PDA

View Full Version : IAEA: Syrian Bombed Site Resembled Atom Plant

Kathianne
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow, those Israelis sure cause trouble for no reason :rolleyes: Iran is the puppetmaster, so why be concerned?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081119/ts_nm/us_nuclear_iaea_syria

Syria site hit by Israel resembled atom plant: IAEA

By Mark Heinrich
1 hr 12 mins ago

VIENNA (Reuters) – A Syrian complex bombed by Israel bore multiple features resembling those of a nuclear reactor and U.N. inspectors found "significant" traces of uranium at the site, a watchdog report said on Wednesday.

But the International Atomic Energy Agency report said the findings from an inspectors trip to the site in June were not enough to conclude a covert reactor was there. It said further investigation and greater Syrian transparency were needed.

Obtained by Reuters, the nuclear safeguards report said Syria would be asked to show to inspectors debris and equipment whisked away from the site at Al-Kibar in the country's eastern desert after the September 2007 Israeli air raid.

The United States gave intelligence to the IAEA last April that Washington said indicated the site was a reactor that was close to being built with North Korean assistance and designed to produce plutonium for atomic bombs.
Syria, an ally of Iran whose disputed uranium enrichment program has been under IAEA investigation for years, says the site destroyed was a conventional military building and the uranium traces must have come from munitions used to bomb it.

Damascus has dismissed as fabricated the satellite imagery, ground pictures of the site taken before Israel's attack and other intelligence underpinning the investigation....

moon
12-04-2008, 10:54 AM
But the International Atomic Energy Agency report said the findings from an inspectors trip to the site in June were not enough to conclude a covert reactor was there.

Evidently it wasn't there then. It existed only in the realms of speculation, propaganda and Zionist paranoia. Evidently.

The report complained that the investigation had been "severely hampered by (Israel's) unilateral use of force" and by a U.S. failure to hand over relevant intelligence until seven months after the bombing.
Guilty. Evidently.

hjmick
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Evidently it wasn't there then. It existed only in the realms of speculation, propaganda and Zionist paranoia. Evidently.

Guilty. Evidently.

Is that you Tom Cullen?

manu1959
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM

Guilty. Evidently.

one has to wonder why syria did not complain or launch a counter attack............

Nukeman
12-04-2008, 01:48 PM
one has to wonder why syria did not complain or launch a counter attack............
And there my friend is the 50 millions dollar question, that no one will answer!!!:dance:

Said1
12-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Is that you Tom Cullen?

M-O-O-N. That spells evidently. :laugh2:

moon
12-05-2008, 04:32 AM
manu1959;

Syria's reluctance to take on the joint militaries of the Zionists and their US backers is not evidence of anything, other than Syrian prudence. That they did follow all the usual channels of complaint is evidenced;

Syria yesterday called for an immediate session of the UN security council to condemn the morning Israeli attack on its territory which its foreign minister, Farouq al-Shara, called a "grave escalation" of tensions in the Middle East.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/10-5-2003-46188.asp

Syria also complained . bitterly, about the next US/Zionist effort to promote Middle East conflict;

Syria calls US diplomat in controversy over raid
Agencies

DAMASCUS: The Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday summoned the US charge d’affaires in protest at a military raid on Syria, Syrian news agency SANA reported.

The Syrian Foreign Ministry said it was waiting for clarification from the Iraqi and US governments on the raid that killed eight people near Syria’s border with Iraq. Syria called the raid “unacceptable for Syria’s sovereignty” and said it could take measures in response. No further details were given.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=4&section=0&article=115937&d=30&m=10&y=2008

Syria demanded on Tuesday that the United Nations Security Council take action against the U.S. over a helicopter raid on its soil on Sunday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1032215.html

So, Syria's 'failure to complain' is as much a fairy tale as Syria's 'advanced reactor due to go online within months '. It doesn't quite rate with Saddam's wmd, in the fairytale stakes, but it's up to intelligent people to ensure that it never does. Add Ahmadinejad's nuclear capability to that Zionist fiction.

moon
12-05-2008, 05:02 AM
said1;

M-O-O-N. That spells evidently.

