PDA

View Full Version : Bush Too Little Too Late on Bailouts?

JackDaniels
11-13-2008, 11:47 PM
This is my new favorite website...seem to be giving a kick to the behind of the GOP to get their limited government principles back in order...

Full Story: http://policyinaction.com/2008/11/bush-warns-against-too-much-government-in-markets-too-little-too-late/

This might be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic…

President George W. Bush today urged leaders of the world’s biggest economies not to abandon free- market capitalism as they seek an escape from the financial crisis, calling it the “best system” for delivering growth.

Uhhh…have you paid attention the last eight years, to things like this?

President Bush has presided over the largest overall increase in inflation-adjusted federal spending since Lyndon B. Johnson. Even after excluding spending on defense and homeland security, Bush is still the biggest-spending president in 30 years. His 2006 budget doesn’t cut enough spending to change his place in history, either.

Total government spending grew by 33 percent during Bush’s first term. The federal budget as a share of the economy grew from 18.5 percent of GDP on Clinton’s last day in office to 20.3 percent by the end of Bush’s first term.

The Republican Congress has enthusiastically assisted the budget bloat. Inflation-adjusted spending on the combined budgets of the 101 largest programs they vowed to eliminate in 1995 has grown by 27 percent.

And this?

…person were to ask you which recent president’s term in office was characterized by support for the so-called assault weapon ban, a huge increase in deficit spending, bigger budgets for virtually every domestic program—including Americorps and the National Endowment for the Arts—and signing into law a massive increase in federal government regulation of political speech, whose administration would you suspect they were describing? That of Democrat Bill Clinton? Nope. They’d be talking about the first term of Republican President George W. Bush…

And this?

Things have been getting worse recently. In the first five years of the Bush regime, federal spending increased 45%. Readers of Mises.org may remember that they were warned about Bush’s fiscal irresponsibility before he took office. For comparison’s sake, during the eight Clinton years nominal federal spending increased 32%, and under Bush I federal spending increased 23% in four years. In the 2000 election, Bush II promised to shovel money into all sorts of programs — and he’s kept that promise.

Since 1930, in addition to the spending increases, the feds also drove prices up more than 1,100%, according to the Consumer Price Index. Also, we should suspect that these inflation numbers are low since government officials have an incentive to underestimate inflation.

If we adjust the spending numbers to account for this inflation, real federal spending is 65 times larger than it was in 1930. The US population has more than doubled since 1930 and if we take the population changes into account, real per capita spending is 27 times higher than in 1930.

When limited government makes a return, it will come through the Republican Party. But the GOP won’t be led by the government-loving bureaucrats currently running the party.

Binky
11-14-2008, 03:11 AM
This is my new favorite website...seem to be giving a kick to the behind of the GOP to get their limited government principles back in order...

Full Story: http://policyinaction.com/2008/11/bush-warns-against-too-much-government-in-markets-too-little-too-late/

As I've said before in other postings, Bush and other politicians haven't been sitting idle. They've been busy little beavers.

diuretic
11-14-2008, 04:22 AM
They said Mises :laugh2:

Joe Steel
11-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Limited government is a prescription of disaster. Government should be big and affirmative. It should look for things to do and let no obstacle interfere with getting them done. If Bush is to be criticized, it should be for the objects of his policy not for their breadth.

Sitarro
11-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Limited government is a prescription of disaster. Government should be big and affirmative. It should look for things to do and let no obstacle interfere with getting them done. If Bush is to be criticized, it should be for the objects of his policy not for their breadth.

More dimwit comments from the dildo of the board, who could possibly give a shit what you attempt to say? Don't you have a cave to clean?

diuretic
11-14-2008, 06:47 AM
More dimwit comments from the dildo of the board, who could possibly give a shit what you attempt to say? Don't you have a cave to clean?

No. You're wrong. If you're doing a fraud inquiry know what the rule is? Follow the money. Have a look at the last 8 years. Now follow the money.

Where did your money go, your money, the US taxpayer, where did it go?

Where is it continuing to go right now, a couple of months before Obama takes over?

Did you vote for that? Did you vote for that once? Did you vote for it a second time?

Sitarro
11-14-2008, 07:00 AM
No. You're wrong. If you're doing a fraud inquiry know what the rule is? Follow the money. Have a look at the last 8 years. Now follow the money.

Where did your money go, your money, the US taxpayer, where did it go?

Where is it continuing to go right now, a couple of months before Obama takes over?

Did you vote for that? Did you vote for that once? Did you vote for it a second time?

I stubbed my toe this morning again, that damn Bush administration! What part of the blame does Congress get in all of this?

diuretic
11-14-2008, 07:02 AM
I stubbed my toe this morning again, that damn Bush administration! What part of the blame does Congress get in all of this?

You need to be careful about where you stick your feet you dill! Try using slippers :laugh2: