PDA

View Full Version : Romney: Let Detroit go bankrupt

-Cp
11-20-2008, 06:56 AM
I couldn't agree with him more:

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27801735#27801735" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Kathianne
11-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Agreed. He wrote a great editorial yesterday too, I believe in NY Times of all places. ;)

I couldn't agree with him more:

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27801735#27801735" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Nukeman
11-20-2008, 07:09 AM
Translation: Break the UAW that is running the companies into the ground with their demands and unsustainable cost. :coffee:

Classact
11-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Translation: Break the UAW that is running the companies into the ground with their demands and unsustainable cost. :coffee:So you think paying employees full pay for four months after closing a facility is unreasonable? Manning thousands of dealerships across America as though no foreign autos have entered the American market is unreasonable even though they mostly lose money? GM used to turn a profit on their credit sector but they sold that cash cow so now the American tax payer should pony up to make up the loss, why is this so unreasonable to tax payers?

Nukeman
11-20-2008, 07:41 AM
So you think paying employees full pay for four months after closing a facility is unreasonable? Manning thousands of dealerships across America as though no foreign autos have entered the American market is unreasonable even though they mostly lose money? GM used to turn a profit on their credit sector but they sold that cash cow so now the American tax payer should pony up to make up the loss, why is this so unreasonable to tax payers?

Dude DID YOU READ MY POST.

if not here it is again

Break the UAW that is running the companies into the ground with their demands and unsustainable cost.

Chill out and try COMPREHENSION it helps in the long run...:coffee:

Hull
11-20-2008, 07:50 AM

if not here it is again

Break the UAW that is running the companies into the ground with their demands and unsustainable cost.

Chill out and try COMPREHENSION it helps in the long run...:coffee:

If the UAW goes down, there'll be hell to pay. They won't go down without a fight. And Obama is into them deep. He owes them. How many of them do you think voted for him? Probably most to all of them, and are they going to be happy with him if the unions are shoved out of the American auto industry? Can you say JFK? So there's a real fight brewing over this whole mess.

I do agree though the union has to go.

Classact
11-20-2008, 07:54 AM

if not here it is again

Chill out and try COMPREHENSION it helps in the long run...:coffee:My post was intended to be sarcastic, but not towards you. I was being the devils advocate for a far left viewpoint... I understand you and I agree that the unions are the problem along with a failing managment.

Nukeman
11-20-2008, 07:56 AM
My post was intended to be sarcastic, but not towards you. I was being the devils advocate for a far left viewpoint... I understand you and I agree that the unions are the problem along with a failing managment.OK I was wondering where you were going with that:cool:

They (the unions) have overreached for so many years they are a drain on the companies and employees!!

Classact
11-20-2008, 08:06 AM
OK I was wondering where you were going with that:cool:

They (the unions) have overreached for so many years they are a drain on the companies and employees!!
Well if the Dems have their way Wallmart will be in the same condition in about four years with Waxman/Obama legislation union card check and the executives can come before congress and demand to be bailed out too. Unions are only fair if everyone has one... I'll hold out for the husband's union before I join in.

Hull
11-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Well if the Dems have their way Wallmart will be in the same condition in about four years with Waxman/Obama legislation union card check and the executives can come before congress and demand to be bailed out too. Unions are only fair if everyone has one... I'll hold out for the husband's union before I join in.

Walmart is where they're at because they don't have a union. Maybe the American auto industry should look to them for restructuring advice.

Classact
11-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Walmart is where they're at because they don't have a union. Maybe the American auto industry should look to them for restructuring advice.
The Democrats have Walmart on their hit list, to them Walmart is an oppresive evil employer, almost as evil as GW Bush... they must unionize so union supermarkets can stay in business... Card Check will assure Walmart unionizes unless Walmart calls China and tells the Chinese leadership to call Obama and tell him no Card Check if they want China to buy American debt... Walmart can threaten China that they will close all stores if unions are forced on them and that could destroy China's economy.