PDA

View Full Version : They're Already Naming Schools and Mountains After Obama

red states rule
11-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Give me a break! Libs are screaming for conservatives to stop attacking Obama and wait for him to take office and wait for him to do something

BUT, the left is already naming schools after him, and comparing him to FDR

New York School Renames Itself For Obama
School In Long Island Becomes Barack Obama Elementary School At Students' Behest

CBS/AP) A school on Long Island has been renamed Barack Obama Elementary School in honor of his historic rise to the presidency.

The move at the largely black and Hispanic school in Hempstead is among the first in what will likely be a wave of name changes around the world now that Mr. Obama has been elected president, from schools and streets to parks and mountaintops.

The prime minister of the Caribbean nation of Antigua has said he's taking measures to have the island's highest mountain peak renamed Mount Obama. In Portland, Ore., students want to rename Clark K-8 At Binnsmead school. Elsewhere on Long Island, the Clear Stream Avenue School in Valley Stream will consider a renaming resolution in December. And parents already have been naming newborns Barack.

"When I'm older I'm going to look back and say I went to Barack Obama Elementary School," said fifth-grader Teonte Jackson, who played Mr. Obama in a mock presidential debate before the election. "He had the guts to run for president and believe in himself."

The name Barack Obama Elementary School was the idea of children at the former Ludlum Elementary School, according to officials at Hempstead Union Free School District.

Mr. Obama's election was a big source of pride, and the schools walls are plastered with Obama signs. District officials believe it's the first school in the country to be named for America's first black president.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/21/national/main4626367.shtml

Microcosmos
11-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I mean, I like the guy and all, but that is a little bit much. Yes, his election in the first place was historic, but the guy hasn't done anything as President yet!

red states rule
11-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I mean, I like the guy and all, but that is a little bit much. Yes, his election in the first place was historic, but the guy hasn't done anything as President yet!

Get use to it MC. TIME has Obama on the cover as FDR, and it will only get worse

SpidermanTUba
11-25-2008, 02:20 PM
give me a break! Libs are screaming for conservatives to stop attacking obama and wait for him to take office and wait for him to do something

but, the left is already naming schools after him, and comparing him to fdr

new york school renames itself for obama
school in long island becomes barack obama elementary school at students' behest

cbs/ap) a school on long island has been renamed barack obama elementary school in honor of his historic rise to the presidency.

The move at the largely black and hispanic school in hempstead is among the first in what will likely be a wave of name changes around the world now that mr. Obama has been elected president, from schools and streets to parks and mountaintops.

The prime minister of the caribbean nation of antigua has said he's taking measures to have the island's highest mountain peak renamed mount obama. In portland, ore., students want to rename clark k-8 at binnsmead school. Elsewhere on long island, the clear stream avenue school in valley stream will consider a renaming resolution in december. And parents already have been naming newborns barack.

"when i'm older i'm going to look back and say i went to barack obama elementary school," said fifth-grader teonte jackson, who played mr. Obama in a mock presidential debate before the election. "he had the guts to run for president and believe in himself."

the name barack obama elementary school was the idea of children at the former ludlum elementary school, according to officials at hempstead union free school district.

Mr. Obama's election was a big source of pride, and the schools walls are plastered with obama signs. District officials believe it's the first school in the country to be named for america's first black president.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/21/national/main4626367.shtml

bbbbbbbbbbbwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

retiredman
11-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I would suggest that, if you don't like the idea of a town naming a school after someone, you have the choice to either attend public hearings, start petitions, and do the sort of grass roots organizing necessary to prevent it, or, you can do like RSR and whine about it on the internet.

darin
11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
This shows me no matter what Obama does while in office, the liberals will praise him. Obama might get mad and, I dunno, call the National Guard into service to overthrow Canada, and the libs will call him a genious. He might support and push tax policies that drive our nation to the brink.

Libs dont CARE about Character or Performance. They care about lip service and personality.

The ClayTaurus
11-25-2008, 02:57 PM
This shows me no matter what Obama does while in office, the liberals will praise him. Obama might get mad and, I dunno, call the National Guard into service to overthrow Canada, and the libs will call him a genious. He might support and push tax policies that drive our nation to the brink.

Libs dont CARE about Character or Performance. They care about lip service and personality.Sounds awfully familiar to some supporters of the last 8 years of administration.

darin
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
No it doesn't. I mean, there will always be worshippers of every president. But - REASONABLE people aren't like that. Few of the obama supports I've seen are reasonable.

The ClayTaurus
11-25-2008, 03:32 PM
No it doesn't. I mean, there will always be worshippers of every president. But - REASONABLE people aren't like that. Few of the obama supports I've seen are reasonable.So what are you saying? That most Bush supporters were reasonable?

darin
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
No, I'm saying few of the obama supporters I've met in real life, or on the interwebs could be classified as 'reasonable'. Most follow him out of a religous-type purpose and desire. :)

The ClayTaurus
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
No, I'm saying few of the obama supporters I've met in real life, or on the interwebs could be classified as 'reasonable'. Most follow him out of a religous-type purpose and desire. :)Which would follow in line with my original post: appears very similar to supporters of the last 8 years... :dunno:

darin
11-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Nobody has named mountains or Schools after GWB. GWB Has DONE REAL WORK as a politician. Obama has None "Nothing" as a politician except get elected.

Des
11-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Nobody has named mountains or Schools after GWB. GWB Has DONE REAL WORK as a politician. Obama has None "Nothing" as a politician except get elected.

Not true. I think a town somewhere named their sewage refinery plant after him (not kidding). And theres that movie, too.

The ClayTaurus
11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Nobody has named mountains or Schools after GWB. GWB Has DONE REAL WORK as a politician. Obama has None "Nothing" as a politician except get elected.Apply this part of your post:
...follow him out of a religous-type purpose and desireto my response and try again.

hjmick
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Not true. I think a town somewhere named their sewage refinery plant after him (not kidding). And theres that movie, too.

Some moronic councilman in San Francisco proposed this and it was defeated handily on November 4th. Obviously it was an effort to insult the sitting President. As for the movie, an Oliver Stone hatchet job that tanked at the box office.

darin
11-25-2008, 04:09 PM

So - You say my statement that nobody is naming mountains or schools after GWB is NOT TRUE, and you use a SEWAGE plant as evidence people ARE naming mountains and schools after GWB? What kinda schools do you go to?

You're a silly dude.

Des
11-25-2008, 04:13 PM
So - You say my statement that nobody is naming mountains or schools after GWB is NOT TRUE, and you use a SEWAGE plant as evidence people ARE naming mountains and schools after GWB? What kinda schools do you go to?

You're a silly dude.

I went to a school taught by a blind woman named Sunshine in a trailer somewhere in the Connecticut wilderness.

namvet
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
and when the dictator close's down these schools???? huh??? whats left.
mount Osama eruptious !!!!! :laugh2:

OowFvnlWI90

:dance:

Yurt
11-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I went to a school taught by a blind woman named Sunshine in a trailer somewhere in the Connecticut wilderness.

no way, remember me

Psychoblues
11-26-2008, 12:32 AM
The historical significance of Barack Obama being elected President of the United States Of America will not go unnoticed for some time to come.

Get over it, cowgirls and boys.

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-26-2008, 12:57 AM
why, because he is black

s

Psychoblues
11-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Is that a point of contention for you, yuk?

why, because he is black

s

I thought so. I've read a few of your other equally dumbass remarks.

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Is that a point of contention for you, yuk?

I thought so. I've read a few of your other equally dumbass remarks.

Psychoblues

how can it be a point or remark when i ASKED you a question? :poke:

i'll ask again, what is the historical significance of obama being elected? is it because he is black? if not, what then is the historical significance?

red states rule
11-26-2008, 07:07 PM
why, because he is black

s

That about covers it Yurt. The liberals people I know draw uut the race card at once the second anything critical is said about PE Obama