PDA

View Full Version : Sharpton & Money Problems-Campaign

Kathianne
11-15-2008, 03:59 AM
I really forgot that Sharpton once ran for president. Seems he messed that up a tad:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20081115/D94F1UO80.html

Audit: Sharpton campaign owes US nearly $500,000
Email this Story

Nov 14, 7:57 PM (ET)

By DEVLIN BARRETT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal auditors have concluded the Rev. Al Sharpton's 2004 campaign owes the government nearly $500,000 for illegal donations and other financial improprieties. Sharpton has been feuding with the Federal Election Commission for years over his accounting in his failed run for president, for which he received $100,000 in so-called government matching funds that authorities later concluded he did not deserve because he hadn't followed campaign laws.

The auditors have now determined that Sharpton owes $486,803 to the U.S. Treasury because of his campaign's taking improper donations, largely from the National Action Network, a not-for-profit corporation that Sharpton leads but is separate from his campaign committee.

Sharpton will appeal the finding, aides said Friday, which would extend an already years-long fight with the government over how he raised and spent money to run for president.

The audit report is "a gross violation of Reverend Al Sharpton's right to perform his paid duties as president of the National Action Network, a traveling minister, lecturer, and an author who was promoting a book during the time period being audited," said his spokeswoman, Rachel Noerdlinger.....

diuretic
11-15-2008, 05:35 AM
That bloke is an unalloyed fucking idiot.

Binky
11-15-2008, 09:10 AM
It was a good day for America when that buttwipe lost the 2004 election. Millions just couldn't see him as prez of the U.S. Thank God! :dance:

diuretic
11-15-2008, 09:48 AM
He's a divisive prick. He reminds of a mosquito. You'd think there is an evolutionary reason for a mosquito, I'm damned if I can think of one right now though.