PDA

View Full Version : it's here... :)

darin
11-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Exercising my 2nd amendment rights - got the CCW today.

:D

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/misc/ccw.jpg

LiberalNation
11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
6"7, you're really tall or is it 67 in or a made up pic.

Mr. P
11-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Interesting our permits are good for 5 yrs..and (since July 08) we can carry in the car loaded and concealed without a permit. BTW...I won't swear to it but I think your permit is good in Ga. too. Unless it's a fake. :)

MtnBiker
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
6"7, you're really tall or is it 67 in or a made up pic.

No, he really is 6' 7", but he is not 35, being born in 62 would make him 46.

Yurt
11-17-2008, 09:26 PM
i thought i was the only race "o" member on this planet, we must meet

Kathianne
11-17-2008, 09:29 PM

My daughter's bf is 6'8'. She is 5'6". We stood for photos at wedding. If I don't look too bad, I'll post them. I'm 5'1". :laugh2: Sandwiched between tall and giant!

My boys are 5'9" and 5'11", seems reasonable. My brother is 6'2" and my dad was 6'1". Seems my brother could have been 6' and left me at 5'3"? That's one reason for sibling rivalry. :laugh2:

crin63
11-17-2008, 11:06 PM

I also don't think the name on the license would be DMP.

darin
11-17-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm 6'1" and 35 yrs old. My initials are NOT dmp, btw. :)

My 'Race' is "O" for "other" because I didn't like the choices presented to me. :D

Unfortunately:

Licenses Are Honored By:
Alabama FL, ID, IN, KY, MI, MS, ND, NH, UT, WY
Georgia FL*, ID, IN, KY, MT, NH*, TN, UT, WY

What i DON'T get is why AL and GA would honor MANY of the same state laws, but not one-another. :(

Oh well - at least I won't have to put the weapon in my trunk when I drive 50 miles east. :)

Edit: Strike that - that was data from 2002. I just found this:

Honors AL Permit:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wyoming

http://www.usacarry.com/alabama_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Looks like i'm good to go anywhere in the south except SC. Am I reading it right?

More good reading about AL - I consider this to be a VERY REASONABLE piece of law:

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/13A-3-23.htm

darin
11-18-2008, 11:04 AM
OH! And the county Sheriff is NOT Brian Bosworth, either ;)

gabosaurus
11-18-2008, 09:39 PM
What an awesome gun. I do hope you are going to leave it out for the family to admire.

Mr. P
11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
What an awesome gun. I do hope you are going to leave it out for the family to admire.

Admire? HELL..ya teach em to use it and respect its capability! That's the only way to go. I suppose yer hubbies gun is hidden away somewhere, huh?

crin63
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Admire? HELL..ya teach em to use it and respect its capability! That's the only way to go. I suppose yer hubbies gun is hidden away somewhere, huh?

She's usually hoping that one of the kids will get it and injure or kill themselves so she can say see I told you so. I'm not quite sure how to take her post.

Mr. P
11-18-2008, 10:53 PM
She's usually hoping that one of the kids will get it and injure or kill themselves so she can say see I told you so. I'm not quite sure how to take her post.

Take it as you would spam.

darin
11-19-2008, 08:07 AM
I shot my boy last night.

I was doing the pencil-up-near-a-wall trick (Paper target on the wall, pencil in barrel, and practicing my trigger squeaze). I thought I'd try to shoot the pencil across the room - wouldn't ya know it? Went about 4 feet! My boy saw it and started playing "you SHOT me! You shot me right in the arm!"

:)

KitchenKitten99
11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
my buddy JD just bought 3 new toys yesterday (the ones I circled in red), spending a little over $2k on them, adding to his collection:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/JDarsenal.jpg

crin63
11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
my buddy JD just bought 3 new toys yesterday (the ones I circled in red), spending a little over $2k on them, adding to his collection:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/JDarsenal.jpg

I love the AR-15. I built one that style for my 19 year old son.

I bought $1400 worth of .308 and 30.06 ammo last night for $200. I sold the 30.06 for $200. I stocked up on 600 rounds of .308. :thumb:

Little-Acorn
11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm 5'1". :laugh2:

Seems my brother could have been 6' and left me at 5'3"?

See? You've gained two inches, just in the time it took you to write that post!

Is this a great board or what? :dance:

Kathianne
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
See? You've gained two inches, just in the time it took you to write that post!

Is this a great board or what? :dance:

:lol:

darin
11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Gabby will be sad...

I took more steps to help ensure the safe storage of my pistol. I'm pretty sure she'd like nothing more than an innocent friend or family of mine to find my pistol and die.

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/misc/pistolsafe.jpg

It's a GunVault Mini. I got it for $60 online -$55 less than the local gun shop was asking.

Features:

ROCK-SOLID CONSTRUCTION

Outside is constructed of 16-gauge steel.
Soft foam on the inside protects valuables.
High-Strength lock mechanism performs reliably, time after time.

FOOLPROOF SECURITY

Precise fittings are virtually impossible to pry open with hand tools.
Built-in computer blocks access after repeated invalid keypad entries.
Tamper indicator alerts you to invalid entry attempts.

CUSTOMIZABLE CONVENIENCE

Battery power provides maximum security and easy portablility.
Optional high-strength security cable secures GunVault in home, car, RV, office or motel.
Mounts almost anywhere, in any direction.
"Learn buttons" make it easy to program over 12 million user-selectable access codes.

ADVANCED ACCESS

Conveniently located keypad is easy to use.
Unique No-Eyes® Keypad allows for quick access.
Audio feedback confirms each correct keypad entry.
Audio disable option adds the security of operating in silent mode

It's not a "Safe" in terms of what I expect to buy as my arsenal grows - but it's another safeguard with a couple benefits:

1-quick access in the dark - touch pad is great.
2-Will stop the casual 'lurker' in the house just looking for something fast.

For the price, it was an easy decision.

Mr. P
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Gabby will be sad...

I took more steps to help ensure the safe storage of my pistol. I'm pretty sure she'd like nothing more than an innocent friend or family of mine to find my pistol and die.

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/misc/pistolsafe.jpg

It's a GunVault Mini. I got it for $60 online -$55 less than the local gun shop was asking.

Features:

It's not a "Safe" in terms of what I expect to buy as my arsenal grows - but it's another safeguard with a couple benefits:

1-quick access in the dark - touch pad is great.
2-Will stop the casual 'lurker' in the house just looking for something fast.

For the price, it was an easy decision.

Excellent price..and a very good move. :thumb: