PDA

View Full Version : I was told...

AlbumAddict
11-13-2008, 11:25 PM
...to introduce myself here. So for one of the few times in my life, I decided to do what I was told!

I hate our two party system. I believe in campaign finance reform, term limits and two elections for president - one to narrow it down to two candidates and the second as the runoff, guaranteeing a 50%+ victory.

I believe in redefining the Electoral College (not abolishing it). State electoral votes should be split based on the popular vote percentages.

The biggest issues in our country, for me, are (in no particular order):

1. Campaign Reform (finance, Electoral College, runoff elections, etc.)
2. Tax Reform (Fair tax or Flat Tax...we need some major change:smirk)
3. Education Reform (get it out of federal hands and back to the states, let standardized testing be a tool not an end all, pay teachers what they're worth)
4. Welfare Reform (talk about term limits...um, hello? I think a year or two is plenty sufficient for getting back on your feet)

That's about it for now. Thanks for reading and I look forward to "meeting" everyone!

Oh yeah...I also hate being called AA, I'm not a support group! Pretty please call me Mike or Album. Thanks!!! (((hugs)))

Abbey Marie
11-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Well, Mike, that's all well and good, but we want to know the personal stuff.

Turn ons
Turn offs

You know... ;)

stephanie
11-13-2008, 11:33 PM
welcome aboard..:thumb:

Yurt
11-13-2008, 11:52 PM
come on in, let the fun begin

darin
11-14-2008, 12:31 AM
You didn't introduce yourself AA...you just talked about political crap.

:D

AlbumAddict
11-14-2008, 12:38 AM
You didn't introduce yourself AA...you just talked about political crap.

:D

You called me "AA" and I thought the political crap is why we were all here. My bad.

darin
11-14-2008, 12:39 AM
You're in the LOUNGE... ;)

AlbumAddict
11-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Well, Mike, that's all well and good, but we want to know the personal stuff.

Turn ons
Turn offs

You know... ;)

Turn ons: Guys whose names start with "D", hammocks and the beach

Turn offs: Intelligent conversations, poetry and lying in the pool

Oh wait, I think I mixed those up!

darin
11-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Turn ons: Guys whose names start with "D", hammocks and the beach

Turn offs: Intelligent conversations, poetry and lying in the pool

Oh wait, I think I mixed those up!

That's hot.

AlbumAddict
11-14-2008, 12:45 AM
You're in the LOUNGE... ;)

of the "Political Discussion & Debate Group" I've got freakin' soldiers staring at me with an American flag everytime I type. Sorry for the confusion. I'll do better next time!

Trigg
11-14-2008, 01:08 PM
welcome aboard :salute:

Little-Acorn
11-14-2008, 01:17 PM
The biggest issues in our country, for me, are (in no particular order):

1. Campaign Reform (finance, Electoral College, runoff elections, etc.)
2. Tax Reform (Fair tax or Flat Tax...we need some major change:smirk)
3. Education Reform (get it out of federal hands and back to the states, let standardized testing be a tool not an end all, pay teachers what they're worth)
4. Welfare Reform (talk about term limits...um, hello? I think a year or two is plenty sufficient for getting back on your feet)

Were you about to add, taxation levels and spending levels? As long as government takes half our income in taxes, you're NEVER going to find a "tax system" that's "fair". Spreading it around with a Fair Tax or a Flat Tax or whatever, will make no difference.

Welcome to the asylum!

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the asylum!

Ha! :laugh2:

AlbumAddict
11-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the asylum!

Thanks! I already met the nurse...lol

11-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the asylum!

Im Abraham Lincoln:)

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 09:19 PM
of the "Political Discussion & Debate Group" I've got freakin' soldiers staring at me with an American flag everytime I type. Sorry for the confusion. I'll do better next time!

So, you have a problem with me the flag or both?

AlbumAddict
11-15-2008, 08:30 AM
So, you have a problem with me the flag or both?

Neither. There is a picture at the top of the flag and a bunch of soldiers. It was a *joke* about why I responded with my political concerns instead of a more "personal" introduction. Sorry if you took it personally. No offense intended.

Mr. P
11-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Neither. There is a picture at the top of the flag and a bunch of soldiers. It was a *joke* about why I responded with my political concerns instead of a more "personal" introduction. Sorry if you took it personally. No offense intended.

I didn't take it personally, just :poke:'in ya.

AlbumAddict
11-15-2008, 02:43 PM
I didn't take it personally, just :poke:'in ya.

Oh. Okay. Good. Then I don't have to :slap: you and I can :poke: you right back and now I don't think you're :lame2:!

Said1
11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh. Okay. Good. Then I don't have to :slap: you and I can :poke: you right back and now I don't think you're :lame2:!

OH, he's lame alright.