PDA

View Full Version : Bush administration: Most evil ever?

GW in Ohio
11-20-2008, 08:21 AM
This is one of those news stories where you don't know whether to laugh or cry....

After doing everything it can before leaving office to weaken the laws requiring industries to protect our air quality, the Bush administration is now turning its attention to the animal kingdom, in an attempt to weaken protections for endangered species that have been in place for decades.

It's almost as though Bush and his people are looking beyond their reputation as the worst administration ever (they've pretty much locked that up), and are now going after the title of Most Evil Administration in U.S. History.

Here is the story from the Associated Press:

Bush set to relax endangered species rules

By DINA CAPPIELLO – 10 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Animals and plants in danger of becoming extinct could lose the protection of government experts who make sure that dams, highways and other projects don't pose a threat, under regulations the Bush administration is set to put in place before President-elect Obama can reverse them.

The rules must be published Friday to take effect before Obama is sworn in Jan. 20. Otherwise, he can undo them with the stroke of a pen.

The Interior Department rushed to complete the rules in three months over the objections of lawmakers and environmentalists who argued that they would weaken how a landmark conservation law is applied.

Read the entire story here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hXBV9U9SBb_hysHw0UpNdHvcmx4gD94ICH781

GW in Ohio
11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
One of my favorite parts of this story is this quote from Interior Department spokesperson Tina Kreisher:

"We started this; we want to finish this."

Translation: "We would very much like to complete the job of killing off endangered species that we began when we took office."

sigh........

Joe Steel
11-20-2008, 08:28 AM
It's almost as though Bush and his people are looking beyond their reputation as the worst administration ever (they've pretty much locked that up), and are now going after the title of Most Evil Administration in U.S. History.

They've got my vote.

They've started unjust wars, destroyed the American economy, endangered the world economy and now are trying to destroy wildlife.

Can anyone honestly doubt the evil of the Bush regime?

stephanie
11-20-2008, 08:53 AM
The dramatics are a nice touch..:rolleyes:

crin63
11-20-2008, 10:09 AM
The laws and regulations regarding endangered critters I have had to deal with in California are ridiculous. I wholeheartedly support a repeal of that kind of complete and utter nonsense.

Heres how ridiculous it is. In order to get to an offroad jobsite where a water treatment plant was being built the general contractor had to put up 6 miles of 18" high lizard fence to keep lizards from being run over. If you scared or disturbed a lizard in any way it was considered the same thing as killing it. After having scared the first lizard in was a $10,000.00 fine with a multiplier for each additional lizard scared. The same thing applied to kangaroo rats, kitt fox and a whole host of other critters. Flash cards were issued to each employee.

If you came across one of the critters you had to stop, sit and wait for it to move along its merry way while a truckload of men waiting to work are still on the clock making union wages. You could back away slowly and leave the area or you could radio for some kind of specialized handler to come and apply whatever technique was appropriate to help the critter through its day.

I don't want to see animals abused but they are not people and these kinds of laws are completely ridiculous. There may be some laws and regulations that are appropriate but they just seem ridiculous to me from what I have personally seen.

namvet
11-20-2008, 10:09 AM
They've got my vote.

They've started unjust wars, destroyed the American economy, endangered the world economy and now are trying to destroy wildlife.

wanna ask me????

PostmodernProphet
11-20-2008, 10:44 AM
maybe Obama will replace them with our governor Granholm.....she spent $40 million building a fence to keep turtles from crossing a road in Muskegon county.....

Yurt
11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
and here GW wants us to stop criticizing her leader and unite...

i see they still hate bush, but expect us to not act the same towards obama

what does one call that

stephanie
11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
and here GW wants us to stop criticizing her leader and unite...

i see they still hate bush, but expect us to not act the same towards obama

what does one call that

:lol:

that no criticizing only applies to their Dear Leader..

hjmick
11-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Does anyone care that extinction is part of a natural process? More species of animals have gone extinct over the centuries than currently inhabit the planet today.

stephanie
11-20-2008, 11:03 AM
the envirwackos need jobS too..

what would all them poor snails do without them..

and they wouldn't be able to push THEIR agenda on the rest of us...then their lives would be empty..

and here's the biggest thing they would miss.........THE MONEY:thumb:

darin
11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm glad most of the dinosaurs went extinct! What in the WORLD did the animal kingdom do for thousands of years without MAN to keep every species alive! Hell, how would Darwinism have even WORKED if Man tried to protect every living species?

Blah - Look - it's like this...Liberals scream and shout about 'shoving your morality' upon then when conservatives try to stop them from hurting themselves (homosexuality) or others (abortion)...yet somehow they assign THEIR morality to everybody they don't like, by calling them Evil?

11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
They've got my vote.

Yes, the sane people.

11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Why is it Liberals seem to think that humans arent part of the environment? Logically, everything we do is natural.

Des
11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I think the key to a sustainable change is when it happens slowly. As advanced as we are, we need some sort of balance in nature to survive it. There will always be species going extinct/rising up. We don't depend on the food chain as much since the "age of agriculture" (or something like that), but that doesn't mean we should freely pillage every natural resource because we don't immediately need it to survive.

stephanie
11-20-2008, 01:41 PM
I go out of my way to pillage some natural resources every day just because I want to, and I can..:rolleyes:

hjmick
11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
I go out of my way to pillage some natural resources every day just because I want to, and I can..:rolleyes:

I pillage villages.

GW in Ohio
11-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Does anyone care that extinction is part of a natural process? More species of animals have gone extinct over the centuries than currently inhabit the planet today.

It's true that species come into existence and become extinct all the time. It's also true that natural selection is part of the natural law. My problem with Bush's approach is that he's hastening the process of extinction for many species. I'm not a biologist, but it seems to me that every time we interfere with the process of natural selection, we run the risk of unintended consequences, i.e., how do you know that left-handed titmouse isn't essential to the whole ecosystem of the Western United States?

I'm at a loss to explain why an outgoing president would try to leave as his parting legacy the undermining our our laws regarding clean air and the protection of endangered species.

His administration already has earned a reputation for ignoring the environment and the natural world for the sake of big business. Now, in their final days, they're becoming a caricature of the evil Republicans for whom the only environment that matters is the business. environment.

The great irony of the Bush administration is that, while they care only about promoting business, during their watch the entire economic foundation of the country, not to mention the world, has gone to hell. And yes, I hold Bush and his crowd responsible. This happened on their watch, while they were asleep at the switch.

Whatever blame Congress may share in the current economic crisis, it's the president who is the chief executive. The president is the one who is supposed to be in charge, and the economy is one of his chief responsibilities.

I realize that Bush is an incompetent idiot who is in waaaaaaay over his head in the presidency, but these parting shots, at our environment and our endangered species, seem mean spirited, and just plain evil.

April15
11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Why is it Liberals seem to think that humans arent part of the environment? Logically, everything we do is natural.Natural causes of extinction are not the problem being regulated. It is the wanton disregard of humans to any other species on this planet in the name of profit. That is not natural. And by extrapolation neither is the doings of the white man!

And if you need some article to show you that Bushco is EVIL you are one sad sack!

11-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Natural causes of extinction are not the problem being regulated. It is the wanton disregard of humans to any other species on this planet in the name of profit. That is not natural. And by extrapolation neither is the doings of the white man!

And if you need some article to show you that Bushco is EVIL you are one sad sack!

Humans are part of the ecosystem. by definition, anything we do within the ecosystem is natural because we are a natural part of it. We are not some being outside the system. We are part of it.

Its natural for men to work, to build, to create, to explore, advance. Stop trying to pretend it some great evil.

stephanie
11-20-2008, 08:29 PM
It's true that species come into existence and become extinct all the time. It's also true that natural selection is part of the natural law. My problem with Bush's approach is that he's hastening the process of extinction for many species. I'm not a biologist, but it seems to me that every time we interfere with the process of natural selection, we run the risk of unintended consequences, i.e., how do you know that left-handed titmouse isn't essential to the whole ecosystem of the Western United States?

I'm at a loss to explain why an outgoing president would try to leave as his parting legacy the undermining our our laws regarding clean air and the protection of endangered species.

His administration already has earned a reputation for ignoring the environment and the natural world for the sake of big business. Now, in their final days, they're becoming a caricature of the evil Republicans for whom the only environment that matters is the business. environment.

The great irony of the Bush administration is that, while they care only about promoting business, during their watch the entire economic foundation of the country, not to mention the world, has gone to hell. And yes, I hold Bush and his crowd responsible. This happened on their watch, while they were asleep at the switch.

Whatever blame Congress may share in the current economic crisis, it's the president who is the chief executive. The president is the one who is supposed to be in charge, and the economy is one of his chief responsibilities.

I realize that Bush is an incompetent idiot who is in waaaaaaay over his head in the presidency, but these parting shots, at our environment and our endangered species, seem mean spirited, and just plain evil.

You go right ahead and hold them responsible..Bush is the problem with the WHOLE WORLD..:coffee:

April15
11-20-2008, 08:51 PM
You go right ahead and hold them responsible..Bush is the problem with the WHOLE WORLD..:coffee:Funny you should say that. As the leader of America his policies have wrought havoc on the the entire world financial markets. Keep in mind some of his policies are carry overs from RR's tenure. Some he inherited from Clinton, NAFTA, for one.

stephanie
11-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Funny you should say that. As the leader of America his policies have wrought havoc on the the entire world financial markets. Keep in mind some of his policies are carry overs from RR's tenure. Some he inherited from Clinton, NAFTA, for one.

is there anything that ISN'T his fault?

why didn't our financial problems start until the Democrats had control of Congress?

I guess the Democrats don't have a damn thing to do with anything even though THEY ARE IN CONTROL OF CONGRESS..

Yurt
11-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Funny you should say that. As the leader of America his policies have wrought havoc on the the entire world financial markets. Keep in mind some of his policies are carry overs from RR's tenure. Some he inherited from Clinton, NAFTA, for one.

wow, he is more powerful than i thought, guess we don't need those other two branches

hjmick
11-20-2008, 09:01 PM
is there anything that ISN'T his fault?

I hear that the new species of penguin that scientists just found, 500 years after it went extinct, disappeared as a result of Bush's policies. That's what I heard...

bullypulpit
11-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Why is it Liberals seem to think that humans arent part of the environment? Logically, everything we do is natural.

So, where in nature do we find a species which fouls its own nest as badly as we do?

Of course, it's a basic fact that any species which overtaxes the ability of the environment to support it suffers a die back until balance is restored.

PostmodernProphet
11-21-2008, 08:04 AM
So, where in nature do we find a species which fouls its own nest as badly as we do?

it's own nest?.....you mean those bundles of twigs that they hunker over in the rain and cold trying to survive....where in nature do you find a species that builds itself something better than a nest...that has knowledge of something farther away than it's own eyesight.....I suppose we could avoid "fouling" our own nest if we enjoyed living outside sleeping naked on a bunch of sticks.....which, I expect, is the fondest dream of most environmentalists.....

GW in Ohio
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Humans are part of the ecosystem. by definition, anything we do within the ecosystem is natural because we are a natural part of it. We are not some being outside the system. We are part of it.

Its natural for men to work, to build, to create, to explore, advance. Stop trying to pretend it some great evil.

No, no, no, no.......

You can't say "anything humans do is natural because we're part of the ecosystem, and therefore, it's okay." Spewing toxic chemicals into the air and water is not okay for the ecosystem, it's not okay with Mother Nature, and it's not okay with anyone outside of Rush Limbaugh's circle of dittoheads.

Yurt
11-21-2008, 02:20 PM
No, no, no, no.......

You can't say "anything humans do is natural because we're part of the ecosystem, and therefore, it's okay." Spewing toxic chemicals into the air and water is not okay for the ecosystem, it's not okay with Mother Nature, and it's not okay with anyone outside of Rush Limbaugh's circle of dittoheads.

what about beavers building dams and changing the flow of water ways and harming certain fish routes? what about those toxic volcano chemicals?

11-21-2008, 04:53 PM
No, no, no, no.......

Funny. Because I just said it.

We are part of the ecosystem. we are not outside it. Our actions are as natural as any other species.

All chemicals are natural anyway. They exist through natural law.

stephanie
11-21-2008, 08:18 PM
No, no, no, no.......

you love to put people down who listen to Rush, yet you sound like a Dnc talking point parrot..

and you constantly repeating the same shit over and over, makes you sound stupid..

manu1959
11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
They've got my vote.

unjust wars: somalia bosnia and waco

destroyed the american / world economy: the dot com crash

and just for fun what wildlife where..

April15
11-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Funny. Because I just said it.

We are part of the ecosystem. we are not outside it. Our actions are as natural as any other species.

All chemicals are natural anyway. They exist through natural law.It is our use of chemicals that is not "natural". Our actions are not really natural either. Our instincts have changed from survival to oppression or greed.

manu1959
11-21-2008, 08:54 PM
It is our use of chemicals that is not "natural". Our actions are not really natural either. Our instincts have changed from survival to oppression or greed.

really....when did that happen.....

Yurt
11-21-2008, 10:47 PM
It is our use of chemicals that is not "natural". Our actions are not really natural either. Our instincts have changed from survival to oppression or greed.

what is not "natural"

11-22-2008, 01:06 AM

oppression and greed are natural instincts for survival.

April15
11-22-2008, 01:43 PM
oppression and greed are natural instincts for survival.You know little about nature.

11-22-2008, 03:30 PM
You know little about nature.

Really? How do you figure? You are the one denying that greed and oppression arent instincts wired into us for survival.

April15
11-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Really? How do you figure? You are the one denying that greed and oppression arent instincts wired into us for survival.OK I will find my notes from college and put them up. I just need to remember if it was Psychology or Sociology.

Classact
11-22-2008, 06:08 PM

I realize that Bush is an incompetent idiot who is in waaaaaaay over his head in the presidency, but these parting shots, at our environment and our endangered species, seem mean spirited, and just plain evil.You have this blown way out of proportion, Democrats don't give a crap about the environment but rather care about trial lawyers and they support environmentalist writing their often stupid environmental laws to give the trial lawyers billions of dollars in earnings fighting business and oil companies in the name of the environment. Schools have the youth brainwashed about the environment, all young people are hopelessly brainwashed as they are about gays and other PC liberal thought.

The red states are were the environment is for the most part and all those Republicans that farm, fish and hunt love the environment, but unlike Democrats they have common sense when it comes to living with the environment. The Sirrea Club that writes the environmental law that feeds the trial lawyers do not possess common sense and would, given the choice kill all humans rather than harm an endangered species... it's all bull shit and brainwashing!

April15
11-22-2008, 09:41 PM
You have this blown way out of proportion, Democrats don't give a crap about the environment but rather care about trial lawyers and they support environmentalist writing their often stupid environmental laws to give the trial lawyers billions of dollars in earnings fighting business and oil companies in the name of the environment. Schools have the youth brainwashed about the environment, all young people are hopelessly brainwashed as they are about gays and other PC liberal thought.

The red states are were the environment is for the most part and all those Republicans that farm, fish and hunt love the environment, but unlike Democrats they have common sense when it comes to living with the environment. The Sirrea Club that writes the environmental law that feeds the trial lawyers do not possess common sense and would, given the choice kill all humans rather than harm an endangered species... it's all bull shit and brainwashing!Now that I gotta see to believe!

DragonStryk72
11-22-2008, 10:21 PM
This is one of those news stories where you don't know whether to laugh or cry....

After doing everything it can before leaving office to weaken the laws requiring industries to protect our air quality, the Bush administration is now turning its attention to the animal kingdom, in an attempt to weaken protections for endangered species that have been in place for decades.

Here is the story from the Associated Press:

Read the entire story here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hXBV9U9SBb_hysHw0UpNdHvcmx4gD94ICH781

Hitler=Evil
Bush=Asshole

Now, once we have that down, we can begin have real dialogue. bush isn't evil, he isn't, he did what he believed to be the right thing, granted that only really made the problem worse, but still, he isn't evil.

Classact
11-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Now that I gotta see to believe!How about you cannot replace Mid East oil in two years with solar panels and wind mills and Iran will have a nuke in two years. How about it's better to drill in America for oil than to worry about Iran shuting down the straits? It make more common sense that we will be better off if we drill everwhere and do solar and wind than if we only do solar and wind.

stephanie
11-22-2008, 10:25 PM
according to a liberal...everyone is EVIL if they don't think the way that they do...

you almost have to laugh at their dramatics:cow::cuckoo:

11-23-2008, 10:35 AM
according to a liberal...everyone is EVIL if they don't think the way that they do...

you almost have to laugh at their dramatics:cow::cuckoo:

its projection.

April15
11-23-2008, 10:48 AM
How about you cannot replace Mid East oil in two years with solar panels and wind mills and Iran will have a nuke in two years. How about it's better to drill in America for oil than to worry about Iran shuting down the straits? It make more common sense that we will be better off if we drill everwhere and do solar and wind than if we only do solar and wind.You have a point. I do think that the USA can use coal in less than two years for the lost oil from the ME. We have the worlds largest reserves of coal and it can be clean burning. Oil has reached it's peak about a year ago. Depending on who you talk to.

April15
11-23-2008, 10:50 AM

you almost have to laugh at their dramatics:cow::cuckoo:Thats OK as you're not a patriot if you don't think like republicans. Runs both ways.