stephanie
11-15-2008, 11:15 AM
hummm.

Handouts
Child labor photographs
Fast food exercise
Sample employment application
Note to the Instructor

A student's level of understanding of work and union issues will vary widely from school to school, grade to grade and even class to class. Do not assume that the students have much knowledge of unions and the world of work. If you do, you will lose your audience quickly. If you use terms like political action, union organizing, union contract, grievance procedure, arbitration or even legislation, they need to be defined in a way that students can relate to. For example, legislation is simply law, grievances are problems, and arbitration is like a trial before a neutral judge (the arbitrator). When labor terms come up in the presentation, a technique you can use is to stop and ask the students if anyone can define the term. This will involve the students in the presentation, get concepts defined in their words, and give you a better sense of the level of students' understanding. Be conscious of your audience at all times. Encourage questions and input by the students. Finally, be careful not to use union lingo- terms like local and check-off will be alien to almost everyone in the audience.

Introductions
• Briefly introduce yourself.

• Give your union background.

• Stress similarities between your background and theirs.

read it all here..
http://www.uaw.org/edu/student/edu02.cfm

5stringJeff
11-15-2008, 11:48 AM
I wonder if they talk about the decreased productivity of union workers and the subsequent decreased profitability of the firms they are employed by.

Joe Steel
11-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I wonder if they talk about the decreased productivity of union workers and the subsequent decreased profitability of the firms they are employed by.

No. It wasn't a class in creative writing.

11-15-2008, 01:01 PM

Obviously wasnt an economics class either

stephanie
11-15-2008, 01:04 PM
the indoctrination continues unabated in our schools..

Nukeman
11-15-2008, 01:10 PM

My God you are an idiot aren't you I can tell yo from FIRST hand experience how the union shop works.

I worked in distribution center for a nation department store. The "day" shift was 90% union, where as the "night" shift was non-union. the day shift had twice the number of employee as the night yet they performed a 1/3 of the work. why do you suppose that is Joe. They had NO FEAR of losing their jobs due to the "UNION" backing them up for shoddy and sub-par work...

We were reduced to a single shift for a 2 month duration and EVERY last one of the "Union" employees took longer breaks, longer lunches, and did substantially less work all the way around. When I talked to my supervisor about it he stated that this was why they moved the center to FL to get away from this type of crap, yet the "union" followed them there but luckily it wasn't a "full union shop" so they were still able to get work done.

So Joe take your unions and shove them right up your communist ass..... Jerk off.. Oh wait that would be the union employees I have worked with, they all stood there jerking off why the rest of us WORKED....

namvet
11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/11-14-08tough20081114015526.jpg