporters during the election. Offices shot at, and people assualted.

A hotel in MD was targeted because they have a McCain/Palin sign outside the hotel

Dems saying they want to bring back the Fairness Doctine so conseravtive talk radio can be taken off the air

After 8 years of hate the left has shown Pres Bush, you have the gall to demand we now forget the past - and work together?

Please!!!!!

GW in Ohio
11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
I laugh when you guys say WE have divided the country

Lok what is going on right now. Libs in CA targeting people and companies who voted against gay marriage

Ohio state computers used to get personla info on Joe the plumber because he asked Obama a question

Acts of violence on McCain supporters during the election. Offices shot at, and people assualted.

A hotel in MD was targeted because they have a McCain/Palin sign outside the hotel

Dems saying they want to bring back the Fairness Doctine so conseravtive talk radio can be taken off the air

After 8 years of hate the left has shown Pres Bush, you have the gall to demand we now forget the past - and work together?

Please!!!!!

Do whatever you want.

Continue to gather up and treasure those "nuggets of information" detailing the infamy and hostility of the left, no matter how stupid or irrelevant they are.

And continue to simmer in your hatred of liberals.

I'm sorry for you...

red states rule
11-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Do whatever you want.

Continue to gather up and treasure those "nuggets of information" detailing the infamy and hostility of the left, no matter how stupid or irrelevant they are.

And continue to simmer in your hatred of liberals.

I'm sorry for you...

GW all anyone has to do is go back and read YOUR posts. You have been one of the main Bush haters and now you demand everyone work together?

Sorry if the facts I listed got in your way once again

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
GW all anyone has to do is go back and read YOUR posts. You have been one of the main Bush haters and now you demand everyone work together?

He's right, GW. Do you really think we have such short memories? What kind of graciousness and "working together" have you displayed? I must have missed it. Is it so easy to ask others to do what neither you nor your party have done yourselves? Why didn't you set an example for us when you had the chance?

Btw, I don't need or want your condescending "sorrow" for me. I am far from the bitter loser that you seem to want to portray us as. But I do not forget so easily what you all have done to our President for 8 years. Or Gov. Palin for that matter. Karma can be a real pain, huh?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 02:10 PM
He's right, GW. Do you really think we have such short memories? What kind of graciousness and "working together" have you displayed? I must have missed it. Is it so easy to ask others to do what neither you nor your party have done yourselves? Why didn't you set an example for us when you had the chance?

Btw, I don't need or want your condescending "sorrow" for me. I am far from the bitter loser that you seem to want to portray us as. But I do not forget so easily what you all have done to our President for 8 years. Or Gov. Palin for that matter. Karma can be a real pain, huh?

Here is one example of GW's "bipartisanship"

If the FBI is still keeping a close eye on the KKK, you better watch out yourself.

The out-and-out racism of many members of this board is amazing. At least you're all clustered here, sharing your smarmy little racist sentiments, and not fouling society at large.

It would really piss some of you guys off if we had a president named Barack Hussein Obama, wouldn't it?

Could happen.

Would that mean that some of you will be fitting those scopes on your rifles, and looking for a chance to take him out?

GW in Ohio
11-14-2008, 03:43 PM

I loathe and despise George Bush and every time I think of the damage done by his Iraq war, my anger rises.

But I don't hate conservatives, or Republicans.

There is a difference.

Some of you guys here condemn all liberals. Some go further and say liberals are the enemy, that they are evil.

This is the kind of stuff that has been promulgated by Rush Limbaugh for about 20 years. Limbaugh has done more than anyone else to poison the political atmosphere and turn Americans against other Americans for partisan political purposes.

He is a piece of shit.

GW in Ohio
11-14-2008, 03:46 PM

I've said some of you here have behaved like partisan assholes....which you have.

But I never said all Republicans and conservatives are partisan assholes. They are not.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I loathe and despise George Bush and every time I think of the damage done by his Iraq war, my anger rises.

But I don't hate conservatives, or Republicans.

There is a difference.

Some of you guys here condemn all liberals. Some go further and say liberals are the enemy, that they are evil.

This is the kind of stuff that has been promulgated by Rush Limbaugh for about 20 years. Limbaugh has done more than anyone else to poison the political atmosphere and turn Americans against other Americans for partisan political purposes.

He is a piece of shit.

The lefts hate of pres bush is common knowledge. Despite his efforts to reach out and his "new tone"

Who will you hate after Jan 20, 2009 GW? Where will you direct your hate and rage?

I suspect anyone who disagrees with your messiah

As far as Rush, he tells the truth about liberals and that is what pisses you off. If you want hate radio, listen to Air America - if you can find a station that carries it