PDA

View Full Version : Iran pushes a little more

CSM
03-23-2007, 07:38 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17752685/

UK says 15 soldiers detained by Iranian navy
Ministry summons Iranian ambassador, seeks immediate return of troops

So Iran pushes a little more. Makes you wonder what they are trying to provoke.

krisy
03-23-2007, 04:26 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17752685/

UK says 15 soldiers detained by Iranian navy
Ministry summons Iranian ambassador, seeks immediate return of troops

So Iran pushes a little more. Makes you wonder what they are trying to provoke.

Their a bunch of s.o.b.'s You wouldn't think they would want this kind of attention right now. I was reading this on the Fox website and wondering to myself how they can prove the British were in Iranian waters. They probably can't

Yurt
03-23-2007, 09:11 PM
What strikes me as absolutely stupid is:

Imagine the headlines reversed -

Iran says 15 soldiers detained by British/Us navy

Gaffer
03-23-2007, 09:53 PM
They want to start another hostage situation. You can bet those sailors and marines are not being treated like guests. They are going to use these guys to try to get leverage in the un concerning the sanctions. Definately worth keeping an eye on.

krisy
03-24-2007, 11:17 AM
An update

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1257356,00.html

Notice how the Iranians claim that the British men have now admitted they were in Iranian waters....rrrrright.

I get chills when I hear about anyone being captured in that part of the world. I hope the Brits will remain tough on this...I'm sure they will.

gabosaurus
03-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Notice how the Iranians claim that the British men have now admitted they were in Iranian waters....rrrrright.

I thought the same thing about the news where the "captured insurgents" began confessing to everything short of rigging the 2000 General Election.

Dilloduck
03-24-2007, 01:04 PM
An update

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1257356,00.html

I get chills when I hear about anyone being captured in that part of the world. I hope the Brits will remain tough on this...I'm sure they will.

It's probably a little hint of what's to come should tighter sanctions be imposed on Iran.

krisy
03-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I thought the same thing about the news where the "captured insurgents" began confessing to everything short of rigging the 2000 General Election.

AN obvious exagerration,but that is the norm from you,isn't it? My post is out of concern for 15 British sailors who have been captured by a bunch of nutcases who are capable of anything. Innocent men. My post was not meant for your childish one liner reponses and silly bullshit....thanks

BTW,gab do you think the U.S. will be cutting off the heads of those insurgents too?

Hobbit
03-24-2007, 02:26 PM
If Mohammad Atta was tortured into his confession, then we did a crappy job. We already have enough to execute him three times over with no confession. We were trying to get him to implicate others, which he didn't do.

Gaffer
03-24-2007, 09:14 PM

we expect that kind of comment from a jihahist like you. :pee: allah

loosecannon
03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Iran is pushing?

We arrested 300 Iranians in Iraq, seized two diplomatic outposts, moved two new carrier groups into the region, began numerous war exercises, threated war for over a year in the press, imposed UN sanctions, declared them the axis of evil, purportedly have been conducting clandestine operations within their homeland for well over a year to gather intelligence, and have surely played fast and loose with the airspace and waterway boundaries.

Not to mention invading and occupying BOTH of their neighbors

Iran is pushing?

OK, fine. I am God. Satisfied?

loosecannon
03-24-2007, 11:51 PM
If Mohammad Atta was tortured into his confession, then we did a crappy job. We already have enough to execute him three times over with no confession. We were trying to get him to implicate others, which he didn't do.

Hmmmmm. Seee I know very little about the M Atta situation. But I do know one thing, or two.

He was tortured. The CIA said so, even said that they admired his abilities to withstand waterboarding for more than two minutes. They even said that the CIA guys who experienced waterboarding lasted maybe 17 seconds.

And i know that his confessional was a crock.

Surely he did some of what he confessed to.

Surely he did not do it all.

Any fool, everybody knows that.

He never rolled? Well that kinda makes the whole thing look like BS.

Who would confess to 165,000 crimes under torture and never roll?

Gaffer
03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Iran is pushing?

We arrested 300 Iranians in Iraq, seized two diplomatic outposts, moved two new carrier groups into the region, began numerous war exercises, threated war for over a year in the press, imposed UN sanctions, declared them the axis of evil, purportedly have been conducting clandestine operations within their homeland for well over a year to gather intelligence, and have surely played fast and loose with the airspace and waterway boundaries.

Iran is pushing?

I thought you were suppose to be a partiot? Instead your a commie jihadi supporter like gaby.

I'm sure if there were 300 plus iranians in custody the liberal media would have been putting that out left and right. And I expect there have been a lot of clandestine ops going on in iran. Probably for a lot longer than one year. There has been an uprising going on in one of the western provinces and quite posibly it was US inspired, tho there is no proof of that. And wouldn't it be better to arm the populace and let them take back their own country instead of an invasion on our part. Or would that upset your plans for protesting an iran war as well?

You proving yourself to be a real anit-American comrade

loosecannon
03-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm sure if there were 300 plus iranians in custody the liberal media would have been putting that out left and right.

I am gonna spend 1 minute on a dial up connection to find you a link that you should have looked up yourself before you posted this embarrasingly uninformed post.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/13/world/middleeast/13strategy.html?ex=1326344400&en=a4ed95ec845674c5&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

that's 50 seconds

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21394064-2703,00.html

The US military also has arrested and interrogated hundreds of Iranians in Iraq. "The word went out last August for the military to snatch as many Iranians in Iraq as they can," a former senior intelligence official says. "They had 500 locked up at one time. We're working these guys and getting information from them. The White House goal is to build a case that the Iranians have been fomenting the insurgency and they've been doing it all along; that Iran is, in fact, supporting the killing of Americans." A Pentagon consultant confirms hundreds of Iranians have been captured by US forces in recent months. But he tells me that total includes many Iranian humanitarian and aid workers who "get scooped up and released in a short time", after they have been interrogated.

2.5 minutes, with a snail slow dial up connection.

Look this shit up before you make an ass outta yourself.

Gaffer
03-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I am gonna spend 1 minute on a dial up connection to find you a link that you should have looked up yourself before you posted this embarrasingly uninformed post.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/13/world/middleeast/13strategy.html?ex=1326344400&en=a4ed95ec845674c5&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

that's 50 seconds

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21394064-2703,00.html

The US military also has arrested and interrogated hundreds of Iranians in Iraq. "The word went out last August for the military to snatch as many Iranians in Iraq as they can," a former senior intelligence official says. "They had 500 locked up at one time. We're working these guys and getting information from them. The White House goal is to build a case that the Iranians have been fomenting the insurgency and they've been doing it all along; that Iran is, in fact, supporting the killing of Americans." A Pentagon consultant confirms hundreds of Iranians have been captured by US forces in recent months. But he tells me that total includes many Iranian humanitarian and aid workers who "get scooped up and released in a short time", after they have been interrogated.

2.5 minutes, with a snail slow dial up connection.

Look this shit up before you make an ass outta yourself.

So this is a bad thing? I know they were catching iranians for the last few months. They were in iraq helping the insurgents. That means they are the ENEMY. What part of that don't you understand? Only the times would believe there are iranian humanitrian workers in iraq. And there's no mention of how many of those workers there actually were. But you keep up your efforts to defame the military even if it's on dial up.

krisy
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
These guys could face a trial...geese

theHawk
03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Iran is pushing?

Iran is pushing?

So you condone the Iranians for arresting these british troops doing routine border patrol/searches?

At least we know what side you stand with.:lame2:

glockmail
03-26-2007, 01:50 PM

Now that we have these suckers surrounded its time to go in. With full support of the Brits, no less!

Gaffer
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Now that we have these suckers surrounded its time to go in. With full support of the Brits, no less!

And the Aussies and the french and most of the eastern europeans, yes even the french have moved a carrier group into the gulf and they are working in conjunction withone of our carrier groups. That place is getting crowded with naval vessels.

glockmail
03-26-2007, 04:06 PM
.... yes even the french have moved a carrier group into the gulf .....

Are they the boats with the 15 reverse speeds? ;)

Gaffer
03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Are they the boats with the 15 reverse speeds? ;)

And lots of white flags.

Gaffer
03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Iheard on the radio earlier that the sailors had all been released. haven't got much more info on it other than they were tormented and threaten repeatedly with mock executions and such. Where is the left on this? There should be an outcry against iran for mistreating these brits.

gabosaurus
03-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Shouldn't there be an outcry against Americans for mistreating whoever we have designated as "insrugents"?
Perhaps the Iranians merely sought to designate the Brits as "enemy combatants." They have as much evidence to do so as we do.

Gaffer
03-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Shouldn't there be an outcry against Americans for mistreating whoever we have designated as "insrugents"?
Perhaps the Iranians merely sought to designate the Brits as "enemy combatants." They have as much evidence to do so as we do.

More of your jihad bullshit, stuff it ahab. :pee: allah

krisy
03-26-2007, 05:55 PM

How do you know if the Iranians have evidence? Were you there? Are they trustworthy?

Maybe you ought to live with them for a while since you take so kindly to them

krisy
03-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Watching Hannity and Colmes now.....they haven't been released. Iran will really use this against everyone to try and stop sanctions no doubt.

Gaffer
03-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Watching Hannity and Colmes now.....they haven't been released. Iran will really use this against everyone to try and stop sanctions no doubt.

yeah I just saw that too. Appearantly the ones they were talking about on the radio were the ones that were taken back in 04. So there's still a chance of serious confrontation. Maybe another naval battle with iran.

glockmail
03-26-2007, 08:17 PM
yeah I just saw that too. Appearantly the ones they were talking about on the radio were the ones that were taken back in 04. So there's still a chance of serious confrontation. Maybe another naval battle with iran.

Did you say serious? Well, the French vs. Iran, that might be serious. But Iran vs. GB Navy? Like shooting fish in a barrel. :coffee:

Gaffer
03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Did you say serious? Well, the French vs. Iran, that might be serious. But Iran vs. GB Navy? Like shooting fish in a barrel. :coffee:

You can bet it will be the UK navy and the US navy verses iran. I think they grabbed them thinking they were Americans. In two days there will be NO iranian navy. Probably worse than 87-88 when Reagan went after them for trying to mine the gulf. They lost half their navy when that occured.

krisy
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I read something yesterday that they were being forced to watch torture videos over and over. Tony Blair said today that this will soon go to the next level if something doesn't change soon. I really worry for these guys,and the one woman.

krisy
03-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm thinking GB should have no problem justifying agression. They did unjustifiably kidnap 15 sailors...right?

Gaffer
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm thinking GB should have no problem justifying agression. They did unjustifiably kidnap 15 sailors...right?

Yep and they have GPS proof of where these guys were when they were taken. The next phase is going to be military, because that's what comes after talks fail. And the Brits won't be going it alone. iran is either going to give them up or face the war they are looking for. But it won't end the way they anticipate.

glockmail
03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Yep and they have GPS proof of where these guys were when they were taken. The next phase is going to be military, because that's what comes after talks fail. And the Brits won't be going it alone. iran is either going to give them up or face the war they are looking for. But it won't end the way they anticipate. For the life of me I can't understand why Iran did this. They are stupid, but can't possibly be this stupid. I can only think of two possibilities:
1. They believe the crap the Democrats and MSM say and think the US is stretched too thin to do anything about it.
2. They've got a nuke and want to use it.

Gaffer
03-27-2007, 10:45 PM
For the life of me I can't understand why Iran did this. They are stupid, but can't possibly be this stupid. I can only think of two possibilities:
1. They believe the crap the Democrats and MSM say and think the US is stretched too thin to do anything about it.

Probably both.

I have to wonder if they think that using a nuke will result in our using just one in response. I don't think they realize what using a nuke would get them in return. And i don't think they realize what starting a war with the US and UK will mean for them.

