PDA

View Full Version : Christians worshiping in gay area

11-18-2008, 02:32 AM
needless to say there were some sparks flying

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrRxFoBSPng&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrRxFoBSPng&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81310

I cant help but notice the double standard here.

We are supposed to embrace angry gay protesters around our Churches. Yet Christians peacefully walk through a gay area, and its totally untolerable.

Warning: Video has some strong language

Sitarro
11-18-2008, 02:48 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrRxFoBSPng&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrRxFoBSPng&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We are supposed to embrace angry gay protesters around our Churches. Yet Christians peacefully walk through a gay area, and its totally untolerable.

Judging from the incessant whistles, homos are only happy when they're blowing something........ anything. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

crin63
11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
We had a couple of lesbians show up at my church on Sunday. They were very polite, we were very polite and I talked them into staying to eat with us after the service.
What I know is that they heard the gospel preached to them. We treated them very well and I invited them to come back. If they don't repent and come to Jesus things will be worse for them at the great white throne judgment than they were before they came in and heard the gospel preached. We gave them no occasion to blame us personally for rejecting the gospel.

Des
11-18-2008, 09:35 AM
We had a couple of lesbians show up at my church on Sunday. They were very polite, we were very polite and I talked them into staying to eat with us after the service.
What I know is that they heard the gospel preached to them. We treated them very well and I invited them to come back. If they don't repent and come to Jesus things will be worse for them at the great white throne judgment than they were before they came in and heard the gospel preached. We gave them no occasion to blame us personally for rejecting the gospel.

It amazes me how full of love some human beings are.

crin63
11-18-2008, 09:41 AM

What more do you want?
We showed them great love and its my sincerest hope that God will use that message in their lives, that our conduct in how friendly we were had an impact, that they might turn from their wicked lifestyle and embrace Christ. You cant show anyone more love than that.

11-18-2008, 09:50 AM

Would you prefer people who will chase those they disagree with out of their neighborhoods with swearing, violence, and anger?

Des
11-18-2008, 09:53 AM
What more do you want? We showed them great love.

I only hope someday I can be blessed with the same kind of loving reception.

Nukeman
11-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Would you prefer people who will chase those they disagree with out of their neighborhoods with swearing, violence, and anger?

But thats OK they are a minority after all, they have been put down for soo long they NEED to vent!!!!:slap:

Nukeman
You get what you give.... It doesn't get any simpler than that!!!!!!!!!

Des

I never base my opinion about an entire situation or population on a video clip.

Des
11-18-2008, 09:55 AM
You get what you give.... It doesn't get any simpler than that!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I know it. If I'm loving, caring, and helpful to my fellow man, it will be returned to me ten-fold, as long as I'm not homosexual.

Nukeman
11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh, I know it. If I'm loving, caring, and helpful to my fellow man, it will be returned to me ten-fold, as long as I'm not homosexual.
and where did I state that???? Care to elaborate???? Or are you jsut putting words in my mouth!!!!!!!!!!????????

Nukeman
11-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Oh, I know it. If I'm loving, caring, and helpful to my fellow man, it will be returned to me ten-fold, as long as I'm not homosexual.You forget the tenet of "love the sinner but hate the sin"

11-18-2008, 10:08 AM
I never base my opinion about an entire situation or population on a video clip.

Yeah. why should we believe what happened?

crin63
11-18-2008, 10:25 AM

You wanted equality and tolerance. That's what those women got. I treat everyone the same way that comes to my church. Had they caused a disruption or started a problem they would have also gotten the same treatment as anyone else. I would have kicked them out. I sat right behind them just like I do any time I or someone else perceive that a situation could arise. I'm the head usher and I'm the greeter.

Hull
11-18-2008, 10:51 AM

I can't help but feel as though I've just witnessed the devil himself in action.

Des
11-18-2008, 11:18 AM
You wanted equality and tolerance. That's what those women got. I treat everyone the same way that comes to my church. Had they caused a disruption or started a problem they would have also gotten the same treatment as anyone else. I would have kicked them out. I sat right behind them just like I do any time I or someone else perceive that a situation could arise. I'm the head usher and I'm the greeter.

Spirituality is not suppose to be an ego trip.

crin63
11-18-2008, 11:19 AM

What ego trip? Just stating the circumstances, which you apparently don't like.

11-18-2008, 11:23 AM

Ego trip?

Des
11-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Ego trip?

There is a clear difference between being humble and treating people equally. Perception, especially about your own situation, plays a big part in it.

Yurt
11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
There is a clear difference between being humble and treating people equally. Perception, especially about your own situation, plays a big part in it.

where in the bible does it say to treat all people equally, given the thread, those committing homosexual acts? if you don't like how crin handled the situation from a secular perspective, fine, great, but if you have a problem with what he did from a biblical perspective, come out and say it and provide authority or reasoning as to why what crin did violates anything in teh bible.

Yurt
11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
somehow i think the scene in the video has also taken place in biblical times and wrote about in the bible

it is interesting that des will not comment on the angry actions of those yelling/threatening the peaceful folks, and instead goes after the peaceful folks and willfully ignores the evidence

maybe des supports such action

hjmick
11-18-2008, 12:51 PM
somehow i think the scene in the video has also taken place in biblical times and wrote about in the bible

it is interesting that des will not comment on the angry actions of those yelling/threatening the peaceful folks, and instead goes after the peaceful folks and willfully ignores the evidence

Kind of reminds me of Truthmatters...

Nukeman
11-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Kind of reminds me of Truthmatters...

Uh oh now you did it. just don't say its name 3x or it will turn up and be stupid all over again!:coffee:

Des
11-18-2008, 02:08 PM

It's a copy and pasted video from the internet. The people making it could have aggrivated the situation, ect. I don't know what happened, and I'm not going to base my opinion about an entire group of people on an emotional reaction to a youtube video. I wouldn't either way. Especially when Christians (majority of people who identify with this faith) are getting at the radical idea that they are the ones being persecuted.

crin63
11-18-2008, 03:11 PM

I am humble and I do treat new people equally. I'm the first man that most new people meet when they walk up to my church, I am friendly and welcoming.

With the way that homosexuals having been acting, any that might show up, I consider that there is a potential for them to be disruptive so I sit behind them in case there is a problem. When I have some gang-banger or any other person who appears questionable I sit behind them as well.

I personally invited those women to stay and eat with us, actually I talked them into staying, in the hopes that they might come back and hear more preaching as a result of seeing how well they were treated. I also personally invited them back for our evening service. That is exactly how I treat everyone that comes to my church for the first time and for subsequent visits. I just figure every new person that walks up is need of Jesus and I do my best to keep them coming back.

So apparently you want some kind of special treatment since I already treat everyone equally and you don't like it.