PDA

View Full Version : Obama Advisers To Public: Temper Expectations

red states rule
11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Now the staff to the messiah, is telling us not to expect to much form him. What happened to all those promisies Obama made? I thought Obama was going to save not only the US but the entire world.

Seems if Obama supporters are in for a huge disappoinment

Obama Advisers To Public: Temper Expectations

CHICAGO (CBS) ― President-elect Barack Obama and his inner circle fear that some voters expect him to turn around the economy, wind down the war in Iraq and, perhaps, cure cancer -- all by the Fourth of July.

They know they must manage and lower those expectations, CBS 2 Political Editor Mike Flannery reports.

A top economic advisor to Obama had a glum warning for the rest of us Thursday morning: Neither the job market nor the stock market will be turning around any time soon.

"This might be a long haul," said Robert Reich, who was President Bill Clinton's secretary of labor. "2009 is going to be a very hard year. Some economists say we won't be out of this for two years, others are saying it may be three, or four, maybe five years."

Now on Obama's transition team, Reich worries about what happens after the new president is sworn in Jan. 20.

"We all have to be very careful about the expectations that we are putting on this man, our president-elect," Reich said. "If we all assume it's going to be the first 100 days, we're going to be disappointed."

The man who was Obama's chief campaign strategist is moving to lower expectations, too.

"We are inheriting an array problems unlike any president has faced, maybe since Franklin Roosevelt in 1932," David Axelrod said. "It's not going to be easy, not going to be quick."

Rick Jasculca worked for President Jimmy Carter, President Clinton and Sen. Hillary Clinton. He said Obama will need every bit of his skill as a communicator.

"If people see you reaching across the aisle and they see you making progress -- going forward rather than going backward -- I think people will give you the benefit of the doubt," Jasculca said.

Added Axelrod: "One of his great strengths is he is never too high, he's never too low -- he's very focused."

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Obama.advisers.expecations.2.869896.html

stephanie
11-21-2008, 12:22 PM
as Rush was just asking..

where is the Dear Leader??

we need him to Save us NOW, and he is nowhere to be found...

hummm?????

red states rule
11-21-2008, 12:25 PM
as Rush was just asking..

where is the Dear Leader??

we need him to Save us NOW, and he is nowhere to be found...

hummm?????

I guess if he is needed, they will call him :laugh2:

hjmick
11-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Lead them to believe you've promised them the world, give them New Jersey.

red states rule
11-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Chris Matthews is pissed Obama has to wait until Jan 20, 2009 to take office

Matthews: 'Too Much Time Between Elections
and Taking Over'

MSNBC's Chris Matthews, who conceded the obvious to Jay Leno that "I'm partial" to the "remarkable political reality" of Barack Obama, on Tuesday's Tonight Show regretted Obama cannot be inaugurated sooner than on January 20. "The President looks like he's already in the locker room with a towel around his neck. It looks like he's taken off," Matthews complained before insisting "we need a President pretty soon." The host of Hardball fretted about the long wait to get Obama into office, warning: "I'm getting worried because it's about another couple of months before we get a President and I'm worried about this country falling between the cracks because we've got one President who's sort of already retired and we got another President who's politely tip-toeing around the job. Who's leading us right now? It scares me."

After a quip from fellow guest "Larry the Cable Guy," Matthews reiterated his point: "I think we've got too much time between elections and taking over."

[This item, by the MRC's Brent Baker, was posted late Tuesday night on the MRC's blog, NewsBusters.org: newsbusters.org ]

Matthews made the same case on his syndicated Chris Matthews Show over the weekend: "Okay. We have an interregnum here. We have one President not in office yet, one not still there it seems psychologically. You know, they changed the Constitution back in the '30s to have this shorter lame duck period. But now this lame duck period looks really dangerous for us right now because we've got through the holidays all the way to January 20." See: www.mediaresearch.org

(In his column last Friday, USA Today founder Al Neuharth argued "people who elect a new President are eager for the change to take place. The sooner the better," so he proposed: "We should move the President's inauguration up to the first Tuesday in December, one month after the election." November 17 CyberAlert with more: www.mrc.org )

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2008/cyb20081119.asp#2

stephanie
11-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Chrissy just misses that tingle up his leg..:laugh2:

red states rule
11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Chrissy just misses that tingle up his leg..:laugh2:

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/135727.jpg

5stringJeff
11-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Who the hell is gonna pay my mortgage?!?! :mad:

red states rule
11-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Who the hell is gonna pay my mortgage?!?! :mad:

I am sure many Obama voters are asking the same question. It is hell when reality sets in :laugh2:

Mr. P
11-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Words...just words...that are going to come back an bite him in the ass.
His supporters are gonna turn on him faster than a blink of the eye...just watch.