PDA

View Full Version : How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:06 PM
The Obama voters interviewed are several french fries short of a Happy Meal

Funny how they kew all about Gov Palin, but did not know anything about the Dems

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow!

But to be fair, I'm sure you could find 12, maybe even 13, McCain supporters that would not be able to answer those questions. :lol:

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow!

But to be fair, I'm sure you could find 12, maybe even 13, McCain supporters that would not be able to answer those questions. :lol:

Immie

I doubt it. Most McCain supporters do NOT get their news from only CNN, the HY Times, and MSNBC

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 09:27 PM
I doubt it. Most McCain supporters do NOT get their news from only CNN, the HY Times, and MSNBC

Oh come on, I'm sure you can find 12 or 13 McCain supporters that don't know the answers to those questions.

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Oh come on, I'm sure you can find 12 or 13 McCain supporters that don't know the answers to those questions.

Immie

Given the slanted coverage, they would know about McCand and Gov Palin. Since most McCain voters watch Fox News, and listen to talk radio - most would also know the answers to the Obama and Biden questions

That does seem logical to me Immie

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Given the slanted coverage, they would know about McCand and Gov Palin. Since most McCain voters watch Fox News, and listen to talk radio - most would also know the answers to the Obama and Biden questions

That does seem logical to me Immie

You don't think that we could find 13 people out of nearly 60 million that don't know the answers to those questions? Please!!! I'm sure we could find 13 that only voted for him because they thought his beady little eyes were cute.

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:34 PM
You don't think that we could find 13 people out of nearly 60 million that don't know the answers to those questions? Please!!! I'm sure we could find 13 that only voted for him because they thought his beady little eyes were cute.

Immie

Well conduct your own interviews and get back to me :lol: It seems to me the Obama voters did not have a clue as to what they were voting for

Kathianne
11-17-2008, 09:36 PM

Immie

not to jump in or anything, but 13 out of 60 million? Sure, same odds that would say the world is flat.

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
not to jump in or anything, but 13 out of 60 million? Sure, same odds that would say the world is flat.

and they would have voted for Obama, and probably voted for Kerry and Gore :laugh2:

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM

Exactly my point. ;)

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Exactly my point. ;)

Immie

Zogby Poll

512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points

97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates

Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

For further information on this project, or to schedule an interview with the producer, please e-mail us at: questions@howobamgotelected.com

Kathianne
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Exactly my point. ;)

Immie

Yeah, I got that. ;)

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I got that. ;)

I would say the video and Zogby poll shows how baised the coverage of the election really was

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I got that. ;)

I don't think RSR has it yet though.

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't think RSR has it yet though.

Immie

So you are also dismissing the Zogby poll as well?

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 09:55 PM
So you are also dismissing the Zogby poll as well?

No, you just don't understand. It's a joke... get it. 13 people out of 60 million people is nothing. You can find 13 idiots that believe that Shaq can jump over the Himalaya's in a single bound. You can find 13 idiots that believe that due to Global Warming the Earth will blow up in less than 100 days. You can find 13 people that think that Elvis Presley is alive and well in a UFO and entertaining aliens with "Heartbreak Hotel".

You can find 13 people that believe Moses walked on water.

All that you have to do is make the suggestion and phrase the question right, and you can get people to agree to just about anything.

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 09:57 PM
No, you just don't understand. It's a joke... get it. 13 people out of 60 million people is nothing. You can find 13 idiots that believe that Shaq can jump over the Himalaya's in a single bound. You can find 13 idiots that believe that due to Global Warming the Earth will blow up in less than 100 days. You can find 13 people that think that Elvis Presley is alive and well in a UFO and entertaining aliens with "Heartbreak Hotel".

You can find 13 people that believe Moses walked on water.

Immie

The video and the Zogby poll go hand in hand. It shows the Obama voters were uninformed or did not care

Immanuel
11-17-2008, 09:59 PM
The video and the Zogby poll go hand in hand. It shows the Obama voters were uninformed or did not care

And did I dispute that?

The point was not that many Democratic voters were not informed, but rather that you can find 13 McCain supporters (and only 13) who were not informed.

Immie

red states rule
11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
And did I dispute that?

The point was not that many Democratic voters were not informed, but rather that you can find 13 McCain supporters (and only 13) who were not informed.

Immie

I hope when the Zogby poll comes out they will have results from McCain voters

Des
11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I cannot believe people use this sort of thing to form opinions. My mother voted for McCain. Why? Her husband told her to. Should I then think all people who voted for McCain are mindless housewives? If only it were so simple...

Sitarro
11-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Very interesting website, I think that to those that didn't vote for him, it doesn't come as a surprise............... says a lot about the stupidity of the voting public, even the well educated as you will see at the bottom of the site....... scary that these idiots are allowed to vote.

http://howobamagotelected.com/

PostmodernProphet
11-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Wow!

Immie

wasn't just 12, Immie

Zogby Poll

512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points

97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates

Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)
http://www.howobamagotelected.com/

Immanuel
11-18-2008, 07:47 AM
wasn't just 12, Immie

I guess it went over your head as well, PMP. Or maybe you just had not finished reading the thread.

I said, "I'm sure you could find 12, maybe even 13" as in 13 no more! :poke:

Immie

Nukeman
11-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I cannot believe people use this sort of thing to form opinions. My mother voted for McCain. Why? Her husband told her to. Should I then think all people who voted for McCain are mindless housewives? If only it were so simple...
It would be laughable if it wasn't so prevaliant. We had a group of people voting with their hearts instead of with their brains.

EVERYONE should have a rudimentary knowledge of the candidate they are voting for and their competition. Or do you disagree?

Immanuel
11-18-2008, 09:05 AM

Funny, my wife voted for McCain... I told her to vote for Barr. My daughter voted for McCain... I told her to vote for Barr.

Seems maybe I need to learn something from your mom's husband.

Immie

Noir
11-18-2008, 09:21 AM
right, so Obama supporters are stupid, McCain supporters are smart, and in the glorious nation of America the dumb out number the smart ergo Obama is pres.

1 person, 1 vote, deal with it.

If it was McCain who had won and a liberal posted a topic of this nature you would claim they are being elitist. So do you want to be the pot or the kettle today?

Immanuel
11-18-2008, 09:35 AM
If it was McCain who had won and a liberal posted a topic of this nature you would claim they are being elitist. So do you want to be the pot or the kettle today?

Actually, no, I would not claim they were elitist.

The producers of this clip picked out 12 or so Obama supporters that did not know the answers to those questions. It is kind of funny watching these people stumbling over questions that it seems everyone should know. But, I am certain that if the producers had done a clip on McCain supporters they would have found much the same results.

I was only joking in my comments.

Immie

Des
11-18-2008, 09:36 AM
You spelled his name wrong.

PostmodernProphet
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I guess it went over your head as well, PMP. Or maybe you just had not finished reading the thread.

I said, "I'm sure you could find 12, maybe even 13" as in 13 no more! :poke:

Immie

/boggle.....so during the campaign, when Zogby published polls that said 54% of people intend to vote for Obama and they had interviewed a thousand people, was it your assumption that only 540 people intended to vote for Obama?......

they did a survey and conducted a scientific sampling...now perhaps if the first question was "are you a brainless idiot?" and they screened the answer for the poll you might have a point.....

[oops, the first question was "Did you vote for Obama?".....there goes my argument].......

Noir
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Actually, no, I would not claim they were elitist.

The producers of this clip picked out 12 or so Obama supporters that did not know the answers to those questions. It is kind of funny watching these people stumbling over questions that it seems everyone should know. But, I am certain that if the producers had done a clip on McCain supporters they would have found much the same results.

I was only joking in my comments.

Immie

Indeed immie I agree with a 100% My comments were aimed at rsr though that may not have been clear.

I memo seeing a guy at the 2004 ellections saying he voted for Bush because 'he is a mans man' lol,

PostmodernProphet
11-18-2008, 10:35 AM
right, so Obama supporters are stupid, McCain supporters are smart, and in the glorious nation of America the dumb out number the smart ergo Obama is pres.

well, yeah.....but I think the point of the survey is media bias, not ignorance per se.....

Immanuel
11-18-2008, 10:52 AM
/boggle.....so during the campaign, when Zogby published polls that said 54% of people intend to vote for Obama and they had interviewed a thousand people, was it your assumption that only 540 people intended to vote for Obama?......

they did a survey and conducted a scientific sampling...now perhaps if the first question was "are you a brainless idiot?" and they screened the answer for the poll you might have a point.....

