PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Truly Ignorant of Republican Principles

JackDaniels
11-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Wow. This guy is angry. Yet he stole a quote from my signature. :thumb:

Full story: http://policyinaction.com/2008/11/mike-huckabee-truly-ignorant-of-republican-principles/

I’m at a loss for where to begin. I guess we’ll jump right in.

During last night’s episode of Hannity and Colmes, Mike Huckabee was asked who he sees as a problem within the Republican Party. His response:

HUCKABEE: I think they are people who have become, in their minds, the integral part of the Republican Party who are, in fact, not classic Republicans. Here’s what I’m saying. Hard core libertarians.

It goes without saying that Mike Huckabee is showing that he is vastly uneducated and ignorant of the history of the Republican Party and the principles of limited government.

First, let’s look at two heroes of the Republican Party.

Ronald Reagan once said that “If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism.”

So, right off the bat, Huckabee is directly contradicting Ronald Reagan. Next:

Barry Goldwater was an ideological libertarian who disdained the religious right. Goldwater was pro-choice (he helped his daughter get an illegal abortion in 1955 and his wife co-founded the first Planned Parenthood branch in Phoenix). He was pro-equality for gays. He believed that morality had no place in government, even once remarking that:

“I’m frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in “A,” “B,” “C” and “D.” Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?”

Read the rest at link above...

eighballsidepocket
11-19-2008, 12:10 PM
There is a distinction between hardcore libertarianism, and libertarianism.

Hardcore:
1. legalize all street drugs
2. Allow the 2nd amendment to include 50 calibre machine guns, cannons, grenades, land minds, land to land and land to air rockets....
3. No Taxations
4. Absolutely no profiling of any kind by law inforcement.
5. No Federal home security
6. etc.......You fill in the rest of the blanks......
7. Do not pursue an enemy of our country beyond our shores.
8. No "Gitmo".......No military presence anywhere but within our international or continental limits.
9. No Monroe doctrine

I know some hardcore libertarians, and I'm not exaggerating. :salute:

Sitarro
11-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Speaking of Libertarians, where is Bob Barr and will anyone remember who he is in another month? With all of the votes counted, did he ever make it to 1% of the total?

Mr. P
11-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Speaking of Libertarians, where is Bob Barr and will anyone remember who he is in another month? With all of the votes counted, did he ever make it to 1% of the total?

He didn't have a snowballs chance..here is what he did by state.

http://www.lp.org/2008-presidential-results

Des
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM
This may be completely unrelated, but when I talk to most people who were voting either democrat or republican, they all seemed to support libertarian principles. It's really interesting.

11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I could have told you that Huckabee was ignorant.

5stringJeff
11-21-2008, 05:20 PM
I can't believe I ever supported Huckabee. [hangs head in shame]