PDA

View Full Version : Obama resigns his Senate seat early

Little-Acorn
11-17-2008, 02:29 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gm08111520081117010024.jpg

-----------------------------------

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/13/president-elect-obama-resigns-senate/

President-Elect Obama Resigns From Senate

As he steps down, Barack Obama tells his constituents 'it has been one of the highest honors and privileges of my life to have served the people of Illinois in the United States Senate.'

FOXNews.com
Thursday, November 13, 2008

President-elect Barack Obama will resign from the Senate effective Sunday, he announced in a statement Thursday.

In the statement, the Illinois senator said his four-year term "has been one of the highest honors and privileges of my life."

"In a state that represents the crossroads of a nation, I have met so many men and women who've taken different journeys, but hold common hopes for their children's future. It is these Illinois families and their stories that will stay with me as I leave the United States Senate and begin the hard task of fulfilling the simple hopes and common dreams of all Americans as our nations next president," he said.

The move was expected. Obama won the presidency last week over Republican John McCain.

Hobbit
11-17-2008, 04:23 PM
The main question is, will anybody notice? I'm sure all those 'present' votes really determined the swing of dozens of votes, and then there's all that legislation he introduced...

Silver
11-17-2008, 06:04 PM
He might just as well leave early...he didn't do shit while he was there other than lie about George Bush...

red states rule
11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe he will demand Pres Bush steps down now so he can be sworn in before Jan 20,2009

11-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Look on the bright side people. If he doesnt do anything in office and quits early, maybe we can survive... alright, so its blind optimism here but you never know.

PostmodernProphet
11-17-2008, 09:12 PM
so how does this work.....governor's appointment or special election?.....