There's at least four carrier groups in the gulf right now. Don't know what the Brits have there. And at least two amphibious assault groups. The US and French are doing "excersizes" there now. Which means they are scoping out the shore defenses. Anti-air units that turn on their radar to watch the aircraft and intimidate are noted for future bomb runs. irans ports and navy will be gone in two days.

glockmail
03-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Probably both...... After watching O'Reilly on this last night, I'm thinking that they want to rachet up the belligerence, try to force concessions on sanctions, show some crowds burning Bush and Blair in efficy and chanting allah and shit, and after the headlines die down quietly give the guys up. That way they can say the US and Britain are powerless and scared of them. That is how Saddam got so powerful, and the latest Mackmoud is doing the same thing. :pee:

How do you effectively respond to crap like that?

Nuc
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
For the life of me I can't understand why Iran did this. They are stupid, but can't possibly be this stupid. I can only think of two possibilities:

1. Like they care or understand how the US media works! Grow up.
2. On themselves? Because that's more likely than anyone else.

theHawk
03-28-2007, 09:58 AM
For the life of me I can't understand why Iran did this. They are stupid, but can't possibly be this stupid.

Yes, they are stupid. They are 3rd world anti-American muslim extremists that have been brainwashed in their country to believe the West is Satan. Watch some of thier anti-American propaganda and it becomes obvious only people with less than 60 IQ could possibly believe any of that crap.

krisy
03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
They may be giving a little. Fox news reported earlier that they may be releasing the woman among the 15 today or tomorrow.

krisy
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Another update

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261881,00.html

Notice in the story that the Iranians changed their coordinates of where the British were after they realised that even their(Iran's) coordinates proved them to be in Iraqi waters,not Iran's.

mrg666
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Iran is pushing?

Iran is pushing?

personaly id bomb the bastards
but we have enough on our plates without getting into another (front}
but i think it will come the mentalities in this part of the world havent changed since the crusades and they arent gonna change
they are still medevil savages who let there totaly uin modernised religeon lead them with values that were being practiced 100's of years ago
its a good job the aztecs arent still here

Nuc
03-28-2007, 04:29 PM
They may be giving a little. Fox news reported earlier that they may be releasing the woman among the 15 today or tomorrow.

That is so silly. Why should the woman be treated any differently than the men?

Kathianne
03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
That is so silly. Why should the woman be treated any differently than the men?

Why women wear hajib, but not men, unless trying to pose as women to get through customs?

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 05:09 PM
They are showing good faith to drag out the talks longer.

krisy
03-29-2007, 11:36 AM
They are showing good faith to drag out the talks longer.

Not anymore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=444500&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

These pricks need to be talken care of now. The parading that is going on is unacceptable,and I did wonder to myself why the British didn't fight to save these sailors,but I'm sure they had good reason if that's what they say.

I'm sure Bush is watching this closely. They were talking on the radio this morning about how in the last hostage crisis with Iran,they were released as soon as Reagan went into office.

International pressure needs to be put on them,but they are so cocky,I don't know if it will help

glockmail
03-29-2007, 11:48 AM
1. Like they care or understand how the US media works! Grow up.
2. On themselves? Because that's more likely than anyone else.

1. I think they understand exactly how the Democrats and MSM work, and are taking full advantage of same. They're not as dumb as they act.
2. Suitcase delivery to downtown Tel Aviv, or container encased in a led drum to New York Harbor. Either delivery method is within their capabilities.

theHawk
03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Now they aren't going to release the female, they may put them all on trial.

I hope the Brits decide this action warrants bombs.

Lots of bombs....

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:53 PM

No, they justified it. It's the justification that's under scrutiny. Britain says they weren't in Iranian territorial waters, Iran says the opposite. I think Iran is full of it, although now they're alleging that British ships came into their territory four times previous to this and they've got a taped confession of guilt on the part of the British from the lone, female captive. Whether it's real or forced is yet another question. :dunno:

grunt
03-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Now they aren't going to release the female, they may put them all on trial.

I hope the Brits decide this action warrants bombs.

