PDA

View Full Version : I Am Thankful For...

Kathianne
11-23-2008, 01:52 PM
It's so much easier to see what we don't have, than what we do. Here's an incomplete list of the things I have to give thanks for:

* Healthy children
* Parents that parented, teaching me how to do the same. Miss you!
* My brother and his family. I always have a place to turn to.
* A job I love, even when it's frustrating.
* My home, be it ever humble, it is warm and mine.
* Friends, in real life and here.
* Enough food that I have to watch not to eat too much!
* Technology for simplifying and complicating my life
* God given talents, no I won't list. You're welcome!

Kathianne
11-23-2008, 05:02 PM
It's so much easier to see what we don't have, than what we do. Here's an incomplete list of the things I have to give thanks for:

* Healthy children
* Parents that parented, teaching me how to do the same. Miss you!
* My brother and his family. I always have a place to turn to.
* A job I love, even when it's frustrating.
* My home, be it ever humble, it is warm and mine.
* Friends, in real life and here.
* Enough food that I have to watch not to eat too much!
* Technology for simplifying and complicating my life
* God given talents, no I won't list. You're welcome!

Wow, over 2 hours and no one else is thankful for anything in their lives? I'm going to add another,

I'm grateful that my children now have some semblance of a relationship with their dad. The largest impediment is how he acts towards their step brothers, ages 7 and 5. History is repeating itself, multiplied, as the mom is like the dad. My kids get upset, but I cannot help with the little ones.

krisy
11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Well,I have a list too!

My children!!!
A husband that is good to me
My parents and step parents
My brothers and sister and their families. I am very close with my big brother and his family....love them a lot!!!
In laws that I like:coffee:

Our house
my dogs....they are family too!
food to eat
cars to drive
the great country that I live in

I am also thankful that so far,my daughters hearing loss is not getting worse,because there is a 5% chance she could go deaf.

I am thankful that we both have jobs,and even tho we are really struggling,we get by.

hjmick
11-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Well, let's see... What am I thankful for...

My kids. I am thankful that they both have good heads on their shoulders. That they have great senses of humor. That between their mothers and I they seem to be traveling a course in life that will keep them happy and healthy.

My wife. Never has there been a person in my life who has made me happier that I am today. I love her more today than I did thirteen years ago when I moved in with her and I fully anticipate that that love will continue to grow. She is one of two people I trust without reservation. On top of everything else, she makes me a better person.

Kathianne
11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, let's see... What am I thankful for...

My kids. I am thankful that they both have good heads on their shoulders. That they have great senses of humor. That between their mothers and I they seem to be traveling a course in life that will keep them happy and healthy.

My wife. Never has there been a person in my life who has made me happier that I am today. I love her more today than I did thirteen years ago when I moved in with her and I fully anticipate that that love will continue to grow. She is one of two people I trust without reservation. On top of everything else, she makes me a better person.

I'm feeling more warm and fuzzy than in a long time. Please others, add on...

Abbey Marie
11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Sorry, Kath. I have been off the board a bit lately and not much inspired to post when I am on. Just one of those phases.

I am thankful for:

1. My husband and daughter, whose love and understanding I'm sure I don't deserve.
2. My Savior's grace
3. Being born in the USA
4. Having a nice home in a quiet and safe neighborhood
5. My smokin' hot bod. ;)

Kathianne
11-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Sorry, Kath. I have been off the board a bit lately and not much inspired to post when I am on. Just one of those phases.

I am thankful for:

1. My husband and daughter, whose love and understanding I'm sure I don't deserve.
2. My Savior's grace
3. Being born in the USA
4. Having a nice home in a quiet and safe neighborhood

Well other than #5, I can relate. :laugh2: Hey those that love me, love me. I love ya Abbey, in a non-gay way. ;)

Abbey Marie
11-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Well other than #5, I can relate. :laugh2: Hey those that love me, love me. I love ya Abbey, in a non-gay way. ;)

Right back atcha, Kath. See, the good will win out!

manu1959
11-23-2008, 08:16 PM
great wife
great kids
everyone is happy and healthy

good job and people to work with

nice house and garden
some cool stuff

and when all else fails i don't take much of anything too seriously.....

Kathianne
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
great wife
great kids
everyone is happy and healthy

good job and people to work with

nice house and garden
some cool stuff

and when all else fails i don't take much of anything too seriously.....

You Manu, are in my 'special' category, along with Abbey and some others. I'm thankful for you and them.

manu1959
11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
You Manu, are in my 'special' category, along with Abbey and some others. I'm thankful for you and them.

you are too kind.....i enjoy this place as well....and value our internet friendship as well....

red states rule
11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I am thankful for living in the US - the best country in the world

I am thankful for friends and family.

I am thankful for getting medical care in the US - the best care possible in the world

Classact
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm thankful for a happy and healthy family. No serious problems, not rich in dollars but we have all that we need. Happy that our cars are paid for and gas prices are falling... that we have great weather and don't have to spend money on heat even though my family complains about it being cold at 77F last night inside the house... I guess it got down to 70F outside? I'm not thankful that I need to cut the grass again.

crin63
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
There is just so much to be thankful to God for.

1) Grateful to God for providing a way for forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ my Lord.
2) Thankful to be alive and able to participate actively in my church and my families lives.
3) Thankful for my wife, children and all the truly great friends God has blessed me with.
4) Thankful for my parents, the things they taught me and that I get to talk to mommy a couple times a week and my dad a couple times a month.
5) Thankful for my pastor. He is and has been such a tremendous blessing to me and my family. He is much like a dad to me.
6) Thankful to live in the USA and to have experienced the freedoms I have had.
7) Thankful for Gods provision in my life and that of my family.

Kathianne
11-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Something I forgot and shouldn't have:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2435/soldierthanksfo3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/soldierthanksfo3.jpg/1/w498.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img99/soldierthanksfo3.jpg/1/)

5stringJeff
11-27-2008, 11:07 AM

TTIWWOP :D

I'm thankful for:

- Salvation
- My wife
- My children
- My home
- My freedoms
- My job... or, more specifically, the income my job provides
- My health
- My friends
... and lots of other stuff as well, but these are off the top of my head.