PDA

View Full Version : 2008 County by County Map

darin
11-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Very interesting!

http://images.newsmax.com/misc/2008_Election_Map.jpg

I've often said Eastern Washington should become it's own state. Seems there are few other states so lined-up in their division of beliefs.

retiredman
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
it may be somewhat of an oversimplification, but for the most part, the blue counties are the ones where lots of PEOPLE live. the red counties are ones where lots of livestock live.... or just prairie dogs.:laugh2:

clearly, if elections were won by how many square miles you had instead of electoral votes, McCain would have won by a landslide!

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
it may be somewhat of an oversimplification, but for the most part, the blue counties are the ones where lots of PEOPLE live. the red counties are ones where lots of livestock live.... or just prairie dogs.:laugh2:

and you are what the livestock leave behind on the ground

retiredman
11-13-2008, 04:20 PM
and you are what the livestock leave behind on the ground

oooh. another witty post from RSR consisting solely of an insult. what else ya got, big shooter?:lol:

darin
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM

clearly, if elections were won by how many square miles you had instead of electoral votes, McCain would have won by a landslide!

It's not an overslimplification Virgil, it's patently false. It's a snide remark by an elitist.

What was the difference in total popular vote? 10M? The size of one large city?

(sigh). Again, Please go away.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
oooh. another witty post from RSR consisting solely of an insult. what else ya got, big shooter?:lol:

But then again given your huge belly you might be mistaken for livestock.

Like your post was a compliment to those folks who voted against Obama

LiberalNation
11-13-2008, 04:23 PM
wow, there are some huge counties out west.

retiredman
11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Like your post was a compliment to those folks who voted against Obama

it was an observation that square miles don't win elections. Winning lots of territory where nobody lives is not as important as winning the smaller pieces of territory where all the people live. Obama won the population centers. That is why there is such a small amount of blue on that map that accounts for many more votes than were cast for McCain in all those huge red chunks of land. get it? Of course not...you're dumb.:laugh2:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:27 PM
it was an observation that square miles don't win elections. Winning lots of territory where nobody lives is not as important as winning the smaller pieces of territory where all the people live. Obama won the population centers. That is why there is such a small amount of blue on that map that accounts for many more votes than were cast for McCain in all those huge red chunks of land. get it? Of course not...you're dumb.:laugh2:

What a shock the liberal big cities voted for the messiah - while the rural areas voted against him

The map shows there is not a huge amount of support for the libs - something you refuse to accept.

And you fall back on your usual tactic of insulting thsoe who reject liberalism

manu1959
11-13-2008, 04:28 PM
interesting ..... people that grow the food vote republican and people that need the food vote democrat.....

retiredman
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
What a shock the liberal big cities voted for the messiah - while the rural areas voted against him

The map shows there is not a huge amount of support for the libs - something you refuse to accept.

the map shows that McCain country is prairie dog country.

The stomping that Obama gave McCain in the electoral college shows there is huge support for Obama...something that YOU refuse to accept!:laugh2:

LiberalNation
11-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Is the whole of Alasaka one giant county. Did the eskimoes in the middle of nowhere get to vote.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Is the whole of Alasaka one giant county. Did the eskimoes in the middle of nowhere get to vote.

If dead people and illegals get to vote - why not eskimoes?

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I live in 2nd highest county by pop. in Illinois. We were red.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 04:50 PM

Damn, there may be hope for the state of IL after all

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Damn, there may be hope for the state of IL after all

No, unlikely. But still DuPage stayed Republican, though the Dems are making inroads.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 05:36 PM
No, unlikely. But still DuPage stayed Republican, though the Dems are making inroads.

We will see what happens after the second coming of Carter

IL even voted for Reagan

The ClayTaurus
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Very interesting!

I've often said Eastern Washington should become it's own state. Seems there are few other states so lined-up in their division of beliefs.I'm sure they'd be ok with it too. Of course, once the tax figures started to come in, tunes might be changed...

Silver
11-13-2008, 05:57 PM

Livestock ? Prairie dogs? Irrelevant

Livestock and prairie dogs don't vote....the folks that reside in those counties voted FOR McCain....just not enough of them to compete with the city ghettos where "under the bridge" dwellers vote for Dims...

retiredman
11-13-2008, 06:23 PM

Livestock and prairie dogs don't vote....the folks that reside in those counties voted FOR McCain....just not enough of them to compete with the city ghettos where "under the bridge" dwellers vote for Dims...

the point is: there is a lot of livestock and prairie dogs and not a whole hell of a lot of people. As stated, if the election were won by square miles instead of electoral votes, McCain would have won by a landslide. As it was, using electoral votes, Obama whipped his ass. Sorry. but not really.:laugh2:

an interesting demographic point: Obama won the college educated/post graduate educated voters by a significant margin. and last I checked, most of them did not live under the bridge. :lol:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 06:25 PM

That is Rev Virgil's way of showing respect to folks who do not live in the liberal meccas of America

retiredman
11-13-2008, 06:34 PM
That is Rev Virgil's way of showing respect to folks who do not live in the liberal meccas of America

it is my way of explaining that total area is not as important as total vote count. Your guy lost... and in the electoral college, he lost big!

Say...who did YOU vote for for President, RSR?

gabosaurus
11-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Yet another attempt to disguise the overwhelming mandate that Obama received from the American public.
A much larger mandate than Herr Bush received in 2000 or 2004, by the way.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Yet another attempt to disguise the overwhelming mandate that Obama received from the American public.
A much larger mandate than Herr Bush received in 2000 or 2004, by the way.

Mandate?

Do you mean Barney Frank?

gabosaurus
11-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Read the statement I posted and then reply. Perhaps it will prove that you are not a brain-dead moron after all.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Read the statement I posted and then reply. Perhaps it will prove that you are not a brain-dead moron after all.

I did honey. The only mandate I know if good ol' Barney Frank

Immanuel
11-13-2008, 06:51 PM

It always happens like this, but still, I think you would have more respect for the people who live in those red countys, many of whom, I am sure you served with and whom served under you and quite possibly one or two who served over you.

Not a huge amount of support for libs? Upon what do you base this statement square mileage? The fact that Senator Obama won the areas of mass population should tell conservatives and Republicans something. It should tell them that they are not getting there message to the inner cities and that it is time for a new approach.

interesting ..... people that grow the food vote republican and people that need the food vote democrat.....

Good point.

My county was Blue? :( Do you think that maybe it had something to do with the fact that I voted for Bob Barr rather than John McCain?

Immie

-Cp
11-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Very interesting!

I've often said Eastern Washington should become it's own state. Seems there are few other states so lined-up in their division of beliefs.

Sure goes to show you that "global crowding" is sure a myth... jeesh..

manu1959
11-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Sure goes to show you that "global crowding" is sure a myth... jeesh..

this map makes ya wonder why all the stupid people crowd together like this........

Noir
11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't really see the point behind this thread, obama had the majority of the collage votes, and the greater popular vote. It may look uneven on a map but that is due to population density. So unless the conservitives are claiming that the system is unfair then I know not what can be debated.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't really see the point behind this thread, obama had the majority of the collage votes, and the greater popular vote. It may look uneven on a map but that is due to population density. So unless the conservitives are claiming that the system is unfair then I know not what can be debated.

Obama did win fair and square - but the map shows it was not the huge "mandate" libs are saying it was

A huge section of the country voted against him and his liberal policies

retiredman
11-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Obama did win fair and square - but the map shows it was not the huge "mandate" libs are saying it was

A huge section of the country voted against him and his liberal policies

and AGAIN...if the election were based upon square miles, McCain would have won by a landslide. The HUGE section of the country that voted against Obama is the section where the prairie dogs and the livestock outnumber the people.

deal with it.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:53 PM
and AGAIN...if the election were based upon square miles, McCain would have won by a landslide. The HUGE section of the country that voted against Obama is the section where the prairie dogs and the livestock outnumber the people.

deal with it.

