PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ayers: Barack Obama a 'family friend'

red states rule
11-13-2008, 06:10 PM
So much for Obama saying Ayers was just a guy in the neighborhood

Bill Ayers: Barack Obama a 'family friend'

In a new afterword to his memoir, 1960s radical William Ayers describes himself as a "family friend" of President-elect Barack Obama and writes that the campaign controversy over their relationship was an effort by Obama's political enemies to "deepen a dishonest narrative" about the candidate.

Ayers describes phone threats and hate e-mail he received during the campaign, and he bemoans Obama's guilt by association.

During the campaign, Ayers' friendship with Obama was a favorite subject of conservative bloggers and talk show hosts who insisted the two were closer than the candidate was admitting. Ayers' new description of the relationship seems to contradict Obama's statements.

Obama had dismissed Ayers as "a guy who lives in my neighborhood" and "somebody who worked on education issues in Chicago that I know."

A campaign spokesman told The New York Times last month that Ayers and Obama hadn't spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Obama became a U.S. senator in January 2005. Obama himself denounced the "detestable acts" Ayers engaged in during the Vietnam era.

In the updated version of his 2001 book "Fugitive Days," Ayers calls into question one of the more incendiary quotes attributed to him during the campaign: "I'm nowadays quoted as saying, 'I don't regret setting bombs. I wish we'd set more bombs. I don't think we did enough

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/obama/chi-bill-ayers-barack-obama-book,0,1806710.story

Nukeman
11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow, Bambam lied about something, say it ain't so.

Us poor uneducated red county dwellers just can't fathom a politician lying. It's a good thing we have all them smart dems to look out for us.

red states rule
11-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Wow, Bambam lied about something, say it ain't so.

Us poor uneducated red county dwellers just can't fathom a politician lying. It's a good thing we have all them smart dems to look out for us.

Now Obama did not lie

His quotes must have been taken out of context by the right wing smear machine :laugh2:

Strange how the truth about Obama is coming out AFTER the election

Nukeman
11-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Now Obama did not lie

His quotes must have been taken out of context by the right wing smear machine :laugh2:

Strange how the truth about Obama is coming out AFTER the election

with the MSM in your back pocket it isn't that strange. :coffee:

red states rule
11-13-2008, 09:06 PM
with the MSM in your back pocket it isn't that strange. :coffee:

I would not be surprised if Obama made Chris Matthews his Press Sec

He does have to pay them back for all the protection he got from them

Yurt
11-14-2008, 10:42 AM
jan 21 2009:

folks, i, uh, um, just found out, uh, that i, um, am not a natural born citizen. but thats ok folks, because i, uh, believed i was, and now that we are here, let's move forward for CHANGE!

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Did anyone expect anything different?

The relationship was detrimental to Barack Obama during the campaign. I see "Mr. Secretary" in front of Bill Ayers name coming very soon.

But remember according to the article and his own words (read further down) he wasn't the terrorist he was made out to be. I understand he really is a respectable man according to the Chicago Elite.

Honestly, I would like to audit one of his classes. I imagine it would be very interesting.

Immie

stephanie
11-14-2008, 10:56 AM
you know this country is lost, when they elevate a domestic terrorist to one of the "GOOD GUYS."

and the scary thing is this person is teaching our children..

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Now the terrorist is making the rounds of the liberal media shows

Bill Ayers on 'Good Morning America'

Ayers: 'I knew him probably as well as thousands of other Chicagoans'

By Rex W. Huppke | Tribune reporter
8:36 AM CST, November 14, 2008

Mixed in with weather updates and a Barbara Walters interview with a pregnant man, 1960s radical and presidential campaign lightning rod Bill Ayers appeared Friday on "Good Morning America" and spoke at length about his past relationship with Barack Obama.

"I knew Barack Obama, absolutely. And I knew him probably as well as thousands of other Chicagoans," Ayers said. "And like millions of other people worldwide, I wish I knew him better right now."

Ayers, now a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, calmly dismissed any belief that he and Obama are covering up a deeper bond.

"This idea that we need to know more, like there's some dark hidden secret, some secret link, is just a myth, and it's a myth thrown up by people that wanted to exploit the politics of fear," Ayers said. "And I think it's a great credit to the American people that those politics were rejected. The idea that we should continue to be frightened and worried and barricaded is falling down, and it should."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-bill-ayers-good-morning-america,0,3290930.story

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 11:20 AM
"This idea that we need to know more, like there's some dark hidden secret, some secret link, is just a myth, and it's a myth thrown up by people that wanted to exploit the politics of fear," Ayers said. "And I think it's a great credit to the American people that those politics were rejected. The idea that we should continue to be frightened and worried and barricaded is falling down, and it should."

Oh my Lord, this man used terrorism to frighten to country in the 60's and now he thinks it is great that the American people rejected the politics of fear?

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh my Lord, this man used terrorism to frighten to country in the 60's and now he thinks it is great that the American people rejected the politics of fear?

Immie

Watch this video of Ayers calling the Police on a Fox News reporter. He calls the same Police he wanted to murder with his bombs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Gh4tspUL7I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Gh4tspUL7I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Immanuel
11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Watch this video of Ayers calling the Police on a Fox News reporter. He calls the same Police he wanted to murder with his bombs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Gh4tspUL7I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Gh4tspUL7I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You (or someone else) posted it a couple of weeks ago. I saw it then. Don't need to watch it again.

