PDA

View Full Version : Obama Declares War on Conservative Talk Radio

stephanie
11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
get ready for a fight..:cheers2:

By Jim Boulet, Jr.
Barack Obama sought to silence his critics during his 2008 campaign. Now, with the ink barely dry on this November's ballots, Obama has begun a war against conservative talk radio.

Obama is on record as saying he does not plan an exhumation of the now-dead "Fairness Doctrine". Instead, Obama's attack on free speech will be far less understood by the general public and accordingly, far more dangerous.

The late community organizer Saul Alinsky taught his followers to strike hard from an unexpected direction, an approach known as Alinsky jujitsu.

Obama himself not only worked as an organizer for an Alinsky offshoot organization, Chicago's Developing Communities Project, but would go on to teach classes in Alinsky's beliefs and methods.

"Alinsky jujitsu" as applied to conservative talk radio means using vague rules already on the books to threaten any station which dares to air conservative programs with the loss of its valuable broadcast license.

Team Obama and the "localism" weapon

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rule in question is called "localism." Radio and television stations are required to serve the interests of their local community as a condition of keeping their broadcast licenses.

Obama needs only three votes from the five-member FCC to define localism in such a way that no radio station would dare air any syndicated conservative programming.

read the rest..
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/11/obama_declares_war_on_conserva.html

Hull
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but I just may become an activist, because Obama is the scariest thing I've ever had the displeasure of living through thus far. He needs to be stopped.

stephanie
11-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately, I believe we are in for the fight of our lives..

the first...the unfairness doctrine

the second- our guns..

then it's anything goes..

gabosaurus
11-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Wait until Limbaugh is yanked from the air and replaced with Al Franken. :laugh2:

Hull
11-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately, I believe we are in for the fight of our lives..

the first...the unfairness doctrine

the second- our guns..

then it's anything goes..

Unfortunately, it was Americans that put us in this position. How many will be disappointed, and how many won't? Unfortunately again, I think there's too many people in this country still wanting the government to give them something for nothing.

Nukeman
11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Wait until Limbaugh is yanked from the air and replaced with Al Franken. :laugh2:Why is Frankens hate speach OK but Rush's isn't. They are cut from opposite sides fo the same cloth..... You can't ahve one without the other......

bullypulpit
11-18-2008, 05:03 AM
So...what's next? Obama will force dogs and cats to live together? He'll make alligators walk on two legs while they're munching on babies like so many Chicken McNuggets?

The issue is the concentration of media ownership leading to a lack of loacla programming and media diversity. The airwaves, in theory at any rate, and ALL points of view have the right to be heard...even those we don't like.

Y'all are taking material fabricated from whole cloth as if it were the word of your favorite deity. :eek: