PDA

View Full Version : Inmate Too Fat For Jail

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Talk about insanity. How can this jerk be so fat after being in prison for 2 years???

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2008/Nov/Week2/15150864.jpg

A MORBIDLY obese Canadian inmate has been released months ahead of schedule because his prison was not adequately suited to hold a man of his girth, a parole board said today.

Michel "Big Mike" Lapointe, 37, had pleaded guilty to drug trafficking in February and in May was sentenced to five years in prison, less 20 months served awaiting trial.

But a judge later reduced his sentence because of hardships the 195-kilogram man claimed to have endured in a prison designed for smaller criminals.

This week, the Quebec Parole Board granted him early parole, saying in its decision he had been jailed for 25 months under "difficult conditions due to his health".

The parole board also noted that two halfway houses - residences designed to help convicts transition from jail back into society - had refused to take him in, and that he was well-behaved during his incarceration.

Lapointe, a former accountant for a drug trafficking ring, would not normally have been eligible for parole until February 2009, but according to his lawyer Clemente Monterosso, his health was deteriorating.

His jail cell bed was 25cm narrower than his body and he could not even sit on a chair, Mr Monterosso said in May.

"Finally it's over," Lapointe told the Journal de Montreal newspaper today. "I want a normal life. I made some mistakes and I paid for them."

"Now, I will finally have a decent bed and a chair I can sit on," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24649685-23109,00.html

Binky
11-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Well, not being able to sit or lie comfortably should have afforded him the time to get up and do some exercises. Maybe he should've tried doing some jumping jacks, bends, stretchs and moving, period. It would behoove someone to move on occasion so their joints don't sieze up and their muscles go lax.

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 01:57 PM
How much prison food are taxpayers in Canada paying for, that an inmate can get so fat?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 02:02 PM
How much prison food are taxpayers in Canada paying for, that an inmate can get so fat?

Perhaps the all you can eat buffet at the local Pizza Hut?

Perhaps Canada should take a page from our system, and put his fat ass on the side of the highways picking up trash, trimming the weeds, or cutting the grass

Little-Acorn
11-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Well, not being able to sit or lie comfortably should have afforded him the time to get up and do some exercises. Maybe he should've tried doing some jumping jacks, bends, stretchs and moving, period. It would behoove someone to move on occasion so their joints don't sieze up and their muscles go lax.

This could become lucrative for the fellow. They could pay him for his services as a seismograph tester. Who's better qualified?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
This could become lucrative for the fellow. They could pay him for his services as a seismograph tester. Who's better qualified?

Or they can become a preacher :laugh2:

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Lapointe, a former accountant for a drug trafficking ring

Please..this guy is not a threat to anyone..actually he's a good example of the un-winnable insane war on drugs and should never have been in jail to start with.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Please..this guy is not a threat to anyone..actually he's a good example of the un-winnable insane war on drugs and should never have been in jail to start with.

Drug dealers need to be put out of business. Many fine people have lost their lives to drugs, and these are ones who supply them

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Drug dealers need to be put out of business. Many fine people have lost their lives to drugs, and these are ones who supply them

He was an accountant for crying out load...We'll never stop the demand for drugs by focusing on suppliers. This "someone is responsible for another's death" argument can be applied to tobacco and alcohol as well..is it reasonable? NO. Where and when do individuals take responsibility for their own actions? The war on drugs is a waste of time and money, it will never be won.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
He was an accountant for crying out load...We'll never stop the demand for drugs by focusing on suppliers. This "someone is responsible for another's death" argument can be applied to tobacco and alcohol as well..is it reasonable? NO. Where and when do individuals take responsibility for their own actions? The war on drugs is a waste of time and money, it will never be won.

He was guilty of being for a drug trafficking ring. Was Al Capone's accountant an innocent bystander?

Tobacco and alcohol are legal products Mr P

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
He was guilty of being for a drug trafficking ring. Was Al Capone's accountant an innocent bystander?

Tobacco and alcohol are legal products Mr P

Yep, legal killing of the people who use them...I guess that "Legal" part makes it all ok.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Yep, legal killing of the people who use them...I guess that "Legal" part makes it all ok.

The government makes a ton of money off them - so what is your answer?

To much sun can kill you. To many Big Macs can kill you. To many pizzas can kill you

What is the answer?

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
The government makes a ton of money off them - so what is your answer?

To much sun can kill you. To many Big Macs can kill you. To many pizzas can kill you

What is the answer?

Legalize and tax.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Legalize and tax.

Well I hope when you take a trip, the cabbie driving you to the airport did not just smoke a joint; and the pilot of the plane is not shooting up right before landing

We can agree to disagree. Drugs is a dirty business that needs to be wiped out

MtnBiker
11-14-2008, 04:35 PM

Is that to say that anybody who drinks alcohol or uses tabacco dies from that use?

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Is that to say that anybody who drinks alcohol or uses tabacco dies from that use?
No, just as people don't die from a lil pot.

Well I hope when you take a trip, the cabbie driving you to the airport did not just smoke a joint; and the pilot of the plane is not shooting up right before landing

We can agree to disagree. Drugs is a dirty business that needs to be wiped out

There are laws against using "legal" drugs and driving or piloting and aircraft..yer argument is weak.

Moonshine was a dirty business too, until it was accepted that it wouldn't be stopped. Now we have good clean liquor and it's taxed out the ass..a win win.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
No, just as people don't die from a lil pot.

There are laws against using "legal" drugs and driving or piloting and aircraft..yer argument is weak.

Moonshine was a dirty business too, until it was accepted that it wouldn't be stopped. Now we have good clean liquor and it's taxed out the ass..a win win.

and before the government saw it could not be stopped, the mob made hundreds of milions and grew in size and power

and people die evry day due to drunk driving. A guy a went to high school was killed when a drunk hit him head on

My friend died; the drunk walked away with a few cuts

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
and before the government saw it could not be stopped, the mob made hundreds of milions and grew in size and power

and people die evry day due to drunk driving. A guy a went to high school was killed when a drunk hit him head on

My friend died; the drunk walked away with a few cuts

and the drug cartels are making even more and continuing operations. Bold enough now to even cross the border. It ain't workin bud.

What does people dying from another's lack of responsibility have to do with legality of alcohol?