PDA

View Full Version : Radio Host Fired After Asking For Non Muslim Cabbie

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
So much for tolerance and understanding

I thought that the liberals over at the BBC were supposed to be the tolerant ones. Personally with Muslims creating fear in the UK with no go zones for non-Muslims and with the rapes of non-Muslims by Muslims on the rise in Europe who can blame her?

BBC Radio host sacked after call to taxi firm requesting 'non-Asian' driver
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
11th November 2008

A BBC Radio presenter has been sacked following a 'racist' call to a taxi firm, in which she requested a 'non-Asian' driver.

Sam Mason told the operator that 'a guy with a turban would freak her daughter out' insisting they send an English driver instead.

The ex-glamour girl, 40, called the firm to order a taxi for her 14-year-old daughter off-air, while presenting her BBC Bristol radio show.

After the operator branded her request 'racist', Mason insisted, claiming it wasn't the first time she had made the request.

She said: 'A guy with a turban is going to freak her out. She's not used to Asians.'
When the operator said it would not be possible to carry out her wishes, she said: 'You've managed it before.'

Mason, who has previously battled alcohol addiction, claimed she wasn't racist but insisted she was looking out for her daughter's interest.

Mason said: 'If it were me I wouldn't care if it had two heads, but it's my little girl we are talking about.'

After the operator refused to book a car, Mason complained before hanging up.

The operator said: 'We would class that as being racist. We can't just penalise the Asian drivers and just send an English one.'

The BBC were alerted to the conversation after it was recorded and sent to the Sun newspaper.
The mother-of-one was subsequently suspended and fired 24 hours later.

A BBC spokesman said: 'Although Sam Mason's remarks were not made on-air, her comments were completely unacceptable and, for that reason, she has been informed that she will no longer be working for the BBC with immediate effect.'

http://islaminaction08.blogspot.com/2008/11/bbc-host-gets-fired-after-asking-for.html

retiredman
11-14-2008, 08:25 PM
ho9w do you equate "muslim" with "asian"?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:26 PM
ho9w do you equate "muslim" with "asian"?

I did not write the story - only posting it

retiredman
11-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I did not write the story - only posting it

YOU wrote the title of the thread. the story doesn't mention "muslim"...

you racist pig.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:33 PM

you racist pig.

No I did not Virgil. The title is from the link. Drinking already tonight :laugh2:

retiredman
11-14-2008, 08:35 PM
No I did not Virgil. The title is from the link. Drinking already tonight :laugh2:
did you bother to READ the story or not?

The story does not mention muslim. Your thread title does.

Are you really such a mindless cut and paste hack that you don't even bother to READ the stories that you post????:lol:

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:39 PM

Are you really such a mindless cut and paste hack that you don't even bother to READ the stories that you post????:lol:

Maybe you are to stupid to click on the link Virgil - or you are drunk

Tuesday, November 11, 2008
BBC Host Gets Fired After Asking for a Non-Muslim Cabbie

I am not changing the title of the story. Perhaps over there that is how they refer to muslims

Are you done trying to derail another thread, or do you want to talk about the topic

Noir
11-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Don't know why muslim comes into it at all.

The story is rather odd but I think she left her bosses with little choice.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Don't know why muslim comes into it at all.

The story is rather odd but I think she left her bosses with little choice.

If she would have said somehting about Christains, or attacked Pres Bush she would have been given a raise and promotion

Looks like it was not racist, but she was worried about the reaction of her kid

Noir
11-14-2008, 08:55 PM
If she would have said somehting about Christains, or attacked Pres Bush she would have been given a raise and promotion

Looks like it was not racist, but she was worried about the reaction of her kid

Well I guess it's all a matter of opinion if you think it is racist or not. I think that it is, and that the daughter being scared thing is a cover

...I mean, why would a 14 year old be fearful of a man because he is (a) Asain or (b) wearing a turbin. Doesn't sound right to me.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Week I guess it's all a matter of opinion if you think it is racist or not. I think that it is, and that the daughter being scared thing is a cover

...I mean, why would a 14 year old be fearful of a man because he is (a) Asain or (b) wearing a turbin. Doesn't sound right to me.

Libs are so touchy and thinskined :rolleyes:

Silver
11-14-2008, 09:05 PM

The only mindless stupid asshole fuck-wit in this case is you mfm....:laugh2::lol::laugh2:

red states rule
11-14-2008, 09:07 PM

The only mindless stupid asshole fuck-wit in this case is you mfm....:laugh2::lol::laugh2:

Virgil either is drunk and can't read, or is trying to get another thread locked sincehe does not like the topic

Even though his boy won the election, Virgil is getting more and more unhinged with each passing day

retiredman
11-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Virgil either is drunk and can't read, or is trying to get another thread locked sincehe does not like the topic

Even though his boy won the election, Virgil is getting more and more unhinged with each passing day

did YOU read the article, or were you mesmerized by the headline and posted the whole thing as a result?

The text of the ARTICLE does not mention muslims.

you disgusting racist pig.

Silver
11-14-2008, 10:29 PM

The blog wrote the title mentioning muslim, you asshole.....not RSR....

I'm sure he will accept your apology admitting your mistake....

after posting your apology, you're dismissed...

retiredman
11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
The blog wrote the title mentioning muslim, you asshole.....not RSR....

I'm sure he will accept your apology admitting your mistake....

after posting your apology, you're dismissed...

clearly...as is most always the case, RSR cuts and pastes articles without even reading them.

I will dismiss myslef when I damned well chose...not when some brainless hack like you says so....

go fuck yourself...mmmkay?

crin63
11-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Good Night! I wouldn't let my 14 YO daughter in a cab by herself anyway. Hypothetically if I did I would insist it not be a male driver. So what if the woman doesn't want an Asian or Muslim driver, its her daughter, her preference and her money. Its just more runaway political correctness.

Pay attention folks, this is where we are headed as well. It will be a hate crime here someday to have a preference.

The title said Muslim, the article said Asian, that anyone cares shows the same mindset the woman in the article had to deal with. I feel sorry for the woman.

retiredman
11-14-2008, 10:38 PM
the fact that some would unintentionally conflate muslims with asians is a clear indication of just how ignorantly racist our country has become... or remains.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
the fact that some would unintentionally conflate muslims with asians is a clear indication of just how ignorantly racist our country has become... or remains.

Hey Virgil, it happened in the UK not here in America. So we are still a racist country even after electing the Obama?

Libs will keep playing the race card until the end of time

Silver
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
clearly...as is most always the case, RSR cuts and pastes articles without even reading them.

I will dismiss myslef when I damned well chose...not when some brainless hack like you says so....

Whether RSR read the article or not is irrelevant to your blaming him for writing the topic line of the thread.....he didn't write it....you can be a man and apologize and just continue being an asshole as usual....

and

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Whether RSR read the article or not is irrelevant to your blaming him for writing the topic line of the thread.....he didn't write it....you can be a man and apologize and just continue being an asshole as usual....

and

With his huge gut that would be impossible for him to do

and as far as admitting his mistake - he is not man enough to do so

retiredman
11-14-2008, 10:46 PM

and

he cut and pasted crap without reading it. When will HE EVER apologize for afflicting this board with crap like that day after day after day????

If I EVER made it sound like I thought that RSR had the intelligence to write the title for this thread using any sort of process of intellectual discernment, I apologize for that. certainly. He cuts and pastes every fucking thing....even the titles of his threads!

Silver
11-14-2008, 10:52 PM
he cut and pasted crap without reading it. When will he ever apologize for afflicting this board with crap like that day after day after day????

If i ever made it sound like i thought that rsr had the intelligence to write the title for this thread using any sort of process of intellectual discernment, i apologize for that. Certainly. He cuts and pastes every fucking thing....even the titles of his threads!

so what ? You were still WRONG !

retiredman
11-14-2008, 10:54 PM

wrong about what? that he cut and pasted an article that he hadn't even read beyond the headline????:lol:

red states rule
11-14-2008, 10:58 PM

He knows that. He is out to flame and not to debate

retiredman
11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
He knows that. He is out to flame and not to debate

Did the article ever mention muslims?

Did you ever bother to read the article that you posted?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Did the article ever mention muslims?

Did you ever bother to read the article that you posted?

I did, and saw it reported on TV as I posted it

Libs in an uproar over supposed racism

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I did, and saw it reported on TV as I posted it

Libs in an uproar over supposed racism

if you actually read the article, why did you mistakenly title your thread?

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:04 PM
if you actually read the article, why did you mistakenly title your thread?

For the 4th time, I used the title of the article Virgil.

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:08 PM
For the 4th time, I used the title of the article Virgil.

obviously, without reading the article itself. which was my point all along.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:10 PM
obviously, without reading the article itself. which was my point all along.

I read the article Virgil. You must not have since you said how it happened in racist America :lol:

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:12 PM
I read the article Virgil. You must not have since you said how it happened in racist America :lol:

the article didn't mention muslims

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:12 PM
the article didn't mention muslims

How would you know? You said it happened in the US. So you could not read it :laugh2:

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:16 PM
How would you know? You said it happened in the US. So you could not read it :laugh2:

I never said that the incident in the article happened in the US... I said that the fact that someone like you could conflate muslims and asians is proof of how racist a nation we still are.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Here is where you said it happened in America Virgil

Or you can whine to the proofreader at the blog

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Here is where you said it happened in America Virgil

I was referring to YOU, RSR.... this IS your thread.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I was referring to YOU, RSR.... this IS your thread.

Go cry to someone who cares Virgil

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Go cry to someone who cares Virgil

Of course, no one here cares that you are a cut and paste hack who posts articles without even reading them....

but that doesn't stop me from pointing out what a brainless loser you are.:lol:

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Of course, no one here cares that you are a cut and paste hack who posts articles without even reading them....

but that doesn't stop me from pointing out what a brainless loser you are.:lol:

Nobody cares because you are are off on a meaningless rant Virgil. You are the one who is not taken seriously

Isn't it time for you to waddle over to Wendy's or Burger King for your nightly pig out?

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Nobody cares because you are are off on a meaningless rant Virgil. You are the one who is not taken seriously

Isn't it time for you to waddle over to Wendy's or Burger King for your nightly pig out?

no one cares because this is an overwhelmingly conservative site and yo uall would much prefer to just dump on liberals and democrats and negroes 24/7 without any interference from any other perspective.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
no one cares because this is an overwhelmingly conservative site and yo uall would much prefer to just dump on liberals and democrats and negroes 24/7 without any interference from any other perspective.

Now the whining and crybaby crap starts.

It would not have anything to do with the fact your a liar, a fraud, and an obnoxious blue nosed jerk, eh Virgil?

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Now the whining and crybaby crap starts.

It would not have anything to do with the fact your a liar, a fraud, and an obnoxious blue nosed jerk, eh Virgil?

I am not the one who posted an article without reading it, RSR. That's all about you.

moron.:lol:

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM
I am not the one who posted an article without reading it, RSR. That's all about you.

moron.:lol:

http://www.dareolonoh.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/broken%20record.jpg

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
post stupid pictures all you want...you cannot run away from the fact that you posted an article based solely on its title and did not even bother to read it. If you HAD read it, and had any sense of integrity, you would have changed the title of it to reflect the actual content of the article. The fact that you did not comes as no surprise.

red states rule
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
post stupid pictures all you want...you cannot run away from the fact that you posted an article based solely on its title and did not even bother to read it. If you HAD read it, and had any sense of integrity, you would have changed the title of it to reflect the actual content of the article. The fact that you did not comes as no surprise.

http://www.dareolonoh.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/broken%20record.jpg

retiredman
11-14-2008, 11:56 PM
thank you for that admission of your laziness.

Noir
11-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Good Night! I wouldn't let my 14 YO daughter in a cab by herself anyway. Hypothetically if I did I would insist it not be a male driver. So what if the woman doesn't want an Asian or Muslim driver, its her daughter, her preference and her money. Its just more runaway political correctness.

Pay attention folks, this is where we are headed as well. It will be a hate crime here someday to have a preference.

The title said Muslim, the article said Asian, that anyone cares shows the same mindset the woman in the article had to deal with. I feel sorry for the woman.

I don't think the arguement can be used 'it's her money ergo it's her choice', as then one could apply that to business and who to hire.

The bit that still muses me is that so someone would be fearful of someone just because of their race.

crin63
11-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't think the arguement can be used 'it's her money ergo it's her choice', as then one could apply that to business and who to hire.

The bit that still muses me is that so someone would be fearful of someone just because of their race.

I see it as freedom on both sides. If the cab company doesn't like her request just tell her to find another cab company or use the driver provided and if she doesn't want a specific group of people driving her daughter as far as I am concerned that should be her right to determine that, she is the parent.

I also think that if the business only wants to hire little old ladies with pink ribbons in their hair it should be their right to do so and no one should be able to tell them different. If they want to hire only smokers, cool. Businesses should have the freedom to hire who they want when they want and equally be able to not hire someone they don't want for whatever reason they want even if its bigotry.

Trigg
11-15-2008, 10:27 AM
From the comments section of the article. Apparently England catagorizes people as Asian that we in the US do not, most in the US wouldn't consider someone from Pakistan Asian.

Therefore RSR was correct to leave the title as it was and MFM was wrong to ask him to change it. MFM other than throwing racist around do you have anything constructive to add to the convo?????

According to the 2001 UK Census there are 2.33 million British Asians, making up 4% of the population of the United Kingdom. This further subdivides to 1.05 million of Indian origin (1.8% of the population), 747,000 of Pakistani origin (1.3%), 283,000 of Bangladeshi origin (0.5%), and 247,000 from other Asian origins (0.4%) (largely of Sri Lankan origin). British Asians make up 50.2% of the UK's non-European population. British Indians tend to be religiously diverse, with 45% Hindu, 29% Sikh, and 13% per cent Muslim, while their counterparts of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin are much more religiously homogeneous, with Muslims accounting for 92% of each group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Asian

November 11, 2008 10:07 PM
Anonymous said...
She was actually referring to a Muslim cab driver, the reason for this being that there have been quite a few rapes in taxi's by Muslim drivers, and it is obvious no one wants to have their daughter raped. I would not allow my daughter in a taxi with a turban driver, asian men in the area i live in are Muslims, and go to the Mosque.
The Muslim Danish cartoons that there was so much silly fuss about had Mohammed so called prophet with a Bomb attached to his turban, that brings back amusing memories.
Another reason for not letting your daughter in a taxi with a Muslim turbanned driver is suicide bombs.

Trigg
11-15-2008, 10:30 AM

If you have a group of people who commit most of the crimes in that area, than it makes sense to be watchfull of those people.

Even though it might be politically incorrect to do so it only makes sense to be carefull.

Noir
11-15-2008, 11:05 AM
If you have a group of people who commit most of the crimes in that area, than it makes sense to be watchfull of those people.

Even though it might be politically incorrect to do so it only makes sense to be carefull.

Well it just seems like blatent racism to me 'I don't want a paki driving my daughter, he'll prob rape her'

And it's pretty obvious that nothing is going to happen, any taxi driver will be logged in and out of fares, and the company will know all of thier details, so it would take a real idiot to think they could do anything and get away with it.

But the fact remains that the ex-dj made judgements of someone purly based on race.

Yurt
11-15-2008, 02:38 PM

you racist pig.

how quaint, first rsr wrote the title, then mfm later changes his story to rsr copied the title :lol:

retiredman
11-15-2008, 02:42 PM
how quaint, first rsr wrote the title, then mfm later changes his story to rsr copied the title :lol:

he typed it. He supposedly read the article and, if he had, he would have realized that the title was in error, and he would have changed "muslim" to "asian".

namvet
11-15-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't blame him. I used to ride with those crazy fucks from Chicago O'hare to downtown. like ridin' with a Kamikaze pilot !!!! this one dumb fuck muslim didn't know how to count change. he gave me his money tray and said you take out change please.................:laugh2::laugh2:

Trigg
11-15-2008, 04:29 PM
he typed it. He supposedly read the article and, if he had, he would have realized that the title was in error, and he would have changed "muslim" to "asian".

You supposedly read the article also. Did you bother to read my post that included the fact that England categorizes Pakistanis and Bangladeshi as Asian.....and that group of people are 92% Muslim?????????

Just because we in the US don't consider them Asian doesn't mean they aren't considered Asian to the British. RSR shouldn't have changed the title to the article. He posted it correctly.

Trigg
11-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Well it just seems like blatent racism to me 'I don't want a paki driving my daughter, he'll prob rape her'

And it's pretty obvious that nothing is going to happen, any taxi driver will be logged in and out of fares, and the company will know all of thier details, so it would take a real idiot to think they could do anything and get away with it.

But the fact remains that the ex-dj made judgements of someone purly based on race.

Well according to one comment there have been quite a few rapes in the cabs by Muslim drivers. That would be reason enough for me to NOT send my daughter alone in a cab with anyone.

People make judgements based on race everyday. She shouldn't have lost her job over it IMO since what she said didn't go out over the radio. The thought police must be real stringent in your country. Glad it hasn't come to that here..........yet

Yurt
11-15-2008, 05:38 PM
so is this person guilty of racism because she assumes an asian cab driver would be a typical asian that rapes? what exactly was racist? if obama can say his grandma was a typical white person, what is wrong with this lady characterizing asians?

Noir
11-15-2008, 06:44 PM
so is this person guilty of racism because she assumes an asian cab driver would be a typical asian that rapes? what exactly was racist? if obama can say his grandma was a typical white person, what is wrong with this lady characterizing asians?

The difference being you are assumng that a typical asain is a rapist, rather than a non-rapist.

Can you explain how thinking 'a typical Asian is a rapist' isn't racist.

retiredman
11-15-2008, 08:32 PM
The difference being you are assumng that a typical asain is a rapist, rather than a non-rapist.

Can you explain how thinking 'a typical Asian is a rapist' isn't racist.

well said.... bravo!

Noir
11-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Well according to one comment there have been quite a few rapes in the cabs by Muslim drivers. That would be reason enough for me to NOT send my daughter alone in a cab with anyone.

Well I don't know about the number of rapes and asain drivers, however that is an unaccountable comment, so I wouldn't put much faith in it.

Also if you are referng to the comment that has been quoted in an earlyer post then one of the reasons that you should not get a cab from an asain is not only the risk of rape, but the risk that they arc a sucide bomber. Is that guy for real?

Silver
11-15-2008, 09:12 PM

It wouldn't be ETHICAL for him, you, me, or anyone else to edit an article written by someone else and posted on some blog....

You might just look up ETHICS if you don't understand ....moron

retiredman
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
It wouldn't be ETHICAL for him, you, me, or anyone else to edit an article written by someone else and posted on some blog....

You might just look up ETHICS if you don't understand ....moron

he didn't need to edit the article, just correctly name HIS own thread.

fucknuts.

Silver
11-15-2008, 09:17 PM
From the comments section of the article. Apparently England catagorizes people as Asian that we in the US do not, most in the US wouldn't consider someone from Pakistan Asian.

Really? Why wouldn't we? Thats where Pakistan is...on the continent of ASIA.....and moronfrommaine is wrong because its wrong for anyone to edit the posts of another ....I don't want anyone editing my posts but me....

Therefore RSR was correct to leave the title as it was and MFM was wrong to ask him to change it. MFM other than throwing racist around do you have anything constructive to add to the convo?????s

retiredman
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
s

post #62

Immanuel
11-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I've been trying to figure out how I felt about this issue for a day or two now and I really can't lay my fingers on it.

For one thing, I would never ask a cab company to send a "white" driver. I would never even think to do such a thing. For one thing, I would assume that if the driver is working for the company then he or she has a track record and is not a threat to me or my child. Second, I would never put my 14 year old daughter in a cab alone for any reason. Third, if I did HAVE to put my 14 year old daughter into a cab, I might inform the dispatcher of my plans and request a driver that the dispatcher knew was responsible enough to take her exactly where I requested and make sure she gets there rather than drop her off at the corner and say see ya later, alligator.

The lady's request was racist. But, was it grounds for firing? I don't think so.

Immie

Silver
11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
he didn't need to edit the article, just correctly name HIS own thread.

fucknuts.

His thread name is essentially the article author's topic line.....perfectively acceptable.....unless he wanted to make a personal comment on the article, which he didn't....
This petty bullshit of yours is typical of your crap over the years, on every cite you post on....seems you might have matured at lease a little over the years...but didn't....

retiredman
11-15-2008, 09:43 PM
His thread name is essentially the article author's topic line.....perfectively acceptable.....unless he wanted to make a personal comment on the article, which he didn't....
This petty bullshit of yours is typical of your crap over the years, on every cite you post on....seems you might have matured at lease a little over the years...but didn't....

if he read the article, he knew that the title was incorrect, yet he chose to use it anyway. I called him on it. IF you don't like what I write, please feel free to pass my posts by without reading them OR commenting on them. That wouldn't bother me in the least.

Hull
11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
if he read the article, he knew that the title was incorrect, yet he chose to use it anyway. I called him on it. IF you don't like what I write, please feel free to pass my posts by without reading them OR commenting on them. That wouldn't bother me in the least.

It appears that's what most here do. And in this instance, you are 100% in the wrong. I also see that admitting you're wrong is something you won't do. I think it's pretty clear that your massive negative rep isn't simply because people disagree with you. It's also because you're not entirely honest.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:31 AM
It appears that's what most here do. And in this instance, you are 100% in the wrong. I also see that admitting you're wrong is something you won't do. I think it's pretty clear that your massive negative rep isn't simply because people disagree with you. It's also because you're not entirely honest.

You have a firm grasp on the obvious

Hull
11-17-2008, 09:35 AM
You have a firm grasp on the obvious

Didn't take long to see it either.

You're broken record picture is perfect.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Didn't take long to see it either.

You're broken record picture is perfect.

It sums up Virgil, and fits him like a glove

ChristopherL
11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
did YOU read the article, or were you mesmerized by the headline and posted the whole thing as a result?

The text of the ARTICLE does not mention muslims.

you disgusting racist pig.

Considering all the fear that Asian Muslims are causing in the UK it is not hard to figure out what she meant.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Considering all the fear that Asian Muslims are causing in the UK it is not hard to figure out what she meant.

Yea, people are losing their heads over Muslims

Abbey Marie
11-17-2008, 10:46 AM
This entire "The title is incorrect" argument has almost ruined a perfectly good thread, which otherwise has engendered real debate on a timely and interesting topic. Especially since the title wasn't even created by the OP, but was apparently part of the article/blog posted.

Let's get back on track with the actual topic.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 10:49 AM
This entire "The title is incorrect" argument has almost ruined a perfectly good thread, which otherwise has engendered real debate on a timely and interesting topic. Especially since the title wasn't even created by the OP, but was apparently part of the article/blog posted.

Let's get back on track with the actual topic.

Thank you Abbey

crin63
11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Personally I don't care what her reasons were, she is the parent and it should be her decision, whether or not I agree with her reasoning. If she doesn't want her child exposed to something or someone she shouldn't lose her job over it, nor should she be forced into accepting something she was obviously opposed to. If the cab company wants her money they will comply with her demands, if they don't or wont let her find a cab company that wants her money.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Personally I don't care what her reasons were, she is the parent and it should be her decision, whether or not I agree with her reasoning. If she doesn't want her child exposed to something or someone she shouldn't lose her job over it, nor should she be forced into accepting something she was obviously opposed to. If the cab company wants her money they will comply with her demands, if they don't or wont let her find a cab company that wants her money.

I agree with you. However, those one the left are constanly looking for thigs to whine about

I wonder how tolerant these same libs would be if a cabble showed up with a McCain/Palin bumber sticker on the cab, and was listening to either Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity on the radio?

