PDA

View Full Version : And you thought YOUR bee problem was bad?

Little-Acorn
11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Check it out.....

http://d.imagehost.org/view/0017/2916b1b412ea44fc43c635ed5b492259.jpg

Some people are getting on this guy for killing honeybees, which I've heard are getting scarce. Hell, if it had been me, I'd have done the same (or worse), and then probably junked the BBQ......

Nukeman
11-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I have to agree with the people that are upset with the distruction of the hive! Allert Einstein stated that without bees we would see the fall of man within 5 years.

that hive took a while to build its not like this guy didn't know this was being built and if he didn't than he is an idiot. All you have to do is call the DNR and they will put you in contact with someone to REMOVE the hive to a safe place.

I rmember when I was younger we were cutting wood and fell a tree that ended up having a HUGE honey bee hive in it. We immediatly stopped cutting and had a bee handler come out and remove the hive. We got most of the honey but the bee's were safe..

It is a shame and a waste to destroy a hive just because they happend to locate in someones private proberty.....

Trigg
11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
He shouldn't have destroyed that hive, and this is coming from a person who is deathly allergic to honey bees.

HOW did he not realize that as being built on his back porch?????????????

Little-Acorn
11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
its not like this guy didn't know this was being built and if he didn't than he is an idiot.
It's not?

Read the text. He wanted to use his barbecue. Obviously he hadn't used it in a long time. He saw A FEW bees coming out from under the cover. So he set up a bug bomb to kill what was probably a small hive. When was the last time you saw a common appliance like that, with a huge hive in it? I NEVER have.

How do you come to the conclusion he "must have known" something that big was being built? Maybe you need to sue him for having faulty X-ray vision, eh?

All you have to do is call the DNR and they will put you in contact with someone to REMOVE the hive to a safe place.
Most of us do NOT immediately turn to government to solve our everyday problems... such as A FEW bees in a barbecue, which is all he saw. We don't even bother calling an exterminator. We just take care of it ourselves, y'know?

It is a shame and a waste to destroy a hive just because they happend to locate in someones private proberty.....
What hive? He saw a FEW bees, and probably figured there COULD be a few more. And maybe even a golf-ball-sized nest or something, tucked way up in there. I would have assumed that... and so would most people. And I sure wouldn't have removed the cover to check. I don't like being stung, and certainly don't like my family to get stung multiple times. Been there, done that. This guy's actions were perfectly reasonable.

This hysterical response of calling in the authorities, and/or spending hundreds on private extermination companies, all for the FEW bees he saw, is laughable. As much as is the fanatical Monday-morning quarterbacking that spawns it.

If you want to start "raising national awareness" of bee problems, you're going to have to take a number and stand in line, behind the Global Warming (or is it cooling now?) freaks, the America-is-racist hotheads, the vast-right-wing-conspiracy loons, and the Black Helicopter crowd.

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree that he shouldn't have destroyed it. All of a sudden he "has" to use his BBQ? Come on.

Little-Acorn
11-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I agree that he shouldn't have destroyed it. All of a sudden he "has" to use his BBQ? Come on.

(patiently) No, he "wants" to use his barbecue. Again, please read the text. Please. Or do you have a problem with a man trying to use his own private property in an ordinary way?

The desire of people around here to call in the National Guard for a few bees (which is all he saw, as you people keep trying to forget), is somewhere between laughable and astonishing. Almost as much as your insistence on distorting what happened (a guy tried to kill a few bees that were bothering him, and which probably would have stung him if he'd tried to use or even touch his own ordinary barbecue) into some kind of massive, intentional destruction of nature.

I still haven't heard any explanations of how he could have known the hive was so huge, or even why he should have assumed it was.

Mr. P
11-14-2008, 02:27 PM
(patiently) No, he "wants" to use his barbecue. Again, please read the text. Please. Or do you have a problem with a man trying to use his own private property in an ordinary way?

The desire of people around here to call in the National Guard for a few bees (which is all he saw, as you people keep trying to forget), is somewhere between laughable and astonishing. Almost as much as your insistence on distorting what happened (a guy tried to kill a few bees that were bothering him, and which probably would have stung him if he'd tried to use or even touch his own ordinary barbecue) into some kind of massive destruction of nature.

I still haven't heard any explanations of how he could have known the hive was so huge, or even why he should have assumed it was.

