PDA

View Full Version : McCain May Be Named “Ambassador to America”

stephanie
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
:eek:

Aides report that Obama is toying with the idea of naming defeated rival Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) to the newly created post of “Ambassador to America.” The idea is said to have arisen from the Senator Obama’s “feelings of alienation from a large segment of the population.”

“If my administration is to be successful, I’ve got to be able to communicate with the bitter minority that opposed me,” Obama is reported to have said. “Who could be better suited to such a task than Senator McCain? He was able to persuade nearly 60 million of them to vote for him. Now maybe he can persuade them to support my efforts to change America.”

McCain is said to be open to the idea of becoming the first American to be appointed as an ambassador to his own country. “The classic definition of an ambassador is someone sent abroad to lie for his country,” McCain observed. “Being able to fulfill this traditional role without having to leave home would be a truly unique opportunity. I would’ve been just another white, male president. Now, I could be, like George Washington, the ‘father’ of a new American tradition in governance. It’s a dream come true.”

lots more satire at..
http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

Kathianne
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
:eek:

Aides report that Obama is toying with the idea of naming defeated rival Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) to the newly created post of “Ambassador to America.” The idea is said to have arisen from the Senator Obama’s “feelings of alienation from a large segment of the population.”

“If my administration is to be successful, I’ve got to be able to communicate with the bitter minority that opposed me,” Obama is reported to have said. “Who could be better suited to such a task than Senator McCain? He was able to persuade nearly 60 million of them to vote for him. Now maybe he can persuade them to support my efforts to change America.”

McCain is said to be open to the idea of becoming the first American to be appointed as an ambassador to his own country. “The classic definition of an ambassador is someone sent abroad to lie for his country,” McCain observed. “Being able to fulfill this traditional role without having to leave home would be a truly unique opportunity. I would’ve been just another white, male president. Now, I could be, like George Washington, the ‘father’ of a new American tradition in governance. It’s a dream come true.”

lots more satire at..
http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

Oh I am so glad I picked up the last bolded line! :laugh2:

stephanie
11-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh I am so glad I picked up the last bolded line! :laugh2:

:laugh2::cheers2: