PDA

View Full Version : Disgraced Pastor Returns — As Businessman

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Ted Haggard is back at the pulpit after 2006 drug and sex scandal
Rev. Ted Haggard

updated 3:55 p.m. CT, Sun., Nov. 23, 2008
Earlier this month, a guest took the pulpit at Open Bible Fellowship in Morrison, Ill., a 350-member church surrounded by cornfields. The speaker was an insurance salesman from Colorado named Ted Haggard.

The former superstar pastor, disgraced two years ago in a sex-and-drugs scandal, had returned — this time as a Christian businessman preaching a message that was equal parts contrition and defiance. Haggard linked his fall to being molested in second grade and apologized again.

His two sermons were posted, fleetingly, on Haggard's Web site under one word: "Alive!"

While his exact plans remain unclear, Haggard is unmistakably making himself a public figure again, nine months after his former church said he walked away from an oversight process meant to restore him.

'A deceiver and a liar'
The man who confessed to being a "a deceiver and a liar" is asking for another hearing, finding encouragement from a loyal circle of supporters, skepticism from those evangelical leaders who think it's premature and complex emotions at the Colorado Springs church he betrayed.

Haggard, 52, resigned as president of the 30 million-member National Association of Evangelicals and was fired from New Life Church amid allegations that he paid a male prostitute for sex and used methamphetamine.

Haggard said in 2006 he bought the drugs but never used them, confessed to "sexual immorality" and described struggling with a "dark and repulsive" side. He had risen from preaching in his basement to taking part in White House conference calls — and fallen so far that he became a late-night punch line.

As part of a severance package with his former church, Haggard agreed to leave Colorado Springs for a period and not speak publicly about the scandal, church officials said at the time. But he never really disappeared, making news when he relocated his family to Arizona and solicited financial support in an e-mail.

Haggard's plea for funds was rebuked by a three-pastor team overseeing his "restoration" — a healing process that doesn't necessarily mean a public return. In February, New Life Church announced that Haggard had prematurely ended that relationship.

A return to ministry dangerous?

One restoration team member, H.B. London, said a return to vocational ministry in less than four or five years would be dangerous for Haggard, his family, former church and Colorado Springs.

"To sit on the sidelines for a person with that kind of personality and gifting is probably like being paralyzed," said London, who counsels pastors through a division of Focus on the Family, the Colorado Springs-based conservative Christian group. "If Mr. Haggard and others like him feel like they have a call from God, they rationalize that their behavior does not change that call."

Haggard, who declined to be interviewed, is not the first fallen evangelical figure to agree to oversight and then balk. In the late 1980s, televangelist Jimmy Swaggart confessed to liaisons with a prostitute, begged forgiveness and submitted to the Assemblies of God, his denomination. Swaggart was ordered not to preach for a year, but resumed broadcasts after a few weeks and was defrocked.

Haggard's support system includes Leo Godzich, who runs a Phoenix-based marriage ministry and said he met with Haggard at least once a week for more than a year. Godzich said Haggard remains committed to restoration, has paid a high price and still has much to offer.

"If all men are honest, all men are liars and deceivers," Godzich said. "Once someone is gifted and called, that is something they generally cannot escape. They will be used in that regard again."

"True redemption occurs when someone is fulfilling a destiny and purpose in their life."

Haggard now sells life insurance
Haggard's Nov. 2 return to the pulpit was set in motion by the Rev. Chris Byrd, a college classmate from Oral Roberts University. Byrd said he first invited Haggard to speak at his church last summer to offer the Haggard family support, help them heal and teach his own flock about sin and forgiveness.

By then, Haggard had moved his family back to Colorado Springs and was selling life insurance at their $700,000 home down the road from New Life Church, angering some who thought he should stay away.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27873931/page/2/

Kinda figures, don't it?

Psychoblues

Kathianne
11-23-2008, 08:16 PM
For a second there I thought PB was going off on MFM, no such.

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
No such what, Kat?

For a second there I thought PB was going off on MFM, no such.

Ted hasn't hoodwinked you as well, has he?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-23-2008, 10:14 PM
No such what, Kat?