Looks fake to me..but if it was huge he would have seen more than A FEW bees coming out from under the cover, and it would have been ongoing for weeks. Are those really honey bees..I can't really tell from the pic..I can say that ain't no American honey bee hive.

Hull
11-14-2008, 02:28 PM

I agree. I'd have called a bee person with the suit and smoke stuff to move the hive. They could have it. I wouldn't kill off a whole hive like that. That was horrible.

Nukeman
11-14-2008, 02:29 PM
It's not?

Read the text. He wanted to use his barbecue. Obviously he hadn't used it in a long time. He saw A FEW bees coming out from under the cover. So he set up a bug bomb to kill what was probably a small hive. When was the last time you saw a common appliance like that, with a huge hive in it? I NEVER have..
where you see a few bees makign a hive you can damn sure bet there are A LOT MORE YOU DON'T SEE

How do you come to the conclusion he "must have known" something that big was being built? Maybe you need to sue him for having faulty X-ray vision, eh?maybe you should take the cobb out of your ass and realize the type of diservice this guy did by destroying somthing that HELPS the environment.

Most of us do NOT immediately turn to government to solve our everyday problems... such as A FEW bees in a barbecue, which is all he saw. We don't even bother calling an exterminator. We just take care of it ourselves, y'know?Tell me smart guy, where did I say for the "government" to take care of his problem. I said and quote.."All you have to do is call the DNR and they will put you in contact with someone to REMOVE the hive to a safe place."

What hive? He saw a FEW bees, and probably figured there COULD be a few more. And maybe even a golf-ball-sized nest or something, tucked way up in there. I would have assumed that... and so would most people. And I sure wouldn't have removed the cover to check. I don't like being stung, and certainly don't like my family to get stung multiple times. Been there, done that. This guy's actions were perfectly reasonable.
a hive of that size makes A LOT OF NOISE. If you have never been around bees than you really don't have an educated opinion on the topic do you!!! He had a knee jerk reaction out of FEAR istead of a rational decision. Get it straight...

This hysterical response of calling in the authorities, and/or spending hundreds on private extermination companies, all for the FEW bees he saw, is laughable. As much as is the fanatical Monday-morning quarterbacking that spawns it.Who the fuck called for the authorties??? Not me I said he could contact his local department of natural resources to give him a name of a local bee handler. Who by the way will be more than happy to come and collect the hive at NO COSt. It adds to their income in the long run...

If you want to start "raising national awareness" of bee problems, you're going to have to take a number and stand in line, behind the Global Warming (or is it cooling now?) freaks, the America-is-racist hotheads, the vast-right-wing-conspiracy loons, and the Black Helicopter crowdWhat the fuck are you talking about here. You do realize that BEE's pollinate almost ALL the food stuffs in the wolrd. You can't tell me your that stupid!!! or are you. Ohhh wait I know we can have you run around and jiggle all the flowers and blossoms to cross pollinate EVERY FREAKING PLANT IN THE WORLD waring little fairy wings, because after all we don't really need a few little old bees..

Ohh by the way pull the freaking bee out of your ass. just because I don't agree with YOUR interpretation or the fact that I would have handled it differntly doesn't give YOU the right to put words in my mouth and be a complete ass in your response....

Abbey Marie
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM

The desire of people around here to call in the National Guard for a few bees (which is all he saw, as you people keep trying to forget), is somewhere between laughable and astonishing. Almost as much as your insistence on distorting what happened (a guy tried to kill a few bees that were bothering him, and which probably would have stung him if he'd tried to use or even touch his own ordinary barbecue) into some kind of massive, intentional destruction of nature.

Well gee, LA, thanks so much for your infinite patience with annoying me.

Wonder what you would say if there was a condor or whooping crane nest in his bbq, and he "wants" to use it? Can't let something as inconsequential as an endangered species interrupt his cheeseburger, now.

Nukeman
11-14-2008, 02:48 PM
(patiently)

.You know your a real piece of work sometimes. YOu get your freakign panties in a bunch and EVERYONE else is jsut stupid. My God sometimes you sound like Joe Steel......

Where did anyone "call for the National Guard" You live in your own little fantasy world soetime don't you. You put words into others mouths and then proclaim how stupid they are. In reality YOU have no defense for destroying a whole bee hive.

A hive of that size would have been EXTREMELY loud and infact he should have been able to feel the vibrations through the deck.