Would they be as tolerant? Somehow I do not think they would

Abbey Marie
11-17-2008, 11:39 AM
How do we know that her daughter didn't have a bad or even terrifying experience with someone in a turban?

red states rule
11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
How do we know that her daughter didn't have a bad or even terrifying experience with someone in a turban?

Good point. The point is the race card was played at once, and the women lost her job over wanting to protect her child

Noir
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM

how odd, considering I live in the UK and yet it seems to be everyone else tellin me how bad it is over here, maybe if some of y'all lived here you would have some understanding of what ya's are talking about, rather than just making comments about how bad it is in ignorence.

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM

Or maybe she was carrying pork home for dinner? We all know that Muslim cabbies are threatening not to transport people that are carrying liquor. I mean maybe, just maybe there was a reason.

Oh wait, wouldn't you consider it bigotry for a Muslim cabbie to refuse to transport a person because they were carrying liquor? Some of you would not. This is perfectly acceptable to some of you. Would I be considered racist if I were in New York and knew of this issue when I called the cab company and requested a non-muslim because I was taking a bottle of wine as a present to my hosts? Of course, I would. I would have to leave the bottle at home or be branded a racist.

Immie

Noir
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM

I would assume if there were any reasons beonfld racism then they would have been made in the artical, aLas they are not, we can't defend this women based on what may has possibly happened in the past when there is no evidence of it.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
how odd, considering I live in the UK and yet it seems to be everyone else tellin me how bad it is over here, maybe if some of y'all lived here you would have some understanding of what ya's are talking about, rather than just making comments about how bad it is in ignorence.

Tell those on the buses and at the airports who were bombed that all is fine with the radical muslims

Or the people who would have been on the jest that were to blown up over the ocean on their way to the US

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 12:38 PM

Seems I've read one or two of your posts about America that is not to endearing. ;) Maybe if you lived here you would have some understanding of what ya are talking about rather than just making comments about how bad it is?

:laugh2:

j/k you Noir. You're welcomed to comment in what ever manner you deem necessary.

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Seems I've read one or two of your posts about America that is not to endearing. ;) Maybe if you lived here you would have some understanding of what ya are talking about rather than just making comments about how bad it is?

j/k you Noir. You're welcomed to comment in what ever manner you deem necessary.

Immie

A liberals view of terror attacks in the UK

SUV-Driving Doctors Attack Great Britain
We've all witnessed the havoc wrought on our health care system by doctors who turn a profit at the expense of those they are sworn to "serve and protect". Millions of Americans die every year, and Bush's Big Pharmaceutical Buddies are laughing all the way to the bank. Now, it appears as if our national cult of greed has spread across the pond. Two British physicians were arrested last weekend for what appears to be either a scheme to drum up business by maiming & mutilating innocent people, or an elaborate publicity stunt for Chrysler.

On Friday, London police discovered a Mercedes - exactly what you'd expect a doctor to drive - packed with explosives and parked in front of a West End nightclub. Another wired Mercedes was found later in the morning. The following day, two doctors rammed a Jeep Cherokee into the Glasgow airport terminal. Both men were uninjured by the initial crash, which once again raises serious questions about why these rolling death machines are even allowed on the road. However, one of them suffered severe burns when he covered himself with petrol and struck a match. Lucky for them they staged their attacks in a nation revered for it's progressive health care system. They'll both be receiving their free hysterectomies in five to six months.

As usual, the Freepers wasted no time blaming the attacks on "Islamofascists", yet only far-right media whores like Faux News have even mentioned the nationality or religious beliefs of those involved. That's because the whole argument is irrelevent and designed purely to cast aspersions on the peaceloving Muslim peoples - the vast majority of whom don't even drive SUVs.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2007/07/uk-under-attack.html

Noir
11-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Tell those on the buses and at the airports who were bombed that all is fine with the radical muslims

Or the people who would have been on the jest that were to blown up over the ocean on their way to the US

I'm not defending radical Muslims, I am saying that it is wrong to assume that we are in a crises over here, I'm telling ya's now, say whatever you Wana say and live in ignorence, but it is nothing like you guys are describing it as. And to be honest it makes you guys that are saying it a bit daft

red states rule
11-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm not defending radical Muslims, I am saying that it is wrong to assume that we are in a crises over here, I'm telling ya's now, say whatever you Wana say and live in ignorence, but it is nothing like you guys are describing it as. And to be honest it makes you guys that are saying it a bit daft

Yea, just like the Germans never saw a crisis with the rise of Hitler and Nazi party

Much like the left here in the US, appeasing them will not help

http://blamebush.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/11/signsmain2.jpg

Noir
11-17-2008, 12:52 PM

Immie
Damn you and your wit immie :p

In all seriousness I'm sure to some my post my seem hypocrital, but I would not refer to America the way some folks have described my country. And if I ever did I would certainly expect to get a good telling off.

retiredman
11-17-2008, 02:17 PM
I agree with you. However, those one the left are constanly looking for thigs to whine about

I wonder how tolerant these same libs would be if a cabble showed up with a McCain/Palin bumber sticker on the cab, and was listening to either Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity on the radio?

Would they be as tolerant? Somehow I do not think they would

If I were looking for a cab, I would not care what political affiliation the driver was, and I wouldn't care all that much what radio station the driver was listening to. If it was offensive, I'd just listen to my iPod. If it was Rush or Sean, I'd listen along for the humor value

red states rule
11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
If I were looking for a cab, I would not care what political affiliation the driver was, and I wouldn't care all that much what radio station the driver was listening to. If it was offensive, I'd just listen to my iPod. If it was Rush or Sean, I'd listen along for the humor value

I suspect you would launch into one of your "sermons" and show your warm, fuzzy, and tolerant side :lol:

Then call the cab company to express how offended you were by the hate radio you were forced to listen to

retiredman
11-17-2008, 02:21 PM
I suspect you would launch into one of your "sermons" and show your warm, fuzzy, and tolerant side. Then call the cab company to express how offended you were by the hate radio you were forced to listen to

stupid post. you can suspect all you want. I told you what I would do. Either disprove my statement or not.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 02:29 PM
stupid post. you can suspect all you want. I told you what I would do. Either disprove my statement or not.

Your past posts, examples of "respect", and total lack of credibility is all the proof I need

retiredman
11-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Your past posts, examples of "respect", and total lack of credibility is all the proof I need

I don't respect you one iota. That is for sure. You have done nothing to earn my respect. That does not mean, however, that I cannot ride in a taxicab and listen to conservative talk radio. I can and I have. You have nothing but bitterness for me and it clouds every post you make towards me. It gets tedious and boring after a while.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't respect you one iota. That is for sure. You have done nothing to earn my respect. That does not mean, however, that I cannot ride in a taxicab and listen to conservative talk radio. I can and I have. You have nothing but bitterness for me and it clouds every post you make towards me. It gets tedious and boring after a while.

***yawn***

retiredman
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
***yawn***

does that mean you'll finally stfu?:laugh2:

red states rule
11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
does that mean you'll finally stfu?:laugh2:

Np, it means your lies are getting very old

retiredman
11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Np, it means your lies are getting very old

I have not lied. I ride in cabs fairly often when I am in Boston... I listen to whatever the cabbie has on the radio... from rap to middle eastern music to talk radio... I have never called any cab company EVER and complained about what was on the radio in one of their cabs that I rode in. You just make shit up all the time and claim it is fact. you are a lying sack of shit. that IS a fact.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 02:50 PM
I have not lied. I ride in cabs fairly often when I am in Boston... I listen to whatever the cabbie has on the radio... from rap to middle eastern music to talk radio... I have never called any cab company EVER and complained about what was on the radio in one of their cabs that I rode in. You just make shit up all the time and claim it is fact. you are a lying sack of shit. that IS a fact.

Add another lie to Virgils long list of whoppers :laugh2:

retiredman
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Add another lie to the long list of whoppers

what is a lie about that, RSR? where have I told a falsehood in that post?