[oops, the first question was "Did you vote for Obama?".....there goes my argument].......

Okay, PMP, you must be heavily engrossed in your work not to understand that it was a joke. No, I did not assume any such thing. I was teasing RSR about the fact that you can find 13 people (and only 13) who voted for McCain that did not have a clue and actually, I was pushing liberal buttons as well.

Who in their right mind would believe that there are only 13 clueless McCain supporters?

Immie

red states rule
11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
well, yeah.....but I think the point of the survey is media bias, not ignorance per se.....

The liberal media bias was the point being made. In this election, journalism died.

As Chris Matthews recently said, his "job' is now to make sure the Obama administration is a sucess

Noir
11-18-2008, 10:58 AM

The problem with stats like this being that in allot of sketchs tina fey only changed a few words, meaning what sarah was saying sounded very much like what tina was saying, because in gerneral they were saying the same thing,

case and point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZW4z9zqqY&feature=related

red states rule
11-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Speaking of the Perky Ones interview

Couric Prepped for Palin Interview with Obama Allies

Remember the hit-job interview Katie Couric did with Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin?

Like me, did you get the feeling that the interview was a little hostile, from the point of the interviewer?

No wonder.

Peter Kafka points to a report from Portfolio.com’s Jeff Bercovici who was told by Couric that she consulted with the Democrat opposition before ambushing Palin.

Couric shed some light on her preparation for the interviews: Beforehand, she sought advice from former senator Sam Nunn and Council on Foreign Relations president Richard Haas. They told her to draw Palin out on her geopolitical worldview and urged her to let the governor speak at length without interrupting her. Maybe she should bring them along with her when she takes over at Meet the Press?”

Kafka notes that the origin of this quote has since been pulled and is no longer available online. Hmmm. Cat got out of the bag, huh?

In what universe (other than the fantasyland of the liberal mind) would an interview be considered "objective" or "nonpartisan" or "unbiased" when the interviewer asked the interviewee's opposition beforehand for advice on how to best ambush the interviewee?

If the "mainstream" media is going to ambush interviewees, fine, but do it on the Left and Right. If the "mainstream" media is going to toss gentle softballs to interviewees and avoid tough questions, fine, but do it on the Left and Right.

The "mainstream" media has been nothing but a propaganda arm of the DNC for decades, and that truth shone like never before during this election.

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2008/11/couric-prepped-for-palin-interview-with.html

Immanuel
11-18-2008, 11:05 AM

And that was hilarious too.

If anything the clip was showing that pollsters can sway a poll to get the results that they want simply by the way they ask a question. It wasn't as much about media bias (although there was clearly some of that in there) as it was about polling bias.

Immie

red states rule
11-18-2008, 11:08 AM
And that was hilarious too.

If anything the clip was showing that pollsters can sway a poll to get the results that they want simply by the way they ask a question. It wasn't as much about media bias (although there was clearly some of that in there) as it was about polling bias.

Immie

However, there is no doubt the liberal media was in the tank for Obama, and they slanted their coverage to cast Obama/Biden in the best possible light possible - while going out of their way to bash McCain/Palin

Hull
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Very interesting website, I think that to those that didn't vote for him, it doesn't come as a surprise............... says a lot about the stupidity of the voting public, even the well educated as you will see at the bottom of the site....... scary that these idiots are allowed to vote.

http://howobamagotelected.com/

I think most of the blame lays squarely at the feet of the media, which has such a liberal bias it's borderline criminal. (See fairness doctrine.)

Immanuel
11-18-2008, 11:25 AM
However, there is no doubt the liberal media was in the tank for Obama, and they slanted their coverage to cast Obama/Biden in the best possible light possible - while going out of their way to bash McCain/Palin

Of course, Obama was their prince this time around. You don't actually expect the media to present unbiased reporting do you? Unbiased reporting went the way of the Dodo bird a long time ago.

Immie

red states rule
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Of course, Obama was their prince this time around. You don't actually expect the media to present unbiased reporting do you? Unbiased reporting went the way of the Dodo bird a long time ago.

Immie

Now I want to see how they "report" when their messiah goes back on some of his promises, and does not deliver on all his freebies to the masses

Immanuel
11-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Now I want to see how they "report" when their messiah goes back on some of his promises, and does not deliver on all his freebies to the masses

Those weren't promises. They were ideas he'd like to see implemented, but the Republican party with just enough to keep a filibuster going are always in the way.