Ted hasn't hoodwinked you as well, has he?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Good point!!

For the record I have no idea nor care who this haggard guy is.

stephanie
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
wasn't the Psycho just preaching about forgiveness in another thread..

I guess that only applies to people who he feels it should be for..

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Are you just running your mouth again, stevie?

wasn't the Psycho just preaching about forgiveness in another thread..

I guess that only applies to people who he feels it should be for..

There are other ways you can do that, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

stephanie
11-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Are you just running your mouth again, stevie?

There are other ways you can do that, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psycho Blues

your mouth is running enough for everybody here, like usual...

check into that AA, the booze is getting the better of ya..:beer:

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 10:55 PM
That's what I like about you, stevie.

You leave no doubt as to your subliminally intended remarks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Sitarro
11-23-2008, 11:03 PM

Hey Steph, If you put him on ignore you only see the nonsense he types when someone uses the quote button that he hasn't figured out yet, it's pretty cool.:cool::laugh2:

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 11:16 PM
How about putting yourself on "ignore", zero?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Hey Steph, If you put him on ignore you only see the nonsense he types when someone uses the quote button that he hasn't figured out yet, it's pretty cool.:cool::laugh2:

You're one poor ass liar, I'll give you that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

11-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Everyone deserves a second chance. That's why Christ died for us.

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Pastor Ted the dick licker certainly deserves a second chance, a'21.

Everyone deserves a second chance. That's why Christ died for us.

But, there seems to be a problem with that for some people here, don't you know?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! Thus, the conversation I intended. Obviously you don't dig that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

5stringJeff
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Everyone deserves forgiveness. Not every pastor who left the pulpit due to homosexual realtionships, drug use, and deciet deserves to get another shot at preaching.

Yurt
11-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Everyone deserves forgiveness. Not every pastor who left the pulpit due to homosexual realtionships, drug use, and deciet deserves to get another shot at preaching.

good point. forgiveness is one thing, but there are some who should simply not be preaching.

retiredman
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
good point. forgiveness is one thing, but there are some who should simply not be preaching.

Haggert certainly meets that description.

Yurt
11-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Haggert certainly meets that description.

interesting you feel that way so certain about that...given your recent verse about he who is without sin...

retiredman
11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
interesting you feel that way so certain about that...given your recent verse about he who is without sin...

I would never cast a stone at Haggert... I do not think that he deserves to preach the gospel, however. We all are given different gifts and should use them accordingly.... preaching the gospel is clearly not one of his, IMHO.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 10:43 PM
I would never cast a stone at Haggert... I do not think that he deserves to preach the gospel, however. We all are given different gifts and should use them accordingly.... preaching the gospel is clearly not one of his, IMHO.

who are you to judge haggert ... given your behaviour here you should step down...

Mr. P
11-24-2008, 10:46 PM

Curious...what makes one "deserving" in your opinion?

retiredman
11-24-2008, 10:47 PM
who are you to judge haggert ... given your behaviour here you should step down...

I am not "judging" him at all...I am merely offering my opinion of him... God alone will judge him. Certainly not me. And as others have said, it really is up to my congregation as to whether they think I am fulfilling their needs... certainly not you.

retiredman
11-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Curious...what makes one "deserving" in your opinion?

It is tough to say what IS deserving...it is easier to say what is disqualifying.

I would suggest that standing up and railing against the sins of homosexuality and drug use while engaging the services of a gay prostitute and abusing amphetamines would be disqualifying.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 10:50 PM
I am not "judging" him at all...I am merely offering my opinion of him... God alone will judge him. Certainly not me. And as others have said, it really is up to my congregation as to whether they think I am fulfilling their needs... certainly not you.

seems to me he has done no worse than you have here......and I am not "judging" you at all...I am merely offering my opinion of you...

retiredman
11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
seems to me he has done no worse than you have here......and I am not "judging" you at all...I am merely offering my opinion of you...

OK. I tend to disagree...and so does my congregation. You need to accept that and move on.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 10:56 PM
OK. I tend to disagree...and so does my congregation. You need to accept that and move on.

you need to accept the fact that it is possible i am correct.......actually it is likely......sin is sin no....

Mr. P
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
It is tough to say what IS deserving...it is easier to say what is disqualifying.

I would suggest that standing up and railing against the sins of homosexuality and drug use while engaging the services of a gay prostitute and abusing amphetamines would be disqualifying.

Interesting..then I'd have to say you are disqualified while standing here and railing yer profanities and false claims, being a vile human being and such..How are you qualified to preach to a trusting flock of sheep who most likely are morally above you?

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Interesting..then I'd have to say you are disqualified while standing here and railing yer profanities and false claims, being a vile human being and such..How are you qualified to preach to a trusting flock of sheep who most likely are morally above you?

again... if you were a member of my flock, you would have a say in such matters. As it is, you are not, and, therefore, really have no standing.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 11:07 PM
again... if you were a member of my flock, you would have a say in such matters. As it is, you are not, and, therefore, really have no standing.

we are a member of your flock here.....or are you not a man of god here......

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:07 PM
you need to accept the fact that it is possible i am correct.......actually it is likely......sin is sin no....

why would I "need to accept" anything from an insulting worm of a human being such as you?

Again...you need to really accept the fact that I value your opinion even less than I would a bucket of warm spit. From my perspective, you have earned that low status.

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM
we are a member of your flock here.....or are you not a man of god here......

I have never tried to preach the gospel to you. You are not a member of my flock. I am not an ordained minister. I am licensed to preach to only one congregation, and I do so. You are not a member.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 11:10 PM
why would I "need to accept" anything from an insulting worm of a human being such as you?

Again...you need to really accept the fact that I value your opinion even less than I would a bucket of warm spit. From my perspective, you have earned that low status.

because i am a child of god and i have been sent here to save you and hold up a mirror to show you your sin.....or have you look into the reflection of a bucket of warm spit......

as for my status....you look up to me.....admit it....

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:12 PM
because i am a child of god and i have been sent here to save you and hold up a mirror to show you your sin.....or have you look into the reflection of a bucket of warm spit......

as for my status....you look up to me.....admit it....

I do not look up to you. I used to consider you a fairly level headed and non-vindictive man, but you burnt that bridge long ago and have firmly resisted any attempts by me to rebuild it. so be it. And what you think you have been sent to do is your trip... I don't see you in that way. sorry.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 11:16 PM
I do not look up to you. I used to consider you a fairly level headed and non-vindictive man, but you burnt that bridge long ago and have firmly resisted any attempts by me to rebuild it. so be it. And what you think you have been sent to do is your trip... I don't see you in that way. sorry.

ah yes you are guiltless in this ...... your poor congregation ..... they have no idea the are lsiting to a liar every sunday....

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:19 PM
ah yes you are guiltless in this ...... your poor congregation ..... they have no idea the are lsiting to a liar every sunday....

I never said I was guiltless. I simply said that I had given up trying to build bridges between us.

and again...your opinion of my congregation is as valueless to me as your opinion of me is.

your opinion lost any value with me a while back.... and it was not always that way.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I never said I was guiltless. I simply said that I had given up trying to build bridges between us.

and again...your opinion of my congregation is as valueless to me as your opinion of me is.

your opinion lost any value with me a while back.... and it was not always that way.

oh the horror..............

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:25 PM
oh the horror..............

it is not a horror to me...it is merely an unfortunate reality.

I used to think you were an all right guy.... now I don't. I am sure you could give a shit about that opinion of mine and I don't blame you....

you just need to realize that I really have stopped giving a fuck what you think about ME.

sorry.

Yurt
11-24-2008, 11:26 PM

i guess talking to ladies on this site about splooge, blowjobs, etc...qualifies you...you are so afraid of your congregation finding out about your posts here...you should really think about that and what that means

haggert lived a lie and so do you...

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
i guess talking to ladies on this site about splooge, blowjobs, etc...qualifies you...you are so afraid of your congregation finding out about your posts here...you should really think about that and what that means

haggert lived a lie and so do you...

I only talk to "ladies" on this site like that who insult me first.

And again...I am not afraid of my congregation finding out anything...it is simply none of their business.

manu1959
11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
it is not a horror to me...it is merely an unfortunate reality.

I used to think you were an all right guy.... now I don't. I am sure you could give a shit about that opinion of mine and I don't blame you....

you just need to realize that I really have stopped giving a fuck what you think about ME.

sorry.

your myopic view of things really does make things difficult for you........it is quite funny how many people here have reached out to try to help you and all you do is shit on them...

then you are stuned when people blow you off.....

Mr. P
11-24-2008, 11:31 PM

So yer saying yer NOT really a man of GOD but a fake. OK, so you are only accountable to a small group of folks? Do I have that right? Are they entitled to know who is in the sheep's clothing? Just wondering.

Abbey Marie
11-24-2008, 11:32 PM
At least 'ol Haggy is not sitting on his butt collecting unemployment.

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:35 PM
So yer saying yer NOT really a man of GOD but a fake. OK, so you are only accountable to a small group of folks? Do I have that right? Are they entitled to know who is in the sheep's clothing? Just wondering.

no. you have that wrong. I am a licensed minister and I am licensed to perform the sacraments for my congregation only. My congregation is not entitled to intrude on my private life in any way. Does that clear that up for ya?

manu1959
11-24-2008, 11:37 PM
no. you have that wrong. I am a licensed minister and I am licensed to perform the sacraments for my congregation only. My congregation is not entitled to intrude on my private life in any way. Does that clear that up for ya?

don't you have an obligation to god to be the same here and there.....or do sins on the internet not count.....

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:37 PM
your myopic view of things really does make things difficult for you........it is quite funny how many people here have reached out to try to help you and all you do is shit on them...

then you are stuned when people blow you off.....

when I want your help, I will certainly ask for it.

but given your past behavior, I am quite certain that I will go to Immie or jimny or hjmick or any number of other members before I call on you.

sorry.

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
don't you have an obligation to god to be the same here and there.....or do sins on the internet not count.....

I have an obligation to my congregation. not to you.

sorry.

Yurt
11-24-2008, 11:41 PM

And again...I am not afraid of my congregation finding out anything...it is simply none of their business.

so that makes it right...yes preacher, only if they insult you first then you can talk about splooge etc...

first off, that is a lie, you have started many a nasty vile talk when no one has insulted you...you are not a victim.

second, you are afraid, that is why you tell people to defend themselves against your best should your church find out....you have also stated that to inform your church would HARM your livelihood....

now why would that be? you are living a lie, one here on the net and one to your flock. sad.

Yurt
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I have an obligation to my congregation. not to you.

sorry.

:lol:

remind me of the two greatest commandments

sorry manu, looks like we aren't neighbors

retiredman
11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
:lol:

remind me of the two greatest commandments

sorry manu, looks like we aren't neighbors

I have an obligation to love you both as I love myself. That does not mean that I have an obligation to change the way I live my life to suit your personal preferences.

sorry.

and for someone who wants to throw the greatest commandment in my face, I have not felt a lot of love coming at me from your direction in a long time. remember about those stones.

Mr. P
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM

So, a license makes ya special? If a Doctor with a license is killing folks on the side, totally against his oath of "do no harm" what would you do? What about his patients, do they have rights to know about this other life? Should he be free to practice just cuz he has a license? Should the truth be told? Just wondering.

Yurt
11-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I have an obligation to love you both as I love myself. That does not mean that I have an obligation to change the way I live my life to suit your personal preferences.

sorry.

and for someone who wants to throw the greatest commandment in my face, I have not felt a lot of love coming at me from your direction in a long time. remember about those stones.

i can throw your words back at you without worrying about glass houses...i am not the one who tells others they know diddly about christianity and question their sincerity. you are being hypocritical and i am merely being honest by pointing it out.

as to you defending your sexually vuglar comments to women:

so that makes it right...yes preacher, only if they insult you first then you can talk about splooge etc...

first off, that is a lie, you have started many a nasty vile talk when no one has insulted you...you are not a victim.

