PDA

View Full Version : "Change" By Appointing Clinton Retreads???

red states rule
11-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I am wondering if you Obama supporters are feeling like suckers right now. How is it change to give us Bill's third term?

All we need now is Al Gore appointed to head up the EPA

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
All we need now is Al Gore appointed to head up the EPA What makes you think that might not happen??? Now THATS a scary thought

retiredman
11-20-2008, 10:19 PM
the change that Obama promised was a change from the fucking Bush administration. I think he's taking steps to do that just fine. THAT is the change that America voted for: a change from inept republican rule.

Silver
11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
the change that Obama promised was a change from the fucking Bush administration.

The voters did that fool, it had nothing to do with the young chimp.

I think he's taking steps to do that just fine. THAT is the change that America voted for: a change from inept republican rule.

The only steps the chimp is taking is to give re-birth to the ****-on admin.

And they will handle the government much better than him...but he can take the credit, as long as the old clinton regime has the power...

retiredman
11-20-2008, 10:59 PM
And they will handle the government much better than him...but he can take the credit, as long as the old clinton regime has the power...

blah blah blah

Obama is appointing a good team. Don't like it? fuckin' move, asshole,:lol:

manu1959
11-20-2008, 11:04 PM
ah the clinton team.....a terrorist attack for every year that he held office.....definitions of the word is.......and sex.......the collapse of the dot com era.......and the rise of muslim extremists.......ah the memories....

Mr. P
11-20-2008, 11:04 PM
the change that Obama promised was a change from the fucking Bush administration. I think he's taking steps to do that just fine. THAT is the change that America voted for: a change from inept republican rule.

Then that proves those who voted for him a fucking IDIOTS..his tenure was over! GEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. With everyday I see more and more stupidity in this population.

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Then that proves those who voted for him a fucking IDIOTS..his tenure was over! GEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. With everyday I see more and more stupidity in this population.

America was ready to discard the republican brand, and rightly so. Why should we believe that a senator who was with Bush in every key policy area, would somehow be different that he was?

I think it would have been profoundly stupid of the population to buy McCain's bullshit that he was somehow something different that Bush.

Yurt
11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
obama did not campaign for change simply from the bush administration, he hailed himself as a new kind of politics, a different change....he did not run on a clinton third term platform

he hoodwinked the voters and it was easy because of the left's irrational hate for bush

manu1959
11-20-2008, 11:10 PM

little did they know they were going to get a second clinton administration.....

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:11 PM
little did they know they were going to get a second clinton administration.....

americans loved the first clinton administration. Obama appointing the really qualified members of that successful team will sit well with most americans...

just not right wingnut koolaid soaked douchebags like you.

Kathianne
11-20-2008, 11:13 PM
americans loved the first clinton administration. Obama appointing the really qualified members of that successful team will sit well with most americans...

Stop flaming. Do NOT cause another thread to be split. Thank you.

manu1959
11-20-2008, 11:16 PM

yes the first four years were a treat......

Mr. P
11-20-2008, 11:17 PM
America was ready to discard the republican brand, and rightly so. Why should we believe that a senator who was with Bush in every key policy area, would somehow be different that he was?

I think it would have been profoundly stupid of the population to buy McCain's bullshit that he was somehow something different that Bush.

obama did not campaign for change simply from the bush administration, he hailed himself as a new kind of politics, a different change....he did not run on a clinton third term platform

he hoodwinked the voters and it was easy because of the left's irrational hate for bush

And that pretty much says it all, MFM. Cept to add he hasn't even taken office yet and he's changing his "change". Feel like ya been a sucker yet? I doubt it, yer the type that WILL follow this guy right down the shiter even as the county gasps for it's last breath..And yes I believe that you would, so no need to deny.

Yurt
11-20-2008, 11:17 PM
the only actual change we have from obama is....a change of this promise and that promise and that stuff

i promise to change everyday, whatever soros tells me to say, i will

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:20 PM
He hasn't even been inaugurated yet. We'll see what sort of changes in the political discourse he will engender once that happens.

11-20-2008, 11:26 PM
What makes you think that might not happen??? Now THATS a scary thought

Ive heard Robert Kennedy Jr. Is doing that. hes just as bad.

11-20-2008, 11:28 PM

If Americans wanted a third Clinton administration they would have elected Hillary. Obama said he was differenet. Apparently, he isnt.

11-20-2008, 11:30 PM
He hasn't even been inaugurated yet. We'll see what sort of changes in the political discourse he will engender once that happens.

Why do we have to wait till he is inaugurated to see what changes he will bring? Are you suggesting he isnt going to bring the changes he promised in the campaign? what the hell is the point of an election if the politicians are going to not do anything they campaigned on?

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:30 PM
If Americans wanted a third Clinton administration they would have elected Hillary. Obama said he was differenet. Apparently, he isnt.

wait and see...he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

"apparently" you are hoping for him to fail.

party over country, I guess.

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Why do we have to wait till he is inaugurated to see what changes he will bring? Are you suggesting he isnt going to bring the changes he promised in the campaign? what the hell is the point of an election if the politicians are going to not do anything they campaigned on?

I am suggesting that he WILL bring change. I am suggesting that you wait until he is inaugurated in order to get a sense of what sort of change he will bring.

cool you jets

11-20-2008, 11:32 PM
wait and see...he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

"apparently" you are hoping for him to fail.

party over country, I guess.

That has to be the dumbest thing youve ever written. Because I point out you and your candidates hypocrisy, im hoping he fails? What kind of stupid mental gymnastics are you using?

But hey, why not just reward the same party hacks rather than show some integrity? I get it. Party power is more important then keeping your word. It makes perfect sense.

11-20-2008, 11:33 PM
I am suggesting that he WILL bring change. I am suggesting that you wait until he is inaugurated in order to get a sense of what sort of change he will bring.

cool you jets

But why do we have to wait when he's already told us?

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
But why do we have to wait when he's already told us?

because he is not president yet.

duh

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:39 PM
That has to be the dumbest thing youve ever written. Because I point out you and your candidates hypocrisy, im hoping he fails? What kind of stupid mental gymnastics are you using?

But hey, why not just reward the same party hacks rather than show some integrity? I get it. Party power is more important then keeping your word. It makes perfect sense.

who you call "party hacks", democrats call "skilled bureaucrats".

Brownie at FEMA during Katrina? Now THAT was a party hack.

Mr. P
11-20-2008, 11:44 PM
because he is not president yet.

duh

:laugh2: So you admit that he's not going to do what he said he would do in the campaign that he now says he isn't going to do because he's not Pres yet? :laugh2: You are such a hack.

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:50 PM
:laugh2: So you admit that he's not going to do what he said he would do in the campaign that he now says he isn't going to do because he's not Pres yet? :laugh2: You are such a hack.
I admit nothing of the kind. quit putting words in my mouth, asshole.

I said that he will change the way that washington works, but he, like every other president-elect since the dawn of our nation, will not be able to cause those changes until he is inaugurated.

now go fuck yourself to sleep.

manu1959
11-20-2008, 11:52 PM

I said that he will change the way that washington works, but he, like every other president-elect since the dawn of our nation, will not be able to cause those changes until he is inaugurated.

he won't change a thing.........

Mr. P
11-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Very nice preacher, very nice. You're such a fake.

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Very nice preacher, very nice. You're such a fake.

you are such a hack

retiredman
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
he won't change a thing.........

time will tell

manu1959
11-21-2008, 12:09 AM
time will tell

changing the cabinet back to the clinton years isn't really change......

Yurt
11-21-2008, 12:11 AM
changing the cabinet back to the clinton years isn't really change......

lets send him some cigars

Mr. P
11-21-2008, 12:27 AM
lets send him some cigars

and a blue dress! :laugh2:

Joe Steel
11-21-2008, 07:05 AM

Precisely.

Bush was a disaster. His policies were destroying America's honor and economy. Obama will change that.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 07:53 AM

Yep, Obama is "changing" us back, and making our country more vulnerable to our enemies

Just like Bill Clinton did

red states rule
11-21-2008, 07:55 AM

Virgil, and the Obamabots actually think all those Clinton hold overs will not revert backwards to the Clinton days

red states rule
11-21-2008, 07:56 AM

cool you jets

Same ole, same ole, so where's the "change?" Going backwards is not change Virgil

red states rule
11-21-2008, 07:58 AM
who you call "party hacks", democrats call "skilled bureaucrats".

Brownie at FEMA during Katrina? Now THAT was a party hack.

What happen to all the hope and change talk?

Looks like your messiah, the Lord Obama, is just giving us the same old same old Washington insiders.

But being a loyal Dem who marchs in lockstep with the party - you defend him no matter what he says or does

red states rule
11-21-2008, 08:00 AM

Your messiah has changed things

The market is down about 20% since he was elected. Looks like Wall St is not thrilled about the change that is coming

But you got your wish. You openly expressed your desire for people to suffer - so you must be very happy

red states rule
11-21-2008, 08:01 AM
and a blue dress! :laugh2:

and some Spray and Wash to get rid of the evidence

PostmodernProphet
11-21-2008, 08:07 AM

that may be what the liberals expected in "change", but I think the moderates were looking for a bit more....like a change from partisan rhetoric to bipartisan action (can you remember those campaign speeches?.....I can).....

PostmodernProphet
11-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Obama is appointing a good team. Don't like it? fuckin' move, asshole,:lol:

now THAT'S the bipartisan spirit we were looking for.....

red states rule
11-21-2008, 08:12 AM
that may be what the liberals expected in "change", but I think the moderates were looking for a bit more....like a change from partisan rhetoric to bipartisan action (can you remember those campaign speeches?.....I can).....

Obama supporters said that the only good thing that Obama accomplished by winning the nomination was getting Hillary out of our faces.That erases the one good thing he did.

Are we going to have to hear her cackle again?

red states rule
11-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Virgil would be perfect as Obama's Press Sec

retiredman
11-21-2008, 10:05 AM

I am all for people coming together under this new administration to help solve the problems of our country. However, if some folks are unhappy and can't bear to imagine four or -gasp- eight years living in an America with Barack Obama as president, then they should certainly feel free to go somewhere else more palatable to them.

retiredman
11-21-2008, 10:07 AM
that may be what the liberals expected in "change", but I think the moderates were looking for a bit more....like a change from partisan rhetoric to bipartisan action (can you remember those campaign speeches?.....I can).....I have no reason to think that Obama will not continue to reach across the aisle to be a very effective bipartisan leader.

stephanie
11-21-2008, 10:09 AM
yeah the Democrats reaching across the aisle are..

accept this assholes, or get the hell out..

retiredman
11-21-2008, 10:10 AM
yeah the Democrats reaching across the aisle are..

accept this assholes, or get the hell out..

hey...you lost the election. deal with it, honey.

Immanuel
11-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I have no reason to think that Obama will not continue to reach across the aisle to be a very effective bipartisan leader.

When did he start reaching across the aisle?

Immie

stephanie
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
hey...you lost the election. deal with it, honey.

I don't have to deal with anything..

on your merry way, little man, and get off your knees in front of that blow up picture of your "Dear Leader".

retiredman
11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't have to deal with anything..

on your merry way, little man, and get off your knees in front of that blow up picture of your "Dear Leader".

if you cannot deal with life under President Obama, what, pray tell, are your alternatives?

namvet
11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by manfrommaine

now where's my fuckin' bible?????

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3116/hottrannymesszv5.jpg

11-21-2008, 11:12 AM
I have no reason to think that Obama will not continue to reach across the aisle to be a very effective bipartisan leader.

When the hell did he start reaching across the aisle?

retiredman
11-21-2008, 11:35 AM
When the hell did he start reaching across the aisle?

he just had a nice sit down chat with McCain just the other day!

Immanuel
11-21-2008, 11:39 AM

I didn't realize that a gloat session was considered reaching across the aisle.

Come on MFM, that wasn't reaching across the aisle. I don't think that was anything more than a "let bygones be bygones" session.

Immie

11-21-2008, 11:49 AM

I stand by what I said.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 12:02 PM

You are getting desperate Virgil :laugh2:

hjmick
11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Well, he never did really define what he meant by "change."

red states rule
11-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Well, he never did really define what he meant by "change."

Looks like he is "refining" that promise as well :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
11-21-2008, 02:43 PM

????...you mean apart from the fact that he has no history of reaching across the aisle and his cabinet picks have all been strongly partisan Democrats?.....

red states rule
11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
????...you mean apart from the fact that he has no history of reaching across the aisle and his cabinet picks have all been strongly partisan Democrats?.....

When was the last time Sen Obama voted against the Dem leadership in the Senate?

retiredman
11-21-2008, 04:16 PM

no. that is not what I mean at all.

and did you honestly expect him to fill his cabinet with republicans? really. you guys LOST. We get to run the executive branch for a while. Get over it.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:22 PM
no. that is not what I mean at all.

and did you honestly expect him to fill his cabinet with republicans? really. you guys LOST. We get to run the executive branch for a while. Get over it.

Yet libs attacked Pres Bush for NOT picking people who had a different opinion from his :laugh2:

Again, when was the last time Obama voted against the Dems in the Senate?

retiredman
11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Yet libs attacked Pres Bush for NOT picking people who had a different opinion from his :laugh2:

Again, when was the last time Obama voted against the Dems in the Senate?

not so. I never expected Bush to appoint a bunch of democrats to his cabinet.

Obama voted against democrats on FISA.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:28 PM

Well that is one for Obama. I believe he voted with Reid and the Dems about 95% of the time

Not including all his "present" votes

retiredman
11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Well that is one for Obama. I believe he voted with Reid and the Dems about 95% of the time

Not including all his "present" votes

how many present votes did he cast in the US senate?

Yurt
11-21-2008, 04:50 PM

after he promised not to...

hmmm, someone who makes promises and doesn't keep them, fascinating

Yurt
11-21-2008, 04:51 PM

please stop asking such intelligent questions, it causes the board liberals to panic

red states rule
11-21-2008, 04:51 PM
after he promised not to...

hmmm, someone who makes promises and doesn't keep them, fascinating

and he promised to filibuster the bill

and MFM gives him a pass as usual :laugh2:

hjmick
11-21-2008, 05:18 PM
To the best of my knowledge, he did not vote "present" anytime during his tenure in the U.S. senate. I believe the number is somewhere around 130 "present" votes while serving in the Illinois senate.

retiredman
11-21-2008, 05:21 PM
To the best of my knowledge, he did not vote "present" anytime during his tenure in the U.S. senate. I believe the number is somewhere around 130 "present" votes while serving in the Illinois senate.

so..when RSR said, " believe he voted with Reid and the Dems about 95% of the time... Not including all his "present" votes"

he was mistaken?

red states rule
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
so..when RSR said, " believe he voted with Reid and the Dems about 95% of the time... Not including all his "present" votes"

he was mistaken?

Yes Virgil - I made an error

Now go make a new thread on it :laugh2:

Mr. P
11-21-2008, 05:43 PM
how many present votes did he cast in the US senate?

Zero present votes in the U.S. senate.....BUT

From 9-17-07 through 10-7-08

Of 321 votes...his record is....

225 Not voting vs 96 yea/nay...votes.

pretty sad ain't it? It's all on his senate page..

red states rule
11-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Zero present votes in the U.S. senate.....BUT

From 9-17-07 through 10-7-08

Of 321 votes...his record is....

225 Not voting vs 96 yea/nay...votes.

pretty sad ain't it? It's all on his senate page..

and based on that Obama (and millions of voters) think that made him qualified to be President :laugh2:

red states rule
11-21-2008, 07:14 PM
To Virgil and other Obama supporters who claim to want to work with the Republicans ignore one simple fact about one of Obama's picks

Obama picked a man as his Chief of Staff who after Clinton won, was at a dinner and kept slamming a knife in the table while saying "dead" over and over.

I suspect it will be typical of the Dems for the next 4 years

Kathianne
11-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Whole bunch of posts moved to cage. Getting irksome. I'm getting irked.

Microcosmos
11-21-2008, 10:28 PM
I'd like to know: RSR, who would you have expected/liked to have seen Obama pick to be a part of his cabinet? Seriously, are there any Republican hopefuls?

Yurt
11-21-2008, 10:34 PM

ok

what then should we do to not irk you? i promise not to threaten your home. is that good?

Kathianne
11-21-2008, 11:24 PM
ok

what then should we do to not irk you? i promise not to threaten your home. is that good?

Thanks for that. On the other hand, keeping flames, baiting, profanities for no apparent reason in cage would be appreciated. BTW, not only Yurt.

Mr. P
11-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks for that. On the other hand, keeping flames, baiting, profanities for no apparent reason in cage would be appreciated. BTW, not only Yurt.

Oh you thread crasher you!!! :eek: BTW my profanity was a repeat of what mfm said last night in another thread..ya must have missed that en. :poke:

Kathianne
11-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh you thread crasher you!!! :eek: BTW my profanity was a repeat of what mfm said last night in another thread..ya must have missed that en. :poke:

Actually, no. Unless there are many off topic, flames, baits, etc., the posts pretty much stand, (not saying something may not qualify for a one post delete, just not likely). In this case, was over 20.

Yurt
11-22-2008, 01:15 AM

be prepared to defend your home

Kathianne
11-22-2008, 01:19 AM
be prepared to defend your home

If you are under the idea that the rest do not understand your 'point' you are sadly mistaken. It was 'gotten' long ago. From this point forward, I'll delete any such posts. Your point was made, long ago.

red states rule
11-22-2008, 07:33 AM
I'd like to know: RSR, who would you have expected/liked to have seen Obama pick to be a part of his cabinet? Seriously, are there any Republican hopefuls?

Given the fact the messiah ran on change - I was expecting new faces and not the same wornout retreads of the Clinton years

It seems some of the Obamabots, and some of his campaign staff in the liberal media are upset as well

red states rule
11-22-2008, 10:34 AM

Looks like the home room teacher is busting up the fun :laugh2:

Kathianne
11-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Looks like the home room teacher is busting up the fun :laugh2:

Persona posts, including my own, moved to lounge. :laugh2: