PDA

View Full Version : New status icons/buttons

jimnyc
03-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Status icons for new posts in forum, or no new posts, and new buttons for most used features.

Like?

jackass
03-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Status icons for new posts in forum, or no new posts, and new buttons for most used features.

Like?

Not at all! Get rid of them. NOW DAMMIT!!

5stringJeff
03-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Not at all! Get rid of them. NOW DAMMIT!!

Agreed. They're too big, and the 'new posts in forum' icon is just weird.

jimnyc
03-24-2007, 10:18 AM
You guys really don't like 'em? Ya bastards! I thought the new posts icon was cool, as the blinking effect stood out and made it easier to see where no posts were. I had my brother work day and night to make these for me! LOL

jackass
03-24-2007, 03:02 PM
You guys really don't like 'em? Ya bastards! I thought the new posts icon was cool, as the blinking effect stood out and made it easier to see where no posts were. I had my brother work day and night to make these for me! LOL

Seriously I dont like them. Tell him we all said Sorry...so sad! :)
Did you change the resolution on the homepage? For some reason it is too large for my screen but when I go to any other thread say it fits fine. :dunno:

Abbey Marie
03-24-2007, 03:38 PM
If you mean the Eagles on the left hand side, I like them. From a design standpoint, they go with the theme and colors of rest of the board. Of course, I may be watching too much HGTV!

shattered
03-24-2007, 06:30 PM
They're very...large and very...blinky.

But, then, I don't think there was anything wrong with the old ones...

jackass
03-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Its unanimous Jimbo..get rid of 'em! :lame2:

Roomy
03-24-2007, 06:46 PM
I say leave them for a week or two, then ask for opinions.:cool:

Abbey Marie
03-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Its unanimous Jimbo..get rid of 'em! :lame2:

Unanimous? Hey, what am I, chopped liver? :coffee:

shattered
03-25-2007, 07:38 AM
I think the boards gotten far too cluttered looking, and there may be too much emphasis placed on "Top Reputation"... You don't want new users to think rep is sort of like a contest, as opposed to just a fun little extra. It also makes the board seem far more slanted, with the expectation thrown in that you will only maintain high rep if you're on the right side of the slant. Granted, that's not true, but that's the first impression given.

jackass
03-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Unanimous? Hey, what am I, chopped liver? :coffee:

No not at all Abbey...but I knew you didnt like it either. :cool: