PDA

View Full Version : It's done!

bullypulpit
11-16-2008, 08:30 AM
And what a difference it makes the CPU runs 10 degrees C cooler and the GPU runs 30+ degrees C cooler.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/dzadzey/COLDTOY3.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/dzadzey/COLDTOY.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/dzadzey/COLDTOY2.jpg

5stringJeff
11-16-2008, 09:45 AM
It looks cool. What is all that stuff?

bullypulpit
11-16-2008, 01:49 PM
It looks cool. What is all that stuff?

Liquid cooling blocks for the CPU and graphics card, cooling fan for the RAM. The water tubing is UV reactive as is the sleeving and wrapping on the wiring. There are 4 cold cathode black lights hidden in the side of the case to give it that special glow.

Sitarro
11-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Liquid cooling blocks for the CPU and graphics card, cooling fan for the RAM. The water tubing is UV reactive as is the sleeving and wrapping on the wiring. There are 4 cold cathode black lights hidden in the side of the case to give it that special glow.

So...... you are black.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

bullypulpit
11-16-2008, 04:34 PM
So...... you are black.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

As the ace of spades...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Yurt
11-16-2008, 05:21 PM
what is norm operation temp? how about when a game is running?

oh and *bows*

bullypulpit
11-17-2008, 04:59 AM
what is norm operation temp? how about when a game is running?

oh and *bows*

Air-cooling with after-market solutions improved the GPU performance, but only marginally. GPU operating temps under load (CRYSIS with DX9 settings maxxed) peaked at 91C...producing artifact and leading me to quit the game. Now, the GPU runs at 57C, and this after 3 hours of playing CRYSIS on the same settings. Under similar conditions the CPU would peak at about 60C, and now runs at 45C.

CPU block- Koolance CPU 340
GPU block - Koolance VID 398
Radiator - Swiftech MCR120-QP Res

Koolance quick disconnects for CPU and GPU, a Thermaltake AquaBay M5 pump and reservoir and Feser tubing. Between the radiator and the AquaBay, I've got nearly a liter of coolant circulating...Keeps things nice and cool.

diuretic
11-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Who made it - Kawasaki? :laugh2:

bullypulpit
11-17-2008, 05:46 AM
Who made it - Kawasaki? :laugh2:

Nah...It was a weekend DIY project.

diuretic
11-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Nah...It was a weekend DIY project.

Did well, but as I was reading the specs I thought you were going to grab your Shoei and hop on board and let 'er rip!

Okay, I admit it, I now feel inadequate so :slap: cos my poor old machine is really ordinary :eek:

Sitarro
11-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Did well, but as I was reading the specs I thought you were going to grab your Shoei and hop on board and let 'er rip!

Okay, I admit it, I now feel inadequate so :slap: cos my poor old machine is really ordinary :eek:

It still has to depend on a pathetic operating system and really, that much flash to play kids games? It's not like he is producing anything worthwhile on that energy eater, I wonder what it's carbon footprint look like?....... Oh that's right, I forgot, that falls into the "do as I say not as I do" category that all libs live by, especially their ultra hypocritical leaders.

All the lights look really impressive, if you're a mexican, black or a moth.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

diuretic
11-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Fuck you're cranky! Who pissed in your cornflakes?

diuretic
11-17-2008, 06:35 AM
What have got, a Mac Sitarro?

Sitarro
11-17-2008, 06:53 AM
What have got, a Mac Sitarro?

Of course, why would I even consider using any Windows based computer? I'm stuck having to use that backwards crap at work, it's as silly as driving on the wrong side of the road.

Sitarro
11-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Fuck you're cranky! Who pissed in your cornflakes?

I'm tired of looking at Soros' little chimp like puppet on the cover of People, Time and US magazine. I'm bored sick of that asshole and he hasn't even started screwing up our country yet.

bullypulpit
11-17-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm tired of looking at Soros' little chimp like puppet on the cover of People, Time and US magazine. I'm bored sick of that asshole and he hasn't even started screwing up our country yet.

Try not to hijack the thread...'Kay?

diuretic
11-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Of course, why would I even consider using any Windows based computer? I'm stuck having to use that backwards crap at work, it's as silly as driving on the wrong side of the road.

I don't have a Mac at home. I admit to having a second computer with XP and Office and all the rest of it but that's just for business and a backup. Number one is a Linux computer, using Ubuntu Gutsy (I had some connection problems with Ibex I put down to the latest Linux kernel, I'm happy to wait for it to be fixed). But if I remember rightly Mac and Linux use a Unix OS, is that correct?

I love the freedom of the command line. I hate the idea of not being in control of my os.

Kathianne
11-17-2008, 07:09 AM
It still has to depend on a pathetic operating system and really, that much flash to play kids games? It's not like he is producing anything worthwhile on that energy eater, I wonder what it's carbon footprint look like?....... Oh that's right, I forgot, that falls into the "do as I say not as I do" category that all libs live by, especially their ultra hypocritical leaders.

All the lights look really impressive, if you're a mexican, black or a moth.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Let's not make me split a thread, please. I'm off to school, you all have a good day. :coffee:

Yurt
11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Air-cooling with after-market solutions improved the GPU performance, but only marginally. GPU operating temps under load (CRYSIS with DX9 settings maxxed) peaked at 91C...producing artifact and leading me to quit the game. Now, the GPU runs at 57C, and this after 3 hours of playing CRYSIS on the same settings. Under similar conditions the CPU would peak at about 60C, and now runs at 45C.

CPU block- Koolance CPU 340
GPU block - Koolance VID 398
Radiator - Swiftech MCR120-QP Res

Koolance quick disconnects for CPU and GPU, a Thermaltake AquaBay M5 pump and reservoir and Feser tubing. Between the radiator and the AquaBay, I've got nearly a liter of coolant circulating...Keeps things nice and cool.

very nice. i did not realize a cpu could handle 91C. what a difference, excellent job.