second, you are afraid, that is why you tell people to defend themselves against your best should your church find out....you have also stated that to inform your church would HARM your livelihood....

now why would that be? you are living a lie, one here on the net and one to your flock. sad.

retiredman
11-25-2008, 12:09 AM
So, a license makes ya special? If a Doctor with a license is killing folks on the side, totally against his oath of "do no harm" what would you do? What about his patients, do they have rights to know about this other life? Should he be free to practice just cuz he has a license? Should the truth be told? Just wondering.

a license doesn't make me special at all. In fact, it limits the scope of my ministry. My ministry does not extend to the internet. On here, I am just another board member with no clerical standing

Mr. P
11-25-2008, 12:13 AM

sorry.

Damn, is that a part of the license requirement, or somethin else?

retiredman
11-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Damn, is that a part of the license requirement, or somethin else?

part of the great commandment that applies to all of us.

Yurt
11-25-2008, 12:17 AM
a license doesn't make me special at all. In fact, it limits the scope of my ministry. My ministry does not extend to the internet. On here, I am just another board member with no clerical standing

then why do you post your sermons and talk about being a minister frequently? why do you tell me that if i listen to you i will understand god more? stick with me you said, yet now you say you have no clerical standing....but yet you talk to steph about splooge and blowjobs while telling her that you are preparing tomorrow's sermon....

you really think god thinks the internet is somehow hidden? that you can be one person here and another in real life and it doesn't make a difference? the bible calls us to witness to the whole world, are you suggesting the bible never intended the internet to be included? that you can use sexually vulgar words here while preparing your sermon for the very next day and that this is ok in the eyes of the lord?

you must think your church would frown on this as you claim if they were to find out, it would HARM your livelihood

retiredman
11-25-2008, 12:21 AM
then why do you post your sermons and talk about being a minister frequently? why do you tell me that if i listen to you i will understand god more? stick with me you said, yet now you say you have no clerical standing....but yet you talk to steph about splooge and blowjobs while telling her that you are preparing tomorrow's sermon....

you really think god thinks the internet is somehow hidden? that you can be one person here and another in real life and it doesn't make a difference? the bible calls us to witness to the whole world, are you suggesting the bible never intended the internet to be included? that you can use sexually vulgar words here while preparing your sermon for the very next day and that this is ok in the eyes of the lord?

you must think your church would frown on this as you claim if they were to find out, it would HARM your livelihood

actually, yurt...I find your fascination with my livelihood to be both pathetic and a bit creepy.:lol:

really.

I posted my sermons because the owner of the board thought it would be a good idea. Please don't read them if they upset you so much.

Yurt
11-25-2008, 12:25 AM
i see you willfully ignore my post, no surprise you refuse to deal with truths....

and hey, you recently told me to go and view/read your sermons and that they are now updated, but now you find it creepy....make up your mind...and good lord, your stchick is getting boring

it would be interesting if you could honestly discuss my post, or are you scared?

Mr. P
11-25-2008, 12:33 AM
part of the great commandment that applies to all of us.

Then how can you claim to not be accountable to anyone else but "yer" flock, and they have no right to know the real you? Come on...yer sounding like a real LOON!

11-25-2008, 12:35 AM
I see no reason why anyone who has geniunely repented shouldnt be allowed to preach if he/she so desires and people want to listen. Its the Spirit that converts people, not the person.

Yurt
11-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Then how can you claim to not be accountable to anyone else but "yer" flock, and they have no right to know the real you? Come on...yer sounding like a real LOON!

good point

11-25-2008, 12:36 AM

Why would you talk to anyone like that for any reason? Doesnt make much sense to.

11-25-2008, 12:56 AM

sorry.

You must really not like yourself then.

Seriously, keeping the commandments of God does mean that we need to change our lives to fit His will for us. That's the whole point of repentence and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Otherwise, Christ died in vain.

bullypulpit
11-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Ted Haggard is back at the pulpit after 2006 drug and sex scandal
Rev. Ted Haggard

updated 3:55 p.m. CT, Sun., Nov. 23, 2008
Earlier this month, a guest took the pulpit at Open Bible Fellowship in Morrison, Ill., a 350-member church surrounded by cornfields. The speaker was an insurance salesman from Colorado named Ted Haggard.

The former superstar pastor, disgraced two years ago in a sex-and-drugs scandal, had returned — this time as a Christian businessman preaching a message that was equal parts contrition and defiance. Haggard linked his fall to being molested in second grade and apologized again.

His two sermons were posted, fleetingly, on Haggard's Web site under one word: "Alive!"

While his exact plans remain unclear, Haggard is unmistakably making himself a public figure again, nine months after his former church said he walked away from an oversight process meant to restore him.

'A deceiver and a liar'
The man who confessed to being a "a deceiver and a liar" is asking for another hearing, finding encouragement from a loyal circle of supporters, skepticism from those evangelical leaders who think it's premature and complex emotions at the Colorado Springs church he betrayed.

Haggard, 52, resigned as president of the 30 million-member National Association of Evangelicals and was fired from New Life Church amid allegations that he paid a male prostitute for sex and used methamphetamine.

Haggard said in 2006 he bought the drugs but never used them, confessed to "sexual immorality" and described struggling with a "dark and repulsive" side. He had risen from preaching in his basement to taking part in White House conference calls — and fallen so far that he became a late-night punch line.

As part of a severance package with his former church, Haggard agreed to leave Colorado Springs for a period and not speak publicly about the scandal, church officials said at the time. But he never really disappeared, making news when he relocated his family to Arizona and solicited financial support in an e-mail.

Haggard's plea for funds was rebuked by a three-pastor team overseeing his "restoration" — a healing process that doesn't necessarily mean a public return. In February, New Life Church announced that Haggard had prematurely ended that relationship.

A return to ministry dangerous?

One restoration team member, H.B. London, said a return to vocational ministry in less than four or five years would be dangerous for Haggard, his family, former church and Colorado Springs.

"To sit on the sidelines for a person with that kind of personality and gifting is probably like being paralyzed," said London, who counsels pastors through a division of Focus on the Family, the Colorado Springs-based conservative Christian group. "If Mr. Haggard and others like him feel like they have a call from God, they rationalize that their behavior does not change that call."

Haggard, who declined to be interviewed, is not the first fallen evangelical figure to agree to oversight and then balk. In the late 1980s, televangelist Jimmy Swaggart confessed to liaisons with a prostitute, begged forgiveness and submitted to the Assemblies of God, his denomination. Swaggart was ordered not to preach for a year, but resumed broadcasts after a few weeks and was defrocked.

Haggard's support system includes Leo Godzich, who runs a Phoenix-based marriage ministry and said he met with Haggard at least once a week for more than a year. Godzich said Haggard remains committed to restoration, has paid a high price and still has much to offer.

"If all men are honest, all men are liars and deceivers," Godzich said. "Once someone is gifted and called, that is something they generally cannot escape. They will be used in that regard again."

"True redemption occurs when someone is fulfilling a destiny and purpose in their life."

Haggard now sells life insurance
Haggard's Nov. 2 return to the pulpit was set in motion by the Rev. Chris Byrd, a college classmate from Oral Roberts University. Byrd said he first invited Haggard to speak at his church last summer to offer the Haggard family support, help them heal and teach his own flock about sin and forgiveness.

By then, Haggard had moved his family back to Colorado Springs and was selling life insurance at their $700,000 home down the road from New Life Church, angering some who thought he should stay away.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27873931/page/2/

Kinda figures, don't it?

Psychoblues

I'm sure Ted will be simply fabulous.

Psychoblues
11-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Ted Haggart is and has been for some time now "rolling in the dough". Religion has become a money thing and I thank the fundamentalists like Haggart and his kind for that.

Don't you?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

bullypulpit
11-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Ted Haggart is and has been for some time now "rolling in the dough". Religion has become a money thing and I thank the fundamentalists like Haggart and his kind for that.

Don't you?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

Yeah...I'm going to get a bad toupee and a cheap suit, and a doctor of divinity diploma from a diploma mill and become a televangelist. My motto..."Fleece the flock twice a day and thrice on Sunday!"