Immie

red states rule
11-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Those weren't promises. They were ideas he'd like to see implemented, but the Republican party with just enough to keep a filibuster going are always in the way.

Immie

The messiah promised to close GITMO, pull out of Iraq ASAP, new spending to the the tune of $1.4 trillion, repeal FISA, his global tax idea - according to the NY Times (and other sources) his staff is now having second thoughts

Yes, the kook left may be the ones going after Obama before the right does

Des
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
It would be laughable if it wasn't so prevaliant. We had a group of people voting with their hearts instead of with their brains.

EVERYONE should have a rudimentary knowledge of the candidate they are voting for and their competition. Or do you disagree?

I agree, but I most certainly did not vote with my "heart", and I definetly do have a knowledge and respect for all candidates. Generalizations don't work all the time, especially when you are attempting to generalize a situation with so many factors.

Sitarro
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
The problem with stats like this being that in allot of sketchs tina fey only changed a few words, meaning what sarah was saying sounded very much like what tina was saying, because in gerneral they were saying the same thing,

case and point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZW4z9zqqY&feature=related

You are full of it, she didn't say anything remotely close to what that dolt, Tina Fey said.

-Cp
11-20-2008, 06:59 AM
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

-Cp
11-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Let’s start with Zogby’s numbers. The poll surveyed over 500 self-professed Obama voters and has an MOE of 4.4%, with 55% having a college degree and over 90% having a high-school diploma. It asked 12 multiple-choice questions; only 2.4% got at least 11 correct. Only .5% got all them correct.

57.4 could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
81.8 could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
82.6 could NOT correctly say that Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
56.1 % could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).And yet…..
Only 13.7% failed to identify Palin as the person their party spent $150,000 in clothes on
And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her “house,” even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1641

Hull
11-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Bottom line, Obama voters were undereducated, ill informed, morons. We knew that, and as Obama's Presidential term unfolds, it's going to become very clear that they elected a flim, flam man. He puts on a good show, but he's nothing more than a stuffed shirt.

namvet
11-20-2008, 10:13 AM
just like Klinton, Osama was elected by the MSM. which is now his propaganda dept. and run by Kieth overbite.

PostmodernProphet
11-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Let’s start with Zogby’s numbers. The poll surveyed over 500 self-professed Obama voters and has an MOE of 4.4%, with 55% having a college degree and over 90% having a high-school diploma. It asked 12 multiple-choice questions; only 2.4% got at least 11 correct. Only .5% got all them correct.

57.4 could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
81.8 could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
82.6 could NOT correctly say that Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
56.1 % could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).And yet…..
Only 13.7% failed to identify Palin as the person their party spent $150,000 in clothes on
And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her “house,” even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1641

not to mention that 100% could not tell you what his platform was.....

darin
11-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Remember the 80-20 rule? 20% of your classmates were squared away. The other 80% were doofuses and idiots. Now...Idiots can vote.

gabosaurus
11-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Think of all the really stupid people who swung the 2000 and 2004 elections. Guess they were too stupid to vote this time.

crin63
11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Think of all the really stupid people who swung the 2000 and 2004 elections. Guess they were too stupid to vote this time.

Its not nice to talk about single women and color sensitive minorities that way. :coffee:

red states rule
11-20-2008, 04:16 PM
It looks like Obama voters know more about American Idol then they do about the man they put in the Oval Office

red states rule
11-20-2008, 04:45 PM

You mean you did not vote this year?

Trigg
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM
The people they interviewed were morons IMHO.

I do like the fact that they used the same people in the video instead of cutting and pasting 100 different people in order to show only wrong answers.

I will say though that I hadn't heard that Obama had his opposition kicked off the ballot.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
The people they interviewed were morons IMHO.

I do like the fact that they used the same people in the video instead of cutting and pasting 100 different people in order to show only wrong answers.

I will say though that I hadn't heard that Obama had his opposition kicked off the ballot.

They are either morons or uninformed. the liberal media made sure they did not report anything bad about Obama and Biden - and ran daily hit pieces of McCain, Gov Palin, and Republicans in general

Trigg, according to the Zogby poll, there were not alot of correct answers to putin the video

The Obama voters admitted they got their "news" from CNN, and the BY Times

That is why they did not have a clue about what Obama and Biden did and believe in