PDA

View Full Version : Gun-rights group bristles at query on Barack Obama's job-application questionnaire

stephanie
11-16-2008, 11:00 AM
buy your guns now before the little Marxist is sworn in.

By James Janega | Tribune reporter
November 16, 2008
A 63-item questionnaire for prospective members of Barack Obama's White House team has upset the Illinois State Rifle Association because it includes a question on firearms that the organization reads as hostile to gun owners.

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun?" asks Question 59. "If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

Richard Pearson, executive director of the ISRA, said Friday that the question was "a pointer of where they want to go" with gun-control policy.

"I thought it was pretty intrusive," said Pearson, whose group voices the concerns of gun owners. "I think he's going to talk like a centrist, but I think his activities are going to take him to the left, as far as gun control goes."

Obama transition team spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said the intent was "to ensure proper registration." The questionnaire has appeared on the Web sites of the ISRA and the New York Times.

read the rest and a few comments..
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-obama-job-applicationnov16,0,1327245.story

Yurt
11-16-2008, 01:05 PM
i wonder if there are questions asking about prior drug use....say cocaine :laugh2:

Binky
11-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Or if any of them had ever visited a prostitute.

No1tovote4
11-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I wonder if he requires any documentation like, well, a birth certificate, college records, a passport, well you know. Proof of citizenship stuff...

5stringJeff
11-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Obama transition team spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said the intent was "to ensure proper registration." The questionnaire has appeared on the Web sites of the ISRA and the New York Times.

Only a select few states mandate registration of guns. Illinois in one of them. My guns are not registered, nor will they be.

Des
11-16-2008, 04:29 PM
You do realize there were also questions on that questionaire about internet use, right?

Kathianne
11-16-2008, 04:33 PM
You do realize there were also questions on that questionaire about internet use, right?

Do you see a problem with that? Should one be held accountable for postings? With an explanation? Fired without an explanation?

Des
11-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Do you see a problem with that? Should one be held accountable for postings? With an explanation? Fired without an explanation?

No way, I'm just saying that the questionaire seemed to cover all the bases...weapon ownership seems like it might just be one of those bases, regardless of the direction the dems might go with gun rights.

trobinett
11-16-2008, 05:05 PM
No way, I'm just saying that the questionaire seemed to cover all the bases...weapon ownership seems like it might just be one of those bases, regardless of the direction the dems might go with gun rights.

Right, you just keep believing that Des, pay no attention to the Black Chevy Suburbans lined up down the block outside your house.:poke::poke::slap:

Yurt
11-16-2008, 05:49 PM

really...what about prior illegal drug use...