PDA

View Full Version : Maine man sheds 140 pounds to join the Marines

Yurt
11-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Maine man sheds 140 pounds to join the Marines

A man who shed 140 pounds to join the Marines is headed to Parris Island, S.C., to begin boot camp. Topping out at 330 pounds, Ulysses Milana was rejected by Army and Navy recruiters. But Marine recruiters worked with him as he lost about 20 pounds a month

It wasn't easy, Milana said, but he managed to slim down through exercise, healthier eating habits and giving up the occasional beer after work. He said he was even able to forgo a beer at his going-away party Saturday night.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/17/national/a122304S71.DTL&tsp=1

nice job

Des
11-17-2008, 04:12 PM
That's why Marines are the best :)

retiredman
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Ah Lewiston, Maine.... jewel of the Androscoggin. What a funny town. Lot's of chubby people there - mostly french... and lots of really skinny people there - mostly somalis.

Mr. P
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Ah Lewiston, Maine.... jewel of the Androscoggin. What a funny town. Lot's of chubby people there - mostly french... and lots of really skinny people there - mostly somalis.

Ha! you wanna see mostly French in Maine, visit Frenchville on the Northern border. It's named so for a reason. I think they think they live in Quebec instead of the USA. :laugh2:

retiredman
11-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Ha! you wanna see mostly French in Maine, visit Frenchville on the Northern border. It's named so for a reason. I think they think they live in Quebec instead of the USA. :laugh2:

been there.... been to a wedding there... used to own a summer home near there.... fact is: there are more frenchmen in Lewiston and Auburn than there are in all of Aroostook County.

Mr. P
11-17-2008, 09:55 PM
been there.... been to a wedding there... used to own a summer home near there.... fact is: there are more frenchmen in Lewiston and Auburn than there are in all of Aroostook County.

That's great..as long as they keep their selves up there I'll be a happy camper.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Maine man sheds 140 pounds to join the Marines

A man who shed 140 pounds to join the Marines is headed to Parris Island, S.C., to begin boot camp. Topping out at 330 pounds, Ulysses Milana was rejected by Army and Navy recruiters. But Marine recruiters worked with him as he lost about 20 pounds a month

It wasn't easy, Milana said, but he managed to slim down through exercise, healthier eating habits and giving up the occasional beer after work. He said he was even able to forgo a beer at his going-away party Saturday night.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/17/national/a122304S71.DTL&tsp=1

nice job

One man from Maine drops 140 pounds - and based on a photo, another man from Maine found it :lol:

retiredman
11-17-2008, 10:08 PM
That's great..as long as they keep their selves up there I'll be a happy camper.

up where?

red states rule
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
up where?

You sure you want someone to tell you :lol:

retiredman
11-17-2008, 10:18 PM
You sure you want someone to tell you

I asked Mr. P a question. Since you have NEVER answered a single question I have EVER posed to you, I find it highly unlikely that you would have the answer to a question posed to someone else.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I asked Mr. P a question. Since you have NEVER answered a single question I have EVER posed to you, I find it highly unlikely that you would have the answer to a question posed to someone else.

As I posted earlier

One man from Maine drops 140 pounds - and based on a photo, another man from Maine found it

So look in the mirror - if it is big enough :lol:

retiredman
11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
As I posted earlier

One man from Maine drops 140 pounds - and based on a photo, another man from Maine found it

So look in the mirror - if it is big enough :lol:

so..you don't have an answer to the question I posed to Mr. P.... why then don't you just shut your fucking piehole?

red states rule
11-17-2008, 10:29 PM
so..you don't have an answer to the question I posed to Mr. P.... why then don't you just shut your fucking piehole?

Perhaps you should. Your idea of weightlifting is standing up :laugh2:

Mr. P
11-17-2008, 11:21 PM
up where?

maine

retiredman
11-17-2008, 11:22 PM
maine

frenchmen and somalis will probably stay right where they are. they know a good thing - albeit a COLD thing -when they see it!:)

Mr. P
11-17-2008, 11:25 PM
frenchmen and somalis will probably stay right where they are. they know a good thing - albeit a COLD thing -when they see it!:)

Ya, the fishing is great these days..NOT..but the welfare is good..so ya, they'll stay there.

retiredman
11-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Ya, the fishing is great these days..NOT..but the welfare is good..so ya, they'll stay there.

ice fishing season starts before ya know it!

Mr. P
11-18-2008, 12:09 AM
ice fishing season starts before ya know it!

Not here, thank GAWD!

retiredman
11-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Not here, thank GAWD!

precisely. It is the primary reason I will be moving south.