PDA

View Full Version : Another Day - Another New Tax From The Left

red states rule
11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
There is nothing liberals do not want to tax and/or regulate?

Oh, and remember, you can only use one square of toilet paper.

Experts call for end of flushing toilets on World Toilet Day

the world celebrates World Toilet Day today, sanitation experts have called for the end of the flushing dunny to save water and provide fertilizer for crops.

Leading health advocates have called for the use of "dry" toilets which separate urine from faeces and remove the need to flush.

Speaking at the recent World Toilet Summit in Macau, World Toilet Organisation founder Jack Sims said the concept of the flushing toilet was unsustainable.

Mr Sims said a culture where people flushed their loos but disregarded the thousands of litres of wasted drinking water each year was one of sanitation's greatest challenges.

"This 'flush and forget' attitude creates a new problem which we have to revisit," he said.

New toilet tax proposed

There have already been calls by Australian experts to reduce the amount of water wasted through toilet flushing with a proposed new toilet tax.

Adelaide University's Water Management Professor Mike Young said the tax would encourage people to take shorter showers, recycle washing machine water or connect rainwater tanks to internal plumbing.

"Some people may go as far as not flushing their toilet as often, as the less sewage you produce the less the rate you pay," Professor Young said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24670784-2,00.html

namvet
11-20-2008, 05:13 PM
There is nothing liberals do not want to tax and/or regulate?

Oh, and remember, you can only use one square of toilet paper.

Experts call for end of flushing toilets on World Toilet Day

the world celebrates World Toilet Day today, sanitation experts have called for the end of the flushing dunny to save water and provide fertilizer for crops.

Leading health advocates have called for the use of "dry" toilets which separate urine from faeces and remove the need to flush.

Speaking at the recent World Toilet Summit in Macau, World Toilet Organisation founder Jack Sims said the concept of the flushing toilet was unsustainable.

Mr Sims said a culture where people flushed their loos but disregarded the thousands of litres of wasted drinking water each year was one of sanitation's greatest challenges.

"This 'flush and forget' attitude creates a new problem which we have to revisit," he said.

New toilet tax proposed

There have already been calls by Australian experts to reduce the amount of water wasted through toilet flushing with a proposed new toilet tax.

Adelaide University's Water Management Professor Mike Young said the tax would encourage people to take shorter showers, recycle washing machine water or connect rainwater tanks to internal plumbing.

"Some people may go as far as not flushing their toilet as often, as the less sewage you produce the less the rate you pay," Professor Young said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24670784-2,00.html

to funny............bring back the out house???? oh i hope so :lol:

red states rule
11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
to funny............bring back the out house???? oh i hope so :lol:

Next thing you will know they will tax us for breathing and exhaling CO2 - after all according to libs that is causing global warming.

namvet
11-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Next thing you will know they will tax us for breathing and exhaling CO2 - after all according to libs that is causing global warming.

no shit ........OOPS !!!! hahahaha....................:laugh2:

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6348023,00.jpg

here ya go....recycle !!!!!

red states rule
11-20-2008, 05:19 PM
What person has such a pathetic life, that they would come up with World Toilet Day?

Virgil? Gabby?

How should I observe this holiday? Do I need to decorate my toilet in any special way?

Hang a photo of Rev Virgil above the tank?

I am completely unprepared for this.

namvet
11-20-2008, 05:21 PM
What person has such a pathetic life, that they would come up with World Toilet Day?

Virgil? Gabby?

How should I observe this holiday? Do I need to decorate my toilet in any special way?

Hang a photo of Rev Virgil above the tank?

I am completely unprepared for this.

no their to full a shit anyway. their libs remember ??? they just shit in their pants HAHA :lol::laugh2:

red states rule
11-20-2008, 05:22 PM
no their to full a shit anyway. their libs remember ??? they just shit in their pants HAHA :lol::laugh2:

World Toilet Day fits in with an Obama administration nicely.

namvet
11-20-2008, 05:32 PM
World Toilet Day fits in with an Obama administration nicely.

and then the plumbers union will ask for a bail out !!!!!!!!!

red states rule
11-20-2008, 05:34 PM
and then the plumbers union will ask for a bail out !!!!!!!!!

Obama the Plumber is on the job

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/144636.jpg

Des
11-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I think the real problem with most of the problems I hear people trying to "regulate" today is education. Regulations like this are just bandaids on issues. If we focused on providing education about -insert topic here- instead of trying to deal with the negative effects when people are adults, we'd have a lot less laws.

red states rule
11-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I think the real problem with most of the problems I hear people trying to "regulate" today is education. Regulations like this are just bandaids on issues. If we focused on providing education about -insert topic here- instead of trying to deal with the negative effects when people are adults, we'd have a lot less laws.

The problem is with liberals sticking their blue noses in nearly everything - and wanting to tax every activity they can think of

Immanuel
11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Next stop...

THE FART TAX.

Immie

Mr. P
11-20-2008, 09:50 PM

Yeah, I gotta agree..How about they get educated so that they realize you can't legislate societal behavior anymore than you can legislate when someone takes a shit. Tax it? no.

If the water supply is an issue, instead of increased taxes which impacts everyone, even those who use little water, just increase the price on a graduated scale..Folks will conserve if they pay more for water based on consumption. My county does this now on water...it works well.

If supply is NOT an issue, STAY THE FUCK OUTTA MY LIFE!

namvet
11-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Next stop...

THE FART TAX.

Immie

shit. there goes gas prices

Mr. P
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
shit. there goes gas prices

I have plenty of "that" gas...I'LL be RICH!!!

namvet
11-20-2008, 10:44 PM
I have plenty of "that" gas...I'LL be RICH!!!

if we work this right we can put OPEC outta business. no drills needed !!!!:laugh2::lol:

red states rule
11-21-2008, 01:41 PM
if we work this right we can put OPEC outta business. no drills needed !!!!:laugh2::lol:

The only thing Dems want to drill is our wallets - and they want to suck them dry