The massive sections of red tell a different story - not the fairy tale you are sprewing

You deal with it Virgil

retiredman
11-13-2008, 07:54 PM
It always happens like this, but still, I think you would have more respect for the people who live in those red countys, many of whom, I am sure you served with and whom served under you and quite possibly one or two who served over you.

who said I didn't respect them?

Not a huge amount of support for libs? Upon what do you base this statement square mileage? The fact that Senator Obama won the areas of mass population should tell conservatives and Republicans something. It should tell them that they are not getting there message to the inner cities and that it is time for a new approach.

bingo

Good point.

maudlin point

My county was Blue? :( Do you think that maybe it had something to do with the fact that I voted for Bob Barr rather than John McCain?

Immie
no

retiredman
11-13-2008, 07:55 PM
The massive sections of red tell a different story - not the fairy tale you are sprewing

You deal with it Virgil

the massive sections of red are areas where there are more prairie dogs than people. you can't run away fro the ass whipping that McCain took.

And you never answered me...who did YOU vote for for President, maggot?

red states rule
11-13-2008, 07:58 PM
the massive sections of red are areas where there are more prairie dogs than people. you can't run away fro the ass whipping that McCain took.

Looks like Virgil is out to derail another good thread

Why don't you go work out on the treadmill and lose some of that lard around your midsection? There are adults trying to have a conversation

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Actually that statement isn't quite true, if it were the popular vote would also have been overwhelming, which it wasn't.

You are trying to derail?

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Looks like Virgil is out to derail another good thread

Why don't you go work out on the treadmill and lose some of that lard around your midsection? There are adults trying to have a conversation

YOu cannot escape the fact that square mileage does not elect presidents. Obama whipped McCain in the popular vote AND totally smoked his ass in the electoral college and you want to say, "But Hey, McCain won more real estate so it really isn't the blowout it seems to be"??????

And why are you afraid to say who you voted for?

We both know why....because it would make you a LIAR!!!!:lol:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:05 PM
YOu cannot escape the fact that square mileage does not elect presidents. Obama whipped McCain in the popular vote AND totally smoked his ass in the electoral college and you want to say, "But Hey, McCain won more real estate so it really isn't the blowout it seems to be"??????

And why are you afraid to say who you voted for?

We both know why....because it would make you a LIAR!!!!:lol:

The red sections show Obama did not win over a huge majority of the country

I said many times I voted for Gov Palin

Why are you trying to derail another thread Virgil?

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:09 PM

he won over a huge number of square miles. why are you having such a hard time to accept the fact that square miles - where no people live - does not win presidential elections?

And I am not trying to derail any thread...this thread is about the 2008 county by county map that you have stated proves that McCain was wildly popular and didn't really get thumped in the election last week.

Why don't YOU try to stay on topic and either answer my posts or run away?
maggot.

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM

so you did vote for McCain...I knew you were lying all along!:lol:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
he won over a huge number of square miles. why are you having such a hard time to accept the fact that square miles - where no people live - does not win presidential elections?

And I am not trying to derail any thread...this thread is about the 2008 county by county map that you have stated proves that McCain was wildly popular and didn't really get thumped in the election last week.

Why don't YOU try to stay on topic and either answer my posts or run away?
maggot.

I said Mccain lost - but it was not a blowout by Obama. Take a chill pill Virgil, and stop trying to derail another thread

Looks to me like massive sections of the country said no to liberalism

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I said Mccain lost - but it was not a blowout by Obama. Take a chill pill Virgil, and stop trying to derail another thread

Looks to me like massive sections of the country said no to liberalism

I am not trying to derail anything. I am on topic here.

And you are right...massive sections where nobody lives said no to liberalism. Most every place where lots of people live, said yes.

McCain got thumped and you lied when you said you would not cast your vote for McCain...I knew you were a party guy all along.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:16 PM

And you are right...massive sections where nobody lives said no to liberalism. Most every place where lots of people live, said yes.

McCain got thumped and you lied when you said you would not cast your vote for McCain...I knew you were a party guy all along.

So now places where nobocy lives casts votes? If that were true the sections would be blue. Only Dems get votes from people who do not exist

Cool your jets Virgil, or you may forced to find another thread to try try and derail :lol:

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 08:17 PM

If NO ONE lived in the red areas, the popular vote for Obama would have matched the electoral vote. It didn't. Get over it.