I'm not sure of the rules here yet, nor the favoritisms of the mods, if any, but that looks like juvenile trolling to me. You gonna keep it up ?

Yurt
12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
said1;

I'm not sure of the rules here yet, nor the favoritisms of the mods, if any, but that looks like juvenile trolling to me. You gonna keep it up ?

trolling....

moon
12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Your 'bold' illustration stops short of the entire phrase. Essentially, you are misquoting. Try again.

hjmick
12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
said1;

You're going to need a thicker skin if you have any expectation of surviving around here bub.

moon
12-05-2008, 11:16 AM
That's fine. As soon as I know what is, and what isn't, tolerated I can select the appropriate club. Meanwhile, I'm on record as stating a preference for polite and factual on-topic debate. When you get down to it, nothing cuts as deep as the truth, and that's the good debater's speciality.

Nukeman
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
manu1959;

Syria's reluctance to take on the joint militaries of the Zionists and their US backers is not evidence of anything, other than Syrian prudence. That they did follow all the usual channels of complaint is evidenced;

Syria also complained . bitterly, about the next US/Zionist effort to promote Middle East conflict;

So, Syria's 'failure to complain' is as much a fairy tale as Syria's 'advanced reactor due to go online within months '. It doesn't quite rate with Saddam's wmd, in the fairytale stakes, but it's up to intelligent people to ensure that it never does. Add Ahmadinejad's nuclear capability to that Zionist fiction.
Yet YOU failed to tell the whole story!!! Like most who have an agenda of some sort or another YOU are willing to overlook the possiblity that the Syrian government condemnd the act in order to save face with the Muslim world, but behind closed doors they initiated it and supported it. You should admit to yourself that your anti Isreal and anti US .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article5062848.ece

The Syrian regime immediately denounced the raid for violating its sovereignty, froze high-level diplomatic relations with Washington and protested at the United Nations in a ritualised show of anger.

However, sources in Washington last week revealed to The Sunday Times an intriguingly different background to the events in Sukariyeh.

According to one source, the special forces operation had taken place with the full cooperation of the Syrian intelligence services.

“Immediately after 9/11, Syrian intelligence cooperation was remarkable,” said the Washington source. “Then ties were broken off, but they have resumed recently.”

Abu Ghadiya was feared by the Syrians as an agent of Islamic fundamentalism who was hostile to the secular regime in Damascus. It would be expedient for Syria if America would eliminate him.

moon
12-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Nukeman;

Yet YOU failed to tell the whole story!!!

Not at all. You are complaining because I've omitted another slab of rank speculation that just happens to suit your agenda. The facts are that Syria protested to the UN, a fact previously denied in this thread in relation to the Zionist air attack. Your posturing over their motive for protesting is , like the OP, speculation. They protested, as would any State whose sovereignty is violated. What they didn't do was broadcast that they were in fact building covert nuclear weapons or harboring any real terrorists. Suggestions, or even implications to the contrary are false.

Nukeman
12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Nukeman;

Not at all. You are complaining because I've omitted another slab of rank speculation that just happens to suit your agenda. The facts are that Syria protested to the UN, a fact previously denied in this thread in relation to the Zionist air attack. Your posturing over their motive for protesting is , like the OP, speculation. They protested, as would any State whose sovereignty is violated. What they didn't do was broadcast that they were in fact building covert nuclear weapons or harboring any real terrorists. Suggestions, or even implications to the contrary are false.
Ohh yes because EVERY country out there that is harboring terrorist broadcast it to the world. give me a break!! I suppose YOU believe Iran is actually developing nuclear power for energy, I mean they are only sitting on one of the largest oil resserves in the world so I can see why they would NEED nuclear power for "peaceful" reasons and NOT for weapons......

moon
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Ask them. Give your speculating powers a holiday.

Nukeman
12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Ask them. Give your speculating powers a holiday.
You first, go ask all those countries that breed terrorist and recruit young impressionable men and women to commit murder all so they can have a fullfilling afterlife. I don't have to speculate that there are terrorist inthose countries they are in EVERY country including our own. YOU obviously don't like the US or Isreal so what is your point and problem with them.

I am going to make a prediction that the only threads YOU post in will be the one bashing isreal!!!! :coffee:

moon
12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
You'd be partially correct, as freeing Palestine is in my job description. I'm also active in other worthwhile areas though, so you're partially wrong too.

hjmick
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM
You'd be partially correct, as freeing Palestine is in my job description. I'm also active in other worthwhile areas though, so you're partially wrong too.

So you admit to having a bias concerning the issue.

Nukeman
12-05-2008, 01:53 PM
How do you free a nonexistant country???

moon
12-05-2008, 02:10 PM
hjmick;

So you admit to having a bias concerning the issue.

I have a preference for truth and justice as opposed to lies and injustice. It just so happens that Zionism is founded upon lies and injustice and so I'm, naturally, against it. Zionists, you will perhaps recall, lobbied for the attack on Iraq as a matter of urgency in the face of Saddam's wmd stocks. All those American soldiers killed in Iraq have nothing to blame the Palestinians for. Neither do up to a million dead Iraqis. It doesn't take a great deal of mental effort to put aside identical Zionist claims for Syria. First the lie, then the injustice. They are Zionism's left and right feet.

Incidentally, I don't believe there can be any talk of 'impartiality' with regard to the occupation of Palestine. Anybody claiming to be impartial simply hasn't looked at the issue in any depth. So your mention of 'bias' is rather meaningless.

Yurt
12-05-2008, 02:33 PM
hjmick;

I have a preference for truth and justice as opposed to lies and injustice. It just so happens that Zionism is founded upon lies and injustice and so I'm, naturally, against it. Zionists, you will perhaps recall, lobbied for the attack on Iraq as a matter of urgency in the face of Saddam's wmd stocks. All those American soldiers killed in Iraq have nothing to blame the Palestinians for. Neither do up to a million dead Iraqis. It doesn't take a great deal of mental effort to put aside identical Zionist claims for Syria. First the lie, then the injustice. They are Zionism's left and right feet.

Incidentally, I don't believe there can be any talk of 'impartiality' with regard to the occupation of Palestine. Anybody claiming to be impartial simply hasn't looked at the issue in any depth. So your mention of 'bias' is rather meaningless.

no iraqis lobbied the US to get rid of saddam, no iraqis provided intel to the US?

Nukeman
12-05-2008, 02:34 PM
hjmick;

I have a preference for truth and justice as opposed to lies and injustice. It just so happens that Zionism is founded upon lies and injustice and so I'm, naturally, against it. Zionists, you will perhaps recall, lobbied for the attack on Iraq as a matter of urgency in the face of Saddam's wmd stocks. All those American soldiers killed in Iraq have nothing to blame the Palestinians for. Neither do up to a million dead Iraqis. It doesn't take a great deal of mental effort to put aside identical Zionist claims for Syria. First the lie, then the injustice. They are Zionism's left and right feet. and WHO killed all those Iraqi's??

Just as your denial of any bias is meaningless....

moon
12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Yurt;

no iraqis lobbied the US to get rid of saddam....?

You're saying that Iraqis urged the US to attack them ?

Nukeman;

Just as your denial of any bias is meaningless....

You're laboring under at least two illusions; that 'bias' is somehow unhealthy and that I'd rather be a Poser for neutrality than an advocator of justice and the application of international law.

Yurt
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Yurt;

You're saying that Iraqis urged the US to attack them ?

Nukeman;

You're laboring under at least two illusions; that 'bias' is somehow unhealthy and that I'd rather be a Poser for neutrality than an advocator of justice and the application of international law.

answer my question, don't tapdance like sammy davis

moon
12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
You didn't ask a question. You made an implication. Now, either dance or clear the floor.

Yurt
12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
You didn't ask a question. You made an implication. Now, either dance or clear the floor.

you're just jealous because you're not my type...

no iraqis lobbied the US to get rid of saddam, no iraqis provided intel to the US?

see the question mark? here, let me make real simple:

DID no iraqis lobbY the US to get rid of saddam, no iraqis provided intel to the US?

moon
12-05-2008, 04:40 PM
You posed the possibility, you provide the answer you require. Don't waterboard yourself though, it probably isn't worth it.