Immie

Yurt
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM

Immie

that is an astute point

GW in Ohio
11-19-2008, 08:45 AM
So much for Obama saying Ayers was just a guy in the neighborhood

Bill Ayers: Barack Obama a 'family friend'

In a new afterword to his memoir, 1960s radical William Ayers describes himself as a "family friend" of President-elect Barack Obama and writes that the campaign controversy over their relationship was an effort by Obama's political enemies to "deepen a dishonest narrative" about the candidate.

Ayers describes phone threats and hate e-mail he received during the campaign, and he bemoans Obama's guilt by association.

During the campaign, Ayers' friendship with Obama was a favorite subject of conservative bloggers and talk show hosts who insisted the two were closer than the candidate was admitting. Ayers' new description of the relationship seems to contradict Obama's statements.

Obama had dismissed Ayers as "a guy who lives in my neighborhood" and "somebody who worked on education issues in Chicago that I know."

A campaign spokesman told The New York Times last month that Ayers and Obama hadn't spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Obama became a U.S. senator in January 2005. Obama himself denounced the "detestable acts" Ayers engaged in during the Vietnam era.

In the updated version of his 2001 book "Fugitive Days," Ayers calls into question one of the more incendiary quotes attributed to him during the campaign: "I'm nowadays quoted as saying, 'I don't regret setting bombs. I wish we'd set more bombs. I don't think we did enough

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/obama/chi-bill-ayers-barack-obama-book,0,1806710.story

Pssssssst.....

RSR........

The election's over. The mud-slinging season has concluded.

Furthermore, nobody gave a crap about that Ayers thing during the campaign (except hard-core right wingers who wear those bracelets with the letters WWRD?....."What would Rush Limbaugh Do?").

stephanie
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Pssssssst.....

RSR........

Furthermore, nobody gave a crap about that Ayers thing during the campaign (except hard-core right wingers who wear those bracelets with the letters WWRD?....."What would Rush Limbaugh Do?").

go tell your Du or dailykos friends that, they are still mud slinging..

and most people "actually care" about their country and what Ayers did, not like you liberals who only spew that you do...

retiredman
11-19-2008, 10:45 AM
go tell your Du or dailykos friends that, they are still mud slinging..

and most people "actually care" about their country and what Ayers did, not like you liberals who only spew that you do...

if, as you say, "most people actually care" about the Bill Ayers thing, why did Obama win by such a convincing margin?

Can you explain that please?

stephanie
11-19-2008, 11:06 AM
if, as you say, "most people actually care" about the Bill Ayers thing, why did Obama win by such a convincing margin?

Can you explain that please?

wtf?
did I anywhere connect the two in my post..

now, off on your merry way..

Yurt
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Pssssssst.....

RSR........

funny coming from one who did nothing but mudsling at bush his entire term

retiredman
11-19-2008, 01:22 PM
wtf?
did I anywhere connect the two in my post..

now, off on your merry way..
you didn't connect anything. You made the statement that "most people actually care" about the Bill Ayers connection. I asked you to explain, if that were indeed correct, why "most people" voted for Obama for president. can you do that?

stephanie
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
you didn't connect anything. You made the statement that "most people actually care" about the Bill Ayers connection. I asked you to explain, if that were indeed correct, why "most people" voted for Obama for president. can you do that?

wrong..I didn't say anything about a connection..I said most people care what Bill Ayers DID..except the liberals could give a shit less and will probably want to give him a medal or a chest to pin it on...

retiredman
11-19-2008, 01:37 PM
wrong..I didn't say anything about a connection..I said most people care what Bill Ayers DID..except the liberals could give a shit less and will probably want to give him a medal or a chest to pin it on...

if "most people cared about what Ayers did", why were they not concerned enough about the fact that Obama served on a nonprofit board with him or that he held a fundraiser in Ayer's living room to not vote for him?

stephanie
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
if "most people cared about what Ayers did", why were they not concerned enough about the fact that Obama served on a nonprofit board with him or that he held a fundraiser in Ayer's living room to not vote for him?

nickname-pete and repeat..

what else can I say, most people who voted for him are idiots??

:bye1:

Sitarro
11-19-2008, 02:30 PM

Most educated people that actually pay attention to what is going on around them are concerned, Osama voters aren't those people. Osama voters are overwhelmingly uneducated, political infants and voted for two reasons...... skin color and the idea that they were participating in "History".

Immanuel
11-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Osama voters are overwhelmingly uneducated, political infants and voted for two reasons...... skin color and the idea that they were participating in "History".

There was a third reason people voted for Obama. Many of them believed he was going to pay their bills and they would not have to worry about money any longer.

He snookered them.

Immie

retiredman
11-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Most educated people that actually pay attention to what is going on around them are concerned, Osama voters aren't those people. Osama voters are overwhelmingly uneducated, political infants and voted for two reasons...... skin color and the idea that they were participating in "History".

the exit polling demographics tell a different story. Obama won the college education vote..and the post graduate education vote.

red states rule
11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
the exit polling demographics tell a different story. Obama won the college education vote..and the post graduate education vote.

and the Obama voetrs wer total idots who did not know anything about their boy

The vido of the Obama voters not knowing anything about the current Congress, and could not say who Ayers was - is telling about the liberal media and the stupidity of Obama voters