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:20 PM
So now places where nobocy lives casts votes? If that were true the sections would be blue. Only Dems get votes from people who do not exist

Cool your jets Virgil, or you may forced to find another thread to try try and derail :lol:

again...square miles mean shit. McCain wins the square miles race.... but yet, he got thumped in the election. Why? Because all the areas where he won are areas where hardly anyone lives...and all the areas where Obama won are areas where lots of people live.

I am on topic here, RSR. either talk about the map or run away.

But DO tell me...did you write in Sarah Palin for President, or did you vote for the McCain-Palin ticket like you said you would NOT do?

liar

Nukeman
11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
the point is: there is a lot of livestock and prairie dogs and not a whole hell of a lot of people. As stated, if the election were won by square miles instead of electoral votes, McCain would have won by a landslide. As it was, using electoral votes, Obama whipped his ass. Sorry. but not really.:laugh2:

an interesting demographic point: Obama won the college educated/post graduate educated voters by a significant margin. and last I checked, most of them did not live under the bridge. :lol:

Both of you REALLY need to rethink your bold ed part of your post.

The REAL majority of the voters in those high density metropolitan areas are undereducated welfare recipients. Believe it or not almost EVERY farmer has a degree in business management or agriculture, yet your so quick to dismiss those individuals as nothing more than livestock. How telling of your elitist attitude.

You will also note that a vast majority of the BEST colleges and universities in the country are located in those RED counties.

The biggest problem I have with your thought process, because WE are smart enough not to live on top of one another in a crowded city we must some how be inferior to you and your ilk. I guarantee that per capita there are much more college graduates in those "red" counties than in the "blue' counties. I dare you to look and find out....

By the way, screw you both and your elitism!!!!!

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Both of you REALLY need to rethink your bold ed part of your post.

The REAL majority of the voters in those high density metropolitan areas are undereducated welfare recipients. Believe it or not almost EVERY farmer has a degree in business management or agriculture, yet your so quick to dismiss those individuals as nothing more than livestock. How telling of your elitist attitude.

You will also note that a vast majority of the BEST colleges and universities in the country are located in those RED counties.

The biggest problem I have with your thought process, because WE are smart enough not to live on top of one another in a crowded city we must some how be inferior to you and your ilk. I guarantee that per capita there are much more college graduates in those "red" counties than in the "blue' counties. I dare you to look and find out....

like I said...exit polling nationwide showed that Obama captured the educated vote - whereever they were living - by a large margin.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
like I said...exit polling nationwide showed that Obama captured the educated vote - whereever they were living - by a large margin.

There is a difference between being educated and having common sense
You are living proof of that

Nukeman
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
like I said...exit polling nationwide showed that ABM captured the educated vote - wherever they were living - by a large margin.Let me get this straight "a vote for McCain is a uneducated STUPID vote"

I can't believe you are such a pretentious ass

YOU are such an elitist pig....

Kathianne
11-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Let me get this straight "a vote for McCain is a uneducated STUPID vote"

Indeed. Please, don't tell me this caught you by surprise? ;)

Nukeman
11-13-2008, 08:36 PM
I just have to add WOW and FUCK YOU!!!!!!

I don't normally get this way with you MFM in fact I will usually call for tolerance for you and point out to others that you are right on a number of occasions but this is just pathetic.....

AS for the college educated vote is false, he received the college "STUDENT" vote those are not "educated" people they are just regurgitating what their professors want them to...

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:38 PM

I never said that...I said that exit polling data shows that Obama won the college and post graduate educated vote by a significant margin. That isn't my opinion. It is fact. Those voters used to be solidly in the republican camp. This time, they went with Obama. The republican party needs to ask itself why they lost them....

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:38 PM

With all due respect, please do not insult pigs like that again :laugh2:

retiredman
11-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I just have to add WOW and FUCK YOU!!!!!!

why is that? do facts bother you?
sorry

darin
11-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for ruining another thread, MFM