Lots of bombs....

With just the US Navy, we could sit back all day long and just obliterate the Iranian navy and airforce. With the Brits helping???!!!!! Now, lol, that's really unfair!!

theHawk
03-29-2007, 12:56 PM
that's really unfair!!

Thats the idea in war.

grunt
03-29-2007, 12:56 PM
No, they justified it. It's the justification that's under scrutiny. Britain says they weren't in Iranian territorial waters, Iran says the opposite. I think Iran is full of it, although now they're alleging that British ships came into their territory four times previous to this and they've got a taped confession of guilt on the part of the British from the lone, female captive. Whether it's real or forced is yet another question. :dunno:

Yea, it's not like the Iranians have ever forced hostages to "confess". How old are you? Do you even remember the Iranian hostage crisis in the '80's?

grunt
03-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Thats the idea in war.

:dance:

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Yea, it's not like the Iranians have ever forced hostages to "confess". How old are you? Do you even remember the Iranian hostage crisis in the '80's?

Whether it's real or forced is yet another question. Genius. We won't actually know for sure until the woman is released and is able to tell us if her confession was forced. Until then, we can only speculate. It's educated speculation, but speculation none-the-less.

theHawk
03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
We don't need to speculate, if the Brit's satelite photos show it to be false.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Don't spin what I said. I said we can only speculate as to the authenticity of the female prisoner's confession. Whether the Brits who were captured were within their territorial rights I think is beyond the pale at this point.

glockmail
03-29-2007, 01:57 PM

Don't spin what I said. I said we can only speculate as to the authenticity of the female prisoner's confession. Whether the Brits who were captured were within their territorial rights I think is beyond the pale at this point.

You both realize thet the exact location of the vessel is a moot point, don't you? Even if the Brits were in Irans waters, the Iranians had no right to capture them, as the Iranians are not officially involved in the Iraq conflict.

grunt
03-29-2007, 02:16 PM

"Beyond the pale"??? What are you some 16th Century Englishman? :cool:

Dolt.

krisy
03-29-2007, 03:34 PM
One of the articles I posted yesterday said that GB had pictures to prove they were not in Iranian waters. Supposedly a press conference was supposed to happen today to show this. If they can prove they weren't(and I'm sure they weren't) that SHOULD get the rest of the world behind them. Of course,since they are our friends(the evil U.S)....who knows?

glockmail
03-29-2007, 03:42 PM
One of the articles I posted yesterday said that GB had pictures to prove they were not in Iranian waters. Supposedly a press conference was supposed to happen today to show this. If they can prove they weren't(and I'm sure they weren't) that SHOULD get the rest of the world behind them. Of course,since they are our friends(the evil U.S)....who knows? There will be some US Liberals and anti-US Europeans that will say the photos are good photoshops.

stephanie
03-29-2007, 04:02 PM
There will be some US Liberals and anti-US Europeans that will say the photos are good photoshop's.

Already been done..
I'm trying to find where I saw it..

theHawk
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM

If a crime never happened then how could you "speculate" if the confession to it is real? :lame2:

grunt
03-29-2007, 04:19 PM
If a crime never happened then how could you "speculate" if the confession to it is real? :lame2:

SHHHHHHHH!!! You'll ruin his fantasy world! :laugh2:

krisy
04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
What a great day!!!

Fox News is reporting that the 15 British sailors are to be released today!!!

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I'll bet they won't be allowed to tell what actually happened while they were held. Wouldn't want to show iran for the evil country it really is.

theHawk
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Yea and CNN international is going on about how "diplomacy can work". You've got to hand it to Ahmenajad, he knows how to play the media like a fiddle.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Yea and CNN international is going on about how "diplomacy can work". You've got to hand it to Ahmenajad, he knows how to play the media like a fiddle.

It can work the same as talking to a rabid dog.

glockmail
04-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I'll bet they won't be allowed to tell what actually happened while they were held. Wouldn't want to show iran for the evil country it really is. They should have said that it was just like living "